Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Livinasimminlife's Stories: Starlight Saga begins

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hi everyone, I crawl out from under my hole to get real about this year, writing, and gaming. Also a HUGE update on Livin' A Simmin' Life. The long promised Generation 2 is coming... *drumroll please* December 1st!

Learn more over on LASL, and about the new home for Parker's story. I'm excited.

Writing, Gaming, and Coping with Life + HUGE announcement for LASL

In the meantime, for those of you here, I'll give you a sneak preview of the updated series cover and a sneak peak of the plot.
    alliance-of-magic-series.png?w=736&h=280
    Ever since she was a little girl, Parker Green heard the stories of the Black Moon Forest. Traveling to Avalon to study the ways of the spellcasters is a dream come true. However, Parker discovers adjusting to life abroad will be more complicated than she could have imagined. Despite the tradition of opening the borders every festival season, many locals are difficult and downright hostile toward outsiders. And that is the least of Parker’s problems...

Read more over on the blog!

Don't forget to follow on SDS WordPress to get updates on Parker's story, and you can follow me on my Simblr for exclusive behind-the-scenes info for the upcoming season.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    the-simself-green-family-1.png?w=676&h=338

Very nice! Good lookin' kids we got there. :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    the-simself-green-family-1.png?w=676&h=338

Very nice! Good lookin' kids we got there. :)
    Round 2 turned out really well. Took me forever though in CAS. Haha.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Hello LASL peeps and followers, I've got a update, finally, for my I Have Never... story!

I'm only 4 chapters in if you're interested in reading. I decided to resurrect this story with a Super Sim challenge to force myself to try things I've never done before in TS4. Also, it seemed like a good pairing with an 'I Have Never' bucket-list kind-of story anyhow. As far as I know, a Super Sim challenge has never been done with an elder protagonist before. This will add a bit of an additional challenge to completing everything. We'll see how far I get. I could fail miserably. :#

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed just playing the game for the sake of playing. I know... I am writing a story to go along with it too, but nothing's scripted. I do really enjoy my plot-driven stories too, but it's nice to move through at a leisurely pace sometimes.

Without further adieu...
    7XxxFF5.png
    Chapter 2: I Have Never... Danced Like No One's Watching
    ...in which Sophie learns to dancercize!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    The days got away from me, friends. Okay, I planned to show this way sooner. I'm sure some of you have already read it, but just in case, I'm sharing the generational description for the first story in the Alliance of Magic series (AOM) - #1 Crescent Moon Conspiracy (CMC).

crescent-moon-conspiracy.png?w=736&h=368
    Ever since she was a little girl, Parker Green heard the stories of the Black Moon Forest. Traveling to Avalon to study the ways of the spellcasters is a dream come true. However, Parker discovers adjusting to life abroad will be more complicated than she could have imagined. Despite the tradition of opening the borders every festival season, many locals are difficult and downright hostile toward outsiders. And that is the least of Parker’s problems.

The mountain merchant town of Glimmerbrook is more crowded than usual with the announcement of an engagement between a Avalonian wizard and a Highlander princess. The union of these two noble families will secure peace and prosperity between the ancient sovereign nations of mages and fairies. Yet the impending nuptials are overshadowed by the passing of the vampire Count Vladislaus Straud and the rise of his vengeful Unseen Queen, sending the ruling classes scrambling for power and position.

When Parker discovers a plot against the highborn families, she is quickly thrown into the dazzling and dangerous world of politics, prestige, and parties. With the help of her childhood best friend, a mysterious diplomatic agent, an eccentric investigator, and a bewitching engineering student, can Parker determine who is behind a series of “accidents?” Unearthing a long buried secret may be the only way to prevent catastrophe, but it threatens to unravel the Alliance of Magic.

I also have a post up: 4 Things You Should Know Before Reading the Alliance of Magic Series. This will give you some backstory, lore, and insight into what's coming. :)

There's another post coming in a few hours (I post after midnight MST) so stay tuned for more.

I'm excited to share with you the debut of this series. I promise chapters are right around the corner.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Crescent Moon Conspiracy 🌙 The Prologue arrives in T minus 1 hour and 52 minutes MT. Eek! I'm so excited. Only 3 days later than planned.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    It's here! *drumroll please* I'm so excited to announce the Prologue for Crescent Moon Conspiracy posted today.

This has been such a long time coming. I can hardly believe it's here. I hope you enjoy!

11-03-20_5-59-01-pm.png?w=736&h=414
    Prologue: The Percussion of Sages

...in which you get to see my extensive makeover of the sages in Realm of Magic, and gain some geographical, historical, political, and societal insights in the form of a (hopefully interesting) prologue.

I had a lot of fun developing Elle's, Simeon's, and Morgyn's personalities and the game really allowed their characters to shine and brought my vision to life. I did keep some of their original traits, but I added some things (via mods) to give them more robust personalities in game. Feel free to drop questions here if you got them, or let me know your favorite sage thus far! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Forgot to share this here:

WMryj5y.png
    I Have Never... Joined a Gym
    ...in which Sophie develops strange new feelings... and tries to work out at the gym

Also Sophie's progress toward her goal of Bodybuilder:
    Dy2jgOZ.png
    I'm so proud of her for trying new things!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    In honor of my (actual) birthday, I just decided to play around in TS4 with my Simselfie's family for fun. I downloaded a beautiful lot by Maxis and moved the family to Brindleton Bay. Enjoy the photos below.

wRdtZyE.png
    Mother and daughter sit down for an early morning cup of tea and a chat.

XiLhNd3.png
    What do they want to watch? College Cram. :lol:

0FeHMvC.png
    These two ladies are so pretty. I know, I'm biased, but still... really pleased with how they turned out. Also those lamps are huge!

2cGm0St.png
    Joseph and Lizzie have an enthusiastic chat on the couch and flirt a bit before lunch.

XzXl5k8.png
    @LegacySims2017's Joseph looks sad after making those amazing looking loaded baked potatoes. I think it's cuz it's really hot outside and he's wearing a long-sleeved shirt.

CAc9Cmo.png
    family lunch gathering

yeQY8ks.png
    See those baked potatoes were so good, Joseph! No one talked for a full thirty minutes while eating. :lol:

dO51aad.png
    Joseph blows his wife an awkward kiss.

eVlT5FM.png
    After all these years, he can still make her blush.

MRiMkKz.png
    Joey Jr. shares a joke about Sunset Valley. I don't think he's ever been. Lizzie follows up with a joke about Sunset Valley too. Ooo the competition is on!

jJVsLj9.png
    Parker tells a joke about penguins.
    "Where do penguins keep their moula? ... in a snow bank!

q3yCaVF.png
    At least Nate found it funny.

5KEHADU.png
    The whole family goes for a swim after lunch. Parker swims laps.

bMjJbir.png
    Joseph splashes Lizzie.

tg0J8PD.png
    She splashes him back.

GLKObV7.png
    At least they're having fun.

fwOuoLb.png
    The sun comes out. The triplets stay and enjoy some lounging time.

7t20zHE.png
    Parker heads inside first for a bath, while @LegacySims2017's Dulcie curls up on the bath mat for a nap.

cZRgEiA.png
    This gorgeous berry Sim delivers the mail for the day. Lots of gifts for Lizzie.

OcTCGyg.png
    Look at that view! I love the family's new home.

Yn6Jkdt.png
    Joseph goes for an evening jog. He got a notification that his boss died while he was out and about. RIP Justin Delgato.

6efFta6.png
    Parker works in her garden. I wish I could look that cute when I garden. :grimace:

OG75Zmh.png
    Lizzie uses the laser pointer to entertain @LegacySims2017's Dulcie.

zrwauJx.png
    After their showers, Lizzie tried to entice Joseph to dance with her to the stereo.

oZx4Kea.png
    No more bad news bears! Shut up and dance with me! :lol:

kENbu9u.png
    Okay, he looks happier now. :smiley:

Hope you enjoyed!
    (After all that, I realized it was the wrong season for my birthday. Oh well. haha.)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited December 2020
    In honor of my (actual) birthday, I just decided to play around in TS4 with my Simselfie's family for fun. I downloaded a beautiful lot by Maxis and moved the family to Brindleton Bay. Enjoy the photos below.

wRdtZyE.png
    Mother and daughter sit down for an early morning cup of tea and a chat.

XiLhNd3.png
    What do they want to watch? College Cram. :lol:

0FeHMvC.png
    These two ladies are so pretty. I know, I'm biased, but still... really pleased with how they turned out. Also those lamps are huge!

2cGm0St.png
    Joseph and Lizzie have an enthusiastic chat on the couch and flirt a bit before lunch.

XzXl5k8.png
    @LegacySims2017's Joseph looks sad after making those amazing looking loaded baked potatoes. I think it's cuz it's really hot outside and he's wearing a long-sleeved shirt.

CAc9Cmo.png
    family lunch gathering

yeQY8ks.png
    See those baked potatoes were so good, Joseph! No one talked for a full thirty minutes while eating. :lol:

dO51aad.png
    Joseph blows his wife an awkward kiss.

eVlT5FM.png
    After all these years, he can still make her blush.

MRiMkKz.png
    Joey Jr. shares a joke about Sunset Valley. I don't think he's ever been. Lizzie follows up with a joke about Sunset Valley too. Ooo the competition is on!

jJVsLj9.png
    Parker tells a joke about penguins.
    "Where do penguins keep their moula? ... in a snow bank!

q3yCaVF.png
    At least Nate found it funny.

5KEHADU.png
    The whole family goes for a swim after lunch. Parker swims laps.

bMjJbir.png
    Joseph splashes Lizzie.

tg0J8PD.png
    She splashes him back.

GLKObV7.png
    At least they're having fun.

fwOuoLb.png
    The sun comes out. The triplets stay and enjoy some lounging time.

7t20zHE.png
    Parker heads inside first for a bath, while @LegacySims2017's Dulcie curls up on the bath mat for a nap.

cZRgEiA.png
    This gorgeous berry Sim delivers the mail for the day. Lots of gifts for Lizzie.

OcTCGyg.png
    Look at that view! I love the family's new home.

Yn6Jkdt.png
    Joseph goes for an evening jog. He got a notification that his boss died while he was out and about. RIP Justin Delgato.

6efFta6.png
    Parker works in her garden. I wish I could look that cute when I garden. :grimace:

OG75Zmh.png
    Lizzie uses the laser pointer to entertain @LegacySims2017's Dulcie.

zrwauJx.png
    After their showers, Lizzie tried to entice Joseph to dance with her to the stereo.

oZx4Kea.png
    No more bad news bears! Shut up and dance with me! :lol:

kENbu9u.png
    Okay, he looks happier now. :smiley:

Hope you enjoyed!
    (After all that, I realized it was the wrong season for my birthday. Oh well. haha.)

That was adorable! A great day in game and hopefully a great day out of game! Happy birthday, @AdamsEve1231! <3
    giphy.gif

Those were great screenshots. Love the new house.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    giphy.gif

this was a great episode joey gave away free birthday pastries to get dates.

happy birthday a and e.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Happy birfday to you and maybe pretend your simself is in Australia for the season thing? :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Happy birfday to you and maybe pretend your simself is in Australia for the season thing? :p

not to take away from a and e birthday but when did you morph in to a heart? last time i saw you you were a dog.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

not to take away from a and e birthday but when did you morph in to a heart? last time i saw you you were a dog.

It's a heart containing my dogs!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr

It's a heart containing my dogs!

awesome. i made it bigger then saw the dogs.
    :)
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Happy birthday Lizzie! ^^
    Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. :) My real birthday was nice too. Took the day off work. Caught up with some shows. Enjoyed a few hours in game. My best friend and husband surprised me with fondue and wine. Oh and shiny! Gotta have my bling. :D

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    giphy.gif

happy birthday a and e.

You would know the episode, @friendsfan367. :tongue: And good to see you're still lurking here.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Haha. Good thinking. Doesn't fit with my world lore but whatever. It's my birthday. My Sim can command the weather now. :#:D Summer in winter. Ha!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    giphy.gif

Thank you. I love the house too. Big enough for all of them (well at least until they all leave for uni and Parker for Glimmerbrook). And the view is spectacular!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    giphy.gif

happy birthday a and e.

You would know the episode, @friendsfan367. :tongue: And good to see you're still lurking here.

yeah i dropped back in when snowy escape came out. then my mods broke and in one case rebroke. but i'm here. just need to see if ui cheats got updated. i need it for sis actually she can't have her elsa update yet cause i need the cheats ui comes with.
    edited December 2020
    giphy.gif

Thank you. I love the house too. Big enough for all of them (well at least until they all leave for uni and Parker for Glimmerbrook). And the view is spectacular!

I chose that GIF on purpose too. "Joey", and green and black shirt. :wink:

Oh, and when the kiddies run off to college and....magic school? :grimace: .... Dulcie will have all that space to herself.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    giphy.gif

Oh, and when the kiddies run off to college and....magic school? :grimace: .... Dulcie will have all that space to herself.

and thats not a house is centrral perk the coffeehouse, :)
    giphy.gif

I see what you did there. :wink:

Yes, Lizzie and Joseph will be empty nesting in a big house soon. But it was time to move from the apartment and to stop renting. Between the two of them, at the top of their careers, they could afford this beautiful home. And Dulcie had the best time running all over the house at night before collapsing in front of the fire at 5am the next morning.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest