Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Read The User Agreement?

2...Next

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    No
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    I just assume they’re all the same.

So, at some point, we’ll all lose everything permanently. We’re Unbelievable. Does the same go for TS3?

Depends where you acquire the TS3 copy, if you bought the disc version you will keep it permanently granted if you still have access to the discs and they're still in good condition.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Yes
    The user agreement is really for their "games as a service" model. Sims 4 and a majority of games now require the internet to update for patches. I have the physical game discs for Sims 4 and Get to Work. I can download play those offline without any of the orginal patches. At least I found that to be true now with a computer we do not have connected to the internet. It is like that for many modern games though.

The old days of just downloading old games is over. I played the first iteration of the Sims from launch until it would not load on a computer with Windows 10 in 2015. You purchase a license to play, you never own a game anymore.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    No
    izecson wrote: »
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    I just assume they’re all the same.

So, at some point, we’ll all lose everything permanently. Unbelievable. Does the same go for TS3?

Depends where you acquire the TS3 copy, if you bought the disc version you will keep it permanently granted if you still have access to the discs and they're still in good condition.

I don’t have it, I was just wondering. My computer doesn’t have a disc drive, so I guess that’s out of the question.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Other
    I've read it fully in the past, but now, since I haven't seen too many changes in it, I merely skim it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    No
    No point. Can't play without agreeing and I'm aware of what's in it.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Yes
    musteni wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    No, it's to much reading and it usually the same legal jargen about how the game it tied to your account and how you don't own the game you merely bought a licences agreement to use their product.

What do you mean I don't own my game!?

Among other things it means that EA can decide to shut down its servers, removing access to all TS4 content, and there isn’t a thing we can do about it. They aren’t obligated to provide us with perpetual access to the product.

I'm not sure what you mean about access. TS4 can be played offline, so if it's on our hard drives, how can they stop access?

If you uninstalled the game at any point, or bought a new computer or hard drive, you wouldn’t be able to re-download it.

I don't think that's right. Many people (me included) have bought new computers and play the game just fine.

I don't remember if I skimmed through the agreement in the first place, I do sometimes. But it's been a while for sure.

They weren't talking about right now. They were saying if EA ever felt the need to shut down their server for any reason (let's say Zombie Apocalypse). If they ever shut their server down, you would not be able to re-download the game if you ever needed to.
    Or if Microsoft decided Windows 10 needed a massive overhaul - there would be a chance that the game would not be able to function. Just like how you can't really play the original sims on Windows 10.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited November 2020
    I Skimmed It
    I tried.

It was written in long form alienish
    (like pretty much all agreements, terms and legal stuffs)
    so I didn't really understand a thing though.

I guess I'll just hope it said nothing about offering my firstborn child to eliza pancakes as sacrificial gift
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    No
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    musteni wrote: »
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    No, it's to much reading and it usually the same legal jargen about how the game it tied to your account and how you don't own the game you merely bought a licences agreement to use their product.

What do you mean I don't own my game!?

Among other things it means that EA can decide to shut down its servers, removing access to all TS4 content, and there isn’t a thing we can do about it. They aren’t obligated to provide us with perpetual access to the product.

I'm not sure what you mean about access. TS4 can be played offline, so if it's on our hard drives, how can they stop access?

If you uninstalled the game at any point, or bought a new computer or hard drive, you wouldn’t be able to re-download it.

I don't think that's right. Many people (me included) have bought new computers and play the game just fine.

I don't remember if I skimmed through the agreement in the first place, I do sometimes. But it's been a while for sure.

They weren't talking about right now. They were saying if EA ever felt the need to shut down their server for any reason (let's say Zombie Apocalypse). If they ever shut their server down, you would not be able to re-download the game if you ever needed to.
    Or if Microsoft decided Windows 10 needed a massive overhaul - there would be a chance that the game would not be able to function. Just like how you can't really play the original sims on Windows 10.

I'd be too busy fighting the zombies than playing The Sims, or any game for that matter.

My downtime would be spent making weaponry and foraging. 😉
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I Skimmed It
    I normally just skim through the user agreements, just to be sure. Though actual agreements IRL, absolutely.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    No
    Nah, I never bother, I just want to play the game. Scroll down, "yes, I agree, blah blah", and done.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    What User Agreement?
    I have neither the time or the patience to read too many paragraphs of legal jargon that I can barely comprehend. Yeah you have my info. Yeah I dont own the game. Want my first born too? Just show me the "I accept" button.
  • NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    What User Agreement?
    What is this "User Agreement" you speak of?
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I Skimmed It
    Looked it over, but not even remotely remembered. They're all the same anyway, user promises to be a good boy/girl and abide by the rules, EA promises to do whatever they feel like with no notice.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Quick heads-up: I moved this thread to the Off-Topic section because it isn't specifically about The Sims but all EA games. :)
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    No
    If they make you scroll to the bottom that's when my mouse freescrolling does it for me otherwise I totes "read it"!
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    No
    No.

It's always the same. They have all the rights, users have none. If you don't agree you don't play - as simple as that.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I Skimmed It
    No point in reading it when you pretty much know it's straight forward "Agree or you no play! and Don't be a one of those guys." Type deals or you loose your game so a once over works fine.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

Yes
    Hold up, I've never seen this before?? Now I have more agreements to read lol

n7tDFNi.png
    O(≧▽≦)O

Yes
    If you prefer not to share your EA personal information with third-party advertising partners, you may follow the instructions on this page to change your settings: https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBPRIVACYCA/US/en/PC/
    O(≧▽≦)O

• BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I Skimmed It

n7tDFNi.png

I got the same thing during the update too.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

Yes
    BMSO wrote: »

n7tDFNi.png

I got the same thing during the update too.

I'm pretending it was all because of my post lol
    O(≧▽≦)O

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited November 2020
    I Skimmed It
    I basically read the whole thing to get the gist of it, but I did skim through a few parts here and there so I guess I have to go with this answer.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • kkanne31kkanne31 Posts: 66 Member
    No
    I never read the agreements but I'll be honest the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this was the south park episode where they did not read the apple agreement (if anyone watches the show or knows what I am talking about ha)
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I think it's important, we never know what scam could hide behind something right?
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    What User Agreement?
    Nope. As far I know I could be married to a monkey.
    6JSxk49.png?1