Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUILD/BUY Overhaul for the sims

S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
edited July 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Build/buy overhaul

• Being able to change objects footprint size so you can fit more things and sims manoeuvre around objects better that IRL they would be able to do
• Remove or turn wall part on roof invisible to make roofs more versatile
• More roof shapes: half circular/hexagonal/octagonal roofs, angle half circular/hexagonal/octagonal etc
• Option to turn roofs into rooms ( when a roof is at a certain height)
• Curve the edge sides of roofs as well as top so the roof can better integrate with other roofs
• Detail mode for build/buy (if CAS has why not build mode). detail mode includes: separating colour swatches of frames on different objects such as bed frames, chair frames. Separating skirting and panelling. Ungrouping objects from each other like set of 3 lights and pillows. When in build/buy you select that category objects you are given a detail mode option of that object that highlights that object section you want to separate or swatch separately
• Panel and skirting separate from wallpaper (panel/skirting category)
• Foundation paint to also include the same paint as wall paint (and panel paint if add that category)
• Mattress separate from bed
• Change door colour on the different sides
• Being able to put windows on top of each other on the same tile
• Have railing and curtain separate so you can extend how long you want a railing to be
• Railings don’t clip into windows
• Fencing without a lip
• All fences to have a matching gate and railing
• Stair corners option to connect two stairs edges
• Cribs separate from babies and more crib options (hanging crib, woven crib, basket)
• Being able to add any rug pattern to any shape rug
• Plain Sheer floor length curtain for all heights
• Flushed to wall blinds
• Checkered curtains
• Single tile fall length curtain
• Single tile,2 tile,3 tile Modern shutter curtain for short windows and floor length
• All mirrors start at the bottom so you can have them at any height
• Couple swings
• Tree swing
• Tyre swing
• Single swings that also be used as seat as well as swing
• Small exercise equipment (dumbbells, skipping rope, pull up bar)
• More base game kid activities (hopscotch, toddler rocking horse)
• Portable chessboard
• Portable cards
• Flat wall speaker
• Water bowl for pet
• Drum kit
• Stroller
• Skateboard
• Scooter
• Surfboard (update for island living)
• Hammock (update for island living)
• Bunk beds
• Sleeping bag
• Pull-out sofa-beds
• In ground jacuzzi/hot tub
• Ceiling shower
• Base game one tile shower (which will probably be ceiling shower)
• Colour swatches be located at the side beside the object rows, so they don’t cover the row other objects
• More colour swatches from objects all object should have all the wood colours and all the rainbow colours
• In detail mode split swatches colour frames separate from object
• More kitchen counters and cabinets
• Integrated fridges, mini fridges
• Under counter fridge and washing-machine
• Change countertops swatch separate from counter
• Under counter oven
• Stoves separate from oven
• Wall microwave, wall in cabinet oven
• Fridge cover cabinets to matches current cabinets
• Hidden fridge so fridge looks like kitchen cabinets
• Use cabinets and counters as actual storage for appliances like microwave and coffee machine so they are not always put and you can place them out
• Add roof trims and friezes like fences so they are accurate
• Free movement on surface objects instead of slots so you can freely put any object in the position you want
• Any object can go on any surface (so we don’t get floating objects with move objects on when you try to place a object without a snap on that particular surface)
• When you resize a surface object other objects that on top don’t snap top it’s original height but to it current height.
• Column slider working on corners of the wall
• Turn on/off snapping so object don’t always automatically snap (e.g bushes and columns snapping to house on a foundation or curtain snapping to window)
• Glass floor tile
• Connect a living room chair and ottoman (similar to dining chair with table) turns seat function into a lounge using the two seating objects
• Paint ceiling
• Update all windows with black and white swatch
• Modern toilets holder
• Get together wardrobes work on diagonals in wall (make wardrobe size change for diagonal axis)
• Being able to move mouse holes and apartment utility box so so can decorate the build how like because it a shame not being able to upgrade the apartment how would (when IRL you can fix mouse entrance so it doesn’t make sense a necessary to keep it in the same spot)
• Being able to save apartments as apartments they should be a apartment in at least the room menu however we should be able to save to a apartment as lots not having to find a work around especially when we have penthouses
• Split levelling
• Being able to connect walls at different wall heights
• Being able build wall on half tiles
• Terrain manipulation should be able to right next to wall
• Being able to paint on terrain manipulation dirt patches
• In wall floor length windows and corner bend windows so when you put them together they look seamless
• All windows and doors and frames at every height
• Placing window on top each other on the same tile
• Placing stairs on diagonal axis
• Ladders not having a square tile border box line
• Ceiling latch for stair and ladders so when to put ladder/stair to a roof it doesn’t flood make the room underneath open.
• Being able to place gates on half tiles
• Copy debug objects
• Use inventory in build mode without a sim so you select the items you need when need so you don’t have to tack and look for them
• Wall cut outs so you don’t have frame that come with arches
• Being able to put wall right by the lot line
• Hose to work as pet shower for cats and dogs expansion
• Ramps
• Motorcycles 🏍 and quad-bikes/cars 🚘
• Fix base game clock texture
• Alarm iconic clock ⏰
• More Modern table clocks ⏰
• Cat shifting eyes clock ⏰
• Family lot trait (so whole families will visit lots from toddler, children, teens, parents etc)

:) (IMHO)

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Holy wow! That is some wishlist! LOL, but I loved all of them! Most of them I had already dreamed about but some were "aha" moments for me and "OMG! YES!" Type thing.

I have one that I don't think you listed.....

The ability to lower one wall of a room and the ceiling, to create slanted ceilings for mid-century modern style homes, or to make a "peaked" ceiling, like attics have.

If everything on your list was implemented, I'd never ever want another Sims iteration!
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited August 2020
    Ability to just place floor tile above the room, sometimes im having difficulty creating an upper floor because it came out empty and the button to place the floortile isnt present somehow. also improvement in roof placement when it touches another object such as wall the rest of the roof wont clip to the interior.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2020
    I would like some of the Buy Mode objects you mentioned, like the swing-sets and portable activity objects. Also, an update to separate the babies from cribs would be nice. But as far as the Build Mode suggestions, I know for a fact I wouldn’t use 98% of what was suggested - they would be essentially useless to me. I still dislike that they added the ability to adjust terrain level. The first thing I do when I go to a lot is press the button to flatten all terrain.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I like your idea for a toddler lot trait. Even better would be if they just fixed it so families when out just brought their toddlers with them! Especially to parks and restaurants.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
    edited November 2020
    Build/buy overhaul

• Being able to change objects footprint size so you can fit more things and sims manoeuvre around objects better that IRL they would be able to do
    • Remove or turn wall part on roof invisible to make roofs more versatile
    • More roof shapes: half circular/hexagonal/octagonal roofs, angle half circular/hexagonal/octagonal etc
    • Option to turn roofs into rooms ( when a roof is at a certain height)
    • Curve the edge sides of roofs as well as top so the roof can better integrate with other roofs
    • Detail mode for build/buy (if CAS has why not build mode). detail mode includes: separating colour swatches of frames on different objects such as bed frames, chair frames. Separating skirting and panelling. Ungrouping objects from each other like set of 3 lights and pillows. When in build/buy you select that category objects you are given a detail mode option of that object that highlights that object section you want to separate or swatch separately
    • Panel and skirting separate from wallpaper (panel/skirting category)
    • Foundation paint to also include the same paint as wall paint (and panel paint if add that category)
    • Mattress separate from bed
    • More bed types: round bed, loft bed, step up bed, four person bed (so children can lay with parents), chaise lounge bed, on floor mattress, futon, storage bed, hanging bed
    • Change door colour on the different sides
    Being able to put windows on top of each other on the same tile
    • Have railing and curtain separate so you can extend how long you want a railing to be
    • Railings don’t clip into windows
    • half walls without a lip
    • All fences to have a matching gate and railing
    • ponds and pools without the default trim.
    • Stair corners option to connect two stairs edges
    • Cribs separate from babies and more crib options (hanging crib, woven crib, basket)
    • Being able to add any rug pattern to any shape rug
    • Plain Sheer floor length curtain for all heights
    • Flushed to wall blinds
    • Checkered curtains
    • Single tile fall length curtain
    • Single tile,2 tile,3 tile Modern shutter curtain for short windows and floor length
    • All mirrors start at the bottom so you can have them at any height
    • Couple swings
    • Tree swing
    • Tyre swing
    • Single swings that also be used as seat as well as swing
    • Small exercise equipment (dumbbells, skipping rope, pull up bar)
    • More base game kid activities (hopscotch, toddler rocking horse)
    • Portable chessboard
    • Portable cards
    • Flat wall speaker
    • Water bowl for pet
    • Drum kit
    • Stroller
    • Rocking horse for toddler and kids
    • Skateboard
    • Scooter
    • Surfboard (update for island living)
    • Hammock (update for island living)
    • Igloos ( update for seasons or snowy escape)
    • Bunk beds
    • Sleeping bag
    • Pull-out sofa-beds
    • Pillows in decorations
    In ground jacuzzi/hot tub
    • In ground bath
    • Ceiling shower
    • Base game one tile shower (which will probably be ceiling shower)
    • Colour swatches be located at the side beside the object rows, so they don’t cover the row other objects
    • More colour swatches from objects all object should have all the wood colours and all the rainbow colours
    • In detail mode split swatches colour frames separate from object
    • More kitchen counters and cabinets
    • Integrated fridges, mini fridges
    • Under counter fridge and washing-machine
    • Change countertops swatch separate from counter
    • Under counter oven
    • Stoves separate from oven
    • Wall microwave, wall in cabinet oven
    • Fridge cover cabinets to matches current cabinets
    • Hidden fridge so fridge looks like kitchen cabinets
    • Use cabinets and counters as actual storage for appliances like microwave and coffee machine so they are not always put and you can place them out
    • Add roof trims and friezes like fences so they are accurate
    • Free movement on surface objects instead of slots so you can freely put any object in the position you want
    • Any object can go on any surface (so we don’t get floating objects with move objects on when you try to place a object without a snap on that particular surface)
    • When you resize a surface object other objects that on top don’t snap top it’s original height but to it current height.
    • Column slider working on corners of the wall
    • Turn on/off snapping so object don’t always automatically snap (e.g bushes and columns snapping to house on a foundation or curtain snapping to window)
    • Glass floor tile
    • Connect a living room chair and ottoman (similar to dining chair with table) turns seat function into a lounge using the two seating objects
    • Paint ceiling
    • Update all windows with black and white swatch
    • Modern toilets holder
    • Get together wardrobes work on diagonals in wall (make wardrobe size change for diagonal axis)
    • Being able to move mouse holes and apartment utility box so so can decorate the build how like because it a shame not being able to upgrade the apartment how would (when IRL you can fix mouse entrance so it doesn’t make sense a necessary to keep it in the same spot)
    • Being able to save apartments as apartments they should be a apartment in at least the room menu however we should be able to save to a apartment as lots not having to find a work around especially when we have penthouses
    • Split levelling
    • Being able to connect walls at different wall heights
    • Being able build wall on half tiles
    • Being able to apply roof tile on the roof flat wall parts so when going glass house build look seamless
    • Terrain manipulation should be able to right next to wall
    • Being able to paint on terrain manipulation dirt patches
    • Eye dropper for terrain paint for things in the world off lot
    • In wall floor length windows and corner bend windows so when you put them together they look seamless
    • All windows and doors and frames at every height
    • Placing window on top each other on the same tile
    • Placing stairs on diagonal axis
    • Ladders not having a square tile border box line
    • Ceiling latch for stair and ladders so when to put ladder/stair to a roof it doesn’t flood make the room underneath open.
    • Being able to place gates on half tiles
    • Copy debug objects
    • Use inventory in build mode without a sim so you select the items you need when need so you don’t have to tack and look for them
    • Wall cut outs so you don’t have frame that come with arches
    • Being able to put wall right by the lot line
    • Hose to work as pet shower for cats and dogs expansion
    • Ramps
    • Motorcycles 🏍 and quad-bikes/cars 🚘
    • Fix base game clock texture
    • Alarm iconic clock ⏰
    • More Modern table clocks ⏰
    • Cat shifting eyes clock ⏰
    • Family lot trait (so whole families will visit lots from toddler, children, teens, parents etc)

:) (IMHO)

added
    Post edited by S1MSLYS1S__QARD on
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    Glass walls!!! I can't believe they didn't add this with the Seasons patch. Or at least a seamless 1x1 window that comes in all wall heights. But seriously, if they could do glass roofs as recolors, why not glass windows??!!
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'd like some (or all) of the main catalog categories sub-divided into smaller categories.

For example: PICTURES.
    Pictures should be sub-divided into art work like paintings, posters, decals, groupings of pictures and utility objects like a bulletin boards.

Don't get me started on WALL HANGINGS. :D
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited November 2020
    I agree with smaller, more detailed categories, Bathroom clutter, kitchen clutter, outdoors items, etc.

Having a "Clutter" category is wayyyyyyy too general.

Or better yet, let us make our own categories and and tags show only certain items appear in those categories.

I loved collections in TS2 and TS3, it was a pain to make them but once you painstakenly took the time to organize it how you felt was logical, it was soooo much better!

Deco Shoes/Clothing
    Deco Pillows
    Fake Architecture items
    Kitchen Wall Decor
    Kitchen Clutter
    Bathroom Towels
    Deco Blankets

And on and on and on!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I agree with smaller, more detailed categories, Bathroom clutter, kitchen clutter, outdoors items, etc.

Having a "Clutter" category is wayyyyyyy too general.

Or better yet, let us make our own categories and and tags show only certain items appear in those categories.

I loved collections in TS2 and TS3, it was a pain to make them but once you painstakenly took the time to organize it how you felt was logical, it was soooo much better!

Deco Shoes/Clothing
    Deco Pillows
    Fake Architecture items
    Kitchen Wall Decor
    Kitchen Clutter
    Bathroom Towels
    Deco Blankets

And on and on and on!

Plus, a more accurate idea of what CLUTTER is verses STUFF or STATUES would help. There are things that I think should be in one category and go there to find them, but they aren't there so, off I go scanning another possible location.