Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share Your Sentiment Gameplay

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I started a new game and Vlad came over before I put the No Trespassing sign up. But my Sim was awake, and she did Disallow Vampires. Vlad started a new painting on her easel and walked away from it. She came outside and scrapped the painting. Vlad started a fight with her and won, but still came away with the Furious sentiment (and no plasma). I think the sentiments are going to be fun.

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited November 2020
    Natalie invited her dad over to her new apartment. They went for a swim in the rooftop pool, she cooked him dinner, and then while eating she got a sentiment for him that she was feeling closer due to shared happy memories.

RDw9JZ2.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    edited November 2020
    Well, here I am several days later to report that my Sims are now feeling sentiments toward other Sims. In my Ancestral game save, it is a great deal of fun. At first, I was controlling Sarah Jane Hawkins (sixth great-grandmother) and she was interacting with her future husband. She developed the Deeply Connected sentiment and a small pink bar in their romance meter. I was thrilled. I have no idea what she did next, but suddenly he's telling her she's beautiful, but he doesn't feel that way about her. :open_mouth: POOF gone was that pink bar. No! NO! When in all actuality, he adored her. Rolled back a save and started again. This time I was controlling him. Since this game is set in the 18th century, it's no wonder I had better results. I guess the male is allowed to make such advances (it truly was a man's world back then) and completely untoward for a female to make such overtures.

He had Deeply Connected that moved to Close, then onto Adoring, then Smitten until he was Deeply in Love. That's more like it. LOL When I chanced to play from her side of things, she held the Deeply in Love sentiment for him, but so far nothing else. Hm. But, they just got married. I will have to wait until there's another Hotfix for MCCC before I durst play that game save again, lest I force an error, so to speak, and have to start anew. I don't wish to do that. But I need that mod or this save won't work. I had a blast, though. I'm really enjoying the sentiments.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I’m playing a household where a young adult sim has gone on a few dates with a guy and she got a sentiment that caused the dazed emotion because her feelings for him made her dizzy 😂 i’m liking it so far. I haven’t had much drama yet so I haven’t seen the deeply negative sentiments yet, but hoping for some soon 😈
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    I've only been playing with one family, so I haven't noticed this yet, but I've been seeing a few people say sentiments don't stay when you switch households? Is this true or is it a bug?
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

My sims wife is having an affair with Naoki Ito. These are their sentiments: kQBow34.png
    The wife has the good and proper traits so I assume they are triggering Opposites Attract because Naoki has the mean trait. Interesting to see that she is smitten and he isn't :) She just discovered she is pregnant so things are about to get messy. They're also started to get less careful about being seen. I'm hoping for drama.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2020
    So this is what happens when you force your kid to do homework :joy:

8DzolEB.png
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    I am so grateful for the sentiment system, this is the direction the game should go! But one thing worries me a bit. My favorite Sims couple were married before the update. They went on two golden dates, they flirt all the time, wohoo and so on and only the wife has "Deeply in Love" ... The guy only has "Smitten". I know it's stupid, but I have a bad game when I know that my perfect marriage is not "perfect" anymore. Maybe someone will advise what to do? :(
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Ugh, as I feared, I am already growing to hate sentiments. My couple who had full romance and friendship bars were talking to an old friend of the family. All three of them have never once done anything evil. The game decided that the wife got angry at the husband for "flirting" and now has a long-lasting grudge sentiment. He has never actually flirted with anyone other than his wife, and he's not even that flirty with her. I really hope we get some cheats soon to turn off sentiments, or I may need to stop playing for a while.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Ugh, as I feared, I am already growing to hate sentiments. My couple who had full romance and friendship bars were talking to an old friend of the family. All three of them have never once done anything evil. The game decided that the wife got angry at the husband for "flirting" and now has a long-lasting grudge sentiment. He has never actually flirted with anyone other than his wife, and he's not even that flirty with her. I really hope we get some cheats soon to turn off sentiments, or I may need to stop playing for a while.

Wasn't he flirty in that moment then? As far as I know the game never actually gives that mood (and I assume sentiment) unless the sim actually flirts, which can happen by accident and is pretty annoying sometimes when it does. But this was even a thing before sentiments :/
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Wasn't he flirty in that moment then? As far as I know the game never actually gives that mood (and I assume sentiment) unless the sim actually flirts, which can happen by accident and is pretty annoying sometimes when it does. But this was even a thing before sentiments :/

Nope, his mood was Fine.

Nope, his mood was Fine.

Hm :( And the other sim he was talking to, also not?
  • GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    So sentiments are only for social behavior and outcomes?

I have sentiments with 3/4 friends. One very famous celebrity my minimal famous sim Zen met on her charity party where they just exchanged 1 or 2 interactions. The celebrity immediately found her pleasant to be around. It does makes sense though as my sim Zen has some perks and traits to make fast friends as well as with celebrities. She now has the lifestyle where she is better at having deeper connections with new friends then with older friends. This also makes sense for what I aspire her to be. I like how it turns out.

With her boyfriend, she only has one sentiment where they feel a deeper connection cause of that same party she threw even though they barely spoke :D Didn't get how that happened though. He was just dancing all night by himself. I am hoping for some other sentiments, cause I Always felt they are so perfect for eachother like sharing the same traits, same interests etc.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Aericia wrote: »
    I am so grateful for the sentiment system, this is the direction the game should go! But one thing worries me a bit. My favorite Sims couple were married before the update. They went on two golden dates, they flirt all the time, wohoo and so on and only the wife has "Deeply in Love" ... The guy only has "Smitten". I know it's stupid, but I have a bad game when I know that my perfect marriage is not "perfect" anymore. Maybe someone will advise what to do? :(

Make them renew wedding vows. :) my sims both became “deeply in love” after it.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member

The 'Free love' NAP sometimes makes sims flirt autonomously, that could be a source of problems.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    edited November 2020
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Aericia wrote: »

Make them renew wedding vows. :) my sims both became “deeply in love” after it.

Thank you, I have never experienced this interaction. My other Sim got engaged and they both got Deeply in Love. It is a pity that you need such tricks if the marriage has a full pink love bar. :(

The 'Free love' NAP sometimes makes sims flirt autonomously, that could be a source of problems.

And it shows that this game is underdeveloped. A very good idea with sentiments, but if the player has no control over the Sims (they can flirt on their own and we don't know why) or the "free love plan" works, the game gets messy. It's great that we finally have the consequences of cheating, but we should be able to better control our Sims right away. If the devs gave us an attraction system and set up the game so that autonomous flirting would be possible if the other Sim is extremely attractive (like in a certain mod), it would make more sense. Now it's probably the randomly, uncontrolled reflexes of a silly computer bot.

Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,667 Member
    It's obvious that sims' emotions and moods are much bolder after sentiments. I like it, as long as it coordinates with their personality.

I wish that a mom would not communicate in that flirty tone with her 8 years old son though. Not sure if she got the flirty moodlet from watching tv or from flirting with her also flirty mood hubby. Family life never was weirder...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Nope, his mood was Fine.

Hm :( And the other sim he was talking to, also not?

Correct. They were just two friends having a normal conversation while in normal moods.
    edited November 2020

I’m pretty sure all my NAP problems are sorted out, or at least they were before the patch. Every neighborhood in every world has been set to only Tech Support, and I have Simvasion’s mod installed. I should make sure I’ve set all the Mt. Komorebi neighborhoods though.

• AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    One of my sims couples have many romance ones - deeply in love, enamored, deep connection. All it took was one trip to a bar to ruin it - a random sim must have flirted with the wife so now the husband has a bad sentiment toward her because he thinks she cheated. Neither one of them were flirty at the bar and I did not actually see what happened, but he suddenly got angry and got the cheated on sentiment. I do wish it would only happen if the the accused sim did the flirting and not was just flirted with by some random sim in a bar. All in all - it is likely no big deal since these fade away - like in Sims 2 when a sim felt rage at another sim - just best to keep then apart until it fades (though admittedly a bit hard to do when they live in the same house!).
    edited November 2020

I’m pretty sure all my NAP problems are sorted out, or at least they were before the patch. Every neighborhood in every world has been set to only Tech Support, and I have Simvasion’s mod installed. I should make sure I’ve set all the Mt. Komorebi neighborhoods though.

I checked, and the Mt. Komorebi neighborhoods didn't have NAPs yet, so I set them to see whether that will help. I also reinstalled the NAP mod.

• IfIdieyoungIfIdieyoung Posts: 45 Member

Does she have the jealous trait? I have been hesitant to play with one of my couples because one of them is jealous and he already gets upset when his husband so much as talks to other people. I don't want to destroy their relationship.
    Origin id:
    lisimpson93
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    My sim is hurt because he doesn't like the present his little daughter gave him for Winterfest. 😐 It was holiday decorations she crafted herself! Now I'm hurt too haha. How rude.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,667 Member
    edited November 2020
    somewhsome wrote: »
    My sim is hurt because he doesn't like the present his little daughter gave him for Winterfest. 😐 It was holiday decorations she crafted herself! Now I'm hurt too haha. How rude.

Haha, that is actually quite horrible :open_mouth: Bad dad alert! What are his traits?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    I really like the sentiments. However I feel that they disappear to fast. Sentiments such as adoring and things like that I wish they would stick around for much longer than they do especially when it comes to family relationships. It's highly unlikely that sentiments such as these would disappear so fast for parents and children relationships especially but sadly they vanish after a short time and it makes not much sense to me.