Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still have hope/interest in TS5?

And why or why not?

What do you think the team needs to focus on the most? What should be the priority/ aim of the next game?

Id say right now what the team constantly says is inclusitivity. What is one word/theme youd want EA to focus on in the next game?
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Do you still have hope/interest in TS5? 103 votes

Yes, I plan to purchase / but I will wait after a release
53%
MightySparksTheSpotted_CamchristianTEXASKITTYKATyesme88simgirl1010friendlysimmersKatAnubisairotciv54wineland88PteamjenAverageLuluMoonCrossWarrior22Renato10waterywatermelonOnverserPallies656602Sigzy05indigo_snap45king_of_simcity7 55 votes
No, and I dont plan on purchasing.
46%
IceyJSimburianParyluthienrisingfruitsbasket101Cinebarstilljustme2sikasika18RamblineRoseduhboy2u2Alwe1507DragonAge_300905EmzyDalsvidaBabykittyjadeHarukotyanRsandakristenleighwhitebenson2006snoepjes1210Sorak4 48 votes

Comments

• LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    Depth. That's what my word would be. Without the fantastic modding community, I would not be playing this game at all. For a game where all of its DLCs combined are over $500 bucks, (haven't checked, but it could easily be over that now) it shouldn't be so easy to get so bored with what we have. There's no... well, let's just look at your signature. No personality, humor, consequences, or lore and while the CAS is great, there's no color wheel either. In fact, if there was a color wheel, I'm not sure if the dark skin tones would've looked so off.

I think all of that could be solved with a focus on depth and making TS5 a purely single player experience. But while I'm kinda new with focusing on stuff in this community, I heard somewhere that TS5 could have multiplayer features, which could potentially take focus away from the single player. This, combined with typical EA bull in an oversensitive era where there are those (not everyone) who care less about being an individual and more about giving categories and labels to almost everything which in turn, causes certain developers, like this game's, to worry too much about pleasing everybody (which is an impractical goal) is why I think the game will flop when those people mentioned earlier need to be ignored.

Now if I'm wrong, I'll happily accept it. I like good games. I doubt I am, though.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Focus on Life Simulator not Millennial Simulator like focusing only on party and social media stuff.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    I plan to get it, story progression/ open world is a prime interest for me. : D
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I'd buy it as long as it has all the features I want such as 1) open world with CAW and in-built travel among worlds, 2) colorwheel, CASt, basically ability of complete customization of everything including gameplay, 3)gameplay and other features not released piecemeal like with TS4 - each pack must have something for everyone like with previous iterations 4) NOT online multiplayer - savegame is local with optional only cloud saving.

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,424 Member
    CEO Andrew Wilson: "Typically, what The Sims has done is really focus on fulfilling the motivations of inspiration, escape, creation, self-improvement, and not necessarily focus as much on social interaction and competition..."
    CEO Andrew Wilson: "As Maxis continues to think about The Sims for a new generation across platforms and a cloud-enabled world, you should imagine that while we will always stay true to our inspiration, escape, creation, self-improvement motivation, that this notion of social interaction and competition – like the kind of things that were actually present in The Sims Online many years ago – will start to become part of the ongoing The Sims experience in the years to come."

If they're going to repeat the Sims Olympus/Sims 4 debacle all over again. I'm out... COMPLETELY.

I'll play Sims 3 until...
    hell082way_wide-d452268a5a1fd0fbc7351a269588579ff078053d-s800-c85.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I am keeping my eyes open
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I will not judge 5 until it is out and then I will make my decision. After shunning 3 for as long as I did and then loving it, I was extra forgiving with 4 where I probably should not have been. Regardless, it could be the best Sims game yet, or the worst. Only time will tell.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2020
    Life Simulation. After the past year and a half I have come to the conclusion TS5 might actually be worse than TS4, and I had such big dreams a few years ago. I don't play games for a safespace and to pat myself on back for being inclusive. It's almost to the point these days that Maxis had turned one Simmer against the other to the point one might ask another why in the world don't you have more skins in your game and are just playing little green men? That's so far from what Sims were twenty years ago. Challenge Everything. I don't need games that try to make me feel bad for playing all little green men. ETA" The evidence they have succeeded in this is by all the threads created wanting to know how many genders or non genders or non white or non brown or how many of this or that we play. That was never a question before was it, so that is all on Maxis. Division. At no time do I ever remember threads were all about how inclusive we were or not. But it's the big thing now.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Focus on Life Simulator not Millennial Simulator like focusing only on party and social media stuff.

What are major things you think a life simulator should focus on?

LJK wrote: »
    Depth. That's what my word would be.
    I think all of that could be solved with a focus on depth and making TS5 a purely single player experience. .

What does depth look like for you in The Sims?

I'd buy it as long as it has all the features I want such as 1) open world with CAW and in-built travel among worlds, 2) colorwheel, CASt, basically ability of complete customization of everything including gameplay, 3)gameplay and other features not released piecemeal like with TS4 - each pack must have something for everyone like with previous iterations 4) NOT online multiplayer - savegame is local with optional only cloud saving.

What would you want the expansions to be like?

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Amen.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Sure I will buy it, if they will ever make it.

All that I want is that Maxis makes a game that is able to deliver what their fans want without compromises. Make a game that can compete with other games that are released today. We are seeing some incredible achievements from other game developers and EA and Maxis are...lagging behind.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    It will be like 2014. Nothing in the game. NO THANKS.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    it's been said so many times but sims 1 creativity & humor, sims 2 gameplay & details, sims 3 new features like open world, caw & color wheel, and sims 4 cas & build. and good graphics. i want a god simulator, not a barbie dreamhouse kind of game. give us gamemodes at least.

i still have a small hope the game can be good cuz supposedly there won't be no flawed limited engine unlike ts4. they should learn from their mistakes, hire better programmers and more personnel in general, invest on their AI, and not release the game in beta or alpha or whatever. but i don't trust ea to make their part with maxis. which means no dumb marketing, no lack of budget, etc.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Social media is here to stay, and goes way beyond "millenials". I mean, you've even got companies using Facebook and Twitter to push ads.

Not to speak ill of the departed, but it does seem like there was a change in focus when Rachel Franklin left and Lyndsay Pearson took over. It was after that when we got toddlers patched in, packs like Parenthood, etc. Sims 4 got off to a real rough start, and hopefully they can avoid that with Sims 5 by making sure they have all age groups in the game at start, and developing each age group to have more individuality. To me, the age groups that are lacking the most are Teen, Adult and Elder. Teens feel like mini-YA; if they're going the aspiration route, I'd like to see teen specific aspirations -- maybe some to do with popularity (or notoriety), some regarding academic success/preparing for future (would tie in well with the eventual University pack), etc.

I'm not really sure if I want to jump on the Sims 5 bandwagon just yet. If it's going to be strictly multiplayer or involve VR, then I'm out.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

Social media is here to stay, and goes way beyond "millenials". I mean, you've even got companies using Facebook and Twitter to push ads.

Not to speak ill of the departed, but it does seem like there was a change in focus when Rachel Franklin left and Lyndsay Pearson took over. It was after that when we got toddlers patched in, packs like Parenthood, etc. Sims 4 got off to a real rough start, and hopefully they can avoid that with Sims 5 by making sure they have all age groups in the game at start, and developing each age group to have more individuality. To me, the age groups that are lacking the most are Teen, Adult and Elder. Teens feel like mini-YA; if they're going the aspiration route, I'd like to see teen specific aspirations -- maybe some to do with popularity (or notoriety), some regarding academic success/preparing for future (would tie in well with the eventual University pack), etc.

I'm not really sure if I want to jump on the Sims 5 bandwagon just yet. If it's going to be strictly multiplayer or involve VR, then I'm out.

I like your positivity and I do hope that when Lyndsay is in charge from the start of Sims5 of development we get a better gameplay for every age groups,

What I mean by social media is that they are too heavily promoted!/encouraged in the game, the career, simstagram, the simtube blogger and even in the latest trailer like Snowy Escape. It's fine for me If it's in moderate amount.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    We have to acknowledge how much more sophisticated players are now in regards to computers and AI. I think that has had the biggest impact on our enjoyment of The Sims. We speak of more Depth, because we are bored. We want to create Sims with more complex AI than they have now. It may be too much to ask. I don't know.
  • vlofvlof Posts: 2 New Member
    The one thing I think would be so cool to bring back was Story Mode. I loved playing this in TS2 on the PlayStation. Some will say it's basically what we do now but not entirely. I want an option where you complete objectives. Sims now is get a job, get married, have kids, they go to school and gain skills. It's the same process over and over. I love the game but it gets dull after a while. In Story Mode, you basically did missions/levels. Once completed you moved on to a different area and had something new to do. Have story mode and free play. Free play you can do what you want. Story Mode would give users a different option. You'd have different missions or tasks to complete for certain people or even finish small side missions. Each expansion pack can have a new mission/task to do. I hope this makes any sense at all. Even have this on Xbox or Playstation. At least for me, this would get me more excited to play and more excited for the expansion packs. Trailers for packs don't really show how the gameplay is. Trailer vs. Gameplay is different and I wish it could be the same.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020

I like your positivity and I do hope that when Lyndsay is in charge from the start of Sims5 of development we get a better gameplay for every age groups,

What I mean by social media is that they are too heavily promoted!/encouraged in the game, the career, simstagram, the simtube blogger and even in the latest trailer like Snowy Escape. It's fine for me If it's in moderate amount.

to be fair it's the world we live in.
    the sims used to be a satire of our society and even if it wasn't meant to be on ts4 i think the game itself nails the concept too lol
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I used to be super excited and wanting TS5 to happen ..... NOW!

But, after the last year and seeing how much more lackluster and non-full, fleshed out packs are becoming for the same price as they used to be in previous iterations, I don't ever see that changing. So, I'm not excited at all any more.

If they are truly going with a multiplayer version (even if they have a single player version along with it) we're once again going to have a limited engine and dummied down AI ..... why would they need a robust, intuitive and smart AI if it's multiplayer? The "players" will essentially be the AI.

The engine will be basic again because if it's multiplayer, they will need it to perform well on servers with millions of people on it at the same time.

I'm know I will buy it, but definitely not at release.

But if it doesn't have at bare minimum:
    • Open neighborhoods without loading screens ...... where I can walk freely into community lots and visit my neighbors or surrounding neighborhood areas until I choose to go to another world.
    • CAW or the ability to place my own lot sizes, design my own world with world objects that I want in MY game
    • Colorwheel and CASt for everything from CAS items to Build/Buy
    • Ability to build functional Apartments in any world I choose
    • Ability to paint the darn ceiling
    • Configurable stairs
    • Pools (with actual diving boards)
    • More variety of community lots besides .... bar/lounge/nightclub (which are essentially the exact same thing), libraries, museums
    • Ability to create Multi-functional lots ..... I want to create MY lots how I want them, if I want a laundromat/bar/daycare as a community lot, then that's what I should have the ability to create
    • Expansion packs that actually "expand" the base game ..... objects, systems, and game play should be able to be used in any world I chose to use them in
    • Wants/Fears
    • Attraction System (Turn Ons/Turn Offs)
    • Traits that actually influence the sims behavior ..... I don't want a loner sim to be unhappy because they haven't socialized recently
    • TOGGLES! Lots and lots of toggles for everything, so players can truly customize their game the way they want .... I'm not an occult player but did buy ROM and Vampires even though I don't really play them, but I didn't mind them doing their "occulty" things in my game, removing that was wrong on the Devs part, they should have implemented a toggle for those players who didn't want that in their game
    • All ages, fully fleshed out from release

I could go on and on, but those are my major must haves for me to actually invest any more time and money into another iteration of The Sims.

• KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    I will buy it when it comes out (assuming my computer is up to it). However, I hope it's not coming soon. I'll probably play TS4 until they have enough EPs to make it more fun. (I always hate starting over and missing all the things. But I think it's reasonable that they add things as time goes on. Otherwise the company won't be around to make more games.)
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    We have to acknowledge how much more sophisticated players are now in regards to computers and AI. I think that has had the biggest impact on our enjoyment of The Sims. We speak of more Depth, because we are bored. We want to create Sims with more complex AI than they have now. It may be too much to ask. I don't know.

I agree, better Ai is important.
    I did suggest Open Ai earlier, they could try something like that.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Have been researching Paralives and like what I see. They seem to have found the soul that TS4 lost.
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    edited November 2020
    I plan to purchase ONLY if the gameplay is greatly improved. I am so excited about the idea of Sims 5, but as each new pack for 4 releases, I am losing anticipation. I've played every version. If 5 is a revamped version of Sims 2, with the open world and color wheel of Sims 3, the CAS and building system of Sims 4, and the Sims look like they do with my CAS mods - Almost perfect. I'll preorder every expansion and will enjoy it as much as I did 2.
    If it follows the same formula as 4, I will not buy it and save myself the headache of wishing I had what I had in older games. I own the older games. I'll just play them instead. I love building in 4, but honestly I don't care to play with the Sims much. It's a beautiful looking game, but when I play with Sims, I just wish they were the same as they were in 2. I miss the details and the animations so much. I would just love to see it brought back with today's graphics.