Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like the in game music?

Comments

• Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes
    Sims 2 will always have the best soundtrack, in my opinion, but Sims 4 is a very close second! <3

Sims 3, as much as I love the game itself, has the absolute WORST soundtrack in the entire game (which the exception of a few tracks that I actually really enjoy).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hate it. Burn it with fire. I don't want to hear that music blaring as I load into game ever again.
    Sure, but wait, are you talking about the game music itself? Or the music from the radio section? If the game, then yes, its okish, if the radio then, sure but it needs more, at least the electronica music needs more!

I was talking about the loading screen/cas/build buy music but honestly it doesn't really matter people can talk about both

Also I was wondering how people hear the other packs music? Mine usually only plays the same few tracks, it's normally just the realm of magic one and the base game one. I've never even heard some of these tracks in my game that people have shared
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Meh
    I like the radio stations mostly, I dont like the Build/Buy and other music.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Meh
    Can't stand the build/buy and CAS. Love the radio stations and the Batuu loading screen music. Pretty much it.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Meh
    I could take it or leave it. I usually listen to other music or watch TV/ YouTube as I play, so I rarely have it on.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes
    Oh, misread poll. Meh would be my vote.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Other...
    Onverser wrote: »
    Also I was wondering how people hear the other packs music? Mine usually only plays the same few tracks, it's normally just the realm of magic one and the base game one. I've never even heard some of these tracks in my game that people have shared

On the original loading screen it's always either the original theme or one of the variations of it that came with the expansion packs. It would be quite ok with me if they never made another variation on that, honestly.

But then when I am in build/buy or on loading screens when my sims travel it alternates. I probably don't get every track. I think it's a bit weighted to Island Living and Eco Lifestyle right now, with a few tracks from RoM, Vampires and Strangerville mixed in. Which would mean it's favoring the two most recent expansion packs I purchased, and kind of the last three game packs. (I am pretty sure the Batuu music is limited to loading screens on your way to/from Batuu and between neighborhoods there, probably at Disney's insistence since the music is so similar to the movie music.)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Other...
    With Twitch it has been hard. It tends to mute all the in game music and sad that even Gurus can't even play their own game music with their streams anymore because of the DMCA things going on. This is what is going on there: https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/20/21525481/twitch-streamers-dmca-takedown-notices-riaa-copyright
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Other...
    love certain ones. The one for base game is eh, but I'm obsessed with the theme from the vampires GP and I like the one from Get Together because it gives me Celtic vibes haha.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Yes
    I've said this before but whoever composed the NuDisco station from Bowling Night is a genuis. If you want a true retro/mid-century feel to your game the music really captures it and makes it feel like your sims are in that time. (Along with retro/mid-century builds of course). I always have it on in retro bowling ally builds and retro diners.

But my favorite music in the game is by far everything that came with Vampires. BB/CAS, Spooky station, ect. Almost always have this on at all times.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Yes
    I like it quite a lot, but I wish my CAS didn't always seem to default to Vampires. I mean, it's great, but I get tired of hearing it every. single. time. Too much of a good thing.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Yes
    I adore the game's soundtrack, even installed a mod that uses other Sims music for CAS and Build modes, and I am not disappointed in them in the slightest. They're all great pieces to listen to! :)
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes
    I love the music! It's much better than TS3's.

The marching band one that came with University is my favorite!
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    No
    Music has been turned off for me for a long time. :D I actually forget that it's a thing sometimes.

Not that I hate it, but when I used to leave it on, it would just get repetitive and start grinding on my nerves.
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Yes
    I've always loved the music in The Sims...even back in the Sims 1. I've found myself whistling the build mode whistling music and feel the non-Simlish version of "Cheer Up And Free Your Mind" is the inferior one. It's nice to hear the Sims 1 music playing on the speakers in Sims 4.
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Meh
    Meh. It's alright, I guess, but I wouldn't really mind not listening to it.
    banner.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Meh
    I mostly play with sound off but I think the music is OK from the little I heard of it.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Other...
    SIMS 2 : Build Buy
    SIMS 3 : Map views, S3 pets Main Theme
    SIMS 4 : Build Buy and CAS
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    No
    I turned it off a long time ago. When I build, I listen to music on Spotify. :)
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,344 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes
    The build mode music is one of the things I love about Sims 4. Sometimes when I go into build mode just to do something quick, I get so into the music that I sit there listening for the whole song before remembering I was just going to do that one quick thing and go back to play mode. And I've never gotten tired of the music even when I'm building for a long time. I like that there are so many different pieces with totally different styles, and that new ones keep being added.

I also enjoy the intro music (isn't some of it the same as the build mode music?) and I like all the in-game sim radio stations.

I guess I'm just easily pleased when it comes to music. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited November 2020
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Unfortunately, my Desktop PC can't get any sound. I tried for two years to find some parts but nobody was able to help me.
    My computer is able to upgrade. I have Windows 10, a new keyboard & monitor added to my computer. But for whatever the reason, I can't upgrade a new sound part for my computer. So, my poor PC remains mute. :(:'(

Have you tried plugging in headphones? I don't have sound on my computer, but if I plug in headphones, I can hear just fine. And that means the rest of my family doesn't have to listen to the Sims while I'm playing.

Forgot to mention that I loved listening to the Venus section from Holst's The Planets in CAS. I didn't expect that. I also enjoy the new loading screen music that came with SE.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Other...
    95% of the time I don't have my headset on, I have a toddler in my house in RL and I need to listen for her in case she needs something.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yes
    I’m amazed at the talent artists have when covering their song in Simlish. There’s a song I’ve caught my sims listening to under Latin Pop that’s really catchy. Even without words, there’s this underlying sadness that is so well-expressed. I recently checked the name of it and it’s called Sleep Talking by Charlotte Lawrence. It’s about catching someone cheating and I was like, of COURSE that’s what this song is about! lol
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    Yes
    I've always loved the music in the sims' franchises from one to the present. My favorite radio station to listen to has got to be the blues station, that one just blows me away!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.