Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you now make your sims wear Masks?

124...Next

Comments

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hell no!
    I've have enough of that in real life. Besides, it's also a real pleasure to see the Sims smile, when in real life everybody has to walk around masked.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    Do you play to escape the pandemic or do you want to simulate life as it is going on around you. I never before made or found masks for my sims to wear, but I have seen on Tumbler some simmers having masks on their sims even before the pandemic. I figured it was because masks are common in Asian countries.

Has anyone seen some cool mask on CC sites?
    Post photos of your masked Sims

I don't play to escape reality but the masks... no...
    I played Plague the other day and i felt really anxious. So, no...
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Only my Batman & Batgirl wear masks. It's from Discover University.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Nope. I play video games to get rid of stress. Since I am an essential worker, I have grown to really hate masks and dealing with the pandemic restrictions in general.
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

This is going to sound surprising given my signiture banner but...no, I'm not. I did download CC masks for the express purpose of making my signiture/blog header, but I did not leave the masks on for normal gameplay.

I've always played/written my Sims from the perspective that while their world may resemble ours in many ways, it is not an exact reflection of it. So I've never really gone out of my way to include real-world current events. (Also, from a logistical standpoint, I just didn't want to go through the process of going into CAS and adding a mask to every outfit for every Sim in my game. I chose a random group for my banner, took the screenshots in CAS, and that was it.)

However, I would fully support EA adding mask accessories to CAS. While I understand that many use their game as an escape from reality, there are others who use their game as a way to work through and process their feelings about real life. The ability to put your Sims in masks, and to tell the story of what life feels like right now, would probably be helpful to a lot of people. As long as they remain optional (i.e. not available for randomization) I can't see the harm of them being patched in.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Absolutely not! I too am in Florida where I do not have to wear the nasty things, so neither do my simmies!

I'm in Florida and judging all the people walking around NOT wearing them.

I'm in Florida and always wear a mask. My Mother and I are both high risk, so better safe than sorry.

But going back on topic, I really expected them to give them to us as a "surprise" download because I thought they had already been created for the Dr and Vet careers and would be an easy add on. I didn't know those careers didn't have masks as part of their work attire. But even if we got them, I'd want them to be blocked from autonomous wear (unless as a replacement for wearing a bag on your head, I guess). I really could see using them in Strangerville sometimes for a story, or in one of the really polluted neighborhoods (not that it matters to me right now because I haven't gotten EL yet, but I eventually will).
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I have to go there for my Mom's funeral - I will be wearing a mask in all public places.

As an immunosuppressed person (transplant patient) I just want to say thank you. Thank you so very kindly for your consideration.

Your welcome. I just came off almost a year on prednisone so I have to be uber careful that I don't get sick.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I prefer to escape from real life stressors when I play. I wouldn't mind masks being added as an option for those that want them though.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    no pandemic in my game. I don't find the reality of this pandemic to be entertaining in the very least.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Not really. I play the sims to escape the real world. So no masks.
    I play the sims 3 but shhhh
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I am playing Strangerville just now and in the later parts of the saga and trying to find away to make everyone to wear diving masks and to close down the bar and library
    Five Brindies
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    No masks of any kind. Also not going to add CC masks to my game, because then 85% of all generated townies will wear them. It'll be the new Eyeball ring.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    My Sims are usually Karens and think the virus is a hoax. :p
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I don't use much CC in my game, but I hope the developers add masks in the game via a patch.
  • earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited November 2020
    I play sims because I try to escape the real world.
    So, no masks in my game.
    Not really. I play the sims to escape the real world. So no masks.
    I play the sims 3 but shhhh
    ok, looks like we had the exact same thought, lol.
    NK4koaX.png
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Only sometimes, but only for aesthetic purposes.
    Now, if the masks served an actual purpose, like helping to stop the spread of germs when sick, I totally would!
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Back in March or April I found some covid masks for sims to wear, and was going to play a save where a sim was in quarantine as a lark. But this mess got old really quick, and I play things as an escape. The only mask I want to see in my games is when Arthur is misbehaving himself in St. Denis.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

I have a whole household of Karens. Their names are Caren Karen, Karen-Ann Karen, and Karenina Karen.
    That is hilarious.
    I bet they all want to speak to the manager, right now!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    No. I don’t make my sims wear masks. I play sims for fun and don’t want to worry about the virus while playing.
    :) Smile!

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    LOL that is one way to enjoy the game. Here I thought they were all Justine Keaton.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Just for roleplay, maybe I would.
    ihavemultiplegamertags