Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you now make your sims wear Masks?

Comments

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited November 2020
    Absolutely not! I too am in Florida where I do not have to wear the nasty things, so neither do my simmies!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Thanks for reminding me to hunt down some CC goth masks.

Like this
    552774078f94dea6b47f5d01581a993a.jpg

or this
    7f2a202afa805e71dce3f7a3bd7d76fb.jpg

Cos...
    covid19-at-cybergoth.jpg

Say no to mundane masks!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I play a mostly vanilla game now. No CC just mods. So I don't have masks to put on my sims and I see no reason to bring real world problem into my game.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Good comments. I haven't decided whether I will use masks or not. I think they would be nice for where the pollution is bad or where you make it bad lol.
    Sadly yes I could see the townies running around with them in places I don't want them.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    LOL.....no I don't, that would be silly. And here in Florida we're not on a mandatory mask mandate, nor lockdowns

I have to go there for my Mom's funeral - I will be wearing a mask in all public places.
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Absolutely not. I play to escape real life. I would never put a pandemic in my game. I wear a mask IRL and just want my Sims to live out their stories without that mess.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    No mask for me in real life or the game.

Stay away from me in real life.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Nooooooooo. And they go out to community lots all the time. Video games are my escape from reality and I do not want any reminders.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited November 2020
    Nope, there's no room for face masks, or Covid in my stories.

In reality, while it's required in all areas that I work in, I still refuse to accept Face masks as "the new normal" and it will never be accepted as "the new normal."

Unless they're Thief, Ninja, or an Assassin however. No my sims don't wear face masks.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Thanks for reminding me to hunt down some CC goth masks.

Like this
    552774078f94dea6b47f5d01581a993a.jpg

or this
    7f2a202afa805e71dce3f7a3bd7d76fb.jpg

Cos...
    covid19-at-cybergoth.jpg

Say no to mundane masks!

These masks! These masks would be cool in game. We need a goth SP with punk and lolita dashed in lol
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    Absolutely not. I don't understand why anyone would.
  • Options
    OceanbornAngel13OceanbornAngel13 Posts: 104 Member
    Oh for crying out loud....I miss that escapist "Don't care about the real world." aspect of the Sims. I hate wearing masks in general, think it's a waste of time and doesn't help you boost your body's natural defense of getting used to COVID-19 in your system by getting infected so why would I carry this over into my perfect world? People lived for decades with Tuberculosis without using masks until they got a cure in the 40's. *sigh* paranoid germaphobes....
    You know, I don't just play The Sims 4. ^_^
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I think it would be nice of EA actually to patch in a mask. Could promote good habits!! Not enough people I know wearing masks or socially distancing, thats why people keep getting sick...
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I cannot say I am against them being added in a free update, but no I do not play with them nor want to. I like realism, but I have no desire to play a story straight out of 2020, much less my own life.

Plus, I quite frankly do not like them. I find them uncomfortable and ugly. Obviously they have their purpose and I use them accordingly, but if we ever get to the point that they just become a fashion accessory I will mock them the same way I do "fashion glasses" and every other piece of distorted nonfunctional garb.
  • Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited February 2021
    REMOVED BECAUSE OF EA
    Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Goosey wrote: »
    I only had one of my sims in a mask so far. Kinda lazy and haven't edited any others for them yet but probably should to prevent the spread.
    3712608-ts4-coveeeed2020.jpg

Is this mobile?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Why would I when so many other tribulations of real life aren’t reflected in the game? TS4 is in no way attempting to simulate the real world, so to cherry pick and impose mask-wearing on my sims, of all things, seems nonsensical.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    A few of my sims wear masks, but mostly out of style than need :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2020
    I do wear some cool masks in Animal Crossing. I have yet to find a good CC of it for the Sims. For now, there are plenty of costumes for Sims to wear to be covid friendly I guess. XD The paper bag from Eco Lifestyle I'll probably use for now. The DJ helmet from Get Together might work well too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    LOL.....no I don't, that would be silly. And here in Florida we're not on a mandatory mask mandate, nor lockdowns

I have to go there for my Mom's funeral - I will be wearing a mask in all public places.
    I’m so sorry for your loss, and thank you for thinking of others. Stay safe
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I use masks in the polluted city that came with Eco Living.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Absolutely not! I too am in Florida where I do not have to wear the nasty things, so neither do my simmies!

I'm in Florida and judging all the people walking around NOT wearing them.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    I get that we have to wear masks right now, but I find masks triggering especially when people are wearing them in facebook photos. It would be just as triggers if I saw my townies walking around with masks on.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My newest Sim actually does wear a mask.

50623520271_946ee4fa15_b.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: