Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realistic Mosque - Masjid 'Akhdar

TyrAVBTyrAVB Posts: 53 Member
edited November 2022 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hi all!

This is something I've been working on last couple of weeks. When I was searching either here or on google for cc, builds or any content related to Islamic culture, I found relatively small number of things that represents this huge community that I am sure many players belong to. That's why I came up with the wish to create something for Islamic community that will help celebrate their culture. Not being Muslim myself, I had to do a lot of online research to make sure my build will match reality as much as possible and contain all the essential elements that real Mosque require, including what one would traditionally find there as well. As a former student of architecture I was always fascinated with beautiful Islamic architecture, so I focused on building itself rather than making it 100% playable, however most of it is with some exceptions. Although with specific players in my mind, I hope this build will bring joy to all players just the same. :)

This Mosque is called Masjid 'Akhdar (and if Google translate is correct it should mean Green Mosque). it's a modern medium size mosque that serves local community as a small cultural center as well.

01.png

The Mosque has 3 different entrances - Main entrance (for men), side entrance for Imam and separate entrance for women (showing later on).

02.jpg

This is the entrance area, with shoe racks and a small drinking fountain (and skylight).

03.jpg

It's connected to the left to ablution area and to the right to toilets (I tried my best to find squatting toilet cc but with no luck, so I made something that resembles those myself).

04.jpg

Main courtyard has a fountain, veranda on the right side, minaret on the left, a tree (important symbol in Islam) and of course main entrance to the prayer area.

05.jpg

Prayer area (for men) has gold mihrab and minbar next to it, wall decorations, bookshelves for Quran and some additional chairs for elderly. Green color dominates the interior design, hence the name of the mosque.

06.jpg

To the left of mihrab, there is a small door leading to the hallway that connects Imam's residence directly to the prayer area. On the 1st floor balcony there is a prayer area for women.

07.jpg

Entrance to the women area is on the right side of the mosque, leading to the 1st floor.

08.jpg

Women's area also has shoe racks, ablution area, toilets and entrance to the balcony.

09.jpg

On the other side of mosque, from the downstairs prayer area there is a stairwell leading to the 1st and 2nd floor. On a 1st floor there is a small Imam's private balcony overlooking courtyard and entrance to his residence.

10.jpg

First floor of his residence contains a kitchen and a living/reception room. Resident Imam is an older man, with a traditional mindset, what reflects in his taste of furniture and decor. Nowadays he leads peaceful solo life dedicated to studies and book, after being early widowed many years ago.

11.jpg

On the upper floor, there are his bedroom, bathroom (with a ablution section) and his study room, with his home mihrab.

12.jpg

Further up with stairwell, on the 2nd floor there is a long hallway with many bookshelves, serving as a small library for use within a mosque area. At the end of the hallway, there is a small conference room/classroom, with it's own small bathroom. Behind bathroom there is a storage area.

13.jpg

Back to the courtyard. From veranda to the right there is an entrance to a small waiting room for two offices. Bigger Imam's office and smaller administrative office.

14.jpg

Here are the floor plans...

15.jpg

...and some nighttime images of this Mosque.

16.png

17.png

Click this link for bigger pictures:
GALERY - https://ibb.co/album/r7Kbbg

I hope you like it. :)
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The Mosque is lovely! :) You would have put so much time and work into researching it, as the attention to detail that is shown in your build is very great! You have designed it so very well! Very great layout, and special furnishing of each area! It was great to read your description of each area. It will be a special build for the Islamic community as well as for other simmers.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020
    Wooooooow!!! So beautiful I'm going to download this for my muslim sims if you put it up for download!! The prayer room looks amazing🤭🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Wonderful job! I’m impressed by the research you obviously put into all the authentic details. Beautiful build!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • TyrAVBTyrAVB Posts: 53 Member
    Thank you for such a lovely response. :)

One detail that I am still missing and couldn't find is those loudspeakers that goes outside on buildings, like megaphones but bigger. If someone knows about cc like that, please let me know.
  • Adam9191Adam9191 Posts: 1 New Member
    Where can I download this gorgeous Masjid?
  • TyrAVBTyrAVB Posts: 53 Member
    I am not putting it in the galery, it has a significant amount of different cc and also it's built for the show so although it's mostly functional it's not completely functional, eg some bathrooms, so I am avoiding complications of putting it there. I have a ZIP file of it, so if you're interested you can contact me privately through a msg. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top