Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What exactly does the adventurous trait DO?

Can anyone give me an explanation as to what adventurous trait actually does?? I haven't noticed anything at all in game for my Sims with this trait. I really despise when they add useless traits. Maybe I am missing something???!

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Can anyone give me an explanation as to what adventurous trait actually does?? I haven't noticed anything at all in game for my Sims with this trait. I really despise when they add useless traits. Maybe I am missing something???!

This is the only known attribute:
    • Adventurous Sims do not panic when there is a fire, and will immediately try to put it out.

Aside from that, I dont notice anythign different not even a new moodlet, I played Kiyoshi Ito who has the trait.

It's kind of doesnt work. When my stove caught fire, Kiyoshi run outside and panic and instead other sims put oout the fire.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    izecson wrote: »

• Adventurous Sims do not panic when there is a fire, and will immediately try to put it out.

Aside from that, I dont notice anythign different not even a new moodlet, I played Kiyoshi Ito who has the trait.

It's kind of doesnt work. When my stove caught fire, Kiyoshi run outside and panic and instead other sims put oout the fire.

So frustrating. What is the point of adding useless traits? Thanks for the response.
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »

So frustrating. What is the point of adding useless traits? Thanks for the response.

Pack is still fresh, probably most people have yet noticed what this trait actually does.

I will usually check what traits do from sims wikia, and this one is here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Adventurous

Though they did good with Sims 3 Traits, I wonder why they didnt do it for Sims 4.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    It sounds like a version of TS3's Daredevil trait.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    My adventurous sim got a moodlet after skiing, saying something like "ooh an adventure!", I don't remember what it added though, I think inspired or energized(?).
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    It just gets moodlets, just like all the traits do - happy when on an adventure, bored if not.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    It sounds like a version of TS3's Daredevil trait.

Thats more accurate, I hope someday they will rework all TS4 traits, reading that Daredevil traits from Sims 3 provide a lot of unique attribute and interaction to sims with the trait.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    My adventurous sim did have a different interaction for playing chess. I don't remember what it was called but I figured it must be due to the trait.
    I'm also seeing energised moodlets from snowboarding, which is nice because energised means they won't get tired as fast.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I got an inspired buff for eating something adventurous, but was playing on another sim on the household so I didn't catch what was considered to be an adventurous meal though 😅
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    My adventurous Sim got bored from eating yogurt.
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    lol, I love that!
    yeah, the description also says that they will get bored by boring conversation topics and non-adventurous jobs...I wonder what the adventurous jobs are...I hope military is considered adventurous enough, cause I want my adventurous sim to join the military eventually, it just seems fitting.

• Options

LOL! That cracked me up because that is such a silly Sims thing to do. I must not be paying attention enough to my Sim with adventurous trait since I haven't noticed these. Then again I have a horrible habit of jumping around households far too often. I've had same save since September 2014 when the game came out so I have at least 20 households.
  • Options
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    lol, I love that!
    yeah, the description also says that they will get bored by boring conversation topics and non-adventurous jobs...I wonder what the adventurous jobs are...I hope military is considered adventurous enough, cause I want my adventurous sim to join the military eventually, it just seems fitting.

I feel that you are referring to "Adrenaline Seeker" lifestyle here and not the "Adventurous" trait. The adventurous trait literally only describes itself as "These Sims seek out new and unique experiences!" Nothing about conversations or jobs. :)
  • Options
    I feel that you are referring to "Adrenaline Seeker" lifestyle here and not the "Adventurous" trait. The adventurous trait literally only describes itself as "These Sims seek out new and unique experiences!" Nothing about conversations or jobs. :)

You're right, I totally confused the two, my bad.

• Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited January 2021

LRxBnEY.jpg
    I hope the picture can give you the full satisfaction of answer. Funny but TRUE!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Same as basically every other trait: nothing
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    lol, I love that!

I don't know about the adventurous trait but my sim in the military gets energized because of her active lifestyle.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I don't know if this is a fluke or not but I have two adventurous sims living in the mountain part of Mt. Komorebi and they (I think both of them) have run out of the house to do activities and one of them would rather pee himself, and continue to ski and snowboard, than come home.
    - Or that could possibly be due to poor routing and he needs help finding his way home, regardless.

That is one thing I noticed, but I don't know if other sims would do the same. They live with two other sims without the trait and they don't do it though, but again, that might be a fluke also.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Mostly it gives my Sims the Bored buff a lot, be it repeatedly doing any skill, or especially doing anything non-physical.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek