Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tea or No Tea.

2...Next

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    When they use the word stereotype in place of tradition, they are already setting themselves up for a fall. Bowing is a tradition/stereotype that's in the game along with temples and water lanterns. When something is labeled stereotype as opposed to a tradition, it's just an excuse not to use it.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    That along with more low/floor furniture. It should have been the core of this Japanese themed pack.
    That's what you get when trying to blend two major themes together that would have been better of as two separate packs, so they both get the attention they deserve.

This is what i've been saying since they first announced this pack! Why hide the Japanese theme under a snowy vacation theme? It makes no sense. They could've easily made a Japanese culture themed pack and added the rest to seasons. Or a vacation themed pack with different locations if they had to make skiing/snowboarding/etc. separate from seasons.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    That along with more low/floor furniture. It should have been the core of this Japanese themed pack.
    That's what you get when trying to blend two major themes together that would have been better of as two separate packs, so they both get the attention they deserve.

This is what i've been saying since they first announced this pack! Why hide the Japanese theme under a snowy vacation theme? It makes no sense. They could've easily made a Japanese culture themed pack and added the rest to seasons. Or a vacation themed pack with different locations if they had to make skiing/snowboarding/etc. separate from seasons.

The problem is that EA is skimping on content. An expansion pack has plenty of room for both a fully-realized Japanese world and snow sports.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I get more upset that my sims tea does not have milk in it. Coffee I can accept but tea nope, sorry unless it is fruit tea. Tea with no milk seems not right to me living in the uk. I know most other countries have it with no milk and with milk is a uk thing. Those of you taking about cold tea the thought of cold british tea is just awful you can’t drink it 🤢
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    I get more upset that my sims tea does not have milk in it. Coffee I can accept but tea nope, sorry unless it is fruit tea. Tea with no milk seems not right to me living in the uk. I know most other countries have it with no milk and with milk is a uk thing. Those of you taking about cold tea the thought of cold british tea is just awful you can’t drink it 🤢

They need to make tea culture pack and include all the ways people drink tea around the globe. :) Like maybe in TS5, instead of the gnomes or ottoman seats in every pack we get trays of tea. :smiley:
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »

They need to make tea culture pack and include all the ways people drink tea around the globe. :) Like maybe in TS5, instead of the gnomes or ottoman seats in every pack we get trays of tea. :smiley:

Now that would be a good pack. We do need a tea pot or a kettle. That tea maker thing is just plain odd I’ve never even heard of a tea maker before. Or again maybe it’s a British thing.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Even as a Yank, I'm waiting - dreaming, even - of the day when we get more options for tea brewing in the game. I think there are some CC options out there, but it would be nice to have more in-game. (And I use a kettle and loose leaves.)

Even being able to brew it in the microwave, though many consider that heresy, would be an improvement.

I'd be happy if they had a Keureg (spelled it wrong I'm sure) to get the hot water from - that's how I do tea
    And that tea cabinet could have been interactive. Your sim could pick a tea variety to brew and drink. Different teas give different buffs.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I believe what you all are asking for is DEPTH. They don't do depth anymore. Depth is a thing of the past. It went out via a slow, wheezing death six years ago.

Sims 4 didn't ever include DEPTH. Not from day 1.

I hoped it would, but pack after pack after pack after pack after pack after pack proved S4 has no depth.

What it has. (What it is)....is pretty sims and pretty worlds. It's surface. And even the surface ain't all that good because it's too boring to actually play live mode.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I believe what you all are asking for is DEPTH. They don't do depth anymore. Depth is a thing of the past. It went out via a slow, wheezing death six years ago.

I hoped it would, but pack after pack after pack after pack after pack after pack proved S4 has no depth.

What it has. (What it is)....is pretty sims and pretty worlds. It's surface. And even the surface ain't all that good because it's too boring to actually play live mode.

Agreed. (sadly) :(
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Agreed. (sadly) :(

I am sad about it too. Believe me!
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Don’t worry. I’m sure tea will come in a separate dlc
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Yes there’s tea cans. Hot and cold I think.

So far I’ve seen a “Zen tea” and during a festival there was a “Mount Komorebi matcha”.

I was sad we didn’t get at least a functional teapot.
    Do we at least get bottled cold green tea from the new vending machines? That stuff is ubiquitous in Japan.

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Speaking of tea ... I got blooming tea set for my birthday. It's both amazing tasting and pretty to watch it bloom in a clear tea pot. It would have been very cool for the game.

If you don't know what blooming tea is you should google it.
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    Blooming tea is cool, but it's Chinese. Mixing different Asian cultures together might make the game creators look like they think all Asians are the same. It could still be added as an expansion to the base game. ;)

I'd rather see some sort of martial arts skill added to the game though. I'm surprised the Japan pack didn't have any. They could have added karate, judo, or aikido. Martial arts instructor could be a career. Kung fu would be cool in a Chinese expansion. (Then I could make a kung fu movie star. ;) )
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    FWIW, I think most people in Japan brew tea in pots, but most people don't go as fancy as tea ceremony. Tea ceremony is cool, but too formal and elaborate for everyday use. They just add tea leaves to a pot and pour boiling water over it. It would be nice if Sims could do that too.

It would also be cool if they could drink tea to energize. I had the tea brewer thing in some of my homes, and it seems that Sims green tea has no caffeine in it. I know decaffeinated tea is common in the US, but most people in Japan have never heard of it. Does the green tea in the vending machines have caffeine in it?

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Why can't we have traditional Aussie tea?
    It's boiled in a billy-can with the addition of gum or lemon-myrtle leaves.
    And it's served in an enameled mug, with damper (in place of scones).
    Both the damper and the tea are made using a campfire.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    well they also did not add low dining table minus the kotatsu function option which is ridiculous to me cause id obviously want my sims to have low table all year around but it hardly makes sense to sweat in kotatsu during summer

You can upgrade it to be suitable for warmer weather - I forget if it just switches the warming off or actively cools. Either way, it's there.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    **Puts cup of tea down**

I would be interested in a tea-oriented stuff pack. Maybe a tea party theme? That could be for adults and kids.

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    **Puts cup of tea down**

I would be interested in a tea-oriented stuff pack. Maybe a tea party theme? That could be for adults and kids.
    A tea party stuff pack is needed!

With some proper tea party food
    aftea.jpg?resize=618%2C413
    032817_MichelleTeaParty_Thumb1

And some proper grown up tea sets
    apiu0fjso__13999.1598015188.jpg?c=1
    3001015.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited December 2020
    CelSims wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    well they also did not add low dining table minus the kotatsu function option which is ridiculous to me cause id obviously want my sims to have low table all year around but it hardly makes sense to sweat in kotatsu during summer

You can upgrade it to be suitable for warmer weather - I forget if it just switches the warming off or actively cools. Either way, it's there.

i figure yes but the blanket stays there right?

It's just visually annoying to me like as builder i want to imagine i have perfect summer terrace with some low tables and air can freely pass through and its all refreshing and nice

but then there is the blanket and my brain goes no this does not spark joy noooo a very wrong vibe :confounded:

like idk id just like them to also offer a basic looking option without the winter fancies

i also feel it would make more sense in restaurants etc
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free