Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you now make your sims wear Masks?

Do you play to escape the pandemic or do you want to simulate life as it is going on around you. I never before made or found masks for my sims to wear, but I have seen on Tumbler some simmers having masks on their sims even before the pandemic. I figured it was because masks are common in Asian countries.

Has anyone seen some cool mask on CC sites?
Post photos of your masked Sims
EA ID burnished_dragon

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    No masks in my game. 😷
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    The thought never appeared to me. Probably partly because I don't use CC.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    No masks, and there is no requirement or recommendation to wear them in real world, where I live, for various reasons. I would not like it if EA introduced them to the game.

I don’t use CC, at least until the game is out of development. I have also only ever seen just one CC item remotely tempting.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I don't understand why people are against them being in the game? Just like everything else it's optional. I would like them but I use cc masks so it doesn't matter. I got them all from thesimsresource and I had them before the pandemic. Common in Asia because of the pollution. You can find really cool ones just looking it up on google. All patterns colors and designs. Even the kawaii cute face ones. Oh and it took me forever to find but someone on patreon made free masks for kids and toddlers too. It was weird that their parents had one and they didn't.

I use them more often since ecoliving. I play in a lot of dirty polluted dystopian worlds and it adds to it.. I just wish the masks could actually protect sims from coughing when the district is industrial.

I never equate a video game to real life. I don't care about the pandemic and seeing a mask doesn't remind me of anything. I've always had a thing for zombies and apocalyptic storylines.

I would post pics but I haven't been able to post pics since problems with imgur. Maybe I'll give it a try later on.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    I never really thought about adding mask to my game. But I honestly wouldn’t. We aren’t allowed to go anywhere indoors without one on where I live. Although I’ve gotten used to wearing them, I’m still tired of having to put one on every day. I wouldn’t want to see it in my game personally.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    The thought 'curious they haven't they added masks to the game yet?' crossed my mind earlier today. But I am not really asking for them.

I use sims to escape and do those things I can't do in real life. This used to be things like performing magic, travelling to another planet, ... But right now there is a lockdown here. The list of things I can only do through sims nowadays also includes going to a restaurant, going to my workplace (not work from home) or inviting more than one guest at the time in my house,... I am happy that at least my sims don't face the pandemic.

So no masks in my game
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I wouldn’t care if they were added and optional for those that want them. Where I live they have to be worn everywhere public, (both indoors and outdoors) so I don’t think I’d use them, I’m tired of it all.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I play to escape RL, not to live it. Which is why I love to torture townies - Muahaha!!!!!
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I have some CC ones in my game, probably, but from before the pandemic (because I live in Asia and it's normal to wear them when you have a cold or don't have on makeup :# or whatever). But I don't play the pandemic in my game.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    A few months ago I did download some CC masks, but not for gameplay. I was going to make a video about the pandemic using the Sims game, but, like most of my creative Sims ideas, I didn't get the time to do it.

I don't play realistically anyway so I wouldn't have my Sims in a Covid pandemic. However, I have thought about reveling a little in the Rabid Rodent Fever that comes with My First Pet Stuff and watching the chaos from a dark humor perspective. That's kind of how I get through life. Laughing at dark truths. 🙃
    #Team Occult
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I doubt I'd bring current events to my game lol. Especially transitory ones that I really, really hope are over with soon! But they wouldn't get in my way either, just like they don't in real life (well before the pandemic, I would wear them in public transport if felt like I might be coming down with something so as to not super expose everyone).
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm not against people who want them in their game. Anything that will help with remembering to wear one in real life. If EA added them in as an option in the December patch, I'd be okay with it. There are many places that wore masks as a health precaution before Covid hit, so it's not even necessarily connected to the Pandemic.

That said, I play the Sims to escape said real life, and therefore won't be incorporating them into my game.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I've been kinda expecting masks to be added for a while now in one of the monthly patches. I would not use them my game*, but I had figured some of the people who play the game strictly as a life simulator would want them in order to reflect our current existence. And yes, I wear a mask irl all the time, too.

*unless I had a sudden story idea that required masks;)
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I thought about downloading some CC masks for my apocalypse save but I wouldn't want npcs turning up in them in other saves. I know I can make sure they're flagged not for npcs but then that would mean none in the save I want them to wear them. So I didn't bother.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    not really i don't connect real life events with sims and we don't really even have masks in game minus cc but i was mid strangerville story when pandemic started so i did have my sim in hazmat suit and it was kinda funny
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    No, I don't or wouldn't even if they were put in the game. I play the sims to get lost in the game and forget about RL drama or situations for a little bit. Besides that, most of my sims are all homebodies and almost never leave their lot because I hate the loading screens.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I wear my 🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃mask whenever I am out and about. But there are NO masks in my game. I fully understand the need for the masks. I fully support the mandate in my state but I will admit I hate wearing them every second I have to have one on, and my game is a place to set the real world aside and live in the world I want.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited November 2020
    No, that would be too much reality. I play The Sims 4 for entertainment and for a Better Than Life experience: younger, fitter, cuter, more talented, wealthier, supernatural elements and the birthday cake cure for toddler tantrums... :D
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Never really thought about it too much and I really wouldnt care if it was thrown into the game. Maybe I'll look around for some decent mask cc.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I saw somebody on tumblr made some realistic ones the other day but I forgot who
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Give us the option, sure, but maybe not integrate gameplay into it.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    No masks for my sims. though I may consider it in an apocalypse-style game play some day.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Nah. Sims is escapism for me. I don't need to be reminded of an awful real-world situation when I'm trying to relax lol. I guess I wouldn't be against it if they added some masks into the game as an accessory, but they would have to be disabled for random townies.