Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Snowy Escape: Nov. 2020

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Mendota wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone has noticed or mentioned it yet, but "Control any Sim" has been updated, we begged shamelessly in the thread.
    https://modthesims.info/d/634595/control-any-sim-v1-2-1.html

Best news of today!
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    MarissaBee wrote: »
    Hello all, I'm trying to find some information on midnitetechs careers. They have a patreon post on there compatibility, but its only viewable to people who pay..... Are there any patreons here? or anyone who knows if their mods need to be updated? This patch doesn't seem to have broken careers TOO much, but just want to be safe :)

I use her careers, they are working fine with all options. She has been ill, so will only update as needed.

• MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Lorea wrote: »
    @Shaman Where did you see new plzsaysike updates?

Here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/broken-mods-from-43761254

Also chingyu 100 traits bundle is broken too: https://www.patreon.com/posts/patch-november-43786111

Are Kuttoe's Emotional and Spa Traits okay? Because he only updated Hobby Traits and the other two says "Working for The Sims 4 v1.67 / Hispanic Heritage Patch".

Chingyu's mod that lets you add more traits is working, it's posted on their Patreon. I believe there is also a note that says the 100 traits bundle is being worked on but I could be wrong because I have read a lot of notes about mods today! I know that Kuttoe's hobby traits are working, I have them in game. No word on the others that I could find though.

ETA: I noticed upthread that some people were having problems with Grannie's cookbook. According to a post on LBB's Patreon, they are in the process of revising the cookbook so there should be a new version soon. I haven't tried the current version in my game yet, I'm adding things back slowly, so I don't know if the present version works or not but according to LBB, it should be fine.

Works fine in my game.
  • ayzlarry123ayzlarry123 Posts: 7 New Member
    guys i just updated for the newest version, i made sure my mod folder was out beforehand, loaded the game again once all set and now alllll of my mods are missing
  • aliz2900aliz2900 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've just updated and I have a problem with RoyaltyMod from llazyneiph. My game is still charging (Blue screen with prism) when I want to play with a royal family. No problem with a normal family
    > @WildIrishBanshee said:
    > You have to turn them on again.

they are on, the folder itself is literally empty for some reason and won't let me restore to previous versions even though ik it's the original version because the date is from august. im so stressed
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    > You have to turn them on again.

they are on, the folder itself is literally empty for some reason and won't let me restore to previous versions even though ik it's the original version because the date is from august. im so stressed

Did you make sure you put the mods back in? Have totally removed my mods and thought I did, but I hadn't yet.

> (Quote)
    >
    > Did you make sure you put the mods back in? Have totally removed my mods and thought I did, but I hadn't yet.

i did, i even searched for file names specifically throughout my entire pc itself and they're completely gone! it couldn't have been in my recycling either cause that would have taken a verry long time to delete considering how many files there were. it's so weird!
  • noneofya22noneofya22 Posts: 1 New Member
    does this new update require any updates to mods
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    There were no changes in the tuning of this hotfix patch so mods should be compatible/working still.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited November 2020
    Patch Info
    Many people are having game loading problems after this update. If you do, please *repair your game in Origin* after updating, and you may also want to delete the localthumbcache file. As @MizoreYukii says, there should be no effect on mods or CC with this patch.

Mod Updates
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Mod Updates
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited November 2020
    NOTE: A new site is hosting mods without the creators' permission, including early-access mods (early access is permitted by Maxis). You cannot be certain that the version of a mod on this site will be the current working version. At least one modder has announced that they will not support their mod if it's downloaded from there. Please don't give them your business or whatever ad revenue their getting from it. Get your mods directly from modders' own pages or from trusted sites like Mod the Sims.

Updated Tools
    Updated Mods
    Confirmed Fine by Creator
    • by the Scumbumbo team: Skip Toddler Lifestage, Keep Instruments in Inventory, No More Creepy Playdate Calls, No Leftover Parts Mod
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited November 2020
    Updated:

Mt. Komorebi Power Fix - Fixed catalog display for some players not showing up.

Also, FYI... With the current patch (1.68.156), none of my mods need updating.
  • beeke404beeke404 Posts: 24 Member
    I'm very sad to say that the Witches and Warlocks mod from NeilSimming is very glitchy after the newest updates so it looks like it might be broken. The reason I'm sad is because I don't think he plans to update it since it hasn't been updated since last year. It's been usable for a while but ever since the newest update, whenever I try to cast a spell, the sim glitches and cancels the spell.
    Thanks @gettps !
    @beeke404 Have you tested it with no other mods or CC installed? Just want to double check that it isn't a new mod conflict.

Updated Mods
  • Pallies656602Pallies656602 Posts: 24 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > NOTE: A new site is hosting mods without the creators' permission, including early-access mods (early access is permitted by Maxis).

Yes, but I see a lot of creators switching to Patreon and do not release cc/mods to the public at all. And some so called early access stuff has still not been released after 4 months. What goes agains EA policy. I get you want to earn money from your hard work. You have every right to do so. I don't mind waiting. But to exclude a lot of simmers and go against EA EULA? If i could i would pay every creator out there. But a lot of Simmers simply don't have all that cash to spend to support every creator.
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > NOTE: A new site is hosting mods without the creators' permission, including early-access mods (early access is permitted by Maxis).

Yes, but I see a lot of creators switching to Patreon and do not release cc/mods to the public at all. And some so called early access stuff has still not been released after 4 months. What goes agains EA policy. I get you want to earn money from your hard work. You have every right to do so. I don't mind waiting. But to exclude a lot of simmers and go against EA EULA? If i could i would pay every creator out there. But a lot of Simmers simply don't have all that cash to spend to support every creator.

Except the early access mods that they did post actually DO follow EA's policy.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Pallies656602Pallies656602 Posts: 24 Member
    edited November 2020
    Except the early access mods that they did post actually DO follow EA's policy. [/quote]

That might be true. I don't know this site. I only download on the original creators site or on TSR and Mod the Sims. But lately i see more and more creators switching to Patreon and they don't release their content with the public anymore, only to paying patrons. Some ask even 10-20 dollars per month.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Other than early access, all mods on Patreon are free to the public.
    @Pallies656602 Most Patreon-using modders do release their content to the public. Many don't do early access at all; those who do release their content free (including on Patreon) within two to three weeks. That is definitely true of all the major modders, and anything I provide updates on. If you see anything posted here that is not released free after early access is over, please let me know and I'll stop posting it. For CC, the S4MM server on Discord and maxismatchCCworld on Tumblr also won't post anything this isn't already free or soon to be free.
  • beeke404beeke404 Posts: 24 Member
    Thanks @gettps !
    @beeke404 Have you tested it with no other mods or CC installed? Just want to double check that it isn't a new mod conflict.

Updated Mods

Ok yeah I just tested it and it looks like it most likely is a mod conflict. Wish I knew which one though.
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    edited November 2020
    I actually found I love patreon. :)

I used to only get my mods from mts and the creator's sites, but I saw so many going to patreon, like you, so I decided to sign up. I found out that just following them on patreon (which is free), that you get email notifs each time they update or post something new. I find that sooo helpful. Especially the update ones, because sometimes I'd miss it otherwise.

The supporting part (money) .... modders and cc creators actually spend a lot of time doing this. Most ask $1-$3 for early access (almost all the people I download from ask just $1), and if it's something I'm antsy to get my hands on, I can do that for a few. Asking any more than that, and I will wait for the posts to become free. lol. Actually, I can only think of one modder I follow that asks for more. And early access is only like 3-5 days for them, so it's not even that long to wait. I do find that cc creators sometimes ask for more. (Is it more work to make cc? I've no idea...) I've run across the $10-20 ones and that's way to much for me. :# But there is tons of cc already free, so I don't actually need it from the people who won't release for free. I get the cc I use from TSR or creator sites (that sometimes link to free posts on patreon).

Many of my favorite modders don't even ask for money at all! The option to donate is there (because it's patreon), but they never lock any posts. No early access! I love them for that lol. And I'd support them all if I could! They make this game actually playable for me. <3

So, for TL;DR, lol....
    I just want to say I think that patreon is a good system to use for this. Most is free, or $1 for early access, plus the notifs are extremely helpful! People who ask for too much (or won't unlock at all) aren't worth it. :p
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Wyrren wrote: »
    I actually found I love patreon. :)

I used to only get my mods from mts and the creator's sites, but I saw so many going to patreon, like you, so I decided to sign up. I found out that just following them on patreon (which is free), that you get email notifs each time they update or post something new. I find that sooo helpful. Especially the update ones, because sometimes I'd miss it otherwise.

The supporting part (money) .... modders and cc creators actually spend a lot of time doing this. Most ask $1-$3 for early access (almost all the people I download from ask just $1), and if it's something I'm antsy to get my hands on, I can do that for a few. Asking any more than that, and I will wait for the posts to become free. lol. Actually, I can only think of one modder I follow that asks for more. And early access is only like 3-5 days for them, so it's not even that long to wait. I do find that cc creators sometimes ask for more. (Is it more work to make cc? I've no idea...) I've run across the $10-20 ones and that's way to much for me. :# But there is tons of cc already free, so I don't actually need it from the people who won't release for free. I get the cc I use from TSR or creator sites (that sometimes link to free posts on patreon).

Many of my favorite modders don't even ask for money at all! The option to donate is there (because it's patreon), but they never lock any posts. No early access! I love them for that lol. And I'd support them all if I could! They make this game actually playable for me. <3

So, for TL;DR, lol....
    I just want to say I think that patreon is a good system to use for this. Most is free, or $1 for early access, plus the notifs are extremely helpful! People who ask for too much (or won't unlock at all) aren't worth it. :p

i only wait cause i have a mom who even though i'm on my own and my bills get paid including rent watches my bank account like a hawk. i haven't worked since march cause of the virus but the state keeps going back on the stay at home orders so its out of my control. its also a indoor restraunt which means i am safer at home.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top