Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ultimate Collection on Windows 10

NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 2
I need help playing the free Origin installed version of the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on my Windows 10 Asus laptop that has a Nvidia graphics card.

I made sure the game runs using Nvidia rather than Intel.

I was able to fix the black box issue by changing the shadows setting to medium.

There are some reports of players only having one resolution option (800x600). My game offers me various resolution options, however there is no 1920x1080....

The smooth edges option is greyed out as well.

Research tells me to go to:
The Sims 2 > TSData > Res > Config (for Ultimate Collection it’s The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection > Fun With Pets > SP9 > TSData > Res > Config).

I don't have this at all!

All I can do is:
EA Games > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection > Logs > Graphics Logs (which is empty)
....or....
EA Games > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection > Logs > config-log (which doesn't give me the same options as what research instructs me to do)

config-log === Graphics device info ===
Name (driver): Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
&
Name (database) Intel(R) HD Graphics Family <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>

Why doesn't it show Nvidia? What does this all mean?

Does anyone have a fix? I just want the smooth edges option so the water is clear. I currently have a choppy coastline with light blue saturated water. Moreover, I want to play with 1920x1080. To add, my game is is choppy in the sense it keeps flickering. How can this be fixed?

Someone please tell me. I'll be bumping this every single day until I get the help I need. Google is no help. At this point I'll play with Mods if that will fix the issue.

Comments