Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Complaining Thread

Comments

• Options
    chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
    You know this pack is lacking in gameplay when one of the four main features is... building a Japanese house. :|

iOkMDkz.png
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    Also I saw Lilsimsies stream on the pack yesterday and it sort of confirmed my thoughts on the winter sports, she seemed to get bored of them and move on after using them about twice. Not sure why they'd make such a big thing out of these activities since lets be honest they aren't very interesting. You just see an animation of your sim going down a slope and that's it

I mean it’s what you make it tho. If you’re a good storyteller then the pack will last longer because you aren’t skiing all the time or snowboarding and such. lilsimsie isn’t much of a storyteller so she just plays to play so of
    Course she’s gonna seem bored.

For $40 no one should have to use their imagination to make a headline feature have replay value.

Do why even play the sims if you don’t have an imagination...

Why pay $40 to use your imagination when you can do it for free?

I mean but it’s not free, all the packs cost money, so I’m not sure what the argument here is...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Also I saw Lilsimsies stream on the pack yesterday and it sort of confirmed my thoughts on the winter sports, she seemed to get bored of them and move on after using them about twice. Not sure why they'd make such a big thing out of these activities since lets be honest they aren't very interesting. You just see an animation of your sim going down a slope and that's it

I mean it’s what you make it tho. If you’re a good storyteller then the pack will last longer because you aren’t skiing all the time or snowboarding and such. lilsimsie isn’t much of a storyteller so she just plays to play so of

For $40 no one should have to use their imagination to make a headline feature have replay value.

I mean but it’s not free, all the packs cost money, so I’m not sure what the argument here is...

you missed the point
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Also not a big complaint as such but I'm a bit disappointed with the doors, there's only one single tile door in the pack and it has a window in it :s I was hoping to have new Japanese style doors for bathrooms and bedrooms but I don't want ones with windows in
  • Options
    bella_goth wrote: »

you missed the point

And y’all clearly missed mine so 🤷‍♀️

• Options
    Also not a big complaint as such but I'm a bit disappointed with the doors, there's only one single tile door in the pack and it has a window in it :s I was hoping to have new Japanese style doors for bathrooms and bedrooms but I don't want ones with windows in

This we need new solid single doors :/ it’s boring using the same ones over and over.

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited November 2020
    Platforms need a bit of researching as I kept losing the walls but @KateEmerald has useful hints on Youtube plus pointing out some problems with it.
    I started off with the winter season and am currently looking for the skating rink. Anyone know where it is on Komorebi?

No worries. I've found the rink! :)
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Carl uploaded his review and it paints a bleak picture of the pack. On its own, SE has some great stuff. But so much content is recycled from other packs, with some beimg done slightly better. I still think it looks like a fun pack, but iI think I'll be waiting for a sale.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »

you missed the point

And y’all clearly missed mine so 🤷‍♀️

300px-Understandable%2C_Have_a_Great_Day.jpg
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited November 2020
    Just finished watching a let's play. The caves are a rabbit hole, so exploring is just a dialog box that tells you what they did or saw. I mentioned this in the other thread, but I don't like that it's setup this way. It should take me to a location like the forgotten grotto or be more like exploring the tombs in Sims 3 World Adventure. I'm still excited about this pack, but I am still annoyed about the missed opportunities.

omg I don't understand why they don't do this. It would have been so cool to load to a ice cave that you could explore for some special items, maybe ice fish and even build a tent and stay the night there. I mean it doesn't have to be this major thing but it would have been nice to do something simple like the forgotten grotto.

I was just thinking about this very thing when I was responding to and Island Living discussion. I felt like it was a missed opportunity there too.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited November 2020
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Just finished watching a let's play. The caves are a rabbit hole, so exploring is just a dialog box that tells you what they did or saw. I mentioned this in the other thread, but I don't like that it's setup this way. It should take me to a location like the forgotten grotto or be more like exploring the tombs in Sims 3 World Adventure. I'm still excited about this pack, but I am still annoyed about the missed opportunities.

omg I don't understand why they don't do this. It would have been so cool to load to a ice cave that you could explore for some special items, maybe ice fish and even build a tent and stay the night there. I mean it doesn't have to be this major thing but it would have been nice to do something simple like the forgotten grotto.

I was just thinking about this very thing when I was responding to and Island Living discussion. I felt like it was a missed opportunity there too.

Some will come out and say "Oh they wanted to try something different" and this makes me laugh as going into an rabbit hole that you have no visuals and just text is really different :/ But hey Sims 4 never had an traditional evolution any way so this fits in some players way of thinking. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

I expect they don't do it now because some silly Simmers complained about WA so much that they have avoided doing anything like it since.

That's the trouble with not fighting back if you like something others don't. World Adventures was my favourite pack in Sims 3. I just wish now that I hadn't bought the lot but just concentrated on buying the building and buy objects after.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

People complained about the hidden lots in OS and WC. They didn't want to have to have L10 fishing to get in to the grotto in OS. And then came Sixam and the police HQ/ Hospital in GTW. More backlash over those.

So Windenburg came with restricted lots located on the map like the Ruins, and the ghost manor. And that's what we get since. Restrictions.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    fullspiral wrote: »

People complained about the hidden lots in OS and WC. They didn't want to have to have L10 handiness to get in to the grotto in OS. And then came Sixam and the police HQ/ Hospital in GTW. More backlash over those.

I like how you have to work to unlock those. My sim is currently a scientist and I like how you gradually work up to getting to the alien planet. It makes it a goal to work to. People always complain that the sims 4 is too easy and has no challenge so then complaining about that just makes no sense
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    I'm just going to complain about how empty and unfinished the world looks with all the false houses around and not a single thing to do as usual.
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    So apparently there are two complaining threads, so i'll post this in both :)

Not strictly part of SE but part of the patch

The fact that platforms cannot be used to create floors between floors. I wanted to build a house with a tower but wanted to use a platform to raise the tower to offset it from the rest of the floor, as seen in the picture

474acbd1623f8ae990b69a8e98a8e5e4.png

.... but you can't build rooms on top of platforms. So there goes my big idea
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    So apparently there are two complaining threads, so i'll post this in both :)

Not strictly part of SE but part of the patch

The fact that platforms cannot be used to create floors between floors. I wanted to build a house with a tower but wanted to use a platform to raise the tower to offset it from the rest of the floor, as seen in the picture

474acbd1623f8ae990b69a8e98a8e5e4.png

.... but you can't build rooms on top of platforms. So there goes my big idea

Why don’t you just make the tower a taller wall height than the other floors so you at least get the illusion that the tower is higher?

• Options
    GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    edited November 2020
    @EA_Leeloo I don't know who is in charge of merging threads together, but could this thread be merged together with this official one, so that we don't have two of the same threads running.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Elisdream wrote: »
    I'm just going to complain about how empty and unfinished the world looks with all the false houses around and not a single thing to do as usual.

It is not going to end with this pack sadly as some players like the artwork more than the gameplay.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    @EA_Leeloo I don't know who is in charge of merging threads together, but could this thread be merged together with this official one, so that we don't have two of the same threads running.
    Thanks.

Not to be rude but why are you coming onto this thread and giving your orders? You were the one that created the unnecessary second thread on the topic when there was already one here. I made this thread as a replacement for the original after it was closed, and it still is. I don't get why you'd make a second replacement thread when there's already one here and then come on this thread to complain that there's two when you made the second one
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Another pack basically restricting most of the stuff to one world. Another pack I'm not going to buy...
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Elisdream wrote: »

It is not going to end with this pack sadly as some players like the artwork more than the gameplay.

Yeah, I thought the fake house(that was first introduced in get famous) will be eliminated when they decided to stop supporting 32 bit, but instead it's much more prevalent now.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I was hoping for more traditional Japanese decore items, so I could make an old shrine home. Honestly in general, I feel like there's a notable lack of traditional Japanese stuff in the BB/CAS.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I was hoping for more traditional Japanese decore items, so I could make an old shrine home. Honestly in general, I feel like there's a notable lack of traditional Japanese stuff in the BB/CAS.

Not surprising, given that they didn't seem to have anyone from Japan on the pack's team as consultant.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Gordy wrote: »

Not surprising, given that they didn't seem to have anyone from Japan on the pack's team as consultant.

Yeah, I don't want this to turn political but it's questionable how they chose American/Australian simmers who have probably never been to Japan to make Japanese houses rather than contacting actual Japanese simmers who literally live there.

It just feels like they searched "Japan" on google images and just made what they saw, these are basically the top images when you search for it and that's pretty much exactly what they put in the game
    e32b9813aeb2ba4ff03c2080bf3080f1.jpg
    japan.jpg
    original_Hokkaido-Sapporo.jpg
    8579710694_697c4d61a8_o-848x496.jpg
    ALMY_ACEP5C_OnsenBathhouse.jpg

It works I guess but I feel like it makes it a bit surface level and very touristy, whereas if they had more Japanese input it could've been more 3 dimensional