Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tea or No Tea.

Either I missed the info or we are stuck with the Walmart Tea maker. I thought the Japanese had this ritual thing for Tea unlike most of us Americans that think is Tea is hot water strained through a bag of some sort. Even the British know a thing or two about Tea. Just wondering. Thanks.

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    No new tea set unfortunately.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I think most people in Japan who drink tea, drink it how you'd think: hot water over a tea bag.
    They do have cultural activities called 茶道 (sado/chado) or 茶の湯 (chanoyu) - but they usually have go to a special place for it.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Ah, darn. I miss the Tea Ceremony. We either had it in Sims 2, or 3 can't quite recall now. But it was special.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited November 2020
    Even as a Yank, I'm waiting - dreaming, even - of the day when we get more options for tea brewing in the game. I think there are some CC options out there, but it would be nice to have more in-game. (And I use a kettle and loose leaves.)

Even being able to brew it in the microwave, though many consider that heresy, would be an improvement.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Do we at least get bottled cold green tea from the new vending machines? That stuff is ubiquitous in Japan.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I believe what you all are asking for is DEPTH. They don't do depth anymore. Depth is a thing of the past. It went out via a slow, wheezing death six years ago.
  • foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    edited November 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Even as a Yank, I'm waiting - dreaming, even - of the day when we get more options for tea brewing in the game. I think there are some CC options out there, but it would be nice to have more in-game. (And I use a kettle and loose leaves.)

Even being able to brew it in the microwave, though many consider that heresy, would be an improvement.

As a brit I will pretend I didn't hear the last line of that :) !! definite heresy!!

I would love more detail about tea - here in GB we drink gallons of the stuff all day every day so it would be good to have more detail on that

a kettle would be great
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I was really expecting a tea ceremony and more tea pots. I am very disappointed. I wanted to build my very own Teahouse of the August Moon (this is a book and movie reference, to those who don't recognize it). I still will build it eventually, but I was really hoping for something a bit more special.
    How thick and lazy do you have to be to not include a traditional tea ceremony in a pack based on Japan? You included bowing at a shrine (even if you did crack and take it out and, by the way, have we heard BOO from any of those complainers?).
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    How thick and lazy do you have to be to not include a traditional tea ceremony in a pack based on Japan? You included bowing at a shrine (even if you did crack and take it out and, by the way, have we heard BOO from any of those complainers?).

About as thick as you need to be to forget futon.
  • K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    foxybilly wrote: »
    would love more detail about tea - here in GB we drink gallons of the stuff all day every day so it would be good to have more detail on that

a kettle would be great

As an American who has lived in England for the past six years, I think there should be an option to replace getting random glasses of water to leave around the house with making random cups of tea to leave around the house. There could also be a moodlet for when you make tea, forget about it, and then remember but it's cold.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    To tea...or not to Tea....
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I would have loved a tea set.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    I would have loved a tea set.

Me too. And rakeable sand.
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 301 Member
    would love more detail about tea - here in GB we drink gallons of the stuff all day every day so it would be good to have more detail on that

a kettle would be great

As an American who has lived in England for the past six years, I think there should be an option to replace getting random glasses of water to leave around the house with making random cups of tea to leave around the house. There could also be a moodlet for when you make tea, forget about it, and then remember but it's cold.

A cold tea moodlet would be awesome!
  • nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    Tea sis
    They gave us a lot of stuff to do in this pack with skiing, sledding, snowboarding, hikes, festivals and mountain climbing which is all great and good but none of it ultimately means anything. Sure, you get moodlets and sensations but it's all just fun. The one thing that could have meant something was yanked out so, now there's no "heart" to the pack.

If they had added a tea ceremony via a tea set with animations, then our sims could have a spiritual experience to go along with all the fun. I could see my sim waking up, doing a bit of yoga to wake up and center his body then, heading outside to a small hut with a tea set on a low table, kneeling down and having a tea ceremony to center his spirit before heading to the mountains to shred for the day.

If I were one of those Game Changer advisors, I would have pushed for more spiritual interactions in a game that is based on a very spiritual people.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I will happily take the skiing, snowboarding, hiking, and general adventuring. The more I play this pack the more I love it. I agree a tea set would have been nice though. I would love a kids version too for playing tea party. Maybe one day in a future pack 🤷‍♀️
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    well they also did not add low dining table minus the kotatsu function option which is ridiculous to me cause id obviously want my sims to have low table all year around but it hardly makes sense to sweat in kotatsu during summer
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • JENI2810JENI2810 Posts: 29 Member

a kettle would be great

They eat cold leftovers, of what was hot food, straight out the fridge, so I can't see them being bothered or even noticing cold tea or coffee! though cold coffee is OK, cold tea...Urgh!

JENI2810 wrote: »

a kettle would be great

They eat cold leftovers, of what was hot food, straight out the fridge, so I can't see them being bothered or even noticing cold tea or coffee! though cold coffee is OK, cold tea...Urgh!

Ice tea is very good and refreshing! :lol: Sims get hot coffee cans from the new vending machines, but I doubt they stay hot for too long if stored in the sims inventory.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 637 Member
    There's no new tea set or anything like that. I'm fine with the fact that they have tried to do hot/cold vending machines which is along the line of Japanese culture. But they did drop the ball on a few more cultural things. I would have loved it more than the ice cream machine (From a previous gamepack) that I never use.
  • K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    JENI2810 wrote: »

I eat cold leftovers too, but cold tea that was meant to be hot is always a disappointment to me. Oddly, I like iced tea.
  • GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    That along with more low/floor furniture. It should have been the core of this Japanese themed pack.
    That's what you get when trying to blend two major themes together that would have been better of as two separate packs, so they both get the attention they deserve.
    Maybe they didn't include tea on purpose because they said they tried to stay away from stereotypes. I'm annoyed because apart from the kotatsu table and the wishing tree/temple board there isn't much "culture" specific to Japan left in the game. We also need some origami paper crafts and go boards.