Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things that should've been in Snowy Escape

2...Next

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I like Snowy Escape as a pack, it's been a concept I've been wanting for a very long time but I just feel like there's a lot of missed opportunities with this pack and things that could've been better or could've been added. Some of these things not being included are just big missed opportunities which could've really improved the pack

- Being able to ice skate on frozen ponds

- Ice Fishing - We already have the ability to fish, just place a hole in the ice, it wouldn't be hard to add

- The train should actually be functional and take your sim to the mountains

- The empty buildings in the town centre area should've been turned into shops similar to the ones in the Magic Realm. They added the option to buy supplies for your rental with the pack, so it would make a lot more sense to go to a rabbithole store for these items rather than ordering them from the mailbox and they just appear out of nowhere. Plus it would encourage travelling and give a purpose to this neighbourhood.

- The cave in the mountain should've been a hidden ice cave lot with a yeti living in it. They could've made an interesting story around it aswell, maybe if you talk to locals there can be a whole rumor around the yeti and then you have to go up to the mountain to discover it and befriend it. That would add some more culture and backstory to the world and add some actual depth and lore rather than it just being a pretty place to go snowboarding

- Linking the above two points, maybe they could add a souvenir shop aswell and from that you can buy Mt Komorebi memorabilia and yeti memorabilia to remember your trip by.

- The winter sports should have more player interaction, maybe you have to press a certain key at a certain time for your sim to make the jump. Something other than just watching them go down on a loop until they get it right

- Toddlers can't use the new table even though it's on the floor and they already sit on the floor to eat food. If you do hot pot on the table, you can invite a toddler to join but they'll sit on the floor next to it or on the couch instead which makes zero sense when they can easily sit at the table

First I don't need The Sims to be a button mashing game there are plenty of those games. Second toddler have never been able to sit at the tables so why would the one in Snowy Escape be any different? Plus you don't even know how the program of this game works so what you are asking for they may not be able to do. Except the rabbit hole stores. Also I like this pack its the first pack since Seasons that I have actually enjoyed. I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of the game. I am very picky about this game and things have to keep my interest more then just a month or week and so far this one has been making me laugh and I am having so much fun. You could make a souvenir shop if you really wanted one if you have Get To Work.

Um because we want new things to be introduced??
    I get you want new things introduced but when has a toddler ever been able to sit at the table in any sims game?

1. I haven’t played with toddlers in other games, and 2. I’m talking about this one. Just because it hasn’t been done before doesn’t mean it can’t or shouldn’t be done now....the table is on the floor at a heigh that toddlers can reach. I think they should be able to sit on the floor, or a way to add an attachment or something.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    More careers would have been nice. Especially since this salary-person thing is kinda redundant when we already have an all encompassing business/corporate career track. A pop idol career would have been cool. Or a mangaka career. Heck, this pack's selling point is the snow themed activities, right? Why not have some sort of adventurer or extreme sports career?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I like Snowy Escape as a pack, it's been a concept I've been wanting for a very long time but I just feel like there's a lot of missed opportunities with this pack and things that could've been better or could've been added. Some of these things not being included are just big missed opportunities which could've really improved the pack

- Being able to ice skate on frozen ponds

- Ice Fishing - We already have the ability to fish, just place a hole in the ice, it wouldn't be hard to add

- The train should actually be functional and take your sim to the mountains

- The empty buildings in the town centre area should've been turned into shops similar to the ones in the Magic Realm. They added the option to buy supplies for your rental with the pack, so it would make a lot more sense to go to a rabbithole store for these items rather than ordering them from the mailbox and they just appear out of nowhere. Plus it would encourage travelling and give a purpose to this neighbourhood.

- The cave in the mountain should've been a hidden ice cave lot with a yeti living in it. They could've made an interesting story around it aswell, maybe if you talk to locals there can be a whole rumor around the yeti and then you have to go up to the mountain to discover it and befriend it. That would add some more culture and backstory to the world and add some actual depth and lore rather than it just being a pretty place to go snowboarding

- Linking the above two points, maybe they could add a souvenir shop aswell and from that you can buy Mt Komorebi memorabilia and yeti memorabilia to remember your trip by.

- The winter sports should have more player interaction, maybe you have to press a certain key at a certain time for your sim to make the jump. Something other than just watching them go down on a loop until they get it right

- Toddlers can't use the new table even though it's on the floor and they already sit on the floor to eat food. If you do hot pot on the table, you can invite a toddler to join but they'll sit on the floor next to it or on the couch instead which makes zero sense when they can easily sit at the table

Second toddler have never been able to sit at the tables so why would the one in Snowy Escape be any different?

Because it's completely different from a regular table and it actually makes sense for this table? The seats are literally cushions on the floor, toddlers can already eat sitting on cushions on the floor. There's no physical reason why a toddler wouldn't be able to sit on these cushions and eat instead.
    hwax2AQ.png

At current my toddler sim will get food from this table, and then go and sit on another cushion to eat it. It would make perfect sense with this table for the toddler to just sit on the cushion and eat. Plus it'd be pretty cute and make them feel like they're actually part of the family!
    But maybe they couldn't do that because it would require them to change the toddler animations

Not really, you can see in the screenshot the toddler sits the same as the child. The toddler doesn't necessarily have to eat from the table, they can just eat from their lap like they already do. No new animation needed at all. Honestly if there's any modders out there please make a separated version of the cushion so my toddler can sit on it I would be eternally grateful :D
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Well I know one thing that shouldn't have been in this pack that you put your toddler lives in danger sledding. My sim crashed the sled and the toddler went flying out of the sled.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Elisdream wrote: »
    The festivals were a huge dissapointment...
    At the snow festival, the ONLY activities there: Two single food stands, and spaceship jungle gym (lmao). Can you tell me what does this have to do with a snow festival at first place? There are fireworks comming from the rooft of a bulding that you can't interact with or even watch the 🎃🎃🎃🎃 fireworks... Can you explain me what does a spaceship jungle gym do at a snow japanesse traditional festival and why there are cero activities related to anything sigthly cultural or wintery at least?! =

Making snow and ice sculptures is the obvious one. The Sapporo Snow Festival also has giant snow slides and a snow maze.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Another thing I really need: a less glitchy - smoother animation at taking ur shoes off and on...

There are mods out that fix this, in case you haven't seen them. One just removes the animation, and the other adds a different animation.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I agree with the toddler not being able to use the new kotatsu table. There is no reason why a toddler couldn’t sit at that table besides laziness of not wanting to make the animation for it.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Ski and Snowboarding instructors (and a career for it), Holiday ceremonies as a tie-in with Seasons (fireworks on the slopes), a rental shop in Wakaba, a useable train station. And I agree, tea ceremonies as a gameplay object. I searched in BB for half an hour until I realized it wasn't in the pack.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Another thing I really need: a less glitchy - smoother animation at taking ur shoes off and on...

There are mods out that fix this, in case you haven't seen them. One just removes the animation, and the other adds a different animation.

Omg Thank you
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited November 2020
    Making snow and ice sculptures is the obvious one. The Sapporo Snow Festival also has giant snow slides and a snow maze.

Omg Thank you! Absolutely! I got so mad at this because festival are one of my favourite features in game, and it's sad how they end up being so dissapointing...

Fisrtable, to say we got three festival is something very generous, since only one adds some "new" content... (still full of recycled animations)

-...if you count making a wish and leave an offer at the thombstone (things we kinda have already) a solid content. -

But at the other two festivals I just lost it. They add absolutely nothing new. So you are paying for anything. They just put on some monkey bars, drawing tables and picnic tables and called it a festival.

My losing point was at the festival of light, when a random townie started to dance the SELVADORADIAN dance that you unlock by level up SELVADORADIAN CULTURE skill, at the radio playing japanesse music, because they didn't even bother to add a more appropiate dancing style or a Mt Komorebi related skill.

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Maybe some kind of 'mountain guard' or 'mountain rescue service' job would be nice, to use the new skills added with the pack.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited November 2020

I would have loved that ability, a little more "skill" required, it would have made playing that activity much more fun, because as a player you were essentially helping your sim get better at that skill. Although I have horrible reflexes and am terrible at hand/eye coordination for games, I still used to enjoy the competitive sports games you could play against other people and it was quite fun to get better at and it was even more fun to laugh at your ineptness!
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on