Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freezing crashing

feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
my game file calls it crashing. others only call it crashing when the game shuts down. My sims just freeze, time stops and i cant access the other sim, and I have to close my comp to close the game.
is anyone else having this problem????? i updated my windows and repaired my game. it still happens. It didn't happen after the update, only after the Snowy escape installed, I kept saving all the way until they get out of bed, then one pees and washes hands then it freezes. no mods or CCC.

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
  • Options
    CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    Sort of! Its mostly suddenly crashing for me but sometimes freezing to but only if I'm trying to save it like I know a crash is about to happen because I'm seeing the game starting to struggle. I've also noticed when it freezes/crashes mostly when a toilet breaks or something similar to it like a sink or bath/shower and they start leaking water. Then that water sound keeps playing in the background as well if I'm in the middle of clicking on something and the clicking sound as well repeats itself over and over and the game never closes! I have to shut off or restart my PC back up if this happens. I saw a tweet they are fixing it this week though they didn't give a date yet.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I had this in a certain situation repeating with each new start of the game until I finally waited for some minutes during the freezing. The game recovered and I was able to continue.
  • Options
    I realized it started to happen when I put in the no shoes in house plaque with a shoe rack, so before starting I went into buy mode and deleted them. turned play on and sent her to pee, got him up five minutes in their still working. and still changing their shoes. but they cant tell the difference between bedroom and hall way. the put their shoes on in the hall way and slippers in the bedroom. lol so far so good, I'll keep you posted.
  • Options
    EA_BlueberryEA_Blueberry Posts: 7 EA Community Manager
    @feetinstockings

The team is aware of crashing since the November 10th update. More information on this can be found here.

We apologize if it's caused any confusion and/or frustration. The team has it as a top priority right now.
  • Options
    Thank you Blueberry.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top