Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need more rabbithole buildings such as University and Batuu had!!!

alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Since we keep getting small neighborhoods inside of our worlds with empty shell buildings it's beyond time to start adding a myriad of rabbit hole buildings that we can click on and our sim can retreat inside! I love the new world in Snowy Escape but there are far too many shell buildings. It would be great if they just added a variety of shops that our sims could disappear in and then a pop up with a certain rotating amount of groceries or items could pop up onto the screen like they're shopping. There are a few of these in Journey to Batuu and I don't mind them! It would be way better than having shell buildings everywhere that do nothing! What are your thoughts???
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Please, no more rabbit holes buildings. Vending machines are in effect rabbit holes, but at least they can be placed in a number of venues and don't take up so much space.
  • Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Please, no more rabbit holes buildings. Vending machines are in effect rabbit holes, but at least they can be placed in a number of venues and don't take up so much space.
    I mean, it’s not like the shells are doing anything else. If they’re going to be present regardless in the name of creating “atmosphere”, I’d like it if they served some sort of purpose rather than just being more dead space.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Barbie430 wrote: »
    I mean, it’s not like the shells are doing anything else. If they’re going to be present regardless in the name of creating “atmosphere”, I’d like it if they served some sort of purpose rather than just being more dead space.

I agree with you on this one, it's better to at least have rabbit holes instead of the empty shells, but begging for them it's not a good idea. Rabbit holes buildings don't become acceptable just because they are no longer empty shells.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member

I tend to agree. I'd like us to be able to interact with more things in a world, but I'd rather my sims don't disappear somewhere I can't follow and then come back. I'd rather they place more food stall type things if anything so that I can see the world come alive, see the sims actually doing stuff.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Coming from Sims 3 I've always liked rabbitholes, never got peoples issue with them to be honest. Sometimes it's nice to just send your sim somewhere and let them do their thing independently whilst I play with another sim. It's nice to just send my sim off to a rabbithole spa all day and not have to deal with them and then they come back relaxed. It gives something more for your sims to do without having to actually leave the house.

Plus it's infinitely better than fake buildings that do absolutely nothing and make it feel like a set..
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I support more rabbit hole activities.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    I rather prefer visiting venues with my sims. I don't like the empty shells either and rabbit holes are just empty shells where our sims vanish. I'm not a fan of that if I'm being honest. In the Sims 3 from my recent experience they don't even function that well anyway.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I don't mind rabbit holes for some bits, like the skill classes in university but I won't go as far as asking for them because I like to accompany my sims to restaurants and such. But if we keep getting worlds with tons of empty shells, they might as well be useful as a rabbit hole. For example in snowy escape they could have used a building to sell ski equipment, no just vending machines.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Being closed world game that is Sims 4, last thing I need is more rabbithole, I rather they use those 'unused' space for empty lot because they already ditched 32bit support they shouldnt concern much about performance even with midtier desktop pc can reach 144fps easily in sims 4 with ultra settings.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I wanted to clarify that I am not asking for rabbithole buildings INSTEAD of adding new open venues to enrich the game. I am simply saying INSTEAD of the buttloads of shell buildings we've been getting I'd prefer for them to be interactive in SOME manner. I would prefer The Sims 3 style rabbit hold building over a single shell building.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I wanted to clarify that I am not asking for rabbithole buildings INSTEAD of adding new open venues to enrich the game. I am simply saying INSTEAD of the buttloads of shell buildings we've been getting I'd prefer for them to be interactive in SOME manner. I would prefer The Sims 3 style rabbit hold building over a single shell building.

No, I get what you're saying. I think I just panicked as if they were going to take one look at this thread and start working on the next Batuu :D:D Simmers living in fear lol
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    j1z1 wrote: »

No, I get what you're saying. I think I just panicked as if they were going to take one look at this thread and start working on the next Batuu :D:D Simmers living in fear lol

😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I wouldn't mind some rabbit holes. Especially since there are so many fake buildings. They could at least be used as a rabbit hole of some sort.
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2021
    Since we keep getting small neighborhoods inside of our worlds with empty shell buildings it's beyond time to start adding a myriad of rabbit hole buildings that we can click on and our sim can retreat inside! I love the new world in Snowy Escape but there are far too many shell buildings. It would be great if they just added a variety of shops that our sims could disappear in and then a pop up with a certain rotating amount of groceries or items could pop up onto the screen like they're shopping. There are a few of these in Journey to Batuu and I don't mind them! It would be way better than having shell buildings everywhere that do nothing! What are your thoughts???

I would also like more rabbit holes instead of just getting a lot of scenery that you can´t interact with. I mean giving us more interaction options for the scenery will bring more life to a world. Here are my suggestion:

1. Make the shops in the Wakaba area clickable (rabbit holes): a sport gear shop (skiis /snowboards/climbing gear/etc, will have sales sometimes), a fast food restaurant (instead of a vending machine in this area), a tourist info, a tea shop. +Make it possible to become a business partner (own 10-100%) of a shop and gain profits from it (like in sims 3).

2. Always add hiking trails / climbing walls for new packs / worlds.

3. Make some of the scenery trees (maybe the pine trees?) clickable, options: A. Collect bark (you can carve a bark boat -Handiness/Motor skill- and put it in the river = sail bark boats. You can sail bark boats with another sim -and of course cheat and "poke" the other sim's bark boat with a stick = it will sunk). B. Chop wood (= you will collect wood that you can put on a fire -putting firewood on a fire will now cost simoleans-). When chopping wood for multiple times on the same tree =>The three will temporarily become a stump for a while.