Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crash After Crash

The game had crashed 7 times on me over the weekend, after gotten Snowy Escape on the PS4. Both the game and the PS4 are up to date. All my sim was doing was eating something that was made in the hot pot when this last crashed occurred. On top of the crashes, the game froze completely once and I had gotten a message stating that some contents was removed because I didn't own it or haven't installed it yet. Now the only pack for Sims 4 that I don't have on the PS4 is the My First Pet Stuff. I have all the other packs for Sims 4 on the PS4 except that one.

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    A patch is in preparation.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    A patch is in preparation.
    I hope so because I'm eager to max out the new skills that came with Snowy Escape. And that's a little hard to do right now with the game crashing every so often.
  • PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    You can try the "no sound" workaround that is linked at the top of the forums since it was stated that these crashes seem to be related to BGM.

On PS4 it seems to work for some players and not for others. Personally, on my PS4 it didn't work, but I saw improvements on how often the game crashed (from every 20 minutes to 1 hour)
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    You can try the "no sound" workaround that is linked at the top of the forums since it was stated that these crashes seem to be related to BGM.

On PS4 it seems to work for some players and not for others. Personally, on my PS4 it didn't work, but I saw improvements on how often the game crashed (from every 20 minutes to 1 hour)

I tried this I still crashed
  • EA_BlueberryEA_Blueberry Posts: 7 EA Community Manager
    The team is working on this as a priority. Thank you for your continued patience on this.

Sorry to hear the workaround step didn't work, thank you for at least trying.

We'll be providing updates here as soon as we find out more on the status of this.
    The team is working on this as a priority. Thank you for your continued patience on this.

Sorry to hear the workaround step didn't work, thank you for at least trying.

We'll be providing updates here as soon as we find out more on the status of this.
    Thank you for the update on what the team is doing about this EA_Blueberry. :)
  • SimFernSimFern Posts: 1 New Member
    My game is updated and I am still experiencing crashes directly after loading up?
  • PopePope Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm also having constant crashing after installing the repair patch.The game is still unplayable.
  • PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    For me the fix worked.
    Played on my ps4 for 3 hours, building some lots and creating a family and I got no crash at all. I noticed just some small lags from time to time, but nothing too annoying.
    I can finally play Snowy Escape!!
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    I was able to play too for a few hours, no crashing. My game did experience lag in build mode and when there was a blizzard it slowed down to a crawl.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
    No crashes since the emergency hot fix patch. But did have one sever lag in build mode and live mode. No blizzards present in my sim's neighborhood during the lag. Had to close the game and restart to clear the lag. Plus got another message stating an item in build mode was removed because either I didn't own it installed it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    If your playing in Winter the emergency patch didn't fix the crash caused by Father Christmas.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps1aW231Cr0&feature=youtu.be
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    If your playing in Winter the emergency patch didn't fix the crash caused by Father Christmas.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps1aW231Cr0&feature=youtu.be

Santa broke the game really? 🤣🤣
    edited November 2020
    There was a crash by Father Winter? What happens to the game right before the crash that Father Winter causes? Please share, that way I know what to watch out for to avoid this crash.
    The vid doesn't say what happens in the game just before the crash. It only said that Father Winter's beard is broken. But how is it broken? Is his beard like not there on his face when he comes over to place presents under the tree? There's one possible way to avoid this crash that I can see. Have your sim not celebrate Winter Fest. You can delete this holiday by opening the calendar and clicking on the holiday and choose to delete. This should fix the crashed caused by Father Winter.
    Post edited by sunman502 on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted.
  • MariammsMariamms Posts: 13 New Member
    This game crashes every 2 mins. This is just beyond pathetic. EA wow....is all I have to say
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    @Mariamms What console are you playing on?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • MariammsMariamms Posts: 13 New Member
    Xbox one
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    @Mariamms I'm afraid I can't suggest anything, but it does seem as though XBox are being glossed over... It may be due to lack of input from XBox players? I only ever hear maybe 2/10 console players who are having issues being on XBox.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    This issue was to have been fixed for both consoles the week following the release of Snowy Escape. If you are still having this issues please direct your problem to EA.com/help bug report. They will see your bug report and look into it. They can't ignore the problem because it costs EA lots of money if they do. And they are into making a profit, not shelling out money.