Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a mod the removes snow from a lot when building

I am trying to build a house in that big snowy lot in the new pack and there is deep snow on the ground and it is making it hard to build. Anyone know of a way a mod that will make it go away while building and then bring it back when done?

Comments

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Try building the house in manage worlds. The snow from seasons doesn't show then, maybe it's the same in Mthe new world.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »
    I am trying to build a house in that big snowy lot in the new pack and there is deep snow on the ground and it is making it hard to build. Anyone know of a way a mod that will make it go away while building and then bring it back when done?

Yes. Twisted Mexi has a mod called "No Weather BuildBuy". I've been using it for ages and yes, it works great with the new Snowy Escape pack too. I just did some building up on the mountain and as soon as I go into BB mode, the snow on everything disappears so you can see what you're doing properly. And when you go back into Live mode, the world goes back to its normal weather.

The mod works perfectly as promised. :)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited November 2020
    All you have to do is change your view to night (as opposed to morning or day) and the squares will reappear. I know this because I built on one of those lots yesterday, and switching views solves the problem
    Post edited by Nate_Whiplash1 on
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    Gagea wrote: »
    Try building the house in manage worlds. The snow from seasons doesn't show then, maybe it's the same in Mthe new world.

@Gagea unfortunately the lot I think the OP is trying to build on isn't accessible in manage worlds; you can only get to it by completing the mountain expedition.
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    You could try building what you want in a different non-snowy map, saving it to your library and then placing it in the snowy lot from your library. Just pick a lot elsewhere that's the same size as the snowy lot for ease. I did this myself for my most recent build and it worked fine!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I can understand the struggle but you also don’t want to waste time doing things that aren’t even going to show up under the snow. I don’t believe the snow ever melts there up on the mountain.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    I can understand the struggle but you also don’t want to waste time doing things that aren’t even going to show up under the snow. I don’t believe the snow ever melts there up on the mountain.

@babajayne Good Point! A whole lot of fancy landscaping might not worth the struggle.