Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Always the same tune while playing the music instruments

Is there any good mod that sims can play many tunes instead of the specific tunes at skill level? My sim has level 10 in guitar skill and always plays the same tune over and over.. I'd love to listen to the tune when he was playing at the level 6 or 7. The piano is the exactly same. All the tune he learned from the song books are mostly not notable.

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    The music files are coded in whatever programming language format and thus any new music files would have to be coded in that format. Secondly you would have to find what code controls the sims animations of playing the piano or guitar and copy those into the commands to control the animation with the music. Then you have to also make sure that the command wheel that you have to select the song from the various commands contain the new songs that you have placed into the command queue. And unfortunately, I don't think anybody has gone that far to mess with the coding that directly affects the game. At least I haven't found a mod that adds more music to the "instruments" played.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited November 2020
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    All the tune he learned from the song books are mostly not notable.
    You mean you don't like them? I think the tunes that are played at lower levels are part of these.

Anyway, you could always pause the game, line up 8 performances of the songs you like, then unpause. That gives you at least some time between having to interfere. I'm not sure how many songs there are, but I'd say about 20.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited November 2020
    First of all, thanks all. I brought 2 videos here to explain what I'm not satisfied.

@Nikkei_Simmer

I don't think I understood what you are talking about. I don't have any knowledge in coding or modding. :(

@Turjan
    I don't mean I don't like them. Just want to listen to the ones they can play in lower level.

https://youtu.be/TPMZeda_hV0

Your sim can play this at level 7.
    But your sim never play this at higher level than 7.
    So the sims just play only a couple of tunes in the specific certain skill level.
    It's the same in level 10 too.
    My sim always plays that couple of tunes available in level 10 only.
    So usually I go more for jamming rather than playing alone because I can hear only these tunes.
    I brought another one here.

https://youtu.be/S8ne-yf5pEY

I have to change all skill level to hear many tunes on MC mod.
    I want to hear all tunes available in lower skill levels but the sims never do it.
    Is there a mod to enable this? Unlocking all tunes available in level 10. I know it's not possible to do without mod.
    Most of my sims completed musical instruments but they only play the tunes available in level 10.
    So I prefer to listen to the performance of the pianists in the lounge of Bridgeport because they can do what my sims cannot do.
    Why should I have to listen to their performance although my sims are all maxed out in piano skill? It's unfair. :neutral:
    I don't mean adding any custom tunes. I mean I want to hear the tunes available in lower skill levels at least from level 5 should be fine.
    I love the piano tune in level 5 but my level 10 piano sims never play this. I have to put their skill down to 5 to hear that.

Post edited by Jeansoo on
    edited November 2020
    @Jeansoo
    First of all, thanks all. I brought 2 videos here to explain what I'm not satisfied.

@Turjan
    I don't mean I don't like them. Just want to listen to the ones they can play in lower level.

As I said, use the "perform" action. Click on your guitar while it is in your sim's inventory, choose "perform" instead of "play alone" or "jam", then pick the song from your level 7 video (the song is called "My Porch, Anytime"), then repeat that up to 8 times (in the paused state), or mix it with one or a few of the other 20 songs your level 10 guitarist can play.

Pausing is necessary to stack songs, as otherwise, you would only perform one. As an aside, the "perform" interaction levels up your guitar skill faster than the other two options, and the number of performances determines how big the tips are your sim will get.

Edit: And no, I don't know the name of those songs by heart; I just went into the game and had my level 10 guitarist perform different songs (you can cancel those performances at any time) until he got to the right one. The lower level songs are on the first screen, the higher level ones can be seen if you hit "More".
    3wVG9UV.jpg
    Post edited by Turjan on
    Turjan wrote: »
    @Jeansoo

@Turjan

As I said, use the "perform" action. Click on your guitar while it is in your sim's inventory, choose "perform" instead of "play alone" or "jam", then pick the song from your level 7 video (the song is called "My Porch, Anytime"), then repeat that up to 8 times (in the paused state), or mix it with one or a few of the other 20 songs your level 10 guitarist can play.

Pausing is necessary to stack songs, as otherwise, you would only perform one. As an aside, the "perform" interaction levels up your guitar skill faster than the other two options, and the number of performances determines how big the tips are your sim will get.

Edit: And no, I don't know the name of those songs by heart; I just went into the game and had my level 10 guitarist perform different songs (you can cancel those performances at any time) until he got to the right one. The lower level songs are on the first screen, the higher level ones can be seen if you hit "More".
    3wVG9UV.jpg

Ahh now I understand what you mean. Thank you but I wanted to hear those songs from play alone as the sims do this with free will. Thanks for the good tip. I didn't know sims still can make a tip with performance. Also it looks like playing for tip is broken since the jamming added. I've never had any tip from playing for tips. The sims gave me a bit low semoleons while jamming, and I thought it was better than nothing.
    Well, if you never use the "perform" interaction, you will get no or very low tips. This will go up in the tens of thousands simoleons per tip if you perform exhaustively. You should at least try and get to about 25 performances (can be done quickly by canceling after the first notes appear) to get any reasonable tips.

Anyway, I don't know of any solution for "play alone".
    Thank you so much! I'm on the way to try in music career building! :D
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Any mod for this? I really like Lv 5 Piano Music because sims will play Moonlight Sonata on it.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    izecson wrote: »
    Any mod for this? I really like Lv 5 Piano Music because sims will play Moonlight Sonata on it.

Turjan said there's the song in perform menu if your sim learned all from the bookstore. :) Oh I have to try this tonight. :D