Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I’ve been playing it for a few hours now and all I can say is that I love this expansion.

That’s great :)

Still going to give it a bit more time to see if anything unexpected shows up but I am so glad to read about people having fun.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I've gotten about an hours worth of play with my simself save (the one where I cheat outrageously because it's Virtual Me and I wuv Virtual Me ... and just wanna mess around with the game's goodies) and I've had some nice skiing shots so far.

Will explore more tomorrow, and start working on getting one of my sims on my more serious saves out of university and moved to Mt. Komorebi.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am going to start my new sims as teens and then take them through Uni. They will live with their families in Mt Komorebi :)
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I adore the new radio station, Japanese Folk. I've moved my sims to one of the lots right by the slopes and they're happily off doing whatever while I sit at the house just listening to the music!
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited November 2020
    Be advised that Mt. Komorebi is a 9pm sunset world. Those of you who are photosensitive should take care to start your carousing an hour later than normal, just like in Del Sol Valley.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Be advised that Mt. Komorebi is a 9pm sunset world. Those of you who are photosensitive should take care to start your carousing an hour later than normal, just like in Del Sol Valley.

Oh my, that won't do with my undead. But thank you for the warning. Perhaps the Vampires will have to start taking over Glimmerbrook and drive those mages out to Komorebi.
    #Team Occult
    LiELF wrote: »

Oh my, that won't do with my undead. But thank you for the warning. Perhaps the Vampires will have to start taking over Glimmerbrook and drive those mages out to Komorebi.

Yeah, it turned 8 and I was all set to check out the bar there. I load in and it's sizzle, sizzle, sizzle. Well, let's just go to the Spice Festival instead. :D
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I'm loving this pack so far and I've only explored a little bit. I took my vampires on vacation there and it's been a lot of fun so far. I had my Grand Master vampire try out the easy rock climbing wall, he climbed up, felt the top of the wall, panicked, and climbed back down. I laughed so hard, like dude, you have 10 fitness and can turn into mist, I think you can handle this. I love this game.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I haven't even reached live play yet but I'm still having fun.

I built a cheaper rental place, a home for the pregnant couple I'm moving there and downloaded a lovely 50 x 50 for the lot in the mountains.

Tomorrow I'm going to see about incorporating some of the new stuff in other worlds before I start playing my first household.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited November 2020

That's odd. Sunset is never later than about 7pm in Japan, with full darkness before 9pm, since they don't use daylight savings time.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

That's odd. Sunset is never later than about 7pm in Japan, with full darkness before 9pm, since they don't use daylight savings time.

Might just be a timing thing for the game as a whole? Though I'm not sure what the sunset times are like in the other worlds, so... XD
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I bought the pack as soon as it came out last night, so I didn't have the chance to play for very long but I'm having fun so far. Here's some things that I've really liked:
    -The CAS, especially the female hairs
    -The kotatsu table
    -The gamechangers' builds. I moved my family into lilsimsie's starter and tweaked it slightly to make sure there was enough room for all of my sims, but I really love it. It doesn't feel like I'm playing in a sad EA starter home.
    -All of the new foods your sims can get
    -The simmi capsules
    -The fact that you can hike with dogs
    -Toddlers and children being included
    edited November 2020

Might just be a timing thing for the game as a whole? Though I'm not sure what the sunset times are like in the other worlds, so... XD

All worlds have sunrise at 6 am and sunset at 8 pm except for the following:

Forgotten Hollow -- sunrise 8 am, sunset 6 pm
    Del Sol Valley, Mt. Komorebi -- sunrise 6 am, sunset 9 pm
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited November 2020
    You can scruberoo the Hot Springs whilst still in them, if they are dirty.

2eNNKGz.png

Yes he's skinny dipping, don't judge!

But it doesn't work. Springs still dirty. Maxis please fix your game.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I moved a Sim into the older part of Mt. Komorebi tonight. I love this world so much! It is so beautiful, and there are so many different places for Sims to explore. This pack is worth the price for the world alone.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I finally downloaded the patch and since I had no issues, I bought the expansion. I am so happy right now. I absolutely love everything about this pack. I have taken my sims hiking, I have had them practice rock climbing, they have gone skiing and sledding and gone to the festival of snow. I have only had them on vacation 4 days and I can't get enough. I am going to make a vacation rental in Sulani next and send them there to snorkel, dive and hunt for shells on the beach. I am loving this pack, and that isn't even mentioning all the crazy stuff happening with sentiments and lifestyles. Man, so much to do.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i am loving this ep. im so glad i got it. i made a family of 4. i admit its been a challenge balancing work and time at the slopes. but im doing my best. plus this family is doing a lot of bonding. til recently because the oldest child is about to be a teen and she and her mom dont always get along anymore. plus i love the sentiments so much.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I sent my main sim on vacation and straight to the bunny slopes. She was sad that she wasn’t any good as a skier or on the toboggan, but she still sadly walked up the hill (without my interaction) and kept trying. Then she took herself on the beginner snowboard slopes and she was great at it! I love that the sims seem to have a preference and different talents.

Also, can I mention how dang cute Kiyoshi Ito is?! Going to have to introduce him to my legacy child when they age into teens.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I have not even started exploring the pack yet; just been looking on Google and YouTube to find some good ideas for what I want to build in the world. Right now, I’m just enjoying reading about how everyone else is playing and building.

Enjoyed this video on Bedroom ideas by Simstopia.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE10OhMEUBk

Happy Simming to all the Snow Bunnies and Snow Moose! 😊

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I really like that sims can take off their shoes indoors. I didn’t think I cared about this feature but it’s actually cute. I did use a mod to remove the awful animation though. :D
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    I just want to list some things I noticed and really like, just because I'm happy about the pack, I know, completely redundant post, nevermind me:

That the Komorebi Stone Lantern has little bugs flying around its light, a nice lively touch.

The lot at the peak being hidden, great gameplay addition, both for the 'builder' and the 'player' in me.

Mountain Romance Kitchen Counter have slots in it; I've missed being able to place little things in the kitchen and bathroom, that doesn't take up slots needed for routing/gameplay.

The style of wallpaper, floor, objects etc it is so pretty, and also goes very well with objects from other packs. I have the University storage box fitting in well, the Flower Arranging table and Umbri Umbrella Rack from Seasons, the bonsai tree from base game, Good Vibrations Wall Speaker and The Yoga Instructor mat from Spa Day. The wallpaper and doors and windows also have the same swatches, which creates a uniform look on the house facade.

The new mailbox being a flat wall object, and with both neutral and cute swatches.

The plates decorative object, so useful everywhere as clutter.

That the functionality of no shoes indoor is added to base game shoe racks, great for creating a lived-in look.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I think I jumped into Mt. Komorebi too quickly. So I sent my sim home to bone up on her rock climbing skill, give her a new wardrobe and do a bit of redecorating with the new objects. When she returns her teen daughter will accompany her because she felt a bit lonely all by herself.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    My sim has gotten the Close-Knit lifestyle, from only socializing with the elder couple and her lover; it is a nice addition, I think I will use this, and its 'opposite' People Person lifestyle for many of my sims, depending on the character chosen for them.

I am trying to give her Hungry For Love, but all her woohooing outside has instead made Adrenaline Seeker be in progress!

EDIT:

I got to the peak! It is lovely.
    The lot assignment cannot be changed (locked to summit); it is 20X20; and it can be built on both upwards and downwards (basement), I think I will figure something out that has to do with going into the mountain..
    Post edited by Auroraskies on
  • smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    i am injoying this pack so much it feels so rich with game play and so happy it feel real good to play with so much. I see a lot of simmers are really loving this pack to will thanks so all that brought us this pack for our game it show us you really do listin to us and thanks it show us that sims game has a lot more to go hope we get more and keep bring us more game play for the game. Will i so happy to have a game that bring so many thing i love in real life to the game

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top