Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    EmUgVssVMAEc32l.jpg

Discover University

Did you know that the presentation board (history one?) Has pictures of Sims 1 and 2 on it.

Including one from the first TS2 trailer (family portait at 1:30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w

Yeah! That's the first one I noticed cause I was obsessed with that trailer. And while TS2 was nothing like that I still LOVE the Sims 2!

Other things I noticed:
    Open For Business screenshot below that.
    Celebration Stuff is in the top right and then below that is Free Time.
  • Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    edited November 2020
    A spellcaster sim can teleport to the tops of climbing walls without climbing. I had my spellcaster climb the mountain with Caleb Valtore. My sim just poofed up to the top and Caleb did all the work to get me to gold just by telling him to "go here together." My sim made it to the top hardly with any effort and no climbing skill. 🤣🤣
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Same trick works if your Sim can teleport using Wellness skill from Spa Day. ;)
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    edited November 2020
    (Discover University and Snowy Escape integration)

Studying for a subject that your sims reviews for will activate the first stage of the Surge Emotion feature and then will eventually get to the surge emotion itself after around 5-8 sim hours of studying haha. Very useful to give your sims a positive strong +4 emotion for their day at uni (since the moodlet lasts 12 hours). Especially useful for example to get a strong +4 confident moodlet so that they won't be uncomfortable before final exams. ;)
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited November 2020
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Same trick works if your Sim can teleport using Wellness skill from Spa Day. ;)

It also works if you use cheats. Shift click 'Teleport here.'
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Sims can drink fizzy juice while painting.
    L1kS8TL.jpg
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Erratic Sims can tell a story/talk to self while dancing lol.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Apparently you cannot use the weather machine to summon wind... That's unfortunate. :/
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Any Trait that handles Hygiene also affects Hydration if you are a mermaid. Meaning Gym Rat and Antiseptic does not "go to waste" if you turn your Sim into a mermaid.

Speaking of mermaids, a negative one:
    Mermaids cannot use ladders to get out of water, so if you have a house on stillts try build stairs from decks that goes down in water. Stairs can be built in as deep as waist deep water.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    I don't know if this is a definite thing that works every time or not, as have only tried it once, but I had my pregnant sim commune with the island spirits (Island Living game pack) and she later gave birth to twins. Never had any multiple births in game before.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Did you know that if you age up your teen while in a furious mood caused by a mood swing, he/she can die of heart explosion immediatly after aging.

Learned the hard way 😥
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    You can apparently give sims food (had an option that said give food to from inventory) if you have something edible in your inventory even toddlers.

That and apparently flowers is considered a food for sims to eat oddly enough. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I didn't know you could demolish the underpart of stairs. Not a big deal, but handy. :)
    aMmKW3h.png
    aegSvki.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    I didn't know that when a kid misbehaves and you tell them to reflect on what they did, they actually do it! they go sit down and there's a progress bar!
    SWngR6J.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    This was a sigh of relief for me. As much as I love Star Wars I do not want to have to travel back and forth for the food and drinks and waste all my credits on them so, I recently found out that if you make a restaurant you can add all the drinks, main dishes, appetizers and deserts from Batuu.

I was about to ask this in the pack discussion part of the forum. Thanks for telling. I think I will make a star wars restaurant in oasis springs.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Flirty and Playful sims can Hip-Bump the punching bag while exercising.

And one that seems completely off: a pregnant sim can't do Yoga (Wellness pack), but they can do most (if not all) other forms of workout, including using the climbing machine.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I love that when children or toddler sims play with toys, imagination images pop up around them while they play. I remember that happening when children played on the pirate ship or spaceship too, but I just tried it and it didn't work, so maybe that's not a feature anymore or my game is just glitching. (Sorry if someone already said this one, wasn't gonna read through all 338 pages haha)

6A4gleh.png
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I love that when children or toddler sims play with toys, imagination images pop up around them while they play. I remember that happening when children played on the pirate ship or spaceship too, but I just tried it and it didn't work, so maybe that's not a feature anymore or my game is just glitching. (Sorry if someone already said this one, wasn't gonna read through all 338 pages haha)

6A4gleh.png

Maybe you're thinking about toddler jungle gym? Toddlers with high enough imagination skill can play “Make Believe”, it's either a pirate shipwreck or a spaceport. And it indeed has really cool imagination animation.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    somewhsome wrote: »

Maybe you're thinking about toddler jungle gym? Toddlers with high enough imagination skill can play “Make Believe”, it's either a pirate shipwreck or a spaceport. And it indeed has really cool imagination animation.

You might be right, I was probably thinking about that! I knew there was a playground imagination animation

EDIT:

Yes, that was totally what I was thinking about, I totally thought I was going crazy when it didn't happen with the kids playground. I love how this toddler is even imagining her teen brother to have a pirate hat since he's playing pretend with her <3

3c174ZB.png

• Options
    I actually learned something completely new today! I didn't know that puppies could hide under the couch when they're scared. I just got Seasons last week and this little pup is terrified of thunderstorms

eg7QJZK.png
  • Options
    mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    Maybe this is just me being dumb. I thought that only sims with level 10 handyness skill could access the hidden lot in oasis springs. but turns out once the first sim "unlocks" the lot, then any sim after that can access the lot freely through that "secret gate"
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    In the map view if you hover your cursor over a lot you like see a pulsating glowing “fog” area. This indicates the area surrounding the lot your sim can roam freely without a loading screen.
  • Options
    AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    That before the last patch, Male Sims could get pregnat with calls from random NPC Sims.
    Is both hilarious and terrifiying.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top