Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Snowy Escape' complaining thread!

GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
The official complaining thread is back and I'll be holding them from now on, so you can speak your mind again. For the sake of the purpose of this thread, keep it civil (thanks goes to @Onverser for the back-up thread).
I think most know the purpose of this thread, but I will go ahead and copy the original text again:

WHAT IS THIS THREAD FOR?
An actual place for us simmers to only and freely be negative, complain, worry or whatever you want to call it about this new upcoming pack and be freed from other simmers who then 'complain' about the complainers. Got it?
So everything goes here. It does not matter whether we have all the information or not, that we just only saw a trailer or that we are just a bunch of 'whiners' as others like to call us. You are free to say whatever you want here. Get rid of what's on your chest and share your dark thoughts with other simmers. We DO NOT attack each others opinion no matter what it is or no matter how 'ridicule' or unconfirmed it may be. Let your frustrations on the loose.

the-sims-4-snowy-escape-cover.webp
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    One other point of criticism: lifestyles are cool but we should have gotten lifestyles for occults in the base game!
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    Sentiments still need a lot of reworks and add more from other packs, there are no occult specific sentiments, there should be at least feeling of being hunted when one have negative relationship with a vampire that trigger everytime the said vampire is in the same neighborhood no matter how far they are from the hunted Sims.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »
    Sentiments still need a lot of reworks and add more from other packs, there are no occult specific sentiments, there should be at least feeling of being hunted when one have negative relationship with a vampire that trigger everytime the said vampire is in the same neighborhood no matter how far they are from the hunted Sims.

Agreed. I like they get the impressed one from training but feeling hunted would be really cool. Or scared but I guess we would need a fear emotion for that :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Agreed. I like they get the impressed one from training but feeling hunted would be really cool. Or scared but I guess we would need a fear emotion for that :sweat_smile:

It could work using some element from Paranoid trait as temporary debuff on the sims, but that means player also need to have Strangerville.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    The only complaint I have is that I preordered the pack, and am unable to play because of the crashing.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    My main complaint is the patch has messed up my game badly. Lag and crashing. I have an RTX 2080 Nvidia card. My niece is complaining of the same on console.

From what I can see snow escape looks like island living. Fun for a few hours and that’s it.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Some things that annoyed me that I saw on social media on this pack are:

When they asked for players to ask a question to the developer of this pack, so they could share the Q&A in their story, most questions were yet again.. the obvious ones like 'Can we ski and snowboard?' Like really? You choose that question why? Cause that question must be burning so SO many players..
    Probably for the same reason as to how not much other activities can probably be answered with 'yes of course!'

They have been doing the same in their live streams where no one was ever asking these 'burning' questions.. Then they stopped, cause it became too obvious.. But then this happened.

There was a question about activities for kids and toddlers and they literally gave us the answers that we already knew from the trailers, so there isn't much more? Toddlers can only sled? Wow, such a surprise. I think if there was something else beside what we already know, the developer would surely tell us with that question, so it seems to me that what we see is what we get again.
  • Options

It could work using some element from Paranoid trait as temporary debuff on the sims, but that means player also need to have Strangerville.

Ah yes that's a good point. Speaking of Strangerville, that one should get some Sentiments too! Like "freaked out by mystery" or "worried" or something.
  • Options

Ah yes that's a good point. Speaking of Strangerville, that one should get some Sentiments too! Like "freaked out by mystery" or "worried" or something.

It has so much potentials and one can only hope that Maxis will always add a new sentiments every patch now.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2020
    Just wanted to say to anyone wondering about moderation/thread closing the moderators recently pinned a thread about it in the announcements at the top of the forum. I just noticed it myself as I usually scroll past the announcements because they don't often change. It's titled: a note on the recent moderation action.
    Carry on 💛
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    devs listened to some people complaining over small features in the trailer and inmediately took action by reworking/removing them, and swept under the rug the japanese feedback regarding those things. the pack uses japanese culture but they had to remove things about it because some non-japanese people wanted to take offense on such things. really sad honestly.
    i don't want to turn this thread into a political discussion again but this is my complaint about the pack.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member

I think if sentiment turns out to be a hit they will ! They just testing the waters.

• Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    i just played my sims won't go snowboarding or ski more than once they get a x when told too go back up top
  • Options
    stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    Not sure if it is just me but...

I have put in the scandalous snowy nights nightstands beside my double bed... I cannot place anything on them. I was trying to put the stuff that I previously had on the old nightstands (a plant and one of those books with bookend things)

Has anyone else had a problem with it??
  • Options
    ashleym0223ashleym0223 Posts: 2 New Member
    Not sure why I can't post my own thread but the baby doesn't go to daycare when my Sim goes to work. This just started with the new pack. Does anyone know how to fix that?
  • Options
    Not sure why I can't post my own thread but the baby doesn't go to daycare when my Sim goes to work. This just started with the new pack. Does anyone know how to fix that?

It's because you're a new member. You need to be active at least a day, have 15 post and a certain amount of points. There's a announcement about it somewhere on the forum though, don't remember where.
    These kind of issues are better to report in bug related threads ;)
  • Options
    SpontosaurusSpontosaurus Posts: 2 New Member
    As long as we keep throwing money at them, they will continue serving us with half-🐸🐸🐸🐸 packs that have no real content. It really feels like they aren't even trying anymore and after so many years of playing it feels quite insulting. I think it's interesting that it's only now that similar life simulation games like Paralives are being developed, they have clearly spotted a gap in the market as EA is losing its customers' loyalty (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think there were other games previously).

Sorry about the rant but I'm frustrated at nice looking packs with 5mn of gameplay. They need to focus on the core game features rather than trying to add useless frills like snowboarding which you'll do once and move on. I haven't even bought this EP and probably won't, I'm just going off the live stream and reviews. I really wonder what their meetings are like at EA, honestly who decides this is good work?

Rant over
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I just got a good chuckle when I got the automated marketing Buy The New Cool Pack Now! email.

They really should have waited to push the Send button on that one.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    As long as we keep throwing money at them, they will continue serving us with half-🎃🎃🎃🎃 packs that have no real content. It really feels like they aren't even trying anymore and after so many years of playing it feels quite insulting. I think it's interesting that it's only now that similar life simulation games like Paralives are being developed, they have clearly spotted a gap in the market as EA is losing its customers' loyalty (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think there were other games previously).

Sorry about the rant but I'm frustrated at nice looking packs with 5mn of gameplay. They need to focus on the core game features rather than trying to add useless frills like snowboarding which you'll do once and move on. I haven't even bought this EP and probably won't, I'm just going off the live stream and reviews. I really wonder what their meetings are like at EA, honestly who decides this is good work?

Rant over

I agree! They won't change it though, cause there is more involved then just money.
    It's amazing how fast people forget things and EA knows it. If we would keep a list of all things done wrong with The Sims (4 especially) and how things were handled, people would see the pattern and perhaps think twice about it all. Or even start questioning.
    They play very hard on our love and loyalty for this game and it gets hard when a game you love so much introduces new possible ways to enjoy side to side with all the wrong things in the games development.
    The only way The Sims itself could be saved is, if some independent company would somehow buy it and take over the entire management of this series.
    You just want something you love see succeed and not crash down. It's sad that the management behind the thing you love is just not lovable as well.
    If I see one more time how they 'care' and 'listen' or want 'diversity', i am gonna loose it. It only means something for them, if it fits in their own ideology.

Anyway, about the pack specific, seeing the snowy views and then the building styles being so specific makes me disturbed again that I can't change the world into a style I prefer for my stories. I just don't like how the game decides everything and never leaves space for our own decisions from scratch.
    I didn't think the world was big either tbh. Each time when I have ideas in mind for buildings and lots, I have to compromise so much within those lot size restrictions and the defining surroundings or the amount of lots that are never enough for all my ideas.
    In The Sims 2 you could edit any world to your liking and you could change a poor neighborhood into a rich up town area with just a few clicks.
    Hearing other people getting bored of the snow activities after just a few sim hours sounds very understanding to me. Somehow i feel the same with all the latest packs.
    Haven't had the chance to play with sentiments yet, so don't know if that makes anything better but I will try it out next week probably.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Can I rent about the patch here? Because there's no thread for hating on the patch, but I loathe sentiments so much.

I had two rivals with zero skiing skills dare each other to go down the real slope and afterwards one of them got a "bonding through good times" sentiment. Yes, that's the longterm plan for these two, but it should be for me to say when they have reached that point. At least it wasn't a mutual feeling, so I got a bit of a chuckle out of it.

A sim's conversation queque with a friend ran out and before I could queque up new socials he chose a mean one on his own. Now she has hurt feelings from something he'd never have done, just because I wasn't quick enough on the Pause key.

Max Villareal went vacationing with his friends and bodyguard and for the duration of the trip the man got custody over him (set as caregiver). Now the bodyguard has "happy about new family addition" towards Max, who a) isn't family and b) is known to him for years, so hardly new. But of course the game cannot know that, so it prolly shouldn't even try to guess what's going on in my story and just do the simulation (weather, diseases, promotions etc.), while I play my sims!
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    They didn’t even bother to fix retails in GtW after so many years....
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I delved into it for an minute and the only complaint I have about the pack so far is the snow and it looked dull. However beyond that I am starting to get impressed by the pack even though it has it limitations and lacks some features. This pack might fall in 2nd place behind GT for me. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Can I rent about the patch here? Because there's no thread for hating on the patch, but I loathe sentiments so much.

I had two rivals with zero skiing skills dare each other to go down the real slope and afterwards one of them got a "bonding through good times" sentiment. Yes, that's the longterm plan for these two, but it should be for me to say when they have reached that point. At least it wasn't a mutual feeling, so I got a bit of a chuckle out of it.

A sim's conversation queque with a friend ran out and before I could queque up new socials he chose a mean one on his own. Now she has hurt feelings from something he'd never have done, just because I wasn't quick enough on the Pause key.

Max Villareal went vacationing with his friends and bodyguard and for the duration of the trip the man got custody over him (set as caregiver). Now the bodyguard has "happy about new family addition" towards Max, who a) isn't family and b) is known to him for years, so hardly new. But of course the game cannot know that, so it prolly shouldn't even try to guess what's going on in my story and just do the simulation (weather, diseases, promotions etc.), while I play my sims!

All the people wanting story progression and more sim personalities don't think about the story tellers 😆😆 lol I'm the same. I want FULL control. And having autonomy off doesn't even give me enough control they still continue conversations once you start, or get up to do dishes after eating automatically and other stuff.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member

All the people wanting story progression and more sim personalities don't think about the story tellers 😆😆 lol I'm the same. I want FULL control. And having autonomy off doesn't even give me enough control they still continue conversations once you start, or get up to do dishes after eating automatically and other stuff.

no, we think about y'all, that's why we are asking for more toggles (or improve the ones in the game) instead of just catering to one group and leaving out the rest of players.
    but ppl who wants story progression or less control on sims ain't getting it either as all the sims do the same things, when we want them to do their hobbies or clean or go jogging or marry or whatever autonomously but they mostly play blic bloc and do push ups.
    without mentioning story progression is nonexistent on the game.

for example, i like to pretend my sims have a life on their own when i'm not controlling them, but their AI man.. it's BAD lol
  • Options
    bella_goth wrote: »

no, we think about y'all, that's why we are asking for more toggles (or improve the ones in the game) instead of just catering to one group and leaving out the rest of players.
    but ppl who wants story progression or less control on sims ain't getting it either as all the sims do the same things, when we want them to do their hobbies or clean or go jogging or marry or whatever autonomously but they mostly play blic bloc and do push ups.
    without mentioning story progression is nonexistent on the game.

for example, i like to pretend my sims have a life on their own when i'm not controlling them, but their AI man.. it's BAD lol

Hahaha thanks for the thought. You are right about toggles! Everyone could be happy then. Yes I love to have sims busy around my main sim but the AI is so bad I can't stand to have autonomy on unless I want to rage quit 😆😆😆😆😆
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top