Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who Else Noticed That You Don't Actually Need the Skill to Climb the Mountain?

So, quick story time: my favorite sim is an adrenaline junkie and right after her sister's destination wedding in Selvadorada, I planned for her to tie the knot on the peak of Mt. Komorebi (favorite marriage spot now, by the way).

The problem is her fiance, all her sisters but one, and the one sister's new husband have no skill. She and the one sister have max. I figure I might as well attempt and see what they can do, so I have two max skilled and two no skilled sims.

Turns out that you cannot tell the low skilled sims to climb the walls, but they do autonomously as a part of the event. No one died, no one fell, and they all made it to the peak. Fiance and other sister did not crack skill level two, and we had blizzard and thundersnow weather.

Anyway, it was a nice ceremony and I will forever keep an arch there, but I could have swore in the livestream they said not to even attempt it with level six skill.

Comments

• Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    That’s interesting because I just failed to summit twice with a set of brothers, one with lvl 6 rock climbing and the other I think is lvl 5. And the lvl 6 brother got injured the second time and then couldn’t go any further. Glad your sims had a lovely wedding and everyone made it alive.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited November 2020
    I think it has to do with the fact that you couldn’t tell them to do it. The autonomous interaction allowed them to safely get there and in a sense teleport behind the two highly skilled sims. Low skilled sims can only climb the small walls and aren’t able to climb high walls till level six which is why the gurus said level six was what you should have before attempting.

Glad it worked out well though for your lovebirds 🥰
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I wish I had known this before ruining a marriage. (And that wasn’t even the first marriage that was ruined by Snowy Escape!)
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    I think it has to do with the fact that you couldn’t tell them to do it. The autonomous interaction allowed them to safely get there and in a sense teleport behind the two highly skilled sims. Low skilled sims can only climb the small walls and aren’t able to climb high walls till level six which is why the gurus said level six was what you should have before attempting.

Glad it worked out well though for your lovebirds 🥰

It seems odd to me that they would do something like that, considering it was supposed to be prohibitive. Admittedly, from what I could tell they climbed carefully by default and little seemed to affect them. They did have pretty low needs at times where I had to rely on their autonomous will.