Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think the Sims 5 could be better than TS4?

13...Next

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    The Sims 5 could be better if they add better personalities, memory system, story album, chemistry/romantic system (sims 2 ideas)
    I would love for better personalities and AI and charm and details from Sims 2, but would still love the creative tools and open worlds from Sims 3 (or semi-open worlds).

I want things from both games.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    The Sims 5 could be better if they just scratch out the whole multiplayer idea
    There is always hope for The Sims to improve and become better. It can always happen- but just because it can happen doesn’t mean it will, and with the way things have been going, I find my expectations getting lower and lower.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2020
    The Sims 5 could be better if [add answer in comment]
    Could be better if [All of the Above] were added. However, The Sims 4 is already perfect ok for me. Id like them to continue for many more years adding more expansions.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    The Sims 5 could be better if they add better personalities, memory system, story album, chemistry/romantic system (sims 2 ideas)
    Actually, it could be better if it was a mix of Sims 2/3/4. Like, I would lvoe the calendar/group system to be on the base game, cuz they never update those features to have new holiday activities/new symbols for us to use in holidays and groups. Also, I was trying to create a group in Eco Lifestyle of people that had the traits from this pack, and I can't... there's no option for those traits and I think its not the only traits lacking in the club system. I would also love the build mode, I hated to build roofs in SIms 2/3 and its much more easier to fiz something if I placed a room in the wrong spot. CAS is amazing too, but I also want an "advanced" tab where I can find sliders, cuz sometimes is hard to get something in the exact spot I want using the "molding clay" thing. Also, Sims 3 had WAY more places that we could change, one example of this is that I could add double chin to my sims in Sims 3, but in SIms 4 its impossible as there's no double chin place to touch and pull/push.
    I've picked Sims 2 because I rather have my sims have more detailed personalities and stuff that made them more alive, than having an huge world with an empty character that I have to remind myself all the time of their personalities. Sims 4 is so bad in both open world/customization and character depth... Most of the time I ALWAYS end up play my sims as myself in Sims 4, instead of their own selves.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited September 2020
    TS2, TS3, and TS4 each have something that if combined, and mixed with newer features, it could be quite good. BUT.

Given my luck when it comes to "I sure hope it's this, but it turns out being this other thing" happened exactly with the "leaked GP Icon" that eventually became Journey to Batuu; and given the whole aim of EA right now, I expect it to be far weaker, and a much worse game. Enough to make Freeplay look like TS2 in comparison.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    edited September 2020
    The Sims 5 could be better, if they allow some expansion features in the base game, port over The Sims 4's Build/Buy mode and lighting wholesale, bring back the open world, color wheel and Create-A-World features from Sims 3, add better personalities, bring back the memory system, story album, chemistry/romantic system from Sims 2, go back to the American Sitcom Culture feel and music from The Sims 1, and most importantly if they just scratch out the whole multiplayer idea.

Seriously, take what worked in The Sims 1 through 4 and fix the stuff that didn't. As for the visuals, I'd go for a cross between Sims 2 and Sims 4, I think the Sims in 3 look like they're just a bit too realistic (like if they were just inside the start of the dip for the uncanny valley).
    Post edited by Jon the Wizard on
  • PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    I believe that sims is in a desperate need of people being in charge knowing what they do and what they want to achieve (game-wise not just the amount of money earned :p ). That is how sims was born.
    Even if it won't be a real life simulator as I want it it'll still be less of a dumbster fire with fans fighting each other and nothing being done properly.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Just no online/multiplayer please. I don’t hate sims 4 it has some good elements to it like 1&3 (never really played 2). Sims 5 for me would be open neighbourhoods with the world style of 4 where you can go to all
    worlds in a save, colour wheel, gallery, sims 4 graphics and build mode, adult stuff from 1. Personally I like the easy gameplay style of sims 4 but add the in-depth relationship stuff family and romance options of sims 3. Also it must have favourites and zodiac signs like 3. It’s such a trivial thing but for me I miss this the most from 4.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm not satisfied with open-neighborhoods. If we're going to let the devs off the hook and say..."Well if it's too difficult to implement..." you can nix the open worlds and give us open neighborhoods...

HELL...I'm not satisfied with it...FIND A WAY TO DO IT (open worlds)!!!! I'm not coughing out seventy bucks for a game that is HALF-DONE!!!
    grantorino20084.jpg
    Yes, I'm getting OLD...and I'm getting grouchy and I don't like cut-corners.

AND I'm NOT GOING TO PAY FOR CUT CORNERS...on a game that should be complete before being sold to consumers. I'll just find another developer who is willing to put in the time and the effort to put out a complete game.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    it could be better and I always hope for better in a year sims 4 could be better then it is now
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited November 2020
    it could be better and I always hope for better in a year sims 4 could be better then it is now

"Garbage Day" EP?

a) comes with cars where you can get into it and teleport to where-ever you want to send your sims to.
    b) a dump where sims can scrounge for stuff to clean up and sell.
    c) comes with a dump-truck that picks up garbage from your sims house.
    d) lot of rundown furniture that you can use if you want your house to look worn. new wall swatches.
    e) and lots and lots of chairs.

:p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

"Garbage Day" EP?

a) comes with cars where you can get into it and teleport to where-ever you want to send your sims to.
    b) a dump where sims can scrounge for stuff to clean up and sell.
    c) comes with a dump-truck that picks up garbage from your sims house.
    d) lot of rundown furniture that you can use if you want your house to look worn. new wall swatches.
    e) and lots and lots of chairs.

:p

B is already possible if you have Eco Lifestyle. 🙂

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamertweak.com/dumpster-divingsims-4-eco-lifestyle/amp/
  • MEAKA1STLADY719MEAKA1STLADY719 Posts: 7 New Member
    The Sims 5 could be better if they add open world, color wheel, CAW, (sims 3 ideas)
    The Sims 5 could be better if they took all the best qualities from all 4 games and rolled it out as a Base game... THEN started adding on top of that for expansion packs. I feel like we spent more on TS4 and got WAY LESS in return. I still love the game but thinking about sticking to TS3 for the remainder of playing.
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    I have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection ever since it came out back in 2014. I've had loads of fun since then!

What makes The Sims 3 unique is the Create-A-Style, Create-A-World, Create-A-Pattern and open world setting. But, I would care less about these features. For one thing, I can always find third-party programs that can help me edit the game's texture files and make recolors of items. Also, the open world lags too much on my computer. I try to play with the graphics at the lowest level just to run smoothly and just focus on gameplay instead of graphics.

Currently, I am just interested in playing The Sims 4, because I have a SimSelf family, and I want to play this family according to my real life and see how close I get.

I hear that EA is actually working on The Sims 5 at the moment, and while it is rumored that the game may be multi-player, I want some real official data, not rumors. Personally, I think The Sims 5 should have a personality system with more autonomous or personality-exclusive interactions. Maybe bring back the memory system and gossips from The Sims 2. The Story Album from TS2 days is my favorite aspect of the franchise, and I really hope that this is brought back in The Sims 5. Otherwise, I'd rather stick with The Sims 2. It's the only game in the entire franchise with the Story Album. I also like how TS2's chemistry/romance/dating system. The date can actually fail, and Sims with low chemistry for each other will find it very hard to progress further in the relationship. Very realistic for a Life Simulator, and a big improvement from The Sims 2 Base Game.
  • LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    The Sims 4 is already perfect for me. Id like them to continue for many more years adding more expansions
    I think TS4 is the last "traditional" Sims game. And I want them to release cars, open school and hotels for TS4 while it's still possible. Because I feel like TS5 might be good but it will not be a game for me, so I'm stuck with TS2&4.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    The Sims 5 could be better if they add open world, color wheel, CAW, (sims 3 ideas)
    It's a possibility that all those data they gathered in the survey is actually not for TS4, but for them developing TS5
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Yes, i feel it can. Sims 4 is already so outdated and hopeless in some areas like not being able to edit worlds which is a limitation i strongly despise in this iteration, so backwards and aweful. I regret that we have to stick with the most uneditable worlds for so long, i am totally ready to move on to something much better and not so pitifully limited.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    yes if its 1 not link to origin and 2 not install on one drive
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • UrbzieUrbzie Posts: 5 New Member
    I would love more customizability, as a builder I like to create worlds, environments, houses. Would love sims 5 to have more options here. And in the worlds I create its important that it was possible to make them feel alive, with social groups, functioning stores, inhabitants, water, animals, cars aso. I for one don´t get the hatred a lot of people here show for The Sims 4, it looks so much better than the previous games and feels more alive than previous ones in some areas and fall short in others areas. But there is not anything that would bring me back to sims 3, sims 2 or sims 1 because the improvements in sims 4 is so good that it outweighs the cons. I get that buying all packs is crazy expensive, I do not like that, but I´m not sure how else they should do it. I wouldn´t want a game like WoW or LoL that feeds on peoples addictions in very direct ways. And I for one do not want multiplayer in a Sims 5 because I think the limits this would create would outweigh the positives for me.
  • Sakia90Sakia90 Posts: 46 Member
    edited November 2020
    Urbzie wrote: »
    I would love more customizability, as a builder I like to create worlds, environments, houses. Would love sims 5 to have more options here. And in the worlds I create its important that it was possible to make them feel alive, with social groups, functioning stores, inhabitants, water, animals, cars aso. I for one don´t get the hatred a lot of people here show for The Sims 4, it looks so much better than the previous games and feels more alive than previous ones in some areas and fall short in others areas. But there is not anything that would bring me back to sims 3, sims 2 or sims 1 because the improvements in sims 4 is so good that it outweighs the cons. I get that buying all packs is crazy expensive, I do not like that, but I´m not sure how else they should do it. I wouldn´t want a game like WoW or LoL that feeds on peoples addictions in very direct ways. And I for one do not want multiplayer in a Sims 5 because I think the limits this would create would outweigh the positives for me.

This is why...where it falls short on are usually huge things for some people (such as the sims themselves...the sims in Sims 4 does not feel as alive as the previous games...they're almost like dolls). You yourself said you are a builder, and Sims 4 does have the best build mode. And maybe you like the gameplay, but it falls short for some people in that department. You also cannot edit or make your own worlds (which is an important feature to me). Also graphics aren't enough...I personally prioritize gameplay. A game can be pretty all day but if the gameplay is bad to me I won't play.