Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So the Crashing issue won't be fixed until nov 20th...

So I thought I was the only one, until I log in one day and see a message pop up from EA stating that they are aware of the crashing and are investigating and won't have a fix until the next patch which will be the 20th, ugh and sigh. If I see a post here saying that you've been playing the game without any issue, give me your pc! lol, :P

Comments

• Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    You can always do some Create A Sim or building stuff on lots - that one seems not to crash. At least for me
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    That's dissapointing. Insane. Crazy. Unbelievable.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    what seems to have helped for me was turning off the sound from within Origin and then playing offline. From what I've seen, the sound seems to be more key to whatever the problem is than playing offline

It's also definitely tied to Life Mode, as I can build to my heart's content without crashes.
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    edited December 2020
    A more pressing issue is the fact that club outfits aren't working and the Gurus have not acknowledged if a fix is coming or not for that *snip*

(CM: Please don't mass tag per the forum rules)
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020
    It's not a solution but if you have any sort of antivirus whitelist the Sims 4 as some players have found that causes issues, also run a cleardown on your PC as that helps. I was getting 5 crashes every day and after doing those today it's been running smoothly pretty much all day

Trimoth wrote: »
    A more pressing issue is the fact that club outfits aren't working and the Gurus have not acknowledged if a fix is coming or not for that *snip*

Not to be rude but I think the game crashing on a regular basis for most users is more important than club uniforms, but if you haven't already make sure to make a post on answers hq as that's where they look for bug reports not the forums. It's quite a small issue that doesn't affect most users though so honestly don't expect a quick fix
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    It didn’t say the 20th on the pop up exactly it said the week of the 20th. They probably put that date for week of as a possible placeholder while they try to nail down the issue so people don’t freak out if it doesn’t come by a certain day next week.

Just had my first crash after playing for days and hours at a time just because I took a screenshot. So I pray for a quick fix soon. Fingers crossed it was a fluke
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I've just had three crashes in ten minutes of game play. yesterday the game just closed, today one sim will be repeating whet they were doing, like forever in the shower, or standing at the sink wondering what to do next, while the other is frozen, and the clock time has stopped, I can also access buy mode but the moving sim still moves and anything bought disappears in live mode. and the only way to close the game is shut off my computer. I will try in off line mode. also my sound keeps going off.
  • Options
    ok but how do I play in offline mode, when the play button isnt accessible when off line??
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    I've had three crashes today. One was in build mode. The other two the sound cut out. Funny enough I was able to save. I saved right after it happened and it saved but then it crashed. I know it was suggested to play without sound but that makes me sad. I'd really rather not play if I can't have sound.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    My game crashes without the sound too, I play on the PS4, so they have acknowledged that the PS4 is the most iffy of the platforms.
  • Options
    ok I turned my internet off on my comp, and played. all of a sim sleep cycle. and it froze again, tap still broken and she's left on the loo peeing. lol but this is getting annoying.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I found that saving periodically keeps the game going with and without sound on. I was playing with sound on yesterday and about every few seconds I would constantly save though it was lagging like it was about to crash but corrected itself.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    I used the “nosound” command in Origin that SimGuruNick suggested, and my game is still crashing. Beyond frustrated, as I preordered the pack like BooBoo the Fool and I can’t even play it.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • Options
    The only other thing I can suggest that might help PC/Mac players is to minimize the amount of stuff you have going on in the background.

I normally leave Facebook open, for example, but since FB's latest update it's become a major memory hog (at least on Firefox) so I had that closed. I did have Firefox up, but mostly so that if/when it crashed, I could report what I was doing at the time and see if anything helped to sort out what caused said crash. Except it didn't crash, and I ended up with a 7-hour play session... And I still had Thunderbird, Discord, and Spotify open (though I wasn't playing anything on Spotify at the time. I'd just neglected to close it.)

I'd also done a repair on Microsoft C++ 2015-2019 earlier in the day.

I also did save often - like every time something major happened or even just when I thought about it - and I had a few points where it lagged to the point I thought it was going to crash but didn't.

But basically, I freed up as much memory as possible for the game to use, and I'm not using mods until after next week's hotfix patch.

I did read something about lowering your audio quality to low, which I may experiment with as well.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited November 2020
    I haven’t opened my game in a couple of weeks. I was excited about the new patch but, I believe I will wait till the crashing is fixed before getting into it as it automatically updates, and wait to buy snowy escape too. With all the bugs this game is getting ( and I play vanilla ), and own all packs so far except JTB and the new Snowy Escape, which I plan on getting at some point, but all the bugs are literally begginning to bug me. I think they should thinking of bringing out sims 5 soon....
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    The only other thing I can suggest that might help PC/Mac players is to minimize the amount of stuff you have going on in the background.

I normally leave Facebook open, for example, but since FB's latest update it's become a major memory hog (at least on Firefox) so I had that closed. I did have Firefox up, but mostly so that if/when it crashed, I could report what I was doing at the time and see if anything helped to sort out what caused said crash. Except it didn't crash, and I ended up with a 7-hour play session... And I still had Thunderbird, Discord, and Spotify open (though I wasn't playing anything on Spotify at the time. I'd just neglected to close it.)

I also did save often - like every time something major happened or even just when I thought about it - and I had a few points where it lagged to the point I thought it was going to crash but didn't.

But basically, I freed up as much memory as possible for the game to use, and I'm not using mods until after next week's hotfix patch.

I did read something about lowering your audio quality to low, which I may experiment with as well.

Lol, I have something like 60 tabs open on google chrome and played without any issues for several hours. I did save like maybe every hour, but it played just fine, until it eventually crashed. :smiley:
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited November 2020
    What a disaster. A total shambles.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Lol, I have something like 60 tabs open on google chrome and played without any issues for several hours. I did save like maybe every hour, but it played just fine, until it eventually crashed. :smiley:

I'm trying to help other people who are having crashing issues after 5-30 minutes of play in Live mode. If you don't have this problem, then, of course, my advice won't work for you.
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    So I thought I was the only one, until I log in one day and see a message pop up from EA stating that they are aware of the crashing and are investigating and won't have a fix until the next patch which will be the 20th, ugh and sigh. If I see a post here saying that you've been playing the game without any issue, give me your pc! lol, :P

I played yesterday without any issues, but today My sims went to a Diner Lot to eat and I clicked on a light to "turn on this light" and got the loud electronic beep, after that it was beeping and popping so I shut it down, just as the screen froze. The beep sounds like the old sound effect from Pong on Attari. Not a good sound at all. I had no issue's on any other lot. Something about Dine out set if off. Now I cant get back in. Also as a side note to EA.. I hate the new Your sim is Sad because someone they are close to is Sad. It is a never ending cycle because then Your other Sim gets sad all over again because they made the other sim sad. PLEASE..FOR THE LOVE OF OUR SIMS..REMOVE THIS UPDATE!
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    After waiting until this weekend to download the patch and spending about 2 hours updating all my mods I go into a completely new save only to find I cant enter build mode. Ha!! Oh well, I guess tomorrow I'll be taking out all my mods and seeing if it works vanilla.

Pretty ridiculous however when you need a patch to fix a patch.

At least I have Eivor and raiding to keep me busy while we wait for them to clear this mess up.
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    edited December 2020
    Trimoth wrote: »

Club outfits have always been hit or miss. I think it has something to do with the dress code of where they are at also. If You are somewhere that is set for party clothes that will override club outfits. I had a club for a long time that never wore there outfits no matter what I did. I kind of just gave up on that part of clubs.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My game hasn’t crashed today so far but my sims returned to their home lot. It was crashing when they were on vacation in Mt. Komorebi.
  • Options
    spend4zen wrote: »

I played yesterday without any issues, but today My sims went to a Diner Lot to eat and I clicked on a light to "turn on this light" and got the loud electronic beep, after that it was beeping and popping so I shut it down, just as the screen froze. The beep sounds like the old sound effect from Pong on Attari. Not a good sound at all. I had no issue's on any other lot. Something about Dine out set if off. Now I cant get back in. Also as a side note to EA.. I hate the new Your sim is Sad because someone they are close to is Sad. It is a never ending cycle because then Your other Sim gets sad all over again because they made the other sim sad. PLEASE..FOR THE LOVE OF OUR SIMS..REMOVE THIS UPDATE!

I had a beeping sound yesterday before my game crashed, froze first then I had to turn of my comp because my game wouldn't shut down. No beeping today. Also I don't have anything going on in the background either.