Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Washing Dishes Is Still An Issue?

Before the patch, my sims washed dishes in the kitchen sink. Now, after the patch that fixed a problem I don't have, my sims journey to the bathroom (pun intended) to wash the dishes in the sink farthest away. Anyone else still having dish washing problems?

Comments

• SantiagoWittSantiagoWitt Posts: 40 Member
    My Sims have always washed dishes in the bathroom sink, and they continued to do so after the patch. So disappointed. Immediately took all the sinks out of the bathrooms again 😟
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    It seems it’s still an issue.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Still an issue, but now it's even more annoying, usually they go to the nearest bathroom from where they ate their meal now they choose the farthest one.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • TashiTashi Posts: 46 Member
    Definitely still an issue for me and with some families with eat-in kitchens they make a special effort to go to a sink on the 2nd floor, far end of the house.
    Anybody know if the don’t wash dishes mod still works?
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Taken last night

0PcpBY8.png
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    In my game it doesn't happen as often as it used to and I notice that it happens when more than one Sim is cleaning up and the dishwasher is in use or I don't have one.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I just patched my game and got the pack installed tonight....
    • Vanilla game
    • New TS4 Folder generated
    • No Mods
    • No CC
    • New Game

My girl washed dishes in the kitchen sink both times she cleaned up, but after using the restroom she went into the kitchen to wash her hands, go figure! lol
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    They did say the patch was not retroactive.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

It does, I reinstalled the latest version.
    CelSims wrote: »

Thank you. I can't deal with bad autonomy it drives me crazy. :D
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    They did say the patch was not retroactive.

This. Are those who are still experiencing this issue on already existing saves or brand new saves?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    I'm actually not experiencing it in my game in a long term existing save.

I thought I was having issues with it when my sims were on vacation in Mt. Komorebi in one of the new rental lots that shipped with the game but it turned out the creator had placed the kitchen sink in an unreachable spot. Something was blocking my sims from accessing it so they were using the bathroom sink instead. I fixed the problem by moving the sink.
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    My sims are still using the bathroom sink for dishes. Not to go OT too much but gardening still seems to be bugged as well. After playing for about a sim week or 2, some of plants have reverted back to a lump of dirt. I’m playing a new save by the way.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    New saves or old saves, still an issue, it seems that coding of using sink automatically is telling the sims to use one that are in the other room, my sims take a poop in a bathroom and they wash their hands after in the other bathroom, if i separated the toilet in its own room inside, they will use the sink in the current bathroom but if they happen in the same room they will use the sink that are located elsewhere.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

Thank you. I can't deal with bad autonomy it drives me crazy. :D

Same Im barely coping without all my Bienchen mods to stop the constant running to the pc or playing with the phone. Ive spent a good chunk of my time in MCCC tuner blocking stuff lol.

If you dont already use it, No autonomous drinking water by Claudia is awesome.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I played for a short time after the new update, but I noticed that in most cases my sim went to wash them in the kitchen sink, only when someone else was there washing already they went to the other sink in the bathroom.
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    I didn't believe them and left the mod in, one of the bathroom sinks was enabled for washing (along with the kitchen sink, new house that I hadn't tweaked) sims still tried to use it until I turned it off, so yeah, leaving the mod in!
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I have a sunken kitchen and my sims usually wash the dishes in the kitchen sink now or the dishwasher. sometimes they gather the dirty dishes and put them in a pile on the kitchen table. in houses with a normal kitchen they still go to the bathroom to wash their dishes.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Your sims wash the dishes? Mine just leave them everywhere and expected me to drag the plates to the trashcan for them...
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @MichelleW Odds are you have stuff above sinks.

FWIW, Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop is still available at scumbumbomods.com. Not fully tested yet for the patch, though.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    they washed them in the kitchen sink a few times, but now they go to the bathroom to wash dishes again, too.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Before the patch, my sims washed dishes in the kitchen sink. Now, after the patch that fixed a problem I don't have, my sims journey to the bathroom (pun intended) to wash the dishes in the sink farthest away. Anyone else still having dish washing problems?

I was having that problem before. Now it is fixed for me ... so far. I put dishwashers in my homes though so they do use those a lot.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I was able to find some spare time to take a look at SE and the update notes last night, and was quite happy about all the 'fixes' that were listed. Still haven't updated because with a list of that size, I was afraid only a few of those would turn out to be real ones. Seems I was justified in feeling a bit suspicious because the fixes I really wanted aren't in this newest update or simply do not work. Now, tell me again why I should buy this new pack, EA, when the teams can't manage to fix the bugs from EL, or even from packs we bought years ago? As much I want to play around with SE and the new features included in the update, this is, once again, a pack I will not be buying until it goes on sale. The gardening bug is especially annoying because it is one of my favorite features in the game. The way our Sims navigate to the furthest room from the dining room table to wash dishes is so stupid, I have to turn off autonomy for all my Sims, and I probably miss a lot of cute interactions because of that. Some of the best Sim to Sim interactions don't happen if autonomy is turned off. Yet the most annoying and dumb ones happen over and over in spite of turning free will off. And with everything that is happening with COVID, missing out on spending the holidays with my family and spending weeks working on an election with more work ahead, I just can't get into fixing my game right now by looking for new fixes for new problems. Come on, EA. Let's get real here. Fixing issues on our own, with little relief coming in the form of true fixes, is not considered new content in my book. It's just a huge annoyance none of us needs right now.
    I just want to say that this is not being an issue for me since moving shelves from over the top of the kitchen sink. My sims are now washing their dishes in the kitchen sink almost every time.