Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues after patch.

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    edited November 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Happy to see they've finally sent out a comms about this on the forum though:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983645/crashing-with-the-november-10-update

Except I don't have the feeling all my issues are related to sound .. :( But I'll give it a try

That's really interesting. I noticed some audio problems in my game so I'm not surprised if it's related. Can't decide if I want to play without sound though :D
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    Happy to see they've finally sent out a comms about this on the forum though:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983645/crashing-with-the-november-10-update

Except I don't have the feeling all my issues are related to sound .. :( But I'll give it a try

That's really interesting. I noticed some audio problems in my game so I'm not surprised if it's related. Can't decide if I want to play without sound though :D

Nâh me neither, playing without sound is plum :( Repairing my game for the 20th time now, then I will try once without sound, see if it helps. If it crashes, I'll be downstairs playing something else. I've had enough of this lol
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,986 Member
    @SimTrippy , not sure was it you or someone else, who made the reference of Groundhog Day , but I'll most likely patch and dl SE tonight.. maybe I have to make a sim who looks like Bill Murray to test it :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @SimTrippy , not sure was it you or someone else, who made the reference of Groundhog Day , but I'll most likely patch and dl SE tonight.. maybe I have to make a sim who looks like Bill Murray to test it :D

Yes that was me :joy: Still feels like that because every time I load that lot there she is, my toddler, standing next to her bad about to pass out, mom going to sleep and the butler texting in the basement instead of hibernating in his designated coffin!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited November 2020
    Sadly, after playing for an hour, my game screwed up! The clock froze and so did the sims. I could regain control by toggling build mode and live mode but in the end, it froze completely.

I made a note of more differences in gameplay...
    • A sim autonomously upgraded the washing machine - a first!
    • Dogs cannot eat homestyle recipes.
    • Father Winter no-showed on Christmas Day.
    • Money tree reverted back to plant.

I think I'll give this game a swerve for now. Hopefully they can fix it soon.
    Post edited by calaprfy on
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I had issues after the patch myself. The game sound was skipping every 15 minutes during game play and it would crash in between 15-40 minutes.
    If you repair your game you should be fine but, if you use mods, drag your mods folder to your desk top before you repair the game then place the mods folder back in the sims 4 files.
    If you still have issues, drag the whole sims 4 file to your desktop and repair again then place the sims 4 folder back into it's respective folder.
    Hope it helps ya.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    Flewing wrote: »
    I can't place certain objects such as beds or counters... Anyone else have this problem?
    It says there's something wrong with the scriptfile or whatever...

Do you use mods? There’s a mod we can’t mention on the forums that starts with B, and it was causing issues like this. It has been updated, though.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • Options
    Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    I was just able to play the game by going in Offline mode in Origin! I've done all the other fixes that other simmers have suggested but nothing worked. All updates to Windows, drivers, Visual C++, etc. I did not do the one mentioned this morning about turning off sound in Origin. Since the patch I could only play for 5 minutes, game would freeze and I'd have to shut down my computer to get out of it. I just played for about 45 minutes! Game was a little buggy but no freezing. Had a child age up but "Blow out Candles" didn't age her up but "Make a Wish" did. Also Mom would cook and leave things in the oven. I've never had patch issues before, I hope this helps someone else! I may buy SE later today if I can continue to play offline with minimal issues. This has been so frustrating and sad. I hope you all can find a way to play as well!!
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited November 2020
    game suddenly shutting down causing me to lose all my progress, sound issues which are eerily familiar...? i applaud EA for yet another gamebreaking patch.... you guys DO realize patches are supposed to FIX issues, and not adding even MORE to the game right?
  • Options
    Okay so update 55 of potential fixes that work for now but probably won't last lol. I did just manage to play for almost 2 hours without crashes. Now my sound did go away at the end of it, BUT during those two hours I played, my sims actually behave somewhat normal again. I even took them to a restaurant and no unusual bugginess occured.

Here's what I did (might not be related at all xD):
    - Went to this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/search.aspx?q=redistributable+package.
    - Donwloaded DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

Why? Honestly I don't know. I just typed visual c++ redistributable into Google, went to the page since it was titled "Visual C++ Redistributable Packages", knew I couldn't donwload the c++ thingy because it's already the most recent version (which is what it tells me when I download it), so I thought plum it. Let's download that too :joy: It installed, I repaired my game and it worked pretty okay!

Then I went to make a sandwich and when I came back the sound was gone so I'm restarting now but still .. it was nice to play for more than half an hour or so without crashing xD Knock on wood though, coz I'm not sure trial 2 will fare as well.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    Uhm... something unexpected just happened on my silent lot. It started to rain and a plant disappeared, as if it was harvested. I checked the planter box and it is a Chrysanthemum. It is 12:35 PM, and Fall (in season) so I don't quite get why the plant was technically reset without any sim harvesting or even being close to. Then I recalled this lot has a few Chrysanthemums in vertical planters, and I am 100% sure they were blooming this morning. Right -now they were reset too... Was it the rain?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited November 2020
    I just read the work-around for those with crashing and it is to turn your sound off completely. Now my sound on my laptop hasn't worked in years and I don't ever use it so I did not get it fixed. Go figure it would work out to be a good thing! :o
    Post edited by catmando830 on
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Bird166 wrote: »
    I was just able to play the game by going in Offline mode in Origin! I've done all the other fixes that other simmers have suggested but nothing worked. All updates to Windows, drivers, Visual C++, etc. I did not do the one mentioned this morning about turning off sound in Origin. Since the patch I could only play for 5 minutes, game would freeze and I'd have to shut down my computer to get out of it. I just played for about 45 minutes! Game was a little buggy but no freezing. Had a child age up but "Blow out Candles" didn't age her up but "Make a Wish" did. Also Mom would cook and leave things in the oven. I've never had patch issues before, I hope this helps someone else! I may buy SE later today if I can continue to play offline with minimal issues. This has been so frustrating and sad. I hope you all can find a way to play as well!!

I was thinking since you were able to play offline, should I go ahead and download the patch and my new ep to see if I have issues and if I do, just play offline? I am worried that if I download patch and ep that for some reason if I go offline it still won't work. What do you and others think I should do? I don't want to play without sound, so would prefer not to use that temp. fix. Thanks
  • Options
    Tbh I'm starting to think that my very new save got corrupted somehow. Played in another, much older save, and it didn't crash whatsoever. Also had none of the other issues. Tried the save I made for this pack again, crashed right away. So I copied the family, put them in the same house in a new save, works perfectly fine. At this point I'm wondering if something about the patch corrupted our current saves lol. Dunno if this works for anyone else, but it's worth a try :)
  • Options
    Tbh I'm starting to think that my very new save got corrupted somehow. Played in another, much older save, and it didn't crash whatsoever. Also had none of the other issues. Tried the save I made for this pack again, crashed right away. So I copied the family, put them in the same house in a new save, works perfectly fine. At this point I'm wondering if something about the patch corrupted our current saves lol. Dunno if this works for anyone else, but it's worth a try :)

I will have to test your theory out tonight as I'm one of the fortunate who has had no issues so far. I've only been playing saves I made prior to patch. I'll have to make a new save and see what happens.

I have not downloaded my SE yet, so I'll test the new save before I do. Also, I still have not put my mod folder back in, but I only have the one to keep Vlad away.
  • Options
    suetoopsuetoop Posts: 35 Member
    My game seems to be running smoothly since the update, but I find that clicking the button to have them take care of their needs no longer works. Has anyone else noticed this?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member

I'm playing my regular save, and it seems to run just fine now that I unabled the sound in Origin. It used to crash, also after updating Windows.

I hate playing my game with no sounds, they are so essential to environment and feel of a busy home. The only aspect that benefits from this awkward silence is when in CAS and everyone are shutting up, LOL. Yes, elders and vampires, I'm looking at you!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    Ugh...unfortunately I have run into the game crashing bug. Thankfully, it only seems to crash around the 2 hour mark, but it was definitely a shock to lose 2 hours worth of progress!
    (Totally my fault, I am horrible about saving consistently!)
  • Options
    candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    suetoop wrote: »
    My game seems to be running smoothly since the update, but I find that clicking the button to have them take care of their needs no longer works. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes same here.
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Ugh...unfortunately I have run into the game crashing bug. Thankfully, it only seems to crash around the 2 hour mark, but it was definitely a shock to lose 2 hours worth of progress!
    (Totally my fault, I am horrible about saving consistently!)

I save at least once every sim day. Sims 3 taught me that.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    suetoop wrote: »

Yes, but only sometimes. I haven't figured out what situations cause it to stop working.
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    My game has crashed twice, I do not have the new pack but I did allow origin to download the patch..it crashed once while building, then it crashed while in game play, and closed out the game.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    When are they going to fix it! It’s been days now and still no news even?
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    My game would randomly crash without any error messages. I tried repairing the game but that didn't work. Updated my mods but that didn't seem to be an issue.

I read a suggestion to play in offline mode so I did. My game haven't crashed for an hour which is a good sign. Or maybe I was lucky.
  • Options
    EdithV wrote: »
    When are they going to fix it! It’s been days now and still no news even?

Look here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983645/crashing-with-the-november-10-update