Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Constant Sad Mood

I just wondered if anyone else was having their sims with a constant sad mood while on holiday at the snowy escape world

There is no explanation why , it just says sad all the time

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited November 2020
    I haven't had my first snowy vacation, yet, but I will give it a go and if I'm having the same or a similar response, I'll post it back here. :) Could be they're just flat out cold. I get on the morose side when I'm cold. I'm cold right now. Whooping 28 degrees F, here.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    lots of people get sad on cold days, you should've took your sims to sulani
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    This is happening to me too, no reason for it, just sad all the time.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yep last night while I was playing my Sims were sad a lot. Sad from being bad at winter sports. I think the issue is shared sadness. One sim got sad and it spread through my family like wildfire cause they were all sharing in the sadness. I would say this sentiment is a little over powered at the moment.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Yep last night while I was playing my Sims were sad a lot. Sad from being bad at winter sports. I think the issue is shared sadness. One sim got sad and it spread through my family like wildfire cause they were all sharing in the sadness. I would say this sentiment is a little over powered at the moment.

I have to agree with this statement, the sadness in the family is too strong. The only way my couple get happy again is woo hoo.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I like the shared sadness, but this is probably going to be an unpopular opinion. As the old saying goes, "If mama's not happy, ain't nobody happy." When a member of my family irl is upset, generally the mood of the house is somber. There's no one smiling and going about life like everything is fine.

Now for my constructive criticism: I wish moodlets like this mentioned WHO in the family is the root cause of it. Instead, I have to go on a hunting expedition to find out how every single family member is feeling. Was it grandma who got sad reminiscing in her rocking chair? Is it the teen about to pee his pants? As a player of big families.... I kinda need more to go on.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    The sadness is really starting to be depressing. I’m playing for the second day and sims are sad everywhere. Even the townies look sad.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yes - my poor sims are miserable on their vacation. Comes from them not being good at skiing, snow boarding, rock climbing right away and the shared sadness sentiment. That was bad enough, but then the child in the family decides he has to be a bear so he is constantly sad because he can't wear his bear costume because he has to have winter wear on and that spreads to everyone through the shared sadness - sigh.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I know not being good a snow sports right off the train could be a little disappointing, but my sims are almost morose. I tried to boost their spirits, even took them back the the bathhouse to relax and reflect, but no go. Sad, sad, sad. It's very disheartening. Now I have a SAD moodlet.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    My Sim is living in a dorm, and everyone living there is crying all the time. It’s causing my Sim to do poorly, since she’s always “too sad to do that now” :|
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    My human sim family had a little bit of sadness when they failed at the sports but it was overshadowed by happiness from everything else. My super sims brothers have been nothing but happy, inspired and energetic.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I’m convinced that the shared sadness sentiment is getting them all in an endless loop of sadness. As long as a sim is around another sim that is sad then the sadness spreads and since they all get sad at different times it just keeps going though all the sims in close proximity to each other.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I just think it's a little weird, that they get sad from not being good at skiing/snowboarding.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Echo17121Echo17121 Posts: 88 Member
    The grandfather in my legacy family died and the sadness was intense! I did install Meaningful Stories which I've never used before but they were sad for 8 plus days. I've never had so many Sims sobbing in their beds! The shared sadness started to tack onto that and made it worse for sure.
    I don't think they were this sad as long when the grandmother died.
  • Options
    pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    Same here. My sims get sad over absolutely anything and nothing. If the fall when skiing, if they see somebody else sad or if the eat bad food. Say something and they get sad. Even their cats and dogs are sad all the time. Think it has to do with the new sentiments? I hope we get a fix for this soon enough.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think ideally players could be able to indicate somehow if they want their sims to generally be happier or to experience more negative moods. There are players who play very differently, I think.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’ve pushed through the initial skiing/snowboarding sadness by taking moodlet solver potions or confident/other emotion potions that will overpower the sadness for a few hours. Once they hit level 3 they get new gear in their inventory that helps them perform better and they tend to get better moodlets.

There have been a few moments where someone is sad, but they don’t show a sad moodlet. That’s definitely a bug. If I have them cry it out or have another sim cheer them up, it does go away.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    I have sent my sims to the mirror to do the interaction to buck their mood up , but no sooner do they walk away from the mirror happy than it returns ,
    What with that and the constant random crashing to desktop i have lost all interest in playing the sims for now
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I think it would drive me nuts if my sims were sad the entire time I sent them on a vacation which should be a fun time for all. Yet again, the devs miss the mark on a snowy (what should be fun-filled) escape. But again, traits don''t matter. It's just one blanket mood for all that they code in to the game.

Hopefully they fix it so it's not just sad moodlets they get. Active, outgoing, loves the outdoors, sims should be invigorated/energized on the slopes regardless if they fall a few times.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited November 2020
    the sad is over shadowed by the happy buff for me all most all ways
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    the sad is over shadowed by the happy buff for me all most all ways
    It should, but in my experience (in a dorm) it seems to be stacking. My Sim is getting shared sadness from her best friend, sister, and boyfriend, all of whom live with her. It just goes in circles, so she can’t get anything done unless I have her travel away from them. It’s hard to get rid of especially since two of the Sims are NPC’s.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I am sorry but I don't understand why sims are even sad in the first place because they are not good at sports. I can see an active sim not being happy about it but EVERY sim getting sad because they are not good at winter sports. Clumsy sims should find it funny when they fail. Snobs and proper sims should be embarrassed. Slobs shouldn't care, etc Cheerful sims should have a good time no matter what. This to me is where they fail with uniqueness. Emotions should be driven by traits.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I am sorry but I don't understand why sims are even sad in the first place because they are not good at sports. I can see an active sim not being happy about it but EVERY sim getting sad because they are not good at winter sports. Clumsy sims should find it funny when they fail. Snobs and proper sims should be embarrassed. Slobs shouldn't care, etc Cheerful sims should have a good time no matter what. This to me is where they fail with uniqueness. Emotions should be driven by traits.

Exactly!

• Options
    heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Sad and bored all the time ever since the patch
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm having something similar, my sims become sad sometimes during the vacations. There is no moodlet telling why, but i used some cheats to see all hidden moodlets, and there is a hidden one saying "missing home". So, if someone have sad sims whith no explanation during vacation, probably this "missing home" hidden moodlet is the cause.

And if i get ride of the hidden moodlet with cheat, the sim become happy instantly