Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Snowy Escape Rating!

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m not going to officially vote since I barely scratched the surface of the pack. But so far I’ve had a sentiment, which works great I might add, built a house and placed it in the new world, and have gone on a hike. So far so good, I’m looking forward to discovering more things, but I’m going slow because of my storyline.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I like that my sims can feel empathy for other sims their close to. I like the clothes though it would have been nice to have a few more. The children's toys showed there was new content but there wasn't. and the new beds are cheap and uncomfortable. i wont be buying them. Love the new work tops, somewhere to store my snow globes. and I love the new shower. I was disappointed with the light festival, maybe I left too soon. and my sims enjoyed the walking together. Love the scenery but too many facade buildings. On the whole I am enjoying it.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I was expecting a 9 or 10 and got a 3 instead. It completely ruins my storytelling.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I was expecting a 9 or 10 and got a 3 instead. It completely ruins my storytelling.

But why? In what way? Was it the child that froze to death on the bunny slopes?
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I bought this pack for the build buy and having read that a treadmill can be used for rock climbing experience.
    I can't find a treadmill that says it increases rock climbing skill. The only wallpaper that has a new look to it is the tile. The price is costly for bb so I gave it a 1.

Treadmills do not increase rock climbing skill; that would be ridiculous. The rock climbing wall increases it.

Like I said it's what I read in the subtitles. There's no need to call me ridiculous because I gave the game rating a 1. Just move on, there's bigger things in life than being upset over me giving the EP a 1. My 1 rating is not going to effect anyone deciding whether or not to buy the game, I'm the only one that rated it that low.

I'm also right in giving my opinion that $40 is too high of a price for the bb. It's my opinion, I have the right to it the same way you have the right to yours.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm holding off until I start a new game and play at least a couple of hours. Based on CAS and Build/Buy alone I'll say it's favorable.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited November 2020
    I would have enjoyed it far better, if my Sims could have found a better way to navigate the town. I wanted to send my couple to onsen after they played at skiing and snowboarding on the Bunny Slope. Yeah, they're both rather green at it and she wiped out more than once. They both ended up achy and sore. A nice dip in the therapeutic hot springs water would have done them both a world of good. Instead I had him send everyone home (their rental unit was overrun with fans and Paparazzi) and then I took the family back home. To a thunderstorm in Windenburg. And he had to go right back to work, too. :open_mouth: Other than that, (and I'll either wait until the tots age into child or send the couple by themselves next time) it was fun. Maybe the trick would be to have them rent a place near onsen?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I don't have the EP yet but sneakily stalking this thread....don't mind me :sunglasses:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited November 2020

I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but I feel like the sims are too autonomous now. I’m a storyteller and I generally guide my sims through their lives the way I want them to go. Now, they’ve gained too much independence, to the point that it feels more like an ant farm than a storytelling game. I’m okay with them being autonomous because it gives me ideas for the story, but now they keep tearing the story into an entirely different direction, which a lot of people love, but personally, it drives me crazy. (However, this may be because I’m primarily an author rather than a gamer.)
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited November 2020
    I give it a nine because nothing's ever perfect (but this is fairly close) :)
  • Options
    PlatinumblondePlatinumblonde Posts: 28 Member
    I gave it a 8.
    It's definitely one of the better expansion packs, there's not much to dislike here except for some of the hairstyles maybe.
    I really love the world and I'm very happy that they decided to let Deli, James, lilsimsie and Simlicy build the lots.
    It really shows, these are some of the best looking houses in the entire game.
    I would've giving it a higher score if not for the fact that my sims were often sad for various reasons and because of how the new sentiments system works, if one was sad the others in the family started to feel sad also.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    I think it is so lovely. I played a family of two sisters, hanging out and partying with eachother, and one got the 'adoring' sentiment towards the other; it really was adorable. And that they are not reciprocal makes it more interesting to interact with other sims and makes their relations a little more dynamic.

I have tried out the plattforms, and read about them, and I think I will have a lot of fun with them in almost every build, they seem very versatile.

I'm testing a new save, and a new sim living in Mount Komorebi. The Hot Pot is such a good way of gathering sims for a social meal, I've longed for this. And the scenery is beautiful of course, everything in the game is. I like all the BB objects, the shower looks so homey, the fire places so real, and the cat calligraphy makes me want to giggle whether I do it or not. The furniture's stream lined simplicity goes well with my scandinavian inclination for light wood and clean lines..

I really like that the world, besides what I can build on the editable lots, is so full of activities and interactive objects. And the trait Proper has created good immersion so far, I want my sims to be polite and correct and not always just silly.
  • Options
    jenpow01jenpow01 Posts: 28 Member
    It's a 10 for me, love everything about it. Best pack yet for Sims 4. The world is beautiful and there is so much to do and it runs without lag. Well done EA. Hope to see more of these type of packs.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member

I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but I feel like the sims are too autonomous now. I’m a storyteller and I generally guide my sims through their lives the way I want them to go. Now, they’ve gained too much independence, to the point that it feels more like an ant farm than a storytelling game. I’m okay with them being autonomous because it gives me ideas for the story, but now they keep tearing the story into an entirely different direction, which a lot of people love, but personally, it drives me crazy. (However, this may be because I’m primarily an author rather than a gamer.)

That's due to Sentiments, a base game update, rather than Snowy Escape.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Rentals are rabbit holes - very disappointing
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited November 2020
    I bought this pack for the build buy and having read that a treadmill can be used for rock climbing experience.
    I can't find a treadmill that says it increases rock climbing skill. The only wallpaper that has a new look to it is the tile. The price is costly for bb so I gave it a 1.

Treadmills do not increase rock climbing skill; that would be ridiculous. The rock climbing wall increases it.

Like I said it's what I read in the subtitles. There's no need to call me ridiculous because I gave the game rating a 1. Just move on, there's bigger things in life than being upset over me giving the EP a 1. My 1 rating is not going to effect anyone deciding whether or not to buy the game, I'm the only one that rated it that low.

I'm also right in giving my opinion that $40 is too high of a price for the bb. It's my opinion, I have the right to it the same way you have the right to yours.

Please, allow me to reiterate how upset I am about your rating and repeat all the many things I said about your opinion of the price: "..."
    Post edited by Simpatsyann on
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I gave it an 8 because this world is beautiful. The BB is AMAZING. The clothing is fun! It's still too soon for my official rating, but it's not going to be any lower than 8, certainly. So far my Sims have skied, snowboarded, sledded, made snowpals, used the vending machine (with losing simoleans but without dying), and explored their rental. Not a whole lot yet, but I love what I've tried.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Was looking forward for this pack, but after playing for two hours I'm already bored.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Solid 8 for me, the world is very nice and I'm so happy about the "normal" windows! I didn't realize it included plain, old normal thin framed windows! Some of the hairs are pretty cute too. Not really digging the white swirly thing when they take off their shoes, that's a little irritating to see, I would have rather they just disappeared. Haven't tried out much yet, just was testing the patch and the world before I dive in, but so far I like it.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I adore the world. It has such great ambience. I am really loving the cross pack functionality so far. My sim got emotional mindfulness from doing fishing and relaxing in the sauna. I love how he also got rock climbing skill from the wall! I've done a little of the snow sports with my one family and have my established families intermingling with the townies to get to know them. I really like the feeling of a different culture in Mt. Komorebi. I absolutely love the fun animation and musical score when you open up a new Simmi toy! My main gripe so far is I found the snow festival to be pretty with the big ice sculptures but uneventful in that it needed more than the snow activities that we already have in Seasons to flesh it out. I wish they at least added new kinds of snowpals or more variety of new items and activities at the snow festival. I haven't seen the other 2 festivals yet. I also thought that as you worked towards lifestyles that the color starts changing in the panel but so far I've gotten notifications that I've reached max points towards lifestyles for the day without any of the lifestyle icons changing colors to let me know which ones it's talking about. I love having goals to work towards in the game and so far it seems like they are a definite challenge to get so that's good. Can't wait to mess around with the pack some more!
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm not sure about sentiments. First I had a brother and sister who got the deeply connected sentiment after she shared stories of personal challenges with him and I thought that was amazing. Then I sent two good friends on vaycay and they did everything together. Skiing, hot pot, relaxing in the onsen and hiking in the bamboo forest. In between they became best friends and fell in love and had their first kiss and nothing. Not a single sentiment between them. So disappointing!

Edit: Feeling stupid, I was only looking at the tab on top of the screen when they were interacting, When I actually went into her sim profile in the relationship panel she had many sentiments about him. Deeply connected, brought together by hot pot meal and played together at the festival of snow. The only sentiment he has is Snowy vacation memories but he is self-absorbed so yeah
    Post edited by deedles64 on
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Rentals are rabbit holes - very disappointing

What do you mean? 🤔
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I would have enjoyed it far better, if my Sims could have found a better way to navigate the town. I wanted to send my couple to onsen after they played at skiing and snowboarding on the Bunny Slope. Yeah, they're both rather green at it and she wiped out more than once. They both ended up achy and sore. A nice dip in the therapeutic hot springs water would have done them both a world of good. Instead I had him send everyone home (their rental unit was overrun with fans and Paparazzi) and then I took the family back home. To a thunderstorm in Windenburg. And he had to go right back to work, too. :open_mouth: Other than that, (and I'll either wait until the tots age into child or send the couple by themselves next time) it was fun. Maybe the trick would be to have them rent a place near onsen?

I say create a luxury rental lot for the celebs and add the private dwelling lot trait. I would add the cool amenities like hot spring, hot pot, the fire place, etc on the rental lot. I am definitely doing that for my celebs.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I'm waiting for my household to become elders then I'll buy it for the new family. Taking 2 300 pounds on vacation is a nightmare.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

:( That is really sad. They should have added a sentiments turn off button. Options are important. I have to say I am happy about the update because I do need my sims to mix it up a bit for entertainment. However, I do understand how things can be intrusive. For instance, I do not want them to ever add story progression because that would be intrusive for me. If they add it, I hope I can turn it off.