Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Batbox Crashing? + Pitchblack apartments?

Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 2
Hi, so it seems whenever I try to clear gossip from all in Belladonna Cove, with the batbox the game will freeze entirely saving like this P6fmwVk.jpeg

It seems the game says I've cleared over 2600 gossips total over my time playing which worries me feeling it may be related, including a Bigfoot Bigfoot gossip (despite never editing or going near anything related to object NPCs)

There's also a strange issue with apartments and the way they work. For example as Tara visitng one of my neighbours has their apartment appear like this buQBrG7.jpg

But then visting the Debateus as anyone else has the apartment appear empty like this jrDqi15.jpg Strangely enough the other apartment thats broken to the Debateus above appears perfectly fine to 47 here.

0GUHBzd.jpg

Does anyone know what can be done about this? I haven't found out about it anywhere else
As a bonus for reading, take a booping Tara
ggVBKxF.png
L9q8VGi.png

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    In all these years I have never used the batbox to clear things like that. I don't know what is wrong with your apartment building. But it might be better if you move out your Sims in the building and bulldoze it. Apartment buildings and AL townies cause a lot of lag in TS2. Even vacant ones.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    In all these years I have never used the batbox to clear things like that. I don't know what is wrong with your apartment building. But it might be better if you move out your Sims in the building and bulldoze it. Apartment buildings and AL townies cause a lot of lag in TS2. Even vacant ones.

The move in/move out worked at last! Had to use boolprop though to get the Debateu's house back up to par while editing back up a lot, but it beats starting it over. I have never noticed lag with apartments in 2 however, although I do mostly just have one or two custom sim per apartment room.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2020
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

The move in/move out worked at last! Had to use boolprop though to get the Debateu's house back up to par while editing back up a lot, but it beats starting it over. I have never noticed lag with apartments in 2 however, although I do mostly just have one or two custom sim per apartment room.

I assume on newer machines built today *unless very low end laptops etc.* many might have forgotten that apartment buildings caused lag when the AL came out unless on a really good gaming machine. It was known to not have any in the hoods setting empty and try to fill them with your own four families instead of having a mix of AL townies and your own. But true, that might not be problem anymore on much better machines today that exceed even the requirements of the time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.