Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~CLOSED~ D.N.A. Request Team S4 - Designing Nature & Architecture Just for You!

Comments

• DarkCynicismDarkCynicism Posts: 2 New Member
    Sim/Household
    Username: DarkCynicism
    Preferred creator*
    Skin color: Caucasian
    Hair color: Dark Brown
    Aspiration​: Any
    ​Bonus Trait: Any
    Traits: Any
    Name desired (optional): Tanya Garvey
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? All, except Journey to Batuu and Snowy Escape
    Link to reference pics (optional): https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/cVKXzaACxvStU58Bi9wdDFRQDa5jdfhzncGH-gfiYrKMygWXlFPkV3sGaInXfpUyd1q0mhaPd2umH5zqQbeiu9uplfFyEKsw-AZpKXXzq1XUpbiZfygnUA3RAm41mp3_JigjRIX2aw
    Is communication required before the creator begins work? Not unless clarification is required
    Additional instructions? Apologies for the poor level of completion, this is both my first submission and first time actually playing S4...
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member

@Kellogg_J_Kellogg Your 1960's Discotheque is complete.

'The Orange Peel'

SLIDESHOW

I did decide to go with a converted factory and kept the outside lower key, compared to discos (or whatever the kids call them now) today, to stay in the spirit of the 60s.

Gdht6NS.png

....but when inside......

HSjXJeC.png

Some of the lighting effects look odd in pictures. My graphics card was having heart failure. I do hope this works for you and doesn't tax yours too badly.

Thank you again, for all of your wonderful input, visualizations and patience. Enjoy!
    edited November 2020
    Disregard
    Post edited by Taoron on
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    Hello @Taoron

Excuse me for a moment whilst I pick my jaw up from the floor....it looks amazing. Thank you for your time, generosity and talent in designing and building it. I'll download it and it'll definitely feature in an upcoming chapter of Sim 66 sooner rather than later. I have something else planned to feature it, but it'll be a surprise.

Thank you once again.

@Kellogg_J_Kellogg I'm thrilled that you like it. I know you had seen some, during the process, but I was hoping those Bathrooms would also be fun. There is a room in the basement, for storage, where I put some items that needed to be on the lot, to complete the fact that it was a Nightclub. LOL I tried to fit tables on the Go-Go platforms, but it felt wrong and they wouldn't fit anyway.

I can't wait to see your next request for that genre. It has been a pleasure.
    Funny you should mention a next request....

I'm toying with some ideas that are specific to the Sixties...one of them being The Playboy Mansion, or something very similar. I was recently watching Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and thinking "yep, the Playboy Mansion scene would be good to recreate".

I watched a long, long documentary on it's history and behind the scenes. There are some really cool features. Some that could never be redone in game, but that would be a massive build and if done right, amazing.
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    The Orange Peel looks fantastic @Taoron love the colourful and lively interiors :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thanks @masajo ! I had a good planner with a wonderful vision to help. =)
    On the Playboy Mansion idea....give me some time to work out what features I think should go into it, where it should go (Probably Oasis Springs) and I'll write up an official request for it.
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,304 Member
    @Taoron cool new Disco. :smile:
    Zpj9msL.png
    @Taoron cool new Disco. :smile:

Thank you ♥
  • Nae87Nae87 Posts: 27 Member
    Residential Lot Request Form

Username: Nae87

Preferred builder* (If none, leave blank):

Type of build (Modern, Traditional, Victorian, Gothic, etc. or leave blank):

Which EPs and SPs do you have? All EPs SPs & GPs

Lot size (dimensions): 64x64

Lot traits: None

Number of bedrooms (No more than 8): 8

Specific instructions on decorating the bedrooms (gender, age, etc.)? 1 "in-law suite" on ground floor, large master with sitting room and large bathroom/walk-in closet on the second floor, 1 toddler room, the remaining 5 bedrooms decorated for ages child to teen.

Number of bathrooms: as many as you feel are appropriate for the size of the home

Favorite color schemes: No favorites as long as nothing clashes

Colors you dislike: Same answer as above

Do you want it furnished and decorated? Thoroughly please.

If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? Brindleton Bay

Link to specific house or plan: None

Special requirements (garden, pool, hot tub, etc.)? I would like the works. This home is going to be for my legacy family. I would like a basement plus 3 floors aboveground, also at least one skill object for each skill in the game. A toddler/child playroom, a teen lounge, office/library, gym, laundry/storage room, a pool/lounge area, lots of outdoor activities. Throw everything at me I have a higher end pc for gaming so don't worry about breaking my game.

Is communication required before the builder begins work? Not required but not unwelcome either

Additional instructions? I suck at decorating and landscaping so go all out as much as you want. I want a very large home that can support multi generational living. Also I love clutter, I don't want a magazine house I want a lived in family home.
  • DNARequestTeamDNARequestTeam Posts: 5,926 Member
    Our thread is up to date.
    SLpPUp.png
  • LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    Username: LillyDove
    Preferred creator* (If none, leave blank):
    Skin color: Any
    Hair color: Any
    Aspiration​: Any
    ​Bonus Trait: Any
    Traits: Any
    Name desired (optional): Any name is good
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? I have most of them, you can use CC
    Link to reference pics (optional): Nope
    Is communication required before the creator begins work? Nope
    Additional instructions? Feel free to use CC, just please make it obtainable.
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • KaztompKaztomp Posts: 519 Member
    I had already posted this in October's closed thread (before I realised it was closed), so I am reposting it here because I owe it to @Simming_Spoonie that everyone sees how truly grateful I am for her brilliant build - and so everyone can have another look at it!
    Kaztomp wrote: »
    @Kaztomp - your build is now available on the gallery here!!

YGmAWhO.jpg
    1m76Exi.jpg

uUIjskV.jpg

I have created an Imgur album for more details here

OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!

Firstly.. I'm so very sorry I'm late checking in and seeing this.. I have no excuse other than I just haven't been here lately.. I'm very sorry @Simming_Spoonie! :'(:'(

Secondly.. OMG! OMG! OMG!

Lastly.. I LOVE IT!! The skate ramp is abso-freaking-lutely AMAZING! The grungy bathroom, the round-a-bout swingy thing.. the weeds, the mess, the glorious grunginess of it ALL!! You are a miracle worker and I will never, ever be able to thank you enough for creating such an AWESOME derelict park!

PS.. Just in case I forgot to mention it - I love your Rundown City Park @Simming_Spoonie!! <3<3<3
    SLpPUp.png
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

'The Orange Peel' is an awesome 1960's Discotheque @Taoron ! It reminds me Sims 3. So cool! Love it <3
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    'The Orange Peel' is an awesome 1960's Discotheque @Taoron ! It reminds me Sims 3. So cool! Love it <3

Awww....Thank you @AIRIS6962
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited November 2020
    Thank you so much for your exceptionally kind words @Kaztomp. I am so very glad that you like it ❤
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    SLpPUp.png
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited November 2020
    Community Lot Request Form
    Username: Bluegayle
    Preferred builder* (If none, leave blank):
    Type of lot restaurant
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? All but Batuu
    Lot size (dimensions): 30X20 or 20 X 15
    Lot traits:
    Public restrooms? Yes & Toddler friendly
    Favorite color schemes: No preference
    Colors you dislike:
    Do you want it furnished and decorated? Yes
    If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? Snowy Escape ( Wakabi District)
    Link to specific building or plan:
    Special requirements: Bicycle Parking
    Is communication required before the builder begins work? Only if have questions. I'm pretty laid back ;) and easy to please.
    Additional instructions? A Japanese style cafe/restaurant. As traditional as possible for tourists.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @Taoron , your Orange Peel 60's disco looks so awesome inside. Love the bathrooms too!
    Thank you @Sandraelle Did you happen to see the video he made? I was sooo excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtFbl5BL3go&amp;list=LL&amp;index=1&amp;t=68s
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    Taoron wrote: »
    Thank you @Sandraelle Did you happen to see the video he made? I was sooo excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtFbl5BL3go&amp;list=LL&amp;index=1&amp;t=68s

Oh wow, that is a really cool video -- Kudos to @Kellogg_J_Kellogg for creating it. I had not heard of that Grateful Dead song before. Thanks for sharing.