Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you had issues with the new patch?

Comments

• Options
    thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    The crashes every 30-45 minutes have been getting on my nerves
  • Options
    vanee4vanee4 Posts: 119 Member
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    I have issues of the game crashing when my sims are traveling or when there are a lot of sims around. It is an old save though, but no mods.

On my laptop I tried to put the MCCC mod back in (updated of course) and when it ran through the sims marrying them off and letting them have children the game went to a loading screen and then somehow added Mayor Whiskers to my household. :smiley: That was the weirdest thing that ever happened to me in the sims.

In this fiel the sentimental also ruined the friendship of my long played sims who are actually bffs. So not to happy about that. Otherwise I love the patch.
  • Options
    ElnVldElnVld Posts: 22 Member
    Yes (not gamebreaking)
    After this patch I can't disable fame in game settings.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    No
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Working fine on Mac laptop.

Actually, I spoke too soon. Since writing this, I have had one crash and several weird bug instances that necessitated either exiting to the main menu or closing the game completely.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    Eh yup, game crashes every 15-45 minutes and it is a real hair puller. Even when following the work around it still crashes.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    No
    So far so good unless you count problems caused by outdated mods. :D
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    My game crashes out of nowhere. Poof. And it is gone.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    SassyEggsSassyEggs Posts: 1 New Member
    So pleased to know that at least I am not the only one whose game is crashing all the time. And annoyed to know the game is so messed up. Do EA usually release a fix quickly when they mess up like this?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    Yes, crashes, sluggishness, etc. Listed a couple of other issues here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17722804#Comment_17722804
  • Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    The only major issue I had was because of one of my mods, so if you have a *ahem* certain adult basemental mod, update that mod before you update the game, otherwise all your counters snd beds will disappear. That was my mistake :D Other than that, the only issue I have is with this new Sim Profile. Not only is it completely pointless, if you open too many profiles or try to open a profile on the Grim Reaper, it'll disable the profiles all together, and can only be fixed by a game restart.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    I can somewhat play the game, but it crashes more often, especially in live mode. I consider crashes game breaking.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    I had to download C++ to start the game. Now I have occasional sound-related crashes (not too often).
  • Options
    ehud8651ehud8651 Posts: 62 Member
    SassyEggs wrote: »
    So pleased to know that at least I am not the only one whose game is crashing all the time. And annoyed to know the game is so messed up. Do EA usually release a fix quickly when they mess up like this?

I'm pretty sure

4 days after the mess of the eco lifestyle patch was released, they released another emergency patch
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Yes (not gamebreaking)
    I haven't experienced crashes yet, but the no club outfits and broken sketchpad thing is annoying...not game wrecking, just annoying.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    But only once so far. I lost sound and within a minute the game crashed to desktop. No error or anything, just shut down.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    No
    The mods have consolidated all the previous threads, and there were many, here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983513/issues-after-patch/p1
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    No
    No problems even with my mods and cc installed.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    No
    I didn't have any issues until I started playing in live mode just now. That's when the game started crashing. Build mode and CAS were fine so far.
    Still, my answer would be different now.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    Yes many issues which I have never had after any update, whatever it is it's making my game literally crash with a warning about the crash..this happened first while building, then while playing...also when loading into my game it says it removed 6 items that I didn't have..just weird.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No
    I cleared my caches first, disabled mods & CC. No issues.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    Don’t buy it. It’ll destroy your game, mine is unplayable
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    No
    EdithV wrote: »
    Don’t buy it. It’ll destroy your game, mine is unplayable

The patch isn't something you buy. My game plays just fine, not everyone was affected the same way. And they are working on a fix for the patch.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    No
    Seems like this is mostly issues on PC. Kind of glad I purchased everything from the beginning on console. Even though we still have a fair share of issues like long load-in times. But nothing ever game breaking.
  • Options
    PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    Yes, my PS4 version has crashed several times, does not matter if it is live or build mode. Sound keeps cutting off. I turned off master volume and I am just building, saving every 15 minutes. It really has dampened the excitement I had for this pack.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    I'm surprised some people haven't had any issues at all. My games probably crashed atleast 3 times every day since the patch. Wouldn't recommend updating yet at all unless you want the pack.

They've said they'll issue a patch next week so I really hope they'll be quick with it.