Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game keeps crashing since the patch

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Me too but I'm weary :( They don't have much time left, I think in Australia the pack might already be out by now (I'm too lazy to do the math lol but either way soon it's midnight there :D)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I had 2 crashes today, but none yesterday (played 2 simdays yesterday). I play offline, but now I wonder if I actually played online yesterday as I had just installed the patch... I'll gp for another try offline now, and after the next crash I will try one session online.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    I really hope they'll issue a quick fix. My game has crashed about 4 times already today. Got back into game a minute ago after it crashed and it crashed again within 15 minutes.

It really kills my enjoyment of the game as going back and having to repeat what you've done just isn't fun.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have the impression that the crashes are caused by sound failures. Some seconds before crashing to desktop the sound stutters or stops. I have lowered my sound quality to medium and will see if this makes a difference
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I tried a session offline, and again a session online - game crashed both times, actually sooner when online, but that might be random.

No more gaming for me - thanks to patch... :(
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I have the impression that the crashes are caused by sound failures. Some seconds before crashing to desktop the sound stutters or stops. I have lowered my sound quality to medium and will see if this makes a difference

I encountered sound issues on my laptop, but I never experienced a crash.
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    My game crashes when it goes at triple speed. When a Sim sleeps or goes to work. I have not experienced a connection with a sound.
    It has been reported to Answers HQ. I can see there really a lot of error messages about game crashes :/
    I hope this means that a common solution will be found.
  • Options
    SimPrincesshkSimPrincesshk Posts: 2 New Member
    I play on xbox and i just need to know why all my sims not fully going through wit commands. My house dirty as hell cause they wont wash nothing. I have sinks and a dishwasher and they only throw stuff out when they feel like it. Help please.
  • Options
    OceanbornAngel13OceanbornAngel13 Posts: 104 Member
    They are doing an investigation as we speak. I think if you check out the Twitter for Sims 4 there is a link to report your crashes and send them necessary files so they can create the crashes on their own test computers to patch the bug.
    You know, I don't just play The Sims 4. ^_^
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Same issue here. game crashes for no reason since patch within a few minutes of each other.

Not being rude but a bug of this level should've shown up on the radar before patch release the other day, if so many get it, surely the issue would've come up for the testers/staff so why was it put out only to plague simmers games?

hoping we get a fix in the next day or so, I've just got snowy escape and am itching to get my sims on the slopes
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    They posted an update on the latest news section of the forum, apparently it's a sound issue and the only way of stopping it before they fix it next week is muting your game..

Think I'd rather just have the crashing then sit in silence tbh
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes they did! Good that I'm sharing this in every related thread except mine :joy:

Here is the link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983645/crashing-with-the-november-10-update

(Also, I wonder why they didn't merge this thread? I thought they did!)
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited November 2020
    I've been following this advice and I've not had any game crashes in the last two hours ... not even at triple speed.
    Repair ' Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015-2019'
    Post edited by MonaSolstraale on
  • Options
    foxontherun7foxontherun7 Posts: 51 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I really hope they'll issue a quick fix. My game has crashed about 4 times already today. Got back into game a minute ago after it crashed and it crashed again within 15 minutes.

It really kills my enjoyment of the game as going back and having to repeat what you've done just isn't fun.

I was just curious if you have that issue after your Sims travel to a different lot. That is happening in my game - it crashes completely - after the game ran smoothly for a whole day (disabling my AV helped apparently only temporarily). I know exactly what you mean, it's pretty hard to enjoy a travel expansion pack if you can't even do that! :|
  • Options
    alwaysenlalwaysenl Posts: 36 Member
    Game was crashing after installing the update, did the no sound audio fix and it seemed to work. Now my game keeps freezing randomly to the point I need to force quit the entire game. So annoying, I guess no more playing until these issues get fixed. One step forward two steps back!
  • Options
    fsffsf Posts: 4 New Member
    Do you play with cheats?

I noticed this last night and I never have this problem. I noticed it happened after using enabling the testing cheats. I stopped using them and the crashing stopped. Also.... try deleting your cache. I did that too so I’m not sure if not using the cheats help or clearing the cache helped. Hopefully this might help you! 😇