Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    UGH.
    My game just shut down without warning. So freaking irritating! I lost the high school I’d built. And I freaking HATE building. I should have saved it to the gallery... aside from that, didn’t lose a whole amount of progress, but I did have to delete some screenshots as they showed events that now technically haven’t happened. It seems like a few people are having this problem post-patch! I’m probably going to have to go back to Sims 3 until there’s a fix.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I just want to say in my defense I got consumed by NaNoWriMo. It's, uh, gonna be a theme this month. (Also, you know, the world got really weird there for a bit!) Apologies if I missed anyone I normally reply to!

@haneul thank you! I wanted something really cozy for their place, like the interior design equivalent of a homemade quilt, haha.

@sunblond man, your characters do love their fishing XD Ooof, I wonder if he was a bit harsh on Carlos? The snarkiness should be addressed, sure, but nothing wrong with Bs! Good luck to Roxie, sounds like it could get complicated.

Oh heh, always awkward when your sibling has to request a loan from you! Good luck to Victor, though, hope the store is a success! Welcome to the world, Rosa!

Haha, welcome to the world of wedding planning, Kaden! Congrats to them both :)

@sarabeth2984 thank you! :D And ooh, congrats on the Maxis Fave, that's such a cute room!

@Metior_Ice thank you for the well-wishes! I'm fine now, it was just a gross cold. Hope everything goes well in your area, too, health-wise. I'm really sorry for your loss, too, that's always one of the hardest things to deal with. Please take as long as you need.

@Koteyka I've seen moodlets about how sometimes ornaments and stuff can be a bit wonky? (Usually embarrassed moodlets, haha.) Maybe it was that?

Ooh yes I was hoping to see Caleb again but that was sooner than expected! Also honey don't creep around in toddlers' rooms XD 'Unimportant', that's rude! Your Caleb seems really... sincere, I think? Like Ianto says there's a monster, then there's a monster. Ooof, that soul thing sounds rough :( Poor baby. Lilith? D: Oh no, poor Caleb ;_; Aww, inviting him to the play! They are quite kindred spirits, yeah... I wonder why he's being sent to Harry? Is it because of Harry himself or because of Remus? (Like there's always vampire-werewolf conflicts and stuff.)
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    So Hunter finally joined the work force.....She became a Social Media Influencer.....Dear god......In an attempt to further her own career she went on a date with this guy.....who's also an Influencer....
    Hunter: "YOU'RE an influencer? You're like 40."
    Influencer: "Hey, 40 year olds can be Influencers too!"
    AI3uB0B.png
    However that is when Hunter realized something was wrong.
    WHoOsHr.png
    Waiter: "Hi, you're going to die here!"
    UckRp5H.png
    Hunter: "We can't eat here, my Grandpa used to own this place. They literally poison you with pufferfish!"
    nrjJJX6.png
    Influencer: "Yeah but they say that the food is to die for!"
    Hunter: "Because it actually kills you!"
    Influencer: "I'll take the risk!"
    82ZrwOx.png
    Well he took the risk.
    ST1f0Ny.png
    CtwsupA.png
    Grim: "Ah sounds like another satisfied customer!"
    YnmfnBN.png
    Grim: "Hunter, what are you doing here? You know this place isn't good for you. Now go home before your Dad kills me."
    W3meoYT.png
    Speaking of Hunter's Dad, Emperor Reaper decided that he needed a real Sith Lord outfit. (NO ONE TELL HIM THOSE ROBES ARE TECHNICALLY WOMEN'S ROBES!)
    u8kowDz.png
    Sabrina: "Can you not practice your lightsaber around the baby?"
    Grim: "Oh come on, she'll be fine!"
    EdEITo7.png
    He says right before he slips up and gets shot by the training droid. Baby sure is safe.
    0ns5Exm.png
    But hey, he blocked this single shot.
    RZs26yA.png
    Meanwhile, Casey decided that Jewel has been a baby for long enough. Time for her to be a toddler!
    gdI6cNX.png
    And voila.
    eBoKXjl.png
    Grim: "Boy, isn't it nice to have Casey to take care of the kid while we watch TV?"
    Sabrina: "Yeah it's pretty cool."
    a4x8HrT.png
    Well since Grim is the Emperor of the Galaxy.....Not THIS galaxy....just the Star Wars Galaxy....Anyways, since he's the Emperor, it's time to spread the good word of the Empire.
    POMNny4.png
    Barista: "Actually, I'm more of a fan of the Rebellion."
    xXklSwu.png
    Grim: "That is understandable, after all I can't change someone's opinion...."
    iQAXHb1.png
    Grim: "BUT I CAN CRUSH YOUR THROAT WITH THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE!"
    h4AT6hJ.png
    Barista: "You can crush my throat but you won't make me unhand my umbrella!"
    NmnIZJx.png
    Wow, Barista stayed true to his word.
    hnly4Rm.png
    So Grim of course threw a few coins into the fountain here.
    MZIbaDn.png
    Meanwhile you can see Grim Reaper Sr in the background shouting something like....
    Grim Sr: "CAN'T YOU AT LEAST TAKE SOME TIME OFF BEFORE COMMITTING ANOTHER MURDER?!"
    Sa3tZm6.png
    Oh yeah, Grim is still a Wizard.....Should continue to master that so he can truly be the most dangerous threat to mankind. Next to Sonya of course.
    l0Xu6Pi.png
    Sabrina: "Well off to work, hope Grim doesn't burn the house down."
    JeUf2LA.png
    Looks like it's Grim and Anakin's birthdays today.
    wh4IAyp.png
    Let's age up that cute little toddler.
    AEbkjEA.png
    Now it's time for Grim to age gracefully as well.
    DwRbOmm.png
    Grim: "Wait did you seriously eat my cake? How am I supposed to age up now?!"
    Casey: "Get wrecked, old man."
    RbDQelp.png
    Well time for another magical family picture to be taken.
    4aunZ35.png
    Oh yeah, here's child Anakin.
    1thARhQ.png
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm going to brake up my responses to posts by starting with replies to tags followed by a small status update. Later, when I have more time, I'll share the responses to other stories before making a story update.
    SwanSong93 wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice Wow you noticed that even though he's out of focus! Well that one was randomized when I created one of Judith Ward's ex-husbands :D

Well, what can I say, I just pay attention to little details. The hair style definitely looks like the one I use for Dylan and Zephyr.
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice thank you for the well-wishes! I'm fine now, it was just a gross cold. Hope everything goes well in your area, too, health-wise. I'm really sorry for your loss, too, that's always one of the hardest things to deal with. Please take as long as you need.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling things will get worse before they get better. A lot of people, hundreds, in my area are not great at doing the minimum to avoid COVID. I think the cleaning protocols at various places are what's keeping people relatively safer.

I'm very familiar with seasonal upper respiratory colds triggered by allergy symptoms. I'm also allergic to most antibiotics, and I admit, after multiple instances of toughing out the colds when they get bad, I can almost imagine what it feels like when COVID starts to get bad.

As for a status update, I had the game crash on me three times while in build mode. One of the most common things I noticed before the game crashes is a loss of audio and music.

On the upside, I managed to update The Elemental Temple Dylan and Zephyr live in.

There are four major rooms dedicated to one of the four elements.

The first room is the Flooded Lava Tubes:

These are essentially corridors constructed with pools that also double as hot springs. At the end of these corridors there will be a hot spring from the Snowy Escape pack.

Despite my hesitation, I pre-ordered the pack. It had the minimum amount of stuff for me to get the pack. I have not gotten the star wars pack yet.

Thanks to the Geo Thermal Lot trait, the Hot Spring water from the Jungle Adventure Pack will give the sims a happy moodlet. Of course, the lot trait works for all pool water types.

At the center of the Flooded Lava Tubes, there is the Magma Chamber:

This room is an island surrounded by water with torches, the kitchen, a bonfire, the bar where Zephyr can blow fire, the bonfire for fire dancing, and a Sulani BBQ pit for grand meals.

Above the Flooded Lava Tubes and Magma Chamber, there is the Wood Garden.

This is a large patio where the garden, frog collection, Observatory, and tree stumps can be found. I sent with the wood theme because of the Sulani Roots moodlet for the Earth Element.

At the center of the Wood Garden is the Sky Tower, this tower houses some skill building items, collectibles, and at the top of the tower, there is a weather machine, the plants with influence over life and death, plants that can be used to gain favor from Island Elementals, and items for meditation. Spinning on the roof of the Sky Tower are wind turbines that harness the Bracing Breezes to produce energy for the Temple.

Just like with Chieftain Whiskers, Pictures will come later.

Because, why not? This song always gets me energized and ready to write.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LtfDep6be-g&feature=share
  • Options
    SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    edited November 2020
    @Metior_Ice I see, so you're a detail-oriented person :)

My game crashed once after the latest update, and then I repaired it. After the repair, I was able to play long enough to have the current episode's update without crashing.
    Reality Kings Season 2-Episode 6

Mick was successful in his very first audition!
    Screenshot-131.png

He had to practice comedy for the gig. He did funny interactions with Manuel who dropped by for a visit.
    Ep6A.jpg

Manuel was also in the studio (apparently for a separate gig) when Mick arrived. He had to practice acting, and he did it with his half-brother.
    Ep6B.jpg

Of course he had to be styled and dressed into costume.
    Ep6C.jpg
    Ep6D.jpg

And then he had to tell the director he's ready.
    Ep6E.jpg

Show spoiler to see how Mick's performance went.
    Everything went well, and he earned a gold for his very first gig. He also got promoted to "Guest Star" for his performance.
    Ep6F.jpg
    Screenshot-132.png
    Screenshot-133.png

Since he's now at Level 4 of the acting career track, he can now join the best talent agency, and he did.
    Screenshot-134.png

Mick stayed a little while longer to watch Manuel practice for his performance.
    Ep6G.jpg

He signed up for another audition right away, and he was once again successful.
    Screenshot-135.png

Show spoiler to see how Mick's next gig went.
    Mick already reached Level 7 of Wellness skill, so he was able to teleport to the makeup room. And then he changed into costume after being styled. This time, he had to rehearse with his co-star (a random townie). After that, he told the director he's ready.
    Ep6H.jpg

This time, he played a gay role. Everything went well, and he got gold again for the gig. However, he wasn't promoted and his celebrity status did not rise to "Rising Star." Maybe next time.
    Ep6I.jpg
    Screenshot-137.png

He was praised by his new talent agency for a job well done.
    Screenshot-138.png

Manuel was there again for support, and they performed an action scene together for the crew to watch.
    Ep6J.jpg

Screenshot-142.png

-To be continued-

Season 1 Episodes
    Season 2 Episodes
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 5
  • Options
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice I'm really sorry for your loss, too, that's always one of the hardest things to deal with. Please take as long as you need.

I forgot to respond to this, but I think it's easier for me to respond in a separate comment.

I cried a lot when she passed. All those tears helped me work through the emotions quickly. So, it's a bit easier to manage. I still lost two days working through it, and there are places where I always saw her that look emptier now. Her absence is still noticeable.
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice I see, so you're a detail-oriented person :)

My game crashed once after the latest update, and then I repaired it. After the repair, I was able to play long enough to have the current episode's update without crashing.

Yeah, I think my brain is wired to detect details and, like most other people, my brain fills in the details I can't see.

But, I'm both left and right brained with a tendency to flip back and forth between logical and creative.

As for the update, I'm happy I was able to finish most of the build. Pools ard the most tedious part of the build, but they are very useful for merfolk and their hydration motive. Plus, I like to make it possible for merfolk to be in their merform more often at home.
  • Options
    DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

Catch up on Tristan's strange mission!
    Prologue
    Chapter One
    Chapter Two
    Chapter Three
    The man stirred awake and stood up quickly.
    "Where am I? How did I get here? Where's Lisa?" he asked frantically.
    "Whoa, calm down," Tristan said. "Everything's alright."
    "How can you say that when we're in danger?" The man glared at Tristan.
    "In danger of what?" Keith asked.
    The man thought for a moment. "I...I don't know..."
    "What's the last thing you remember?"
    Vrg3Jiz.png
    APxssCr.png

"All I remember was at the trailer park with my sister, Lisa," the man said. "She wanted to get away from our parents who always fight a lot over the stupidest things and called me over to keep her company. I don't know what happened after that, and here I am in some low budget sci-fi movie."
    "Well, we were about to -"
    3lzusIH.png
    bzKLOd8.png
    icKmxqr.png

"Hey, what're you kids doing here?!" a man shouted, catching the group off guard.
    "We can explain, sir," Brianna trembled, worried that she and the others are going to be thrown in jail. "We're not here to cause any trouble. We were just on our way out."
    Keith took a good look at the newcomer. "You don't look like you work with the government."
    "No, I don't associate with them. I just never expected anyone to be down here," the man responded.
    'Guess I'm not the only one who's curious about this,' Tristan thought to himself. "Well, now that we're all here on the same page, at least we have to know each other. I'm Tristan, but you can call me Detective L if you want. This is Brianna, Keith, and...." He looked at the man.
    "I'm Elliot," the man introduced himself.
    "Very well then. I'm Jaxon, and I advised you to leave...now," he demanded. "It's too dangerous here."
    "What about you?" Tristan asked.
    "I've been here before, and on my last visit, two of my partners were killed," Jaxon explained. "This is not all fun and games."
    cA742c7.png
    cyBKURk.png

Despite Jaxon's warning, Tristan led the group deeper into the underground lab and discovered another room. There were capsules of the plants from above, but a couple of them looked even bizarre than the smaller ones.
    "I've seen this right outside our house," Brianna said.
    "Really?" Tristan was surprised.
    "Yeah, I thought someone planted that for the neighborhood to look nice."
    O38gK2G.png
    fJVlYKD.png
    juCt4Wk.png

Jaxon noticed Elliot looked uneasy, staring at the plants with a terrified look on his face.
    "You alright?" Jaxon asked.
    "I'm fine..." Elliot replied. "I just want to get out of here."
    Qlipvln.png

The group, led by Jaxon, left the facility and made a quick stop in town before departing ways.
    "Okay, we saw everything and found ourselves a survivor," Brianna said. "Let's head back home before -"
    s9mf5MZ.png

"LOTHARIO!"
    "Too late..."
    2EbUZD2.png

"How many times do we have to tell you to don't go there!" Cian yelled. "Not only that, you brought Brianna and Keith to your crazy scheme!"
    "Hey, at least we didn't get into any problems!" Tristan snapped back. "We have help from a professional."
    "Don't get me into your mess," Jaxon protested.
    "Umm, guys..."
    JDquvCs.png

"We have a bigger problem."
    imU48h2.png
    pw0213q.png?1
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited November 2020
    Well, my first generation is officially gone. Ben Cole passed away, leaving behind three kids, six grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren with two on the way. Luckily I have many pictures of him to remember him by. RIP to my first generation. :'(

His first photo: the day he came home from the hospital <3
    50592275872_034f2483ee_h.jpg

His last photo: talking to his daughter Hadley
    50591418138_6f32182472_h.jpg

Hadley and her husband Marcus(current Avi) are grandparents to the following kids:
    Nichole and R.C. Sheridan(Emerson's children)
    Carmen, Celeste, and Elliott Cordova(Spencer's children)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @Lucy_Henley how frustrating. I hate losing all the time and effort that has gone into building! Hope you can build it again

As for what happened in my game - big fat nothing. I hate patch day. My game wont even start from origin. I have tried several fixes on these forums and through ea support. Hopefully something will work soon. 🤨
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I'm working on getting content to share a story after I make a status update, but I do want to share some of the bugs that are giving me a headache.

Stairs do not work inside the home. As weird as it sounds, my sims will not go up the stairs unless they are outside the room. This is incredibly annoying, but it did help push me to come up with a more interesting way to use open space.

The other bug seems to be the platforms. First, I constructed really cool stairs from the platforms that looked like pillow lava, or a lava flow that folded over itself. It bugged like the stairs inside the house.

The other problem I encountered with the platforms is how they seem to mess up objects in the room directly above wherever the platform is. I've had items shift around the room above as I changed the size of the platform, and I even had items end up in the household inventory.

At this rate, I won't be able to play the game because every time I figure out a way around the bug, the game crashes and I have to start over. All is not lost because my ideas don't start over so easily, but trying to rebuild all the progress I made, well, that's a different story. I highly recommend saving very, very often right now.

Edit: I've been submitting all the bug reports.
  • Options
    If my bug reports help them fix things, the only thing I can say is that I hope they finally complete the incomplete merforms and other incomplete merfolk elements. They are practically finished with half of it anyways.
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    My game crashed after I moved a restaurant check-in station.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Since the patch seems to be giving so many people trouble I avoided my main save and went back to play my original save. After a long break from the game a few years back I played them for about one day after I installed seasons and then decided to make a new save instead, which ended up being the save I play the most and post about here. So it has taken me a while to get back into things and remember who these Sims are. The only bug I have run into so far is the stairs one, but I only played about one sim day.
  • Options
    GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    I rotated the household I was playing with, so it was time to play for a simweek with my household: Gimi / Thor. My go to household when it comes to family play!

Gramps (Anika's father) who has moved into their home a looong time ago finds it great to spend so much time with his grandkids. He is also such a great help around the hectic house, so he will definitely be missed!
    6-11-20-18-42-37.png

I love how the family or close friends just pop by every now and then and just join in with whatever they are up to at the moment. Here they are are enjoying the family meal that is served daily around 18:00/19:00 oclock. It is one big loving family!
    6-11-20-18-51-53.png

That same weekend, Jesper (father of the house) went to his beloved Selvadorada as it was in my planning for a while already. he hasn't been there in a long time and I wanted him to take his Archeology class there for the first time after I finished up the Archeology center I build there.

Here he is giving a lecture to his students. The only thing that worked to skill up his students..
    10-11-20-17-59-40.png

And of course, since the entire trip and spend money was for nothing since no club meeting can be held in a vacation spot, none of the club members will EVER go digging anywhere.. Jesper just ended up doing all the work by himself.. while his student just chills there right beside him. The audacity!
    10-11-20-18-58-21.png

Jesper still found a lot of artifacts to discover and bring back home. He didn't make that much of a profit or maybe even none, due to the failure of the club system around Archeology, but he still enjoyed spending some time in the wilderness as he used to.
    When he arrived back home, a hug from the little one Daan was waiting for him.
    11-11-20-16-36-25.png

For Anika (mom), I had other plans that week. I wanted her to meet their new neighbors, so I let her bake some fresh bagels that she brought around while bringing Daan with her to meet the other kids and toddlers living next door.
    Besides that, i also created a mommy's club for her that meets at the local daycare that also turned out to be a disappointment, cause what's a mom without her kids in a daycare? Toddlers are nowhere to be found on community lots and they also can't join clubs with their parents, so yeah.. Then i thought I could still get excited from the knitting club activity I gave them, but none of the club members seemed to start knitting, cause again.. they need the basket in their inventory and the one on the lot isn't theirs... great! So they just chatted while Anika continues her socks for new baby Nathan soon to be toddler.
    11-11-20-16-55-15.png

Meanwhile, Daan the only toddler in the daycare had the time of his life playing with the dollhouse and all the other toys laying around there. It seems the child was very much weirded out by Daan's goofiness joining him with the dollhouse :D Don't worry kid, you will find your place when you grow up.
    11-11-20-16-52-07.png

I do love the rocking chair and it's gramps favorite spot. Even though it doesn't bring much gameplay, it's still something for elders to do. Can't wait to put up that Christmas tree in front of the window when it's winter again!
    11-11-20-17-32-48.png

Nathan has grown up to be a toddler and visits his new room that is yet to be made. For now, it just contains his bed and a night lamp. I am working on giving him a yellow/mint bedroom cause it suits his soft and kind personality.
    11-11-20-19-48-05.png

Speaking of toddler bedrooms, this is Daan is his room together with their cat named Nikita.
    11-11-20-20-21-16.png

Not to forget that Daan's birthday was also coming up and while Anika has been pregnant with the third baby waiting to deliver, it was very hectic the passed few days. I got a notification that gramps is counting his last days, bills needed to be paid, Jesper rarely has time to work on his Archeology besides his regular job.
    Anika had her baby the night before Daan's birthday party, so she was very tired and I could not get her up and running the household, but I did not want Daan's party to suffer so at first I let Jesper run to the bakery to pick up a cake that somehow dissappeared after I returned home and put it on the counter. So I had him bake a cake which he did pretty good and all on time before the guests would arrive, the kids were showered and ready to party. Oh and the decoration was up as well.
    11-11-20-21-13-16.png

A little snap from the birthday party. I should really change that friend's clothing closet.. its terrible. Ah, the randomness.
    11-11-20-21-24-47.png

After the cake and partying it was unwrapping presents time for Daan! Btw, the game gave him a total different haircut which I found strange as there was a perfectly fine curly hairstyle available that I gave him after I took this shot.
    Anyway, he got a bunch of lumps of clay and toys. At least that was suitable :)
    11-11-20-21-25-43.png

And the family play remains. Mom tired as heck in the background, dad trying to squeeze in some father-son time and gramps spending time with the little one. I felt a bit sad to rotate to my next household, but I always get attached to any household I play anyway, but we must move on.
    11-11-20-22-38-44.png
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I haven't posted any updates here in forever because I've been really busy with uni :'D

But basically, I'm currently on the 14th generation of my sims family.

This is my 14th generation heir Jasper
    hwq5eAH.png

and this is his twin brother Charlie
    98cpmRF.png

This is Jasper's wife and the mother of his baby, Justine (she is a distant descendant of Dina Caliente)
    PjPh9bk.png

This is their daughter Sidney.
    xcBYeOW.png

And this is her childhood best friend Hyeon.
    4mTopQn.png
    5nttsWM.png
    Sr4Rqwr.png
  • Options
    So, I've got names of all the stories I want to respond to lined up, and I got a lot of my build done after 7 or 8 bug reports after each time the game crashed. Once I finally get a few screenshots to share an update, I'll start making a response to everyone I just haven't had time to reply to, and considering how many I want to respond to, I may be more proactive with replying to people's stories when updating my story.

This year is my very first year, ever, being active in a forum of any kind in my entire life. Lol. I feel like I'm still learning how to do thing well.

Provided I don't encounter more bugs, I should have an update coming soon. I'm nothing if not stubborn, and I will have something to share. Unfortunately, I think I'll have to watch the time. The game is released tomorrow, and I preordered. So, we will find out if the bugs are still persistent with the Expansion Packs release.

Oh, I managed to get all the stairs outside the house, so Dylan and Zeph could climb them, and I did some stuff with the platforms. Like, I know Dylan and Zeph are mermen, and they could have two left fins and trouble walking, but they had a ton of trouble with the stairs after the patch. They did everything fine in the water.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Page 791 - 794 Responses

@Daephene
    Daephene wrote: »
    I am back with my next update, of the Carrasco-Fyres family!
    So for a recap/background, Gerardo Carrasco is an alien who plays a human in real life, and also an actor who plays a lot of things on tv. He has been living his much younger girlfriend Siobhan Fyres for a long time. His son Finnian has married Siobhan's sister, Morgan. In my game there's about an 8-10 year difference between the sisters, and Siobhan is dating a much older man, so it works out, but it is weird. Siobhan and Gerardo had a baby right before Siobhan aged to Adult, who is both cousin and uncle to Finnian and Morgan's daughter Farrah.
    8a8MyFW.png
    Unlike every other half alien in my game, little Forrest here got his father's natural skin tone.
    I know I made a comment about the skin tones, but I just have to say that I ended up getting rid of the observatory on the home lot. My sims autonomously kept stopping everything they were doing to observe the sky, especially Zephyr (With maxed logic skill and Dylan is catching up). I'm not against aliens, but I have a feeling that normal game play would attract their attention soon enough. I still want to see Dylan and Zephyr in the lab, even if I alternate between playing as them.

I feel like the age differences with spouses can be a little weird at times. At least, I tend to have sims in the same life stage marry so I don't end up with major age differences later.

@Lucy_Henley
    Back over to San Myshuno and the Mastersons! I try to spend around a week (real time) with each family, with around 3-4 updates each time. I might spend a bit longer with the Mastersons this time, though, so I can get Erytheia and Xanthe to teenagerhood, seeing as they're on the Long lifespan.

It was currently summer, and the weather was hot. Apollo took advantage and jumped into the pool. He seemed to be entirely unaware of the rash that had erupted over his body.

ZTh12FE.jpg

Caroline had a job on the primetime TV show Detective Law.
    "Hi Loario! What look are we going for today?" she asked the hair and makeup guy, who she knew well by now.
    "Hmm, yes, detective show, nothing too outrageous..." Loario muttered.

UQ6wG8A.jpg

After being kitted out in her costume, Caroline went to interact with her fellow actors. She was a little surprised to see a purple alien, wondering what it could have to do with a detective show.
    "I don't know, either," came a voice, which Caroline recognised to be that of Herman Hudson.
    "Gosh, isn't that suit really hot? It's really warm today," Caroline said.
    "I am a little hot, yeah..."

NWG0HSy.jpg

Shooting began with a flirting scene.

h5hbOaU.jpg

Then she had to fight poor Herman...

7Uj20JG.jpg

... and finally send him to jail.

N9beH4R.jpg

While you have an unusual rash is the perfect time to swim. :D Reminds me of all the times I went swimming even when I didn't feel good.

Confirmed that I'm Not Contagious. Check.
    Sinus pressure, headache, and gunk in my throat making it hard to breathe. Check.

Swim 50 yards freestyle in under 1 minute and 20 seconds 50 times. Sickness is for the Weak! (Tad bit of Hyperbole here.)

I'm gonna have Dylan and Zephyr become actors to see if they get to be the fish/ alien guy. Lol. :D Another plan that will come later.

@DoodlyDoofus
    So young Anakin was crying. So instead of Mom coming over and taking care of him, everyone else came in and tried to find out what was wrong with him. All they did was just kind of wave at him and shush him when he starts crying. These people are hopeless.
    JyxF8bC.png

Since Grim still refuses to get a job (After all, Sith Lord is the only occupation he cares about now.) Sabrina has to keep putting bread on the table, gotta write a new song for those sexy royalty checks to keep coming in.
    A0c5X6y.png
    Oh thank Buttery Jesus, someone who actually knows how to take care of a baby!
    LJxRsT9.png
    This kid would be dead if his dad and sisters were in charge.
    HTbZuIv.png
    Anyways, gotta write more music for those Royalties.
    tsOJgyZ.png
    Grim: "Oh hey Gran-I mean.....Not Grandma."
    uJoQCXk.png
    Luna: "Nah it's cool, I'm okay with being called Grandma now that Octavia looks like she's old enough to be MY mom."
    XMjIdhC.png
    Oh and then Casey learned the wonders and joy of coffee.
    sOKZGbF.png

This random woman just broke in.
    po2FkZJ.png
    Grim: "Was going to kill you, but then I decided to spare you because you took the garbage out! You live....for now."
    qRMHh1u.png

This reminds me of Calum Zalrian and Kylen Kailani and the families they raised. They were in households where everyone accept them seemed to be severely parenting challenged except them. I think the game flat out called Arihi out on her parenting in the parenting forums.

Yeah, I'm starting to get used to the random brake ins. At least, Dylan and Zephyr have made enough friends for most of their visitors to be friendly. I usually have the trespassers use their stuff, so I'm actually shocked that she did something helpful like taking out the trash. Houses that are worth more than 100,000 seem to attract the unusual visitors. I guess it comes with being rich.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Pages 795-796 Responses
    Owen moved back in on Love day, nice coincidence. He had very few things in his apartment so it didn't take long for him to pack his things. Bandit ran away but he came back :)UHx9c8G.png
    Though I let him sleep inside the bedroom. Bandit kept running through everyone's room. The lights kept turning on and off. V7lqfgH.png
    The next morning Owen noticed Abigail was sad. Bandit was finally sleeping :DgSSZMtn.png

I'm in love with that Racoon! I don't care if I said it before, and I'll keep saying it. I love that Racoon!

@SwanSong93
    During the New Skill Day, Bruce went for a jog and sent an energized text to his cousin Erik who invited him to a gym in Del Sol Valley.
    ep7-02.png

Bruce spent the day working out with his cousins Erik (the blond guy) and Dane (the guy wearing glasses).
    ep7-c.png

Octavia Moon was also there, and Bruce asked for a selfie.
    ep7-6.jpg

Venessa Jeong was also there, and Bruce succeeded in his attempt for introduction. He also succeeded in his attempt to flirt with her although it did not go that far because Venessa went home too soon.
    ep7-7.jpg

@sunblond
    sunblond wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice Your mermen are all so good looking! I may steal a couple for my game, unfortunately, they would not get to be mermen in my game though.

I have a response that is a response to both posts. The sims has a slider for fat and a separate slider for muscle. In real life, the presence of fat can hide muscles. I remember one of the fun events during my first swim meets. Some of the parents that looked overweight were very strong. I'm talking about people with core strength to swim 100 yards butterfly with good time. The Fat slider and the Muscle slider makes sense for how people look in real life because muscles become more visible with lower fat. That's why the merfolk I share always look toned with a six pack. They almost always have no body fat, and their muscles are at about 50% or on the low side of the slider. They don't need to build as much muscle to look good because they never have any fat thanks to their regular swimming.

@Lyrie
    Lyrie wrote: »

This is a bit of a double update the first is Pinky and Nick's house (they are roommates but mostly Pinky).

Well, we will go to more cute and wholesome things.

Perry offered to babysit Gavin-Derick while Pinky went to the demist.

He was not shy to ask the little guy and then help him with his homework.

Why GD is on the floor inches away from the table? Sim logic.
    50390236858_88d0038631_h.jpg

It's always nice to have friendly sims come over and help the kids. I had Calum come over and teach one of my Legacy Sims responsibility.

----

There are a couple stories with a lot more to read through. I think it's @sunblond and @haneul's stories that I need a little more time to read through and put together the responses. I know that it looks like the Fier's Legacy has been around for a while, so I'm definitely going to need a little bit of time to read through everything.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    So, I have the expansion pack downloaded, but I'm still getting the errors that are crashing the game. I reinstalled the game too. I think the patch must've broken my save, so again, I'll be repairing the world. On the bright side, I have everything saved to my gallery already. The bad news is that I need to reupload everything to the world again. Yay!

Edit: This might be for the best anyways. Dylan and Zephyr completed the body builder aspiration, and now they have muscle bulked up way more than I want it to be. Because of the way the game keeps crashing, I can't play the game long enough for things to naturally return to normal. So, I'll be able to fix that in the new save.
  • Options
    Okay, looks like I'm starting the save over again.

I'm going to start things off a bit differently. I'm making Dylan and Zephyr teenagers again, and the Kailani household will be left in the Gallery. In response to the recent crashes, I will not be including any other household from past play throughs. At least, not until things are easier to manage.

Dylan and Zephyr should still have all their aspirations completed with the only their character values that need to be developed again for the traits.

My goal will simply be to develop sentiments between Dylan and Zephyr, age Ember up, and have the child with the earth element.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @PeculiarPlumbob Jasper is adorable <3<3<3 and his daughter is a sweetie too.

@Metior_Ice so many bugs with this patch! I am really, really thankful I removed my saves, tray and screenshot folder before updating. I don't have the stair bug (yet - fingers crossed) but I have the birthday cakes not aging your sim bug (plus the bug where you need to download visual c++).

@GreatestPlanner love your elder rocking in the rocking chair - your comment about the christmas tree in the window made me smile. When I was looking for a house in RL - my Dad would try to get me to reject perfectly good houses as there wasn't a good space for a tree in the house. LOL

@SwanSong93 thanks for all the wonderful GF actor career shots. I don't think either of my actor sims have ever done the job where there is a hospital shot so I really enjoyed seeing it. I love Manuel in the frilly period clothing - swoon.

@DoodlyDoofus your post proved a 40 y.o. can be an influencer - he influenced me NOT to go to that restaurant.

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Yo I have returned though on a limited basis as I haven't had a crash yet and I'm just waiting all the same I have a test sim I think her name is Gemma if not I'll change it when I hop in again.
    fNBfMzO.png
    I gave her a place and looked at build but I had to take a vacation immediately I love the kimonos they are so pretty, I made this a formal wear outfit she's proper so she's really digging it.
    EFG7eWL.png
    This one like a couple others I already used but I wanted to put up the whole thing, it's a really nice area I love how crisp it looks and I guess I really am a weeb cause some of the setting I'm like...that fits in an anime I've seen! Oh goody...hehe.
    hK5Pyd4.png
    She immediately went to get a drink and met this guy, I didn't know he was a premade of course but whatever they seemed to hit it off and he left.
    MrrE0wT.png
    I say they hit it off cause after a short trip to the front door he came right back, he couldn't get her off his mind apparently, she's just embarrassed cause she tried to be respectful even to a celeb and it didn't work out so well.
    wulHTFa.png
    Embarrassment forgotten she easily got his attention and invited him to join her on her way to the onsen, he did her one better and was ready to enjoy it himself.
    BOiUliQ.png
    This here is why it matters that he's a premade now unless the game did a hoodini while I was playing that appears to be his daughter that he is ignoring in favor of Gemma.
    lsUXjjV.png
    9YRxqOH.png
    Yes his daughter is still there he is really taken by the warm water and an even warmer embrace (but yeah kids weren't left out.)

You snake taking advantage of a well to do foreigner.
    h23pLHJ.png
    After a nice soak I had them eat together it cancelled since he was trying to leave but he came back and it was fine I invited some others but mostly they talked like old friends while eating. She felt close to him for it, (sentiments are neat) also those aren't fridges like the get to work ones (also yay)
    I2HgMCK.png
    I bought her a snowboard but I ended up clicking the ski slope, didn't watch the whole live stream but I was not disappointed, it's a little cool, mostly adorable and I dig it.
    4tqyUHk.png
    Even when they fail, at first I clicked the building and they were able to "ride down" clicking the mountain got us here.
    VZsSArG.png
    Then she met this nice handsome man after he failed too.
    uwVJbZg.png
    He also seemed interested I wonder if he has a family he's running from, he's probably not premade I would imagine but still.
    csL6azj.png
    They chatted for a bit but she was mostly hurt from the hard land, who knew snow could be so evil, she was thinking...I know exactly how evil it is...it's only pretty when you don't have to walk anywhere in it I say. He left and she went to get a snack and toy from the machine, she got jazmine holiday I'll show you what it looks like later as I forgot a pic.
    JOwSbtv.png
    She was in a slightly better mood after a hot meal, they have those vending machines I've seen in shows too that would be awesome, like winter comes here are the hot vending machines with coffee and cocoa, that would be cool.
    2mC1RZQ.png
    I let her have a soak to help with the aches and pains, it really is like a bnb thing, which I like but it makes me think they could do hotels next if they copy this system but make it more room specific so we can build our own hotels I'd love to have both of them. For now this'll work.
    T3w1zP8.png
    After a very eventful day she's earned a rest, it really was nice to just hang about and play around even though some of the buildings are fake it works better in this like it fills out just so, to me anyways.

Kay bye :)
    @Lyrie @AlwaysAsking @Silverofdreams30 @mercuryfoam fun times ahead.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @Metior_Ice I have had the stairs problem also. Toddlers have no problems, but every other age can only use certain staircases.
    I'm sorry for your loss. We lost our last cat in February and it was hard. Also I am sorry to hear you've lost your save again. Hope the next one stays stable for a while! I don't usually play couples with big age differences either, but my game seems to have at least one exception to every rule I set.

@PeculiarPlumbob Thanks for sharing your sims! Sidney is particularly adorable, both as a toddler and child. 14 generations is impressive!

@GreatestPlanner What a sweet family! Poor mom, I hope she gets some rest soon. I'm glad Dad managed to make a birthday cake without burning down the house. I love having grandparents live with their kids and grandkids. And I also love it when family members from other households in my rotation stop by for a visit. It makes it seem like they are really a family.

@Becka28 Sorry to hear your game is not working since the patch! I have been able to play in an alternate save but I haven't even tried my main save because it would be too frustrating to have it crash and lose progress. I hope they get a hot fix in soon so we can all play normally again! I would love to see what happens next with Quin and Rohan. And it is cool to see the generations of the berry challenge that come after mint. A lot of people seem to stop posting after mint.

@HillyBeth Sorry for your in game loss. Sounds like he leaves quite the legacy!

@DarkAngel1994 I enjoyed the last couple chapters of your story! I am curious what you have going on with these new characters at the lab. I forget, which branch of the Lothario family is Tristan from?

@SwanSong93 Thanks for the tip on the photo collage! I do notice that your posts load more smoothly than others when my internet is being finicky. I may have to try it some time. You take nice screenshots! I also like the way you use it for story effect, like the sequence of Luna and Erik. Also I kind of love Deuxma.

@ryttu3k I hope your writing is going well! What kind of novel are you working on? I have never tried Nano because November is insanely busy at work so it's really not the best time. Good luck!

@Lucy_Henley Oh no! Sorry you lost so much work! That's so frustrating. Was it a patch related crash? I really hope they fix that soon, I'm afraid to start anything I'd be annoyed to lose until they do. Also your new teens look very nice! Glad you didn't lose that work at least.

@vancanuckfan86 Wow, they did have a string of bad luck right off the bat. Hope things look up for them soon.

@RavenSpit That's cool that the game played along with the storyline as far as the aunt's reaction. I love moments like that.

@Lady_Earth I love the "Woohoo in the City" title in general, and their stories. Cool that Miranda and Charlotte ended up together in the end. Are all three of the children toddlers at the same time?

@Firande Oh poor Calder! Your screenshots are so nice and colorful, as always.

@BlueSeaWaves Thank you for your comments! I looooove that picture of Archie playing pirates! The little imagination animations are so cute and you captured a great shot. Nice to see Owen is getting back into work and the family seems to be headed in a good direction for now. But Abigail needs to be more careful with the dryer.

@sunblond I love the Munch and Goth families! Lucas is awesome. I enjoyed reading about Kaden's wedding. So funny how he used his family to deal with the aspects of wedding planning he wasn't interested in.

@GrimlyFiendish I'm enjoying getting to know your sims! Nice of you to put spoilers for those who don't want to see Grim out of uniform. I totally peek every time, but it's very considerate of you.

@rottmeister I am loving your story and can't wait to see the next part! What are Luuk and Jan going to do now?

@Daravi You are so good at historical builds! They look awesome!

@Koteyka I don't always have a specific comment for every chapter, but I always can't wait for the next one! Caleb and Ianto's budding friendship is super sweet.

@Tomatplante Those are really nice screenshots! Glad they got home in time to save servo.

@FurSimsOfficial I like how that story played out. Very realistic for a non-committal sim. I wish him better luck with his next romance though.

@sarabeth2984 Thanks! I always enjoy seeing your sims. Your versions of Thorne and Orange are great. Congrats on the room! It's very cute!

There are a lot more posts between this one and my last comments, but that's as far as I got tonight!
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Played and finished the Howells family rotation today....

Arthur and Meghan decided to take part in their favourite past time - ice cream! Meghan made some delicious chocolate ice cream!
    50598861351_4e3a7603de_c.jpg
    50598113118_5b16f4db6b_c.jpg

Catherine Thain (you haven't met yet) has decided that she needs a food vendor job on top of her job as a novelist. I guess times are tough.
    50598861831_a49e3c27e0_c.jpg

This was the face that David Quelch (also yet to be met) made for their entire conversation. Kind of weird!
    50598112778_58d5bca4b1_c.jpg

Both Arthur and Meghan are pretty lazy so it is very rare that the house gets cleaned!
    50598976267_489d5dfece_c.jpg

Arthur and Meghan sure to make time for the Real Housewives of Windenburg premiere! They might love science fiction and video games but they can't turn down a good episode of the Real Housewives of Windenburg!
    50598976687_549f2503a3_c.jpg

The Real Housewives of Windenburg put them in the mood.
    50598975907_c60e70c70b_c.jpg

Arthur decided to go to a local arcade and enter a Sim Scuffle competition. He didn't win.
    50598111028_ba55029631_c.jpg
    50598110523_bacb253b39_c.jpg

Meghan treated Arthur to some coffee in the cafe below the arcade to try and cheer him up.
    50598974677_0da13e79cd_c.jpg

After their day out together they headed to the romance festival....not for the romance...but for the food stands. They both had a delicious bowl of Ramen before heading home.
    50598857146_fd43ebe26b_c.jpg
    50598856326_09227f2e8b_c.jpg

Onto the next family!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top