The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roofs on Platforms?

I keep hearing game changers talk about using the new platforms to create new roof styles, is this possible? Roofs right on the platforms??
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2020
    So what they mean is using platforms themselves a roofs. You can use it to create thick flat roofs to give your builds a more unique look.

Unless they made some change to them cause all the building videos showed roofs clipping through platforms rather then sitting on too of them.
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    I wish roofs would sit on top of platforms. Now THAT would be a "game changer".
  • ShachaaiShachaai Posts: 55 Member
    Yeah, roofs won't sit on top of platforms (just like you can't really put them on top of half walls). They just clip through.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    just make sure you have a ceiling, or the snow will get through the roof platform. and a roof, you need ceilings to stop the weather getting through them. i was given the advice click on the yellow line on top of your house and select build ceiling. and it will do it automatically.
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    Oh, that’s disappointing. I was looking forward to multilevel roofing.

Thank you for the tip!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif