Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who Has Had No Issues With The Patch . . .

Comments

• Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    The game's crashing for me when previously it never has.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I haven't encountered any issues, but I did do a folder reset beforehand, because I hadn't done one of those for ages.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited November 2020
    I didn't run into any crashing on unplaybility issues but also to note

1. I play vanilla =no mod issue

2. I have desktop good enough to use ultra settings with the game now = game overall runs better than it did when i played it on old laptop not meant for game use and i catch less buggy laggy with this one

3. when I installed the update my computer urged me to restart my computer to apply the changes to visual C so that might be the reason for the crashes if you didn't get that

4. I don't have all of the packs so i lack some stuff packs eco and star wars and if those have big issues then that would not apply to me

there is some small annoying glitch and bug but you know there always is something and i can avoid the ones ive noticed
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I didn't have issues with the new patch.
    I have all the packs up to JB.
    I have no Mods/CCs/MCCs, I only have Vanilla.
    I play on a HP Desktop Windows 10 PC.
    I have my Sims 4 game saved on a separate drive so have plenty of memory.
  • PurpleHeatherPurpleHeather Posts: 83 Member
    No problems after a couple of hours in build mode and rearranging a world with some help from the gallery. I didn't play in live mode and was using a week old save. No mods or cc in my game.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    No issues for me so far.
    For those with problems, I hope you'll get a fix soon!
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    One of my saves is broken now. I get error 135:a2e0b28f:4fae68a0 and the save fails to load. My other saves are fine.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Please can anyone with no issues after patch confirm that they can/can not age up their children with birthday cake??? I've tested it in several saves - after blowing candles the child is resetted and not aging up. All other age groups are fine. (I have all addons and no CC/mods).
  • axim_galaxim_gal Posts: 22 Member
    I've had no problems and have been playing all day. I started a new save and I've installed a few mods that have been given the okay, including mc commands newest update. I'm not going to play my saves just yet as I need to make sure I have updated all the mods I usually have. but so far, so good. Hope everyone gets their game up and running soon.
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    Please can anyone with no issues after patch confirm that they can/can not age up their children with birthday cake??? I've tested it in several saves - after blowing candles the child is resetted and not aging up. All other age groups are fine. (I have all addons and no CC/mods).

I have no game crashing issues in my game. I just aged up my toddler with the birthday cake , had him ask mum for help and it worked fine. I have seen a bug report on the Answers HQ, so you may want to add to that or at least me to.
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I haven't had any issues and the game has been running smoother than before in fact. I did what I always do, remove mods, delete local cache, remove tray and back up my saves. So far I've put my tray back, but haven't started adding back mods that have been updated or confirmed as working. I'll wait until i've gotten the next EP and mods are confirmed working with that one.
    edited November 2020
    Plainevil wrote: »

I have no game crashing issues in my game. I just aged up my toddler with the birthday cake , had him ask mum for help and it worked fine. I have seen a bug report on the Answers HQ, so you may want to add to that or at least me to.

Toddlers and all other age groups for me are aging fine. Children can't age.

P.S. Found this - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-doesn-t-age-up-by-blowing-out-candles/m-p/9716468#M160343 - looks like in different games different age groups have issues. In mine these are children only :s

• VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2020
    So far I haven't had any issues. I've mostly been building but I did play 2 households for a bit and no crashes... yet.

Edit: I noticed my teen was going to school in his PJs.
  • Jess_KimbaJess_Kimba Posts: 20 Member
    HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop
    15-cx0154TX
    Intel Core i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
    8GB RAM
    64-bit
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
    Intel UHD Graphics 630

15GB mods (mostly build/buy/CAS cc)

All packs except for: Eco Lifestyle, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Spooky, Romantic Garden, Cool Kitchen and Moschino.

I'm way too lazy to remove my mods folder before updating, and I haven't played much since the update, but I've had no issues so far. The only thing that might have changed is that my game doesn't actually close when I "save and exit", but that might be unrelated to the update.
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    Edit: I noticed my teen was going to school in his PJs.

Same for both children and teens.

• Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I haven't had any crashes or lagging in the game

But...

Weird things are happening when they didn't before. The sketch pad is glitching. My sim uses it, but after a while he'll just suddenly drop it on the ground and the game doesn't recognise he's sketched anything. If I spent money on sketching, I lose the money and I don't get the painting.

Also during club gatherings, the members don't change into their outfits. They spin around and are still wearing their everyday outfits.

I've seen glitches before and they usually sort themselves out after quitting the game and signing back in. I'm hoping that will fix things this time.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I played for several hours today and I had no issues - I was playing a new save with only a few updated mods if that helps.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited November 2020

I had this happen in one of my households. I had the child "Make a wish" with a Winter Cake and he kept resetting. So I had Mom bake a chocolate cake and took the family out to a community lot. No problem there.

I aged up a pair of twin children in another household using chocolate cake and had no issues either.

Have to test if it's a winter cake issue or if it's because I had the kitchen in the first household done in a platform.

I do have mods and cc.

Edit: Can also confirm that children go to school in their PJ's. Haven't checked the teens yet.

Edit 2: just created a new save. Cheated skills to make Dad bake all the cakes for 6 children. The hamburger cake, winter cake and the coconut cake were the only hit and miss to age up the child. Had to try several times. I had no issues with blowing the candles on a platform. So maybe it's DLC cake issue. It will get sorted either way.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I haven't had any issues. I usually don't (I do think a lot of it is luck and circumstances in game), but once, right before EL pre-patch I couldn't play anything but brand new saves and they did fix that right before EL released. Hopefully that ends up the same here for the people crashing now.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've played for 3 hours so far with zero crashes. I did my usual routine of deleting cache, patching, repairing game then restarting PC before playing.

Gameplay differences I've noticed are...
    • sims talking to each other more.
    • toddlers being taken to bed.
    • sims cooking rather than eating leftovers.
    • children going to school in sleepwear.
    • club members not changing into club outfits.
  • MilyMily Posts: 3 New Member
    Update on my ps4 make the game crash... Can't play until it's fixed. 😔 What to do?
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    No issues at all. It think part is luck and part is my system.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    No issues at all. And i play in a toaster :smiley:
  • nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    I haven't had any crash issues but my Sims will not eat any leftovers. The fridge is full of excellent meals and they consistently want to cook when they are hungry.
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    No issues.
    I play on console (Xbox one) though.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat