Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who Has Had No Issues With The Patch . . .

Either installing the patch or playing the game without crashing?

This is without having to do anything but follow installation instructions.

What do you contribute to your success in this matter = is it your computer, or just plain luck? ;)

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Zero issues as of this morning and hopefully won’t have any playing tonight. I feel like I’m just lucky but who knows lol.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    I have no issues with the new patch or the game. o:)

My specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Stealth
    Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra
    RAM: 16GB G. Skill RAM
    SSD: 500GB Samsung M.2 SSD/2TB Western Digital Black/2TB Toshiba
    GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 Ti
    Power Supply: EVGA 650W GQ
    Case: NZXT H510
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I haven't had any issues yet. I honestly think it's just luck at this point--the 9/3 patch was horrible for me (lost a few saves), yet this patch which is much larger runs ok
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    edited November 2020
    Played several hours with no issues other than it still seems to start to lag if use build/buy a lot while playing.
    Post edited by AprilDawn on
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    No problem for me so far. I've played for a couple of hours.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    No problems after a couple of hours. Still feel a bit anxious while playing so it would be nice to know why the crashing and failure to load are happening.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I got a “corrupt file” while trying to open TS4 from origin. I tried repairing it but for some reason is took like 1hr before it crashed half way in. Heard it’s fast for others 😫, but after I uninstalled origin and was able to play with no corrupt message
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Device name DESKTOP-Alienware X51 R3
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz
    Installed RAM 16.0 GB
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

No problem on download install or play. I have played about 2 hours so far.

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    No problems thus far. The initial load was a little long, but that is nothing. I have no extraneous antivirus software and play vanilla, so there are not a lot of excuses for a patch to screw up my game without it being messed up by design.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited November 2020
    No problems after several hours. I play offline.

Game crashed just now. The only thing I did differently than the sessions before was entering build mode for an extended period. Two real life minutes after returning to lifemode the game closed, no error code, no shut down notification.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    I haven't patched yet, but I think having issues also has to do with how many packs/mods you have and how old/big your save is. The more the patch has to change, the more opportunities there are for something to go wrong.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I wouldn't classify this as an issue per se, just something that is supposed to be fixed but isn't.....

7Narxul.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I’ve had no installation or crashing issues. Only annoying game play issues.
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    I've had no issues with it. I play while online. Also, I didn't have mods while updating the game.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I've had no problems since the patch. I just followed the instructions.

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    No crashes after 2 hours of play. I've noticed some things that were supposed to be "fixed" but are not. Game seems to be running slower and sims seem to be standing around doing nothing much more. No excuses for poor game performance, when my computer exceeds the requirements for the game.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    edited November 2020
    Zero issues here which is surprising because I usually always have issues. I love the patch.

Edit: I didn‘t follow the instructions btw. I‘m too lazy to remove my mods and cc.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    edited November 2020
    I was playing for a few hours with no issues but then my game suddenly crashed, no message, no warning. I do have in mods and cc but I started playing when it seemed like most of my mods got updated and were fine. I did get a few script errors but that's usually normal for me tbh. So it could be a mod issue that caused the crash. And I don't have any other issues that people seem to be having.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    I played for about 6 hours straight last night, mostly in build mode. No mods or CC installed. Zero problems.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400K CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
    Installed RAM 8.0 GB
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I’ve had no crashes but my bowling isn’t working right they stand there and won’t fit he game
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited November 2020
    I have had no issues or lag, game is running as per normal :) I do have no mods and only 2 cc items. I have all the expansion, game and stuff packs. I have an alienware gaming laptop :)
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    As the patch installed I had a permission request from my antivirus software and once I opened the game and played a bit I realized I couldn’t save to the library or the gallery I got a message in game that a problem occurred and my lot couldn’t save. Each time I tried I also got a message from Norton saying the game was engaging in suspicious behavior.

So I uninstalled Norton because I had been having other issues with it as well and was then able to save my build. I went back to my original antivirus PC Matic and have had no troubles since. I only installed Norton because my internet provider offers it for free, but it wasn’t worth it. There seems to be something in that patch that some antivirus softwares don’t like.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    No problems so far here, other than a few broken mod issues after updating. But those are to be expected in the first few days at least!
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    I have zero issues in my new Save. If I go into past saves, I experience the crash from time to time. I haven't been able to tell what triggers it but the game just disappears.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited November 2020
    I update my game on my other computer now, no issues so far with a new save, maybe I will have problems once I start adding back mods and tries to play my old save.

I dare say that I think the townie outfits also seem to have improved, it's not a huge improvement but they seem better than before, I have seen exceptions though.