Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who Has and Who Hasn't Installed The Latest Patch?

Comments

• Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    After hearing all the issues, too afraid to patch right now, and I have a preordered copy of Snowy Escapes thanks to son, so that is bumming me out some. I can't risk not being able to play the game.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I think the grill might be bugged. I sent a sim on vacation to Sulani and she grilled a feast for herself at really high speed. I had to click Reset Sim a few times before she stopped.

a6z9ySm.png
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I updated last night and played for a few hours then and then about an hour this morning. So far no issues or crashes. Hope they put a hotfix out ASAP for those having issues though because something is very wrong with the patch for a lot of players.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    My biggest annoyances are the crashing and that it's broken the NPCC mod. My game is full of ugly townies yet again now and it's crashed five times since the patch :s
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    My sims kids are not changing clothes when they go to school anymore. They’re going in their pyjamas. Also my sims are standing around doing nothing a lot more now too. :'(
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    It's working fine for me. There was obviously the hassle of redownloading mods, but other than that it's been smooth sailing.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I haven't updated yet. For a while now I have delayed patching my game until any broken mods are fixed. It also saves me from dealing with the other weird stuff that patches bring, like what's happening now with game crashes etc.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited November 2020
    Restaurants are still broken. It's absolute chaos. My sim went to a restaurant on a date, and their food never came. Sims were walking all over, singing, kids were making messes everywhere. I just had my sim eat at the bar and leave. So much for this patch fixing restaurants....

I feel like this patch isn't very stable. I didn't have any crashes, but the game wasn't running very smoothly.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited November 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    My sims kids are not changing clothes when they go to school anymore. They’re going in their pyjamas. Also my sims are standing around doing nothing a lot more now too. :'(

I noticed both of these things. My sim went to school in her athletic clothes from being on the treadmill.

And the game wasn't running that great. Seems like it took forever for sims to do anything. I stopped playing after 2 hours it was so annoying! And I have a good gaming computer that more than exceeds the requirements for this game.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,868 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Restaurants are still broken. It's absolute chaos. My sim went to a restaurant on a date, and their food never came. Sims were walking all over, singing, kids were making messes everywhere. I just had my sim eat at the bar and leave. So much for this patch fixing restaurants....

I feel like this patch isn't very stable. I didn't have any crashes, but the game wasn't running very smoothly.

This still confuses me. How these things are so different in each others games.

Even in vanilla , I have never had such a chaos. I sure did have the stealing food bug back then, they occasionally wonder around but always sit back to eat.

And service has always been pretty fast also.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I patched and everything is running well, knock on wood. I played for hours on end yesterday and today. I run a vanilla game. I had one staircase that stopped functioning for some reason, but I rebuilt it and it’s solved. My sims’ autonomy is much more snappy!
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    It's standard procedure for me to wait to patch the game ubtil at least a few days after the patch/new pack is out. I have soooo many mods that require updating usually I just plan on not playing for a week to a week and a half.

Thankfully Assassins Creed Valhalla came out and Im still working on my NaNoWriMo so I'm plenty busy.

Hope everyone that is having problems gets theirs resolved quickly.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    It's standard procedure for me to wait to patch the game ubtil at least a few days after the patch/new pack is out. I have soooo many mods that require updating usually I just plan on not playing for a week to a week and a half.

Thankfully Assassins Creed Valhalla came out and Im still working on my NaNoWriMo so I'm plenty busy.

Hope everyone that is having problems gets theirs resolved quickly.

I don't use mods. I have some cc, but not loads.
    I'm still not sure even if I will update when a fix comes out, not unless I'm a 100 percent sure it is a fix and it doesn't break something else. I'm happy where my game is at this moment in time and have no intensions to add anymore packs to my game - BUT, that's the way I'm thinking today.
    Smart move to wait a few days before patching. If I do patch again, I certainly won't be doing it immediately knowing now I can still play in offline mode. One thing I have noticed though, as soon as you close origin and go back in again, it puts you back online prompting you to update. Sneaky!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • HotSusieluHotSusielu Posts: 14 New Member
    I updated my game yesterday with the new patch. my game runs smoothly with no crashes however I do have some bugs. When I went to a restaurant my sims couple could not enjoy the date because literally everyone in the restaurant was fighting. When one fight stopped another one started. It was NOT brawl day (holiday on the calendar). Also every time my sim's friend and boyfriend come to the house they keep making that de-stressing potion on the grill and the potions are left all over the house. On the plus side the cubes that kept appearing in sims inventory seems to have stopped.
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    My origin must have updated itself while I was at work, because it's not working now. What do these updates do anyway? I never notice the bugs in my game getting fixed.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited November 2020
    I installed the patch on my other computer now, I don't seem to have any issues with a new save without mods, I will try and bring back some updated mods later and see if I can play my older save.

Even townie outfits seems to have been improved, at least when it comes to combinations, color swatches can still sometimes look weird.

jzhTeEg.png

I have seen some exceptions on some sims where they still have crazy combinations but I think it looks...somewhat better.
    @logion , that makes me wonder, maybe, most of the new fixes really need a new save to work as they should?

• logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited November 2020
    @logion , that makes me wonder, maybe, most of the new fixes really need a new save to work as they should?

Could be, one reason why the game can crash is save corruption. For example a save where the game can't load the relationships between sims or load an existing lot.
    logion wrote: »

Could be, one reason why the game can crash is save corruption. For example a save where the game can't load the relationships between sims or load an existing lot.

Yes, as I have seen people saying the not washing dishes at bathroom is working, but those were at new saves.

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I have and no issues so far (knocks on wood)
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited November 2020
    I am now 2 patches behind and I don't know when I'll touch the game again. These bugs are out of control. I'd much rather observe how things are going rather than find out how buggy my own game has become at this point.

It's a shame... I wanted to buy Snowy Escape for my nephew since he's very interested in Japanese culture. We've been sharing my account for years enjoying sims together.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2020

I doubt it, I started this save a week ago and played for maybe 5 hours total. It has two families in it that are mine. And I don't use any mods, all this on a very good gaming PC. This save is not complex or old enough to be this affected.

That being said, you're not wrong that this happens a lot with patches - they work for new saves, not old ones. But the crashes (only bug I have) are probably not related to the save. At least I don't think so.
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

I've tried it with both a new save and an old save, and both crashed.

It does seem to be just in Live Mode, though. So I could probably re-install all my build CC and keep working on revising my Save Template... but I really should take the hint from the universe and work on my NaNo.
    edited November 2020
    Just a question for anyone who might know, so I don't start a new thread to ask; see if you patch, do the updates update to the installed game via origin/software on your computer, or through the EA game files? Meaning, IF you update and it screws your game up, if you have your EA folder saved elsewhere, if you delete the new screwed up one, and replace the pre-patch one, will that revert to pre patch screw up?
    This sounds like something I should know from ts3 days, but, since now everything goes through origin, I have no idea anymore.
    This question doesn't look in writing as it does in my head. I hope it's understandable haha!
    MLgj4Vx.png
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I am now 2 patches behind and I don't know when I'll touch the game again. These bugs are out of control. I'd much rather observe how things are going rather than find out how buggy my own game has become at this point.

It's a shame... I wanted to buy Snowy Escape for my Nephew since he's very interested in Japanese culture. We've been sharing my account for years enjoying sims together.

I've had few annoying bugs. Few enough to warrant screwing up my game to a supposed bug fix and update.
    MLgj4Vx.png