Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thank you EA/Maxis for the November 10 Patch....

I have heard that some players are having issues with the patch. I hope they get it fixed and can play very soon.

This patch is amazing. I play with families, and whether they intended it or not, family gameplay got a huge boost! Sims are focusing on each other more. The sentiments are fantastic.

I also love the rental properties, the platforms, etc. These all add some really interesting build options.

But most of all, thank you for all the fixes! I know that such a complex game has bugs, but you really fixed some annoying issues. Thank you!
The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D

Comments

• MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Seconded. The sentiment system is amazing. The platforms are terrific. I'm just blown away. Thanks sims team!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yeah, I like the new stuff I just hope they get the new issues fixed so we can enjoy it. I'm too distracted by having to save my game every 20 minutes incase it crashes at the moment
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Thannnnkkkyyyoouuuuuuu!!!!🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited November 2020
    So far, so good. I was able to resolve my issue of not being able to get into my game, by simply doing a restart of my computer. Voila. Not only that, but the mods I use seem to be functioning just fine and the hotfix for one is now out. (The others were reported by their creators as compatible.) I am one very happy camper. Thank you, EA!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've got at least two mods I can ditch -- Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop and the freelancer fix -- so my mod folder at least is thankful. :D I love that there's no reciprocity on the sentiments; my male Sim has a sentiment about his live-in girlfriend/fiancee spending quality time with him, but her sentiment about him is still developing. And Don Lothario thinks she's fun to be around; he came over to visit her boyfriend/fiance but he was busy programming so she chatted with him a bit.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited November 2020
    I've only played for an hour but was pleased to see sims completely eat their meals in a restaurant and gain a first sentiment. So, thank you!

However, make lifestyles a base game addition and I may start to like you! :)
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Mindofy wrote: »
    Seconded. The sentiment system is amazing. The platforms are terrific. I'm just blown away. Thanks sims team!

Let's hope the platforms are a step towards (ba-dum tss) full-scale split levels.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    It’s really encouraging to see these bugs tackled and such great new features added. I feel like the Sims team listened to a lot of player feedback to bring us this. Keep up the great work!! Thank you.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    It's good, but my sims still do the dishes in a bathroom sink. And my game keeps crashing.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Chomper88Chomper88 Posts: 32 Member
    I am so jealous of all of you... I am in the boat of my game will not launch after the update and no one has been able to help fix it :( I am really glad that it is working for all of you and that they fixed a lot. I can't wait to get in and see the updates!!
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    The plattforms are amazing, and the sentiments are really cute, I just got the adorable adoring one, it is just perfect. Thank you.
    cp1k9zF.png

2ymrqgS.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It’s like a new game for me! And I was worried about sentiments, but they’re great in my game too! Thank you so much! 👍🌈🎶🥰
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited November 2020
    this patch is great

though I can only say it for the platforms part because I'm too obsessed with those to explore the rest of the patch features to form any opinions

and i really need to stop platforming platforms onto platforms with platforms on them and just go play already :sweat_smile:

ive noted a glitch with platforms connected to exterior wall getting exterior wall trims though which is mega annoying hope they fix that

and also i feel like sims reacting to other sims on stage may not work as intended but idk if my stage was just too extra with all the levels or distance between sims :joy:

oh and also as our sims are raising closer to ceilings I'm really wishing we could paint those ceilings *puppy eyes at sims team*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    I hope they fixed problems I have been having lately. Are sims now doing the given tasks or do I have to follow up on them if they actually do them? Not putting the toddler in/out he chair anymore when giving food? Do they use the laptop without first sitting on the chair? And how is the voting system going when the option is enabled? Do sims still jump out of bed for not reason whatsoever? Do we still need to cheat on the mailbox? These are just a few of the many things i'd like to see fixed, cause they really break my joy of playing.
    Besides that, I won't update my game just yet. I don't know if it's all worth it if these bugs either get worse or aren't fixed.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It's a great patch. I very hope they can fix the issue soon for people that are unable to play though.
  • LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    I was a bit scared to start my game, but I didn't have any crashes and the session was a blast. Bjorn and Clara are passionately in love now, I'm having cuteness overload <3
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I agree. I may be having the crashing issue but what I saw of the Sentiments was really cool!! Families getting special sentiments for each other, and not all the same, is just great. I also liked that my family oriented sim seemed to be developing sentiments for her family much much faster than the others in the household. Not sure that's intended but if it is it's great!! So I hope it is. And my vampire sim being impressed with Lilith after receiving vampiric training from her = ❤️. And I haven't even looked at platforms yet lol. So yes, great patch :)
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Yes, Thank you!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    It's a great patch. Thank you. :smiley:
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    The content is so good, just so sad it keeps crashing.
  • smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks EA for all the fixes you all got out for us this game works so much better and can't wait for the new game to bring so much fun for us simmers to injoy you all did a great job for us to injoy this game thanks so much. Our all sure made us so happy with this patch and all you put in to it. the game feels so real and i can not wait untel we have the new pack to injoy with all the fixes you all did thanks to all that put there work in to this pack and all the fixes you did to the game you sure put a big smile on my facethanks
  • Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    So happy with the new update and snowy escape.
    Thank you for your amazing work.