Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited November 2020
    @Turjan
    I found the solution about that empty stage issue while I was playing him as inactive for a while. I've noticed that in Monte Vista and he was my active singer sim. Even I didn't get the interaction to proprietor,'ask to join the simfest'. I started a new game with a female fairy In Bridgeport, and I placed the singer sim as inactive in Bridgeport. Whenever the simfest was on, my fairy went to there, and he was always singing in every simfest place, and noticed empty stage after his performance. And after that empty stage, there were a couple of more other performers in the simfest. I set 2 more inactive showtime performers on register mod, then the issue has gone. :) Also I still don't know why but I eventually got 'ask to join simfest; on proprietor in Bridgeport after he joined my active family.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    The Watcher is in a Real Bad Mood

...so he went ahead and zapped the ever-lovin' caca out of Shawnee Fox.
    Screenshot-4.jpg
    Well, Shucks...Shawnee...
    Screenshot-6.jpg
    Y'ain't gonna git to work at that rate.

Maybe we need to light a fire under your tail-end...
    giphy.gif
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    @Karritz I can understand that, given your games run pretty much always at the brink of what's possible, as far as resources go. At least the random genetics mod I mentioned doesn't seem to have any noticeable impact on game performance, unlike the "Play with genetics" of Master Controller, so I was happy when I tried that. Plus, you get real slider blends, not just full features inherited.
    Nice photo shoots! I didn't expect those.

@Nikkei_Simmer Nice update. But I guess you hit the nail on its head: What do you do with the inhabitants if they have to stay underground for decades, confined to always the same place? Make them mad and eat each other? :lol: Well, I'll see what you will come up with. Other than zapping, of course :wink: .
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @bekkasan

Aww, poor Jamie did not deserve her outburst like that.
    She's a great-looking sim with a hot temper.
    Bekka sure has her past demons to deal with first,
    before pursuing another guy me thinks.

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Hey everyone. :)

I've been reading all your awesome posts - while sipping on hot chocolate, it's been cold and snowy here - and giving out Awesomes! I love how active this thread still is and it fills my heart with joy. :blush: I pray it always will be.

That being said, it has been moving a little slow lately ;) so I think it's time for me to post another story update. :mrgreen: I've been excited to for a day now! Great stuff coming up! :star: I just need to look it over again and get it all set up in a comment box to post. 👍

So stay tuned everyone and Happy Simming! :kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited November 2020
    Here it is everyone! :mrgreen: I just have to say that every scene in this part of the Chapter is awesome - and I enjoyed writing every word of them - but the scene with Harvey and Penny is my absolute favorite. <3<3 (Perhaps foreshadowing a future Christmas story... 🤔 :smirk: Tee hee! Not this year though.)
    Enjoy everyone! :grin: Lots you don't want to miss in this one!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Continuation of Chapter 10

Fall was approaching quickly. It seemed a bit sudden after such a hot day at the beach last week, but this was a whole different world - they all reminded themselves - with clearly its own set of rules. Temperatures dropped quite a bit every evening that week and the leaves on the non-fir trees were beginning to turn golden and red.

Leah suggested to the ladies that it was time to harvest all the fruits from the fruit trees, remembering how much the wasps were picking at the pears the other day. That should’ve been a sign to harvest them then, she thought, chiding herself for knowing better, but shrugged it off. It was better to harvest late with half the edible fruits than to not harvest at all. Abigail kindly offered to assist her. The other girls were perfectly happy to do other things.

50539370347_e1f14f56b1_c.jpg

50538501468_0e71b78ba4_c.jpg

After harvesting the trees, Leah and Abigail decided to tackle the ripe fruits and vegetables in the greenhouse while they were at it.

“So,” Leah began, just as a pesky weed pri'ck'ed her finger, trying to distract from her overly curious inquiring, “you and Sebastian looked a little cozy at the beach the other day…”
    Abigail’s eyeballs darted in her direction, before returning to the grapes. “Oh. Yeah?” She didn’t feel particularly close with Leah to have this kind of conversation.

50539370432_66c61c3081_c.jpg

“You guy’s dating now too?”
    Abigail pushed her previous thought aside. It was an understandable question, given what seemed to be in the water lately. “No,” she simply replied. Not yet...
    A look of surprise wore all over the redhead’s face. “Oh, uh...sorry. I didn’t mean to be so nosy. I just thought--”
    “I understand why you assumed.” She flashed her a kind smile.
    Leah nodded. “Well, you two really seem to have a beautiful friendship and you look great together. Do you think anything will ever happen there?” Then she held a hand to her mouth. “Oops, sorry. That was nosy again.”
    Abigail chuckled. Leah sure picked up the motherly role since they landed here, she thought. “I dunno. Maybe.”

50539370452_676441a0d0_c.jpg

Leah chose not to press the matter any further and simply gave Abigail a nod and a smile before moving on to harvest another row.

Abigail stayed in her crouched position with a frown, worrisome thoughts consuming her mind again. I’d love to tell her how much I want Seb and I to be together, but...I’m not sure what he’ll think of me now when I reveal to him that I’m, she swallowed, a witch. The thought of losing his friendship over such a revelation pained her heart so greatly that her airway began to constrict. She had to dismiss it quickly.

50539370482_946f6accf2_c.jpg

It was no mystery how Sebastian felt about the Wizard in conversations past, pretty much like the rest of the town felt about him: strange, “apprentice to the Devil,” and an essential outcast; though his feelings were a little less heated. That being because the children only knew what their parents taught them about the Wizard and it’s all they really cared to know, except Abigail. Even though Rasmodius had been cast out of town months before she was born her dad always seemed to make it a point to express how evil he is, sometimes unnecessarily. Her mother would just quietly listen with a bowed head, never uttering a word in edgewise or agreement. In fact, her mother never spoke much about the Wizard at all. In which way would Seb react about me?

Abigail shook her head. She couldn’t dwell on it, the revelation was inevitable. It’d been killing her to keep such a secret from her best friend - the man who held her heart - but the reaction of her own parents and the town residents so deeply frightened her about “coming out” that that’s what kept her from doing so. It was certainly a justifiable fear and reason, even though, she thought, if anyone deserved to know the truth about her it was Sebastian.

She drew in a breath and exhaled it slowly to calm her aching soul. She had to believe that Sebastian would understand; that magic is a part of her and there was nothing she could do to get rid of it. Nor did she ever want to. All her hopes clung to that belief. She prayed she’d never have to say to him, “Take me as I am, or don’t take me at all,” because...she loved him and she didn’t exactly know which choice he would make, when she felt like she really should, and that is what was bothering her the most.

For now she just had to figure out when would be the right time to tell him. And it needed to be soon.

During that same time, far away from both houses, Harvey and Penny drove around town to find a nice place to have a picnic lunch alone together. They finally settled on a pretty little park a walking path away from the cemetery. Mostly because its location piqued their curiosity.

A large, old and leafless tree stood prominently at the center of the park, giving off one heck of a creepy vibe to Penny and she was soon to discover why.

“Hangman’s Tree,” she read from the historical landmark plaque embedded in a tall stone. Basically it was the place where all the Appaloosa criminals paid the ultimate price for their unpardonable crimes back in the old days. That’s why it’s just off the cemetery, she thought, a slight chill running down her spine.
    “Wow,” Harvey spoke, gazing up at the tree. “You can clearly see the indentation in that branch where the rope was tied.”

50539370522_0edc35c571_c.jpg

Penny shuddered at the thought. There was a reason she never cared to learn about, or teach about, these kinds of events in history. It was too graphic and disturbing. “Ugh,” she voiced. “It’s just such a cruel way to institute capital punishment. I don’t care what the person did.”
    “Not necessarily,” Harvey kindly corrected. “If they calculated it just right, and positioned the noose properly, the person’s neck would snap instantly, causing immediate unconsciousness before death, so it’d be painless.” He began to go into more medical detail while gesturing with his hands.

50538501583_d589ee8920_c.jpg

“However oftentimes it wasn’t done correctly so…”
    “Baaah I don’t want to hear it!” Penny cried, throwing her hands up to emphatically express it.

50539225876_8fa88c682f_c.jpg

Harvey chuckled, mostly because of how adorable her natural reaction was, and enveloped her in his arms. “I wasn’t going to go into any more detail,” he revealed, “I just wanted to tease you a little bit.”
    “This kind of stuff you don’t tease me with,” she mumbled, nestling her cheek against his; kind of being playful, but mostly not.
    “I’ll remember that,” he said, rubbing his hand up and down her back. “I’m sorry.”

50539370572_d685ec2a29_c.jpg

“Maybe we should choose a different place to have our picnic,” Penny suggested while breaking their embrace. “This place is giving me the creeps now.”

50539225971_845f5f9e05_c.jpg

Harvey could feel the goosebumps on her arms and rubbed at them as he took a quick look around. His gaze settled on a spot behind him. “Let’s try that nice, flat spot down the hill a bit. It’s away from the tree and surrounded by tall and pretty flowering bushes.” He returned his gaze back to her. “It’ll be perfect.”
    “Okay,” she smiled, ever trusting him.

50538501653_2471c9372e_c.jpg

Together they spread out the blanket and promptly sat themselves down. Both of their stomachs rumbled, ready for food.

As Penny pulled out the plates and utensils from the basket she asked Harvey how the compounding had been going so far that day. He told her it was mostly going well, but his face fell as he expressed continued concern about foreign illnesses that might befall them especially during the cold season, regardless of none of the locals being around to transfer anything like she mentioned to him before. This world was strange and evolved in a way very differently from their own, he expressed. Because of that, Harvey wasn’t going to put anything past it. Or more so, he wasn’t going to put anything past the Wizard, as this quest was beginning to feel like a great test to him, more than what they all previously surmised.

50539368247_2eb8da2b96_c.jpg

For a moment, Penny thought on what to say for comfort. “I’m sure we’ll still be okay,” was the best she could come up with. “I’m learning that it’s best not to worry about something when it hasn’t even happened yet or you most likely end up feeling miserable over nothing. Though I know that’s easier said than done!”
    “Yeah,” he puffed.
    She then reached over to take his hand and his eyes met hers. “It’s good that you’re doing your best to prepare for whatever might happen, and I love that you care so much about the well being of all of us,” she expressed. “I knew you naturally did as our town physician, but I didn’t realize just how deeply you cared. Especially for someone like Shane,” she had to add to ease the tension in his soul.
    It worked and they both chuckled.
    “You’re such a good man Harvey...so underrecognized back home. I wish everyone there could see what I see in you.” She smiled with a blush. “Maybe after this whole experience they will.”

Her words filled his heart with warmth, almost to the point that tears pri'ckl'ed behind his eyes. I love you, he wanted to say, but that was such a big expression he felt she might not be ready to hear from him just yet. Instead he went with, “Thank you Penny. That means a lot to hear you say.”
    “You’re welcome. It’s kinda nice to see you worry sometimes,” she smirked, “it makes me feel like we’re all the more perfect for each other.”
    Harvey grinned. He couldn’t agree more.

They went on to talk about all sorts of different things. Home, this time in Appaloosa, the others, even the quest came up again, as they enjoyed their meal.

50538499238_e066ee38cc_c.jpg

When they finished and cleaned up, Penny pushed the basket far off to the side so they could stretch out and relax on the blanket together. Sometime during all their talking, Harvey ended up resting his head on Penny’s lap and she gazed down into his eyes as he spoke, stroking his hair, not minding at all. She couldn’t ever remember being in a happier setting than in this moment.

50539223566_39d39e0b94_c.jpg

In turn, Harvey was very much feeling the same, rubbing at her back and thinking how gorgeous she looked hovering above him with such a captivating look in her eyes. He was about to tell her as much until she spoke.
    “Do you remember that first Christmas you spent in Pelican Town, working under Doctor Harris just before he retired?” she asked, continuing to stroke his hair.
    The gentle touch of her fingertips on his scalp aroused him, but he was paying attention enough to remember. “How could I forget?”
    Her face beamed. “I was hoping you’d say that. It was the best Christmas ever! You and Doctor Harris went way out of your way to make it special for me and my mom, after her health scare. I’ll never forget it.”
    He lifted a hand to stroke her cheek. “It was the least we could do, especially under the circumstances.” He wasn’t just referring to her mother’s health, but their poverty. “Plus we also had to make sure that our patient’s teenage daughter got exactly what she’d been wishing for that Christmas when her mother lay in a hospital bed.” He winked. “If I recall, it was something you’d been asking for for a couple of years.”
    There came a bright, cheeky smile. “Yes! And I still have it.”
    “I’m glad.” He blushed.

“So,” Penny went on, shifting her weight a bit, but keeping Harvey’s head in her lap, “I have to ask: Who’s idea was it? To do all that for us?”
    Harvey’s eyes darted from one direction to the other, playfully responding, “I dunno…”
    Penny chuckled and leaned in closer to his face, her lips almost touching his as if to coax. “It was yours wasn’t it?”
    “Guilty,” he gave in.
    There came a faint squeal. “I knew it! Because honestly it didn’t seem like something Doctor Harris would go out of his way to do...no offense to the man.”
    Harvey gave a slight bob of his head in agreement. “It took a little convincing,” he smiled.

Penny’s grin grew brighter as she stroked his cheek, a grateful look in her eye. “That was so incredibly sweet of you Harvey. I never got over it. That might’ve been when I developed a little crush on the new, young and cute Doctor in town.”
    Harvey’s blush turned a crimson red. “Well...you were pretty cute back then too.”
    Penny’s mouth dropped. “You thought I was cute!?”
    “Well,” he halted, “you were a minor and I was in my twenties so I didn’t think it with that kind of affection. Anyone can notice when a person is beautiful, no matter what their age is.”
    Her eyes sparkled. “Well, I’m sure glad I’m not a minor anymore...”
    “Oh gosh me too…”
    “Oh Harvey!” She rolled her body on top of his, pleasurably surprising the man, and began intensely kissing him, expressing all of the deepest affections she’d carried for him all these years. In a matter of seconds he had made her feel like the most beautiful woman on the planet and her inner tiger started coming out. It surprised her even, but she liked the feeling too much to pull back.

50538499208_83574e5e22_c.jpg

Moans began to be expressed between the two, following every kiss. Harvey stopped them for a moment to remove his glasses and carefully toss them aside before rolling Penny onto her back and taking over.

50538499178_3472b8909d_c.jpg

His body and soul burned with desire as their lips and bodies continually collided in a vigorous, sexual motion. “Oh Penny…,” he breathed, kiss after kiss.

50539368162_4d81a95991_c.jpg

His hand soon began wandering from her hip up into her shirt and Penny breathed her consent in his ear, but that’s when he realized...they needed to calm down. For a variety of reasons, even though it was horribly difficult to do.

Harvey planted his hand on the ground, along with the other, and rested his face in the nape of her neck, breathing heavily. “We should stop.”
    Penny nodded breathlessly, but couldn’t help feeling disappointed. “I really don’t want us to,” she whispered.
    “I know, me neither,” he said while lifting his head and flashing her a smile. “You have no idea. But there’ll be a time and place for that; when we’re both truly ready. Not here, not yet.” He stroked her cheek in assurance.

Not ready!? This moment is perfect! Then Penny suddenly remembered something. She once overheard Harvey indirectly tell Alex’s grandmother - who was prying about his love life at the Spring Festival - that he preferred to wait until marriage to consummate a relationship. It impressed the old woman and it certainly made Penny admire him all the more as that was a rare custom these days. Even she sometimes felt it was the best way to go. Sometimes. Does this mean...he’s thinking about marrying me or...is he unsure? She couldn’t help the immediate sinking feeling in her stomach, as he lifted her up onto her feet, but figured he most likely stopped them because it had to do with the respect he carried for her and she could always feel that.

Harvey took her face in his hands and very tenderly kissed her forehead, sensing her thoughts. “Don’t worry, it’s nothing about you. I just want to make sure we do this right.”
    “I know…” she exhaled into his chest.

50539368147_149f718fd1_c.jpg

“I care about you too much.”
    “I know that too,” she looked up at him with a smile. See? Respect. “And you know, putting aside the events of that Christmas, I can see why my mom has actually grown to respect you. Not just as a Doctor, but as a person.” She tried to hold back the tears from forming. “I very much share that same respect.”
    Harvey smiled with relief, his eyes gleaming, as he leaned in and kissed her deeply again. Gosh how I love her. She’s the girl for me and someday soon I’ll tell her. “Well your mother’s rare given respect is one I’d certainly hate to lose especially since I’m courting you,” he said.
    That too shed some light on the situation. “True!” Penny expressed. Her heart no longer pounded, but fluttered wildly for him again. He’s so amazing. I’m falling in love…

Meanwhile at the guy’s house, Shane finally got himself up and dressed for the day while Emily was taking a break from her vigil. She called Haley to see if everything was alright and Haley simply told her that everything was great.

“Sorry I haven’t visited or anything,” Haley casually apologized, “I’ve just been a bit occupied with Alex lately.”

50587020118_5de23b915b_c.jpg

Emily could almost feel the smirk on the other end. It was no mystery that her sister was having sex with Alex, but she didn’t realize just how much sex they were having. She really didn’t wish to press for any details like most sisters do and certainly hoped the two were being wise in their sexual intimacy. Not that any advice she had to give, Haley would take anyway. “Okay, well I shouldn’t be here 24/7 for too much longer. Shane’s getting better each day and,” she sighed, her heart aching from the dreaded, but inevitable event, “I’m not sure how much longer he’ll need me to stick around you know?”
    “Yeah, well you’re really better off,” came the frank reply. “Honestly, I’m surprised you’ve lasted this long with him.”
    “Like I said, he’s getting better. He’s changing,” Emily said with a cheerful smile playing across her lips.
    “If you say so,” Haley doubted, her gum smacking into the speaker. “You certainly are a trooper sis. He sure doesn’t deserve all you’re doing for him.”

Emily’s cheerful face turned into an unamused one. “That’s not why you help people Haley, whether they deserve it or not. You do it to spread kindness to the world, hoping to leave a mark in someone’s heart to which they in turn will want to--”
    “Yeah, yeah I know,” came the interruption. “Listen Em, Alex is ready to go swimming at the gym so I’ll catch you later. Take care of yourself over there. Bye!”
    “Take care of yourself too,” Emily said, hearing the line cut off mid sentence. She glanced down at her phone and irritatingly shook her head. So much for that. It was time to check up on Shane again anyway.

When Emily entered the bedroom, Shane stopped from his pacing. He actually felt his heart skip a beat as she graced the room with her presence again.

“Hey. You okay?” Emily asked at his odd and unusual face expression pointed at her.
    Shane blinked a bit. “Uh, yeah,” he replied, going back to pacing. “Just...trying to think of what to do today, instead of laying around in this boring room.” He kicked some dirty socks on the floor into a corner.
    “Oh? Are you thinking of maybe coming out and hanging with the others?” Emily hinted at with a sly smile.
    “No,” came the swift reply, “not ready for that.”

Emily lowered her gaze, thinking she understood, then stepped forward. “So how are you feeling?” she asked, turning toward the bed to make it for him.
    “Okay, I guess,” he shrugged, his eyes involuntarily watching her hips sway from one side of the bed to the other. “Still feeling a little shaky, but at least my head doesn’t hurt.”
    “That’s great!” She broadly smiled. The first day it wasn’t a complaint since his detox started. “You’re making such great progress. Before you know it your body will be whole again.” She turned away from him to clear her throat, trying to swallow the lump in it. The bed was all made up.

“You really didn’t have to do that you know,” Shane told her, stepping closer. “You’re not the one sleeping in it.”
    “Yeah, well, I wanted to.” She flashed him a smile. “Besides, unmade beds kinda bug me. It makes the room look messy.”
    There was a slight shake of his head before Shane rubbed at the back of his neck, his emotions shifting. “Speaking of the bed,” he started, “I was uh, thinking earlier, umm...if you wanted to have the bed tonight, or whatever night, that’s, uh, cool with me. I can take the floor.”

50539223886_315f782ee7_c.jpg

He quickly glanced away and feverishly scratched at his neck.

Emily’s jaw almost fell slack with surprise at his offer, but mostly she was just extremely heart-warmed by his thoughtfulness and felt so proud of him. He IS changing! She knew that wasn’t easy for him to say so she gave him a pleasing and grateful smile. “Why Shane, that is very kind of you to offer,” she expressed. “Thank you. I may just take you up on it.”

50539368477_9aa0f8e5ef_c.jpg

A small, almost imperceptible smile appeared on Shane’s face before it disappeared. His heart suddenly pounded. Once again Emily’s beautiful smile was getting the better of him. He also couldn’t help admiring her cleavage that was so alluringly on display when normally it never is. I swear she gets prettier every day, he randomly thought. Wait...what!?
    Emily chuckled at his face expressions, only imagining what he was thinking. “Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable there.”
    “No,” he quickly said, “you didn’t, I just,” he stopped to pinch at the bridge of his nose with a sigh. “I think my head still hurts a little after all.” Though he knew it didn’t. He enjoyed these feelings, but they made him feel uneasy. Too many changes happening too fast, he thought. He stepped away from her, expelling a breath to decompress. His right arm suddenly trembled more rapidly so he smacked his left hand on it to steady it.

Emily then sat down on the edge of the bed, crossed her legs, and rested her hands in her lap. “So,” she began to ask him, “when you said you aren’t ready to see the others, why is that?”

Shane turned and shot her an unamused look. He knew what she was doing, especially with the way she was sitting. “What is it time for my therapy session or something?”
    A corner of Emily’s lip turned up. “Yeah. If you say so.”
    He rolled his eyes.
    “Hey, I offered my ‘services’ to you,” she playfully said, then turned serious. “If you don’t want to talk that’s fine, I respect that, but...there’s really nothing else to do…,” she trailed off, spreading her hands apart.
    She said that on purpose! Shane thought, scowling. However, he let out a loud sigh in mild surrender as he approached the wall, pressing his forehead upon it. Doesn’t matter what I say or do, she keeps wanting me to open up. I guess it has been helping a little. I just don’t know why she cares so much about a schmuck like me when her time could be better spent elsewhere. On someone who’s deserving of it. It wasn’t thought out of frustration, but out of a believed truth. A truth he created over the years and for the first time in all those years, he was beginning to dislike it.

Emily pulled her legs up and crossed them on the bed, respectfully waiting with patience; voicelessly telling Shane that he didn’t have to speak, just like before, simply that she was here for him. To listen. Shane noticed and could no longer pull a blanket over his eyes to her graceful devotion, and maybe he felt a little touched by it. Maybe he was realizing how much he needed it. He returned his forehead to the wall and started talking.

He revealed that he wasn’t ready to see the others yet because he knew he would have to apologize to every single one of them, due to the way he so horribly treated them, and was afraid they wouldn’t accept it or believe he was being sincere. He really couldn’t blame them. It was the first of many steps in starting anew and it terrified him.

50538499558_a9748c58a3_c.jpg

“Especially Harvey,” he emphasized. “He saved my life in spite of everything...and that makes it all the more difficult to apologize to him.” Emily knew that already, but it was wonderful to hear Shane acknowledge it.

He went on to talk about all the remorse he was beginning to feel, over everyone he hurt and let down in his life, about his poor choices, and how making it all right was deeply overwhelming him. “It’s why I never really wanted to get clean, even though I knew I desperately needed to,” he admitted. “It all just felt too hard to fix and...it’s true.” He sat himself down on the edge of the bed. He wasn’t sure exactly how to deal with all these previously buried emotions; how to come to terms with putting aside who he used to be and move forward as a better version of himself. The real version of himself. He also expressed that he greatly hoped he could keep the alcohol out of his life forever when they returned home. His hands trembled again, not just due to the lingering withdrawal.

Emily caressed his back as she listened and told him that staying sober would require a conscious effort each and every day, and it would be hard. No point in sugar-coating it. She also told him that he may very well have slip ups, which he can’t beat himself up over, but that he’s shown he can rise above it all...and could do it again. “Anyone who can’t forgive you for slipping up when you have a serious genetic addiction, isn’t worth your time,” she bluntly stated and she’d never know just how much it meant to Shane to hear her say it. Anyone who truly loves you will understand, she wanted to add, but was afraid of revealing herself.
    “After going through this hell though,” Shane uttered, “I don’t ever wanna slip up.”

50539368497_443485e33d_c.jpg

Emily smiled. “Good. Always remind yourself of that. It will give you strength.”
    He nodded, greatly hoping. “I guess I could get used to drinking soda instead or JojaMart’s sparkling water. It’s really not bad…”
    “There ya go!” She patted his shoulder with a smile.

At some point during the conversation, Shane slipped down to the floor, resting his back against the side of the bed. Emily’s body shifted from her head being at the head of the bed to the foot of it.

“I still worry I’m going to screw everything up in my life, due to my track record,” Shane muttered, leaning his head back, “even while being clean.”
    “You won’t…,” Emily comforted.
    He gulped, hoping she was right. “And,” he hesitated to say for a moment, “I’m afraid of raising Jas because...I’m a poor excuse for a parent and she’ll probably want nothing to do with me when she gets older.”
    Emily frowned at his feelings in that regard and turned her body to where her head hung down right beside his. “I understand how you can feel that way. But you know, you really can’t worry about that,” she counseled, “even though I know it’s hard. You just work on being the best you can be for her, every single day, and that will be enough.”
    He gave a slight, unconvinced nod.
    “From what little I’ve been able to see, Jas deeply loves you. She totally looks at you as her daddy. You’ll always have her in your life.”
    “I hope you’re right,” he sighed, trying to hold back the tears. Thinking of Jas always seemed to bring them on and Emily’s words just then contributed as well. “I just...hope I never let down anyone who’s ever cared about me again, and lose them for good. Jas, Aunt Marnie, you…”
    Emily brightly smiled that he included her and it filled her heart with overwhelming joy and warmth.
    “...cause then I’ll really have nothing - or no one - to live for.”

Emily inched forward, unable to keep from wrapping her arms over his shoulders and pressing her cheek against his with love. He didn’t flinch, like she wondered, letting her know she could safely stay in that position and say exactly what she wanted to say. “Don’t you worry about that because...I’ll always be here for you Shane. No matter what. You’ll never lose me.”

Her words and the soft, yet fierce touch of her cheek eased the anxieties of Shane’s soul and calmed his aching heart, more than he ever thought someone’s words or touch could. He wholeheartedly believed her because she had more than proven herself in the past few days. How is it that someone could be so amazing? He thought. And that someone found and cared about a mess like him? It really boggled his mind. More and more he was finding it hard not to allow Emily’s immense kindness and friendship to take hold of his heart. Gently he tugged at her arm until she released it from her other and wove his fingers together affectionately with hers. It created a surge of pleasurable heat between them both and their hearts pounded. “Thank you,” he whispered, caressing and then squeezing her fingers with great emotion. For a moment, he didn’t want to let them go.

50539368542_4b565a591e_c.jpg

“Why do you care so much about me?” he deeply asked her. “I’d been just as horrible to you as I’d been to the others. I don’t understand…”
    Emily could feel a lump in her throat again as tears formed upon her eyelids. She thought carefully on how to respond. “Because you always seemed like someone who was desperately crying out for help amidst all that rudeness and anger and...I could never seem to ignore it.”
    There was a long pause as he squeezed her fingers again. “Then it would seem...you knew me better than I knew myself.”
    “Well,” she blushed, feeling flattered. “A lot of that was you being consumed by your addiction, but...I’m just really intuitive. That’s all.”
    Shane nodded. “I heard Gus say that once about you.”
    “Oh did he?”
    “Yeah. I didn’t think much on it then, but,” he turned his head to look into her eyes, “I guess it’s really true.”

Emily’s smile beamed and she hoped her cheeks weren’t shining just as bright. His words and sudden change in demeanor were greatly filling her heart up with hope and excitement. Was she witnessing a miracle here? She prayed it was there to stay as she pressed her cheek against his again.

:blush:
    @emorrill

I am the first to comment on your update over here! B)
    I enjoyed it, Harvey is so good to Penny, I love how caring he is about her and her
    well being to not push things to fast forward.
    They seemed to have a lovely date outside <3.
    what a lovely garden hey have got in the glasshouse.
    Emily is a great friend to Shane too.
    @Silverofdreams30 I'm glad you were able to be the first to comment. :blush:
    Harvey is very good to Penny, a good, strong man in general. <3 Not many guys could've held back like that...Another reason for his sexual reservation will be revealed later in the chapter. ;)
    Yeah that greenhouse came with the home and it's righteous!
    Emily is there to stay for Shane, whether he likes it or not. :p (Though we all know he's beginning to like it. ;) ) We all need a good friend in our lives. <3
    Thank you for reading and for the comments. :kissing_heart:

Holy dead thread yesterday everyone! :open_mouth: Kinda surprised me...I hope y'all are okay and are just busy. Take care of yourselves in these crazy times and Happy Simming! :kissing_heart: I look forward to your posts as always.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    Nope, I'm not dead or anything, work has just been keeping me busy, plus everything else I have going on. I haven't had time to play or even reply to those of you who have left me comments. With the approaching holidays and Black Friday coming up, Walmart has been keeping me busy but things should calm down where I can participate better after that. Hope you all are doing well and staying safe from COVID.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited November 2020
    Lucky Palms update ONE I am about to play another day

A short update boring day because am really poor and stuff costs money

Started with my digs

Gold $84 :s
    Palladium 304

Went to do something free and headed to the festival lot with Kiki and look what we saw on the way

A super cute black and white wild horsey I cant haz because can't afford it :'( was really bummed about it

PYYq8Ms.png

Speaking of going...our car probably has a lawnmower engine and is held together by duct tape and elmers glue.

They see us rolling they hatin :# We have a bent antennae and get like one radio station

TYnfRIt.png

I just realized Kiki looks like Christina Applegate so it is cool i am dating Kelly Bundy :p

We get to the festival and mingle then it is time to show my skills and hopefully winning a hot dog eating contest.

Luke Perry had so much fun (RIP Luke) and guys WOW Kiki won so fast she was done way before everyone else

bRnvQGc.png

Here is my prize a free upset stomach,looks like I ate a ghost and was spewing out ectoplasm

Hec0mG7.png

If you remember I had almost no money last episode and hardly made any today.My only purchase was this 80 dollar wall sconce and I hung up the photo of first kiss we had together of her not in concession clothes

4yufSs3.png

@emorrill You better take that to a hotel room young lady,that picnic got a bit steamy and kids might have walked by.You should be ashamed :#

Cute update

And @bekkasan Why is Bekka so cute in that hat <3
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    Guys, I am so so so excited to be back! After losing my ability to play Sims 3 for so long, I am so indescribably thrilled to be back in my game and back to my family there! And now, my family here :) I would love to hear anything new in your lives that you are excited or proud about!

There have been times over the past months that I've come to the forum and looked in, checking to see which posters continued. This is such a beautiful little community. One thread can have so much power! :heart:

I am excited to be able to come participate again! I've missed this!

Thankfully I now know how to use the split screen feature on my phone, so I can make feedback way more easily while my game is loading! So exciting!

I want to get back to trying the voidcritter thing, but since I got interrupted for so long I might have to abandon the idea of making it functional… I might just let people have the object I created as just decor.

I had no idea where to start my feedback earlier, so I waited a few days since my post and now I’m going to respond to everything that’s been posted since then. :)

@CravenLestat Hiiii! I missed you! Your sim looks great and his roommate gf looks sweet and sounds really helpful to have around lol! Cori sounds like an irresponsible employee to be all the way next door! Instant Karma on that treadmill. Kiki sounds great! I hope things keep working out for ya!
    Your recreation of that house is so spot on! Your building abilities really beat mine...I build so poorly that now I just don’t do it! xD So sweet that you put it up for everyone :heart:
    Part3: Nice housing updates! I love how you are doing digs - it is a feature I remember I had experimented with on my sim not long before I stopped being able to run the game lol. I loved it so much! Cute that you and Kiki have something you can do together like that - working out at the gym, that is. Her working out surely did make a difference in her figure! :open_mouth: That’s so sweet that your sim got the wish to pop the question.
    You newest update is cute as well. I agree with you about the horse - it looks incredibly sweet. I laughed so hard when you rhymed about your bent antennae and single radio station :lol: I love the photo on the wall!

@Emily4331 Mia is beautiful in both of your makeovers but I can definitely see the improvements you made in the second makeover :) I love how Chrissy turned out! She looks so elegant in a way that usually doesn’t translate well into that particular aesthetic. She kills it! Once you pan out I can see why you decided you wanted to change it in the morning though, the dress makes her look a little worn out.

@emorrill Oh my goodness that meme is absolutely killing me! You could kill that hallmark covid story definitely, I remember how great your story telling is!
    I will have to catch up with the rest of your story, but I will say that your photos are very beautiful - I especially love the images of the walled-in garden! Oh wow, and the image with the bigger field of view of the tree is stunning too :)

@Shadow_Assassin Hi there! Your sims look very fun :)

@Karritz Hi! How’ve you been? I hear you about the game strain on your grandchildren save, lol, at one point I had a save with like 28 sims or something and it was death. I’ll be honest about being one of the people who the imaginary friends creep out lol, but I kinda do enjoy hearing about how they work in other people’s games. That group gardening actually looks like really nice bonding time tbh.
    Gwen Richards is very beautiful.

@rubyskywalker I loved when you said “some uninvited guest also came but oh well.” One time my sim was getting married and invited her sister’s girlfriend, who decided to bring her ex-boyfriend! I kept sending her ex-boyfriend home and going back to what I was doing….and then every few hours later this boy would come RUNNING into the wedding like he belonged there. :neutral: Awkward.

@Jeansoo Your photos are so vibrant! Sorry that everyone left the performance :open_mouth:

@RedDestiny92 It looks like it was fullmoon in your first screenshot, am I right? Lol. Your sims look really good and I especially think the child sim is adorable! I hope you get a girl soon, it sounds like you’re desperate lol! Oh my goodness! Yay! TWO girls, that’s so wonderful!!

@bekkasan Hi! Thank you so much for your comments, of course you are one of this forum’s most memorable members! :wink: I missed everyone so much and I’m sad that I’m now completely unsure what has happened in some people’s games(I had *already* missed the beginnings of some of the saves being shared by people back even *before* 2 years ago, some of them literally predate my *original* involvement in this forum LOL!), but I’m so excited to see so many sims that I remember! It’s so beautiful! Your sims look great and I’m not sure if I’ve ever met these ones. The winter wonderland created by the snow in this update is beautiful - looks like your sims had a lot of fun. The shot of Mary snowboarding in front of the rainbow is absolutely stunning! Looks like a budding romance is starting!
    Part2: Building an igloo together is such a cute bonding thing tbh, people always disregard stuff like that for adult couples, but tbh, you gotta be able to be a fun-loving child with your partner when the time is right <3 I love how the rainbow is making little cameos in more photos lol. Oh my goodness! Poor Bekka about her ex! Good on her though for getting such a swift and effective revenge! >:D I want to like Jamie but at the same time I feel like his response was lacking empathy! Being a good man, in and of itself, means acknowledging that other men can cause issues which result in women being cautious, and recognising that those precautions are not a personal offense. I like to remind good-seeming men that bad men are good actors. I honestly feel like even if Bekka did overreact a little, her fear was understandable.

@Nikkei_Simmer Yay! A new story! That makes me happy because over the last years I lost track of what was going on with everyone’s saves, so this post is the one post that I won’t be missing a precursor to. LOL. So sad though that Katsuji is having such a hard time. Oh! A supernatural in a prejudice world! I feel like I don’t see werewolves as often as I would like and I really enjoy them! It’s great that he was able to get a tent but I actually felt bad that he lost his camera lol. It is smart for him to start a garden! :) Wow, I felt *really* bad seeing the screenshot of him in front of the food truck looking on wistfully.

@Turjan Wow! That’s a lot of dead werewolves :O
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    Sarah and Jenny in 2020 Pt 2

My first full day back into Sarah and Jenny's save started with a loud storm that softened into a slightly foggy shower with a red sunrise. Look at the moon slice over head too!
    50590702782_e116491fc9_k.jpg

Sarah got some headshots. She can even make throwing out the trash look good:
    50590702752_872557c9d3_k.jpg
    50590581501_37edd5e75c_k.jpg
    50590702717_bdb6444fa0_k.jpg

While Sarah was cleaning up those spoilt leftovers, Jenny was getting Summer up for the day. Reshade made her look so red in the sunrise!
    50590702682_32d1bd6e8b_k.jpg
    50590581381_5c9c2a008d_k.jpg

After her clean-up, Sarah grabbed her favorite: French toast. She sat down with her older daughter who had watermelon pancakes. An idea was shared, no doubt another idea for an invention. Sarah is one of my favorite sims, and has made many inventions!
    50590702617_e1fc7433da_k.jpg

It seemed that Rhea had just realised that she had school in a mere half hour!
    50590581336_6269438986_k.jpg

Meanwhile, after drinking her bottle and getting back into satisfied motives, her little sister is still blissfully unaware of all of life's trials.
    50589839283_73aa5f55e6_k.jpg

Soon Rhea heads off to school, looking absolutely thrilled. :grimace: It was still raining.
    50590702502_23f1bea7c2_k.jpg
    50590702482_f99a012686_k.jpg

I was happy to see that Summer had been potty trained before I had lost access to my game so long ago.
    50590702432_6f78866a25_k.jpg

After Jenny left for work, Sarah spent some quality time with Summer before upgrading the tub in the master bathroom. She made it self-cleaning. The hours flew by!
    50590581211_f36271de0e_k.jpg
    50590581721_fc88fcfd31_k.jpg

Jenny came home with a promotion to level 9 of the video game developer career track and rolled the wish to reach the top. She was very happy to see Sarah, who was still in her underwear at four in the afternoon. Very typical for these sims lol.
    50590581686_24987e6880_k.jpg

Sarah worked on some walking lessons with Summer :heart:
    50590581666_4692c60de8_k.jpg

My game got a tiny bit sluggish for a moment and I was wondering why until I got several notifications for babies in town which had just become toddlers and realised that aging was on. The aging up of those babies slowed my game a little for a minute. I turned aging off again.
    50590702887_49f5e3c42b_k.jpg

We close out our day with Rhea autonomously deciding to practice her painting on the side porch. It looks like such a beautiful dusk to do so too:
    50590702827_72f4b2e019_k.jpg

Full Day Back #1 END
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    edited November 2020
    @Emorrill
    Nice of Abigail to help Leah with the fruits.
    Leah is being nosy, although Abigail and Sebastian will probably end up together :p .
    Abigail shouldn't have to worry about what others think about her being a witch. I guess that kind of an attitude is a downside to living in small town - people judge each other easily and gossip. I'm sure Sebastian would want Abigail regardless of her being a witch. It's sad she has to even think about losing his friendship because of that :/ .
    I wonder if Abigail's mother is a witch too or why did she stay quiet when her husband was speaking ill of him.
    I wouldn't want to have a picnic under the hangman's tree either :# .
    I like that picture of Harvey lying with his head on Penny's lap. Nice poses!
    Nice to hear Penny's memory of the first Christmas Harvey was in town. I wonder what she got from Harvey and Doctor Harris. Harvey really is a good man.
    Hot, hot scene :smirk: . Harvey is showing a lot of self-discipline ;).
    I'm glad Harvey is sure Penny is the right girl for him even though Penny was worried for a while that he's not sure.
    Haley looks very pretty in that picture of her on the phone.
    Poor Emily, she actually feels sad about not having to care for Shane anymore... She should start doing some volunteer work that gives her feeling of purpose when she's back home... Although I think her feelings for Shane might have something to do with her loving to take care of him.
    Haley seems relly selfish, not even wanting to listen to her sister :angry: . They are total opposites!
    Look at that, Shane might be falling for Emily...
    ...And he's being a gentleman finally, offering to sleep on the floor instead :o ! He's being much nicer now, so Emily's kindness is finally being rewarded.
    Sad that Shane thinks even himself that he's not worthy of Emily's care and attention, but the truth is he hasn't been friendly at all to people around him.
    Nice to see Shane finally opening up and Emily being such a great friend to him <3 .

@CravenLestat That's a very pretty little horse - and you let him go! But it's true - horses cost money :/ .
    Congratulations on getting a car. I hope the one radio station keeps working!
    Congratulations to Kiki on winning the eating contest!
    I hope the ectoplasm came out easily :# .
    Lovely photo of your sim and Kiki kissing <3 .

@porlbear I love the headhots of Sarah. She's really pretty.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @polrbear Hi! Thanks for your comment.

I just opened the 30 Grandchildren save after about a year so had to get to know them all again.

I just completed Playlist 2 of the Isla Paradiso Bunch as they have now found all of the tomb collections for all three worlds. I started breaking that household up due to there being too many sims in it - so I had a nice comfortable household of about 8 sims and then started turning all of the Imaginary Friends real. Actually that's what I had planned to do. There will probably be a playlist 3 eventually. It will be about the families that emerged from the original household. Each family will live in a separate world so I can play them without having to worry about the others doing things I might not like. And the worlds won't get so overcrowded. And since I'm using NRAAS Traveller mod their relationships are maintained.

Before I got into the Imaginary Friend extravaganza in the Isla Paradiso Bunch I started with my Perfect Genetics Challenge where I decided to make all of their Imaginary Friends real. In that save I tried to retain their original appearance, just giving them CC Skin and new clothes and hair. But in the IP Bunch I started changing them drastically. Now with 30 Grandchildren I'm making them all look nothing like what they looked like when the game made them real.

There are at least 2 reasons I'm doing this with the Imaginary Friends in the 30 Grandchildren save. Firstly I'm just curious to see what sort of Sim will emerge when I make a doll real. And, I have the 30 Grandchildren household in an empty version of @Rflong7 Cake Island. It has all the houses in it, but there was no population. May have been 1 or 2 sims but the houses are mostly empty. When I started the save I wanted an empty world and looked for the empty version. I added my founder sim and gave her 15 instant babies. I added a few additional sims thinking they would be potential spouses for the babies once they grew up. I was planning on making them grow up fast. But then I started playing a game with them and teaching them skills and the potential spouses married each other and had babies of their own. Some of my 'children' became gardeners when they got to Young Adult stage and they consign their harvestables at the Greenhouse. Problem is the world is empty. I checked. There are about 80 or so empty houses. About 6 occupied houses. Not enough sims to buy their harvestables they consign. The world needs more sims. I'm making sims specially for the 'children' as they age up. But the Imaginary Friends made real are all being given a huge makeover, given a few skills and moved out into an empty house thereby becoming townies. I just hope the game doesn't move them out. I do have the game starts marrying them off and giving them babies - just like it's been doing with the other sims I added earlier in the game.

I have hundreds of sims backed up. Sims I've made and played over the past 11 years. But they are already all in my Big Game with about 800 sims in about 13 worlds. I use that save for two of my series, Oscar's Childhood (now Oscar's Teen Years) and The McFluff Story. So I don't want to continue using the same sims in both games. So I had to make new sims. But I didn't want to do that either.

Now I had another problem. I don't like the Young Adults running around with their doll still in their inventory. And I don't like them losing their dolls either. So I decided to make them real. The Young Adults and Teens in the household can learn logic while looking for the potion. Then I can use those Imaginary Friends made Real as my base sims when making sims to populate my world. The added benefit of that is they already know the entire 30 Grandchildren household and are best friends with at least one sim in that household. So I'm embarking on the fun of adding new sims to empty houses one at a time as they are made real and given a drastic makeover.

I thought that gardening group looked happy too. I like it when they are all working together like that, but being sims, it is more likely to cause friction than make friendships. When two or more of them want to tend the same plant at the same time things tend to get a bit heated. But to us it does look nice and cosy and friendly. Main thing is they are gaining gardening skill and adding to their stock of harvestables they can sell at the greenhouse - if the world population grows sufficiently large for them to be able to make sales.

Thank you, I'm glad you like Gwen. I made her about a year ago. I find my style of sims I make changes over time so it is fun to include sims from all eras of my game play in a save. I made Gwen specially for Javon. She shares at least 2 of his traits plus she has the Surrounded by Family Lifetime Wish and is family oriented. After all she's been made to produce grandchildren for Gerri so we have some hope of getting that elusive badge.

I'm glad you managed to return to the game and this thread. I check in most days. I don't always comment of everyone's posts as I would have no time for playing the game or making my videos if I did that. I do try to reply if anyone mentions me in a post and do comment on other's posts occasionally.

At the moment my focus is gradually changing from simming to painting and I've been buying lots of oil and water colour paints and brushes and pencils lately. I've got a few paintings on the go. It's been a few years since I did a lot of painting so I'm gradually getting back into it. I'm finding lately I'm thinking more about painting pictures than playing my Sims games and making videos. But I don't want to abandon them altogether. So I'll still be around for a while most days, but not all day every day as I used to be.

Your pictures of your Sara and Jenny save are beautiful. I love the shots of Sara and Rhea. I find I love to add freckles to a few of my sims lately. I just like the look of them. Yours are very distinctive and pretty sims. The first picture is very dramatic and a stunning shot of the house and its surrounds.

Happy Simming
    Homeless in Appaloosa Plains
    Chapter Two - Oasis Landing

A thunderous electrical crackle and sonic boom practically shook Katsuji from head to toe. Looking up with panic in his eyes, he stared over at the futuristic looking contraption that had appeared before his eyes. "What is that?" he said out loud, more to himself than to anyone else. He inspected it by walking around it several times then looking at what appeared to be the controls of the device.
    Screenshot-16.jpg
    Screenshot-17.jpg
    "How does one even begin to operate this thing?" Katsuji thought to himself as he inspected the device further. "What is this thing supposed to do?"
    Screenshot-18.jpg
    Screenshot-18.jpg
    Curious, he gingerly eased one foot onto the pad...and well, that was a bad mistake since the electrical discharges hadn't stopped. It grabbed him; holding him immobile for what appeared to be a long, agonizing moment, the bright bluish glare nearly blinding him.
    Screenshot-20.jpg
    Screenshot-22.jpg
    "I can't get loose..." Katsuji panicked as he struggled within the bluish glare of the discharges from the machine. "What am I gong to do now?" And for that long terror-filled moment, he wondered if it was the end of him. But with a snap, it released him...and standing before him was a blue-haired man, futuristic glasses and clothes. The man's hair was wild, strands all over the place, unkempt as if he wasn't familiar with the likes of a comb or a hair-brush. "Who are you?" was Katsuji's first question.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance..." the blue-haired man said, ignoring Katsuji's query. "Just let me do a few calibrations of my time machine and I'll answer your questions.
    Screenshot-23.jpg
    A second later, he turned back to Katsuji. "Well...fiddlesticks, I appear to have scattered my power cells all over your lot, would you be so kind as to go pick them up for me while I look over what could potentially be the problem here?"

Katsuji was too dumbfounded to find any sort of way to respond to this request and just settled for turning around and doing as the man had asked him.
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    Screenshot-29.jpg
    When he'd gathered them up, he walked back to the man at the "time machine" and handed them over. It had to be a time-machine...after all the man had made that much of an admission. Now how exactly was he supposed to take that time-machine back to where he came from? After all Katsuji had only himself to feed and didn't really have enough in order to feed yet another mouth. So why not help the guy? The man accepted the power-cells with a grateful nod and proceeded to place them in.
    Screenshot-30.jpg
    "Oh...good, they're still good...enough power." the man said. "I can make the jump back to my time portal. Thanks for the assistance..." he said as he stepped into the time machine. "

Wait, Who are you?" Katsuji frantically asked.

"Emit Relevart" the man said briefly as he disappeared with a blue flash.
    Screenshot-31.jpg
    Screenshot-32.jpg
    At this point, Katsuji had a major decision he had to make; did he want to see what the future was like or did he just stay here and go about his mundane existence trying to make ends meet and eke out a meagre existence. "Oh...what the hell, I'm going to take a jaunt into the future and see what I can find." Riches and Wealth perhaps So he stepped into the time machine, letting the blue glare take him...
    Screenshot-33.jpg
    When the glare finally subsided, he gazed out in wonderment as he stepped out of the embrace of the time machine. A sea of white and green greeted him as he looked at white futuristic buildings and a green freshly manicured lawn.
    Screenshot-35.jpg
    Screenshot-36.jpg
    A sign that said Oasis Landing Community Center greeted him as he looked around in absolute awe. He decided to do a little exploration of the city.
    Screenshot-37.jpg
    Screenshot-39.jpg
    While he was bicycling through the city, a thought came to him. Perhaps he could solve his problem of finances in one fell swoop. I am in the future, am I not? So why couldn't I check out the winning numbers for the Appaloosa Plains Lottery Corporation's lotto winning numbers for the following week of the time period which I came from and then play them. Oh, I could potentially make a bundle on this.... He chuckled gleefully to himself as he turned his bike's path towards the Oasis Landing City Hall...
    Screenshot-40.jpg
    Finding the information was relatively easy since he knew the date it was when he had left Appaloosa Plains and the week in which he was going back. And he looked up the lotto numbers for two weeks ahead as well...so that he'd have enough cushion if the time machine placed him back at a different time. When he returned to the community center there was a what looked to be a jet pack and a note that said
    If you want to increase your future technology skill, it will certainly help you in your current time-period. Here try out this jet-pack and see how it works. Sincerely, Emit.
    Hey, why not. Katsuji decided to try it on a few short hops around Oasis Springs with varying degrees of success.
    Screenshot-41.jpg
    Screenshot-43.jpg
    Screenshot-44.jpg
    The take-offs were the easy part, the landings were something else. After planting himself head first several times, Katsuji realized that he'd better get back to his own time period if he was going to make his lottery dreams come true and headed back to the community center. From there he returned to the time machine and let its embrace take him within the flow of time to where he wanted to go. Back to Appaloosa Plains.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited November 2020
    Hey the thread has picked up a little. :blush: That always makes me happy. And it's always great to see you post my friends. <3

Comments:

@Brandontaylor Well we're all certainly glad you aren't dead. ;)<3 Yeah the busy season is upon the retail workers that's for sure... I remember the days...
    I gotta give kudos to Wal-Mart for breaking up Black Friday into 3 separate weekends. (At least that's what they are doing here). To help keep crowds down due to COVID but I think it's great and something they should do from here on out because those one day crowds were INSANE! :grimace: I would NEVER shop Black Friday sales because of it. I went with a friend once to do Thursday night Black Friday sales and...I'll never do that again. :neutral: And this was in a small town of 10,000 people even. I can only imagine what it's like in the big cities! :scream: I just hit up Cy'ber Monday. :smirk: (When I can remember. :lol: )
    Best wishes. <3 We'll always be here when you're able to post again.

@CravenLestat Gold should give you so many more simoleons than that... :unamused:
    OMGOSH that is the most beautiful black and white foal! :love: Oh man, I feel your sadness in not being able to keep it. :cry:
    Speaking of going...our car probably has a lawnmower engine and is held together by duct tape and elmers glue.
    ^LOL! That was our family cars growing up. :lol: When we'd go on long road trips we'd seriously offer a travel prayer and ask God to "bless the car to function well." Not even kidding. ;) And most of the time...the prayers were answered. 🙏
    Kiki does look a little like Christina Applegate. :)
    I bet Kiki was able to wolf all those hot dogs down because she doesn't eat much of anything else having that kind of figure. ;):p (Hey, I can say something about it because I know how hard it is to work to get that kind of body and I'm FAR from there yet. You feel like you're starving all the time... :confounded: )
    looks like I ate a ghost and was spewing out ectoplasm
    ^Ha ha, it does! :lol: I was like, "That doesn't look like the normal green throw up... :confused::p
    emorrill You better take that to a hotel room young lady,that picnic got a bit steamy and kids might have walked by.You should be ashamed :#
    ^LOL! :lol: I loved this comment so much! Thanks for the laugh!
    Is it bad of me to say...I don't care! :p Some of my favorite pics and scene of ALL time! <3<3
    Oh hey, I got Hunter Blackthorne in my game and he showed up like this: (Cause I don't have Barnacle Bay stuff. :( )
    Hunter.jpg
    ^It's a nice suit, but he needs better hair! :lol: The hair you had on him...it looked a lot like an old Sims 2 hair. Do you remember where you got it?? I tried searching the Store and didn't find it and it doesn't seem like a hair from BB either... If you could let me know that'd be great. :star:
    I did start giving him a makeover and I'll have to reveal those pics later. ;)

@polrbear
    Oh my goodness that meme is absolutely killing me! You could kill that hallmark covid story definitely, I remember how great your story telling is!
    I will have to catch up with the rest of your story, but I will say that your photos are very beautiful - I especially love the images of the walled-in garden! Oh wow, and the image with the bigger field of view of the tree is stunning too :)
    ^Hee hee. That meme still gets me laughing every time I read it. :lol:
    Aww, thank you. :kissing_heart: I wish I had more time - and less stress in life right now - to devote to a new story.
    Thank you for the compliments on my pictures. :) I've got a whole story thread going on in the Stories and Legacies section if you have the time and feel like reading it.
    It's really great to see you back and enjoying your game again. <3

@meerkattime It was a surprise to see you post your comments on here instead of in my story thread. (I had to do a double take for a moment. :lol: )
    Leah is being nosy, although Abigail and Sebastian will probably end up together :p .
    ^Yeah she is. But sometimes when people are so much in love they can't help asking if others are just as much in love as they are. ;)
    In regards to Abigail and Sebastian hooking up, probably. :p
    Oh my gosh...the small town problems, don't even get me started. :confounded: (Especially with the COVID stuff). It's SO true!
    And it is sad that Abigail has to carry those kinds of worries about possibly losing Seb over revealing her true self. It's kinda made me sympathize with those who are gay, but are afraid to come out about it for similar reasons. :(
    I wonder if Abigail's mother is a witch too or why did she stay quiet when her husband was speaking ill of him.
    ^ :smirk:
    Yup, picnic under the hanging tree would be a hard PASS for me too! :grimace:
    The picture with Harvey resting his head in Penny's lap is one of my FAVES also! <3 Thank you. :blush:
    Nice to hear Penny's memory of the first Christmas Harvey was in town. I wonder what she got from Harvey and Doctor Harris.
    ^Hee hee, you and bekkasan asked the same question so I answered it in my story thread and tagged you. :blush:
    Yes, Harvey is a very good man. :star:
    Hot, hot scene :smirk:
    ^Why thank you. :smirk: Those pics were a JOY to set up. <3
    Haley looks very pretty in that picture of her on the phone.
    ^You know, I gotta say, she really IS a pretty sim (I thought that looking at this close up of her in CAS) and it's such a shame that I have to portray her as the snot that she is. :lol:

Pretty-Haley.jpg
    Poor Emily, she actually feels sad about not having to care for Shane anymore...
    ^Yeah...I knew you'd catch that too (like bekkasan did). ;) Oh it's definitely more her feelings for Shane that is making it difficult for her to not feel sad about not caring for him anymore. ;)
    Oh Haley and Emily are POLAR opposites! They are in the game too, at least from what I could gather.
    Look at that, Shane might be falling for Emily...
    ...And he's being a gentleman finally, offering to sleep on the floor instead :o !
    ^Maaaaybe. :smirk: It's really beginning to seem to.
    And yes. <3 There seems to be some heart in him after all. ;)
    Will Shane ever be able to get over feeling like he doesn't deserve Emily? ;) We shall see. :mrgreen: (Forgive me for being a tease. :p )
    Thank you so much for all your lovely comments. They are a joy to read. <3 The time you and @bekkasan take to read my stories and share your thoughts about it means SO much. :kissing_heart:

@Nikkei_Simmer I very much enjoyed reading Katsuji's adventure there. :blush: Fantastic writing as always. :star: It's so cool to see how different authors have different styles of writing that are equally fabulous!

So on a random note - music related, sorry :p - any of y'all remember that almost "American Idol" winner David Archuleta? (Imho he should've won, but anyway). I thought about him again and had to listen to his early music from his first album while typing out my comments here. ;) He's still singing, granted it's more within our church than out in the world, but he's still got some great songs going on. 👍

And he's looking more like a man these days rather than that "way too young for my tastes" teenager look back then. :lol:

David-A.jpg

Anyway, this is a song from his "Crush" album - I know y'all know that song because they played it on the radio all.the.time back then - and I just freaking love it! So I can't help sharing. :mrgreen: It's the romantic in me, okay? ;)
    It's titled "A Little Too Not Over You." Enjoy!

Happy Simming and Goodnight everyone. :sleeping:
    Post edited by emorrill on
    edited November 2020
    Page 4051

I know it sounds crazy but a 4,000 page thread is a site to behold

@ShadowAssassin Going to say I like Fansu better not sure if you heard of spy vs spy but even there went with team white.Plus Fansu's outfit is better he gives off that Micheal Jackson fashion style vibe like from the Smooth Criminal video.

@Karritz Your I.F. that is stalking Gwen while she is making potions is really creepy.He is so creepy they plumbed out his name with pumpkins you can't even talk about him in name he is that scary. :#

@Jeansoo Bwahaha The reviews are in your sims voice is like nails on a chalkboard you have the stage presence of a potato and you need to quit and become a high school janitor.Wow you cleared out the whole club before you even sang one note that is hilarious.

@RedDestiny92 Yes yes must eat watermelons I am getting a strong reading here...it seems Blake's next daughter will grow up and be a hottie sim and fashion model.It is your destiny to pop out a daughter do not mess this up it is written in the stars you must fulfill the prophecy.

@bekkasan I love how you caught Mary mid air with the rainbow behind her and it is adorable how Bekka's wittle elf ears poke out her hat.You need to dress her like a QT pie elf <3

@Nikkei_Simmer You plant your gardens like me,I jam everything together as tight as possible then do the same on the other side then toss a sprinkler in the middle.Work smarter not harder.Now quit dilly dallying and grow me some veggies ya slacker. :D

@Turjan Ha my typing is a bit rough I am dyslexic so try to shorten what I try to say because have to proofread reversed words several times before hitting post comment and it comes out a butchered grammar mess (Lazy technique) :p but if I don't everything is a jumbled reversed mess it takes getting use to to understand my posts

@Emily4331 Hi o:) just letting you know have found some things but nothing that stands out or worthy just yet.

Post edited by CravenLestat on

DfydFiZ.gif
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    @polrbear Lol thank you. I'm pretty sure now the uninvited guest was a now grown-up Emelie Van Gould, wearing a rather fancy pink dress for going to a birthday party. :D

Rosalie maxed her painting skill, so I finally decided to let her quit her self-employed artist job to get into culinary arts. I sent her to a cooking class and will probably continue doing that & having her cook meals to level that up.
    Anyway, that's all for now. I'll probably be playing again tomorrow.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    edited November 2020
    Yeah, I need to complete my harvestables - not fully able to harvest every vegetable yet. Need eggplant, corn and the other stuff Humble Harvest Stands and the lemon tree. :D@CravenLestat. :D

Decided to play in my "Selfacy"...for a little while today...

Some sombre pics. :'(
    Screenshot-4.jpg
    The graves of those who went before.

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Haruo and River's headstones. RIP.
    I don't know if you were still here @polrbear when I killed them off.

The Death of Haruo and River (within the Chikamori Selfacy story)
    https://sims3chikamoriseflacy.blogspot.com/2018/10/the-good-die-before-their-time.html
    https://sims3chikamoriseflacy.blogspot.com/2018/10/allans-eulogy.html
    https://sims3chikamoriseflacy.blogspot.com/2018/10/a-target-on-their-back.html
    https://sims3chikamoriseflacy.blogspot.com/2018/10/the-burden-of-grief.html
    https://sims3chikamoriseflacy.blogspot.com/2018/12/to-live-in-hearts.html

The new O haka お墓 (cemetery) in Big Builder's Island (where I've decided to play out the rest of my generations is...this.
    Screenshot-6.jpg
    It's not a fancy one...eventually though I would like to have one that looks like a Japanese family cemetery.
    @polrbear, it's great to see Sarah and Jenny again, they're a great couple.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Lucky Palms Big Update

The moment Arrived

Started off with watching that Kiki woke up before me and it was so cute guys she tried to make breakfast but blew it.Awww "A" for effort on her blackened waffles.

gKYrCso.png

I woke up and had to give her some loving after tossing her charcoal flavored bricks in the trash but had a strange feeling we were being watched

ca4KEb2.png

We were by this fountain and it just seemed right

"Kiki you are the most simtastic girl I have ever met and wondered if you would.."

I then Handed her a note

Marry Me?

A:Yes
    B:A
    C:B

:D

After thinking long and hard and weighing her options she chose "D" so I punched her..

Just kidding she was thrilled

NINORD4.png

Did not mention my digs but as a surprise i found a pink diamond the ore form and sent it to be cut as a gift for her and the other was only worth $312

I bought several cheap recipe books cause had a wish to learn new ones.I got Cookies,Mushroom omelette and I think fish and chips book.

Afterwards we went and did the naughty in the Graveyard

mbrAPJp.png

And since it was a special occasion we went out to the casino *I did not gamble to make any money* will say though Kiki if you recall is autonomous and made like 3 grand jeesh but I reduced it with Family Funds and only have $235 which is correct

JqYZGOR.png

As soon as we get in she must be excited and gave me affection

Yvy0UfI.png

Her during her winning streak she must have been on a hot machine

HyBgCm3.png

I got a freezer bunny from the claw machine

ubZgknz.png

We took funny pics together in the booth

pSzVhw6.png

I love this part so much,none of my gameplay is scripted

I ordered a group serving of nachos called date to the meal I went all the way to sit at the card couch and look who came and sat with her plate next to me of all the seats and chairs in this casino

UpYOM60.png

But what the heck this was afterwards she freaking got seconds!!! :| no wonder she won the hot dog eating contest the girl is not human this is me waiting on her being a piggy

y9cJHRg.png

The night was winding down so we had a quick ummm bathroom break yeah that's what it was.

EGCjbi8.png

"Hey Kiki is the coast clear did anybody suspect anything"

aNa0boB.png

Our photo booth pic back at home

s5YbPM3.png

Parting shot spoiler but look her present arrived in the mail a cut pink diamond

R0lgazi.png

DfydFiZ.gif
    @polrbear

It's so difficult to remember the spelling of your
    nickname haha.
    I have nothing new to share with you due to covid, life over here is quite dull.
    Lovely update, you always have such nice cc.

@CravenLestat

Great updates.

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited November 2020
    @Jeansoo Thanks for the heads-up. I'll see whether I can solve that, too.

@emorrill Nice. I have to admit I don't know where you will go with Abigail, but I'm sure it will be a happy end at some point :smile: .
    Nice picnic. Aww, cute that Harvey thinks of Penny's mother in such a moment.
    Well, Haley obviously enjoys herself. I guess all depends on what's left when the novelty wears off.
    Love the development between Emily and Shane. Hmm, yeah, apologies are nearly always hard. I'd probably try smaller doses, not a grand speech, but I guess I'll see what he will choose - or if at all. Not all apologies need to be spoken.

@CravenLestat Oh, I'm so sorry, my comment was an, obviously, poor attempt at a joke (the good kind, I found your post with the house funny). Apologies that it made such an impression on you. I enjoy your posts, and I at least think I can follow them just fine.
    Heh, I like the Sloppy Jalopy. Even in my richest households, the kids start out in that one.
    And congrats regarding your in-game engagement :smile: .

@polrbear Yes, I didn't even notice at first, and then most of them were dead. It's the effect of those Story Progression personality modules, I guess.
    Everything's pretty in your game, the house, the garden, your sims... Just awesome.

@Nikkei_Simmer I'm always weary of those jetpacks. Didn't have any death yet, but I hardly ever use them, either, so it's not too surprising.
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Connor married Lisa Bunch at the freezer bunny machine, where she had spent the evening, while Hank Goddard was insulting Fiona Sekemoto.
    RrDQk3g.jpg
    Lisa died only three days later. Oops. Was it worth it? I don't know. However, Connor has Lisa's cat now, so he isn't completely alone at least. Hooking Lisa and Connor up wasn't my idea, I just had them marry.
    In other news, Hank Goddard finally settled on Pauline Wan :lol: . Talk about detours.
    I did a little makeover for the Simowitch family in Riverview.

L18yEsV.jpg

8lQJ6fJ.jpg

I think Betty rocks the pink hair

ZpvQtUE.jpg

Vladin Simowitch as a young adult

8QUpJtO.jpg

Fatima as a young adult
    edited November 2020
    @Silverofdreams30 My favorite family <3 ..Bravo!! Awesome

Xsx3xnt.gif

Will catch up to commenting on this page am working on some things and some stuff

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 Awww! They look so cute! Betty's whole look is perfect!

@CravenLestat Yay! I love gifts! :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top