Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reorder Interaction Queue

When I play my game, I tend to micromanage. A lot. My sims usually have their interaction queues filled. As a result, when things happen like the sink breaking or the phone ringing, I have to cancel all actions and queue them all up again if I wanted them to answer the phone before taking their shower but after eating.

In that case, wouldn't be nice if we could reorder the interaction queue? We could simply drag the action icon to the proper spot in the queue. The only actions we wouldn't be able to reorder are actions that the sim is doing or in the process of doing.

Thoughts?

Comments

• GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2012
    Yes please. I've been wanting this since ts1!
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • hairdyehairdye Posts: 417 Member
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, I agree.
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited July 2012
    I knew some people would like this idea. :D
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi,

This is an idea that has universal appeal. :)

How about taking that concept even further? Why not give players the ability to save interaction queues into discrete scripted modules that can be reused on demand? For example:

Morning Routine Module
    1 - Wake up
    2 - Turn off alarm clock (if on)
    3 - Make bed
    4 - Get dressed

Bathroom Routine Module
    1 - Use toilet
    2 - Flush toilet
    3 - Wash hands
    4 - Brush teeth

Breakfast Routine Module
    1 - Make pancakes
    2 - Eat pancakes
    3 - Clean up

So instead of queueing up eleven individual interactions, players could queue up three scripted modules each containing a string of discrete interactions. Less clicking, less fussing over specific interactions to take. And yes, reordering should also work with scripted modules. Finally, players should have the ability to cancel or reorder individual interactions inside a scripted module, when unforeseen events occur (and often do).
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited July 2012
    How about taking that concept even further? Why not give players the ability to save interaction queues into discrete scripted modules that can be reused on demand?

I never thought about that. I always end up queuing the same interactions for when my sims use the bathroom, so this would definitely save time in my game. :)
  • kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited July 2012
    Along with the idea of modules in relation to the morning routine thing,I think that players should be able to set the alarm clock manually so the sim has enough time to complete all those actions before having to go to work. Also, players should be able to have an evening bedtime routine that can be set to start at a particular time so sims can get a full night's sleep every night. Children should have a set bedtime with bedtime routine: use bathroom, brush teeth, parents read to sleep, etc.
  • AnasyiaAnasyia Posts: 1 New Member
    It's 2020 and this is still not in the game - :/
    I'd love to have this option! I keep canceling my queue, like to make cats stop fighting, or change the baby's nappy -

EA, it would be sooo useful to drag and drop the queuing actions!
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there folks, considering this thread has been inactive for 8 years I'm going to go ahead and close it off.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top