Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Is Out! November 10 (Update Nov 17)

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    If anyone already shared this then I am sorry :)

I've just learnt that we've got more nasal wrinkles or whatever they're called. Cool!
    vr-sky.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • tamako3tamako3 Posts: 52 Member
    After patching, the "celebrity" off option switch won't go off when I check it.

Same goes for my friends who are playing sims4 on their home consoles.
    My friends on home consoles without mods are in the same situation, will I have to wait for the official version of the game to improve?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    The only issue I've seen so far is that stairs on some lots no longer work. No sims can go up or down, even after bulldozing or moving the stairs to a new location. This happened on a lot that was made using the old platform workaround. Fake platforms, I guess. I suspect this has something to do with it.
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I must add though I love changing lots in other worlds to rental lots.
    My sims had just got married so they went to Sulani and rented a house for their honeymoon.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    The only issue I've seen so far is that stairs on some lots no longer work. No sims can go up or down, even after bulldozing or moving the stairs to a new location. This happened on a lot that was made using the old platform workaround. Fake platforms, I guess. I suspect this has something to do with it.

Open stairs is the problem. If anyone encounters this issue, this fix helped me: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17720358#Comment_17720358
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited November 2020
    It took me 9 hours to download the patch so this issue was just found by me. I built a house with a platform inside and used stairs and then changed it to a ladder. I tested it and everything was working right until I told my sim to knit something. She has level 10 knitting skill and both the knitting basket and bag in her inventory. She gets the feet with a red x icon over her head and can't knit anything. I tested her rocking in the chair and sitting on the couch to watch a movie so the chairs work.

ETA. Patch broke my builder sim! Tried a sim that has no knitting skill and he was able to knit with the bag from her inventory.
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    3Rosez wrote: »
    Hi. Well for one, I have NO CLUE how to make my own thread and just about searched through top to bottom looking where I can create a thread.

I think you have to have more post count before you can start your own threads.

• EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    The patch notes look really nice, some of the issues addressed have been driving me off the deep end for years.
    Won't have time to try it for a while because there's too much going on in my main games right now.
    Hopefully by the time I get around to it, things will have settled down.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited November 2020
    So, SO happy to see all the bug fixes in this patch! I was excited for platforms, of course, since I'm a builder, but it was the bug fixes I was most looking forward to in it. It was a long, long time coming, but finally the gardening bug is fixed! At least it looks as if it is, it's only been less than a Sim week since my most recent Sim planted her plants. But I had plant problems within a few hours of planting them before, so it looks promising.

Also, the off-the-grid but NOT off-the-grid penalty for using cell phones and the bored/whiny/moaning/groaning/Ah Ha! is fixed too! I honestly felt like crying when I read that in the patch notes. :D The latter, was a big one for me, probably the biggest along with the gardening bug. I'm playing yet another test save in Evergreen Harbor with absolutely everything turned on and so far so good. Started in Port Promise in an Industrial state. It's now gone Neutral and has stayed that way for a few days now. Hallelujah!

I've seen my first sentiment too. My tester has one toward her new beau that says something about feeling closer from having great moments together. He's one of my other Sims I put in my custom template. She was dumpster diving and he walked up to her in a flirty mood and flattered her. Not surprising since I know he's got the romantic trait. One thing led to another and they're now a couple. :) I'm a little confused about how to see sentiments toward my Sim from Sims I'm not controlling. I know how my Sim feels about other Sims, but how do I know how they feel about her? Do I have to just guess? Or am I missing something?

Tried out the new platforms too, of course, nothing major, yet. I made a hearth to put underneath a fireplace in a coastal style A-Frame rental I'm building in Brindleton Bay. Looks great! There was a bit of a problem with it, the fireplace kept sinking into the platform. I'm guessing because those snap to walls. But I just used MOO to lift it up into the proper position and it's all good now. :)

From reading numerous posts here I guess I've been one of the lucky ones that didn't have any problems with the patch. I play a vanilla game on a very good gaming desktop though. Not sure if that has anything to do with it since I see others that play vanilla on good computers had problems too. Plus, I immediately did a repair after downloading the patch, but I always do that anyway. Crossing my fingers for everyone having problems that they get them sorted soon! 🤞

I'm going to keep playing this 'test' save for a little while, and if all goes well for Nawanee, I can FINALLY, after over 4 long months dare to play with my Drifters again! You have NO idea how happy that makes me. \o/ \o/ \o/ And, if I don't win it in a giveaway, I'll be getting the Snowy Escape EP now, some way, some how... might have to wait until Christmas, but that's okay. Might even get JTB too, we'll see.

I know I just focused on a very few things in the patch, but I'm incredibly happy for everything else that came with it too! Some of those fixes have been going on for years! o.O Anyway, Thank you so much Devs (*Hugs*) and...

Happy Simming Y'all! <3

EDIT: Unfortunately, after 7 hours of gameplay without any problems, I made the mistake of trying to use speed 3 and my game crashed, just like everyone else that's had a problem with this issue. It was a save made from my custom template save though. I've started a brand new save to test out whether that was the problem and played 3 1/2 hours last night without a crash, so we'll see... Guess my Drifters will have to wait a little longer. *sigh* It's a shame, this was the first crash I've had since getting my gaming desktop over 2 years ago.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Wow so I guess I’m lucky. Played for multiple hours last night with zero issues and I added my CC and updated mods/fine mods back in. Hope they fix the crashes soon for those experiencing them. Sounds like something they should and probably will get on ASAP.
  • mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I'm a little confused about how to see sentiments toward my Sim from Sims I'm not controlling. I know how my Sim feels about other Sims, but how do I know how they feel about her? Do I have to just guess? Or am I missing something?
    For me, in the sim's pannel I'm able to see the sentiments both ways. It shows what sim A feels for sim B and the other way around and the sentiments do differ, the sim that initiated the drama has a different sentiment than the sim on the receiving end.

• MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    My game seemed alright after loading the new update. I took MCCC out to start with and the other mods were automatically disabled by the game. The save loaded up fine but it changed the birthdays of two of my sims - the toddler had his birthday brought forward from Sunday to Friday, and the baby from Sunday to Saturday. I haven’t changed the length for those two ages, so I can’t figure out why the birthdays changed. Also, the Egg Hunt event that I had put on the Sunday also changed to Friday.

My game did end up freezing but I’m not sure if it was because I put the updated version of MCCC in or whether because I accidentally got hybrid children. I’m new to the game and had a mermaid sim marry an alien. I noticed in CAS that the toddlers were body-less before the patch, but when the oldest toddler aged up, he went from having his father’s alien skin colour, hair and eyes, to having his mother’s colours, no alien eyes, and missing his legs while presumably in merman form. The save froze not long after this so as I said, not sure if it was because of that or the update. Didn’t even get a chance to try the sentiment feature :(.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Good news
    • No crashing so far.
    • My sims ate all their meal at a restaurant. They also shared their first sentiment.

Bad news
    • Sim's needs deplete slightly faster than usual.
    • Club members do not change into their club outfits.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member

I wouldn't promote my post again, but it took so long to put together...
    So, it would be great if this posts gets shared to those who are curious about what the other worlds have.
    I don't have a twitter account unfortunately...
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Ooh! Vacations have been improved.

For example, you can check how much days your sim has left in calendar in Seasons.
    And if you go on a vacation, hovering over a world will show features of the world (little ad texts for each world).
    I have written all those texts here! I'll put them under spoilers to first not take too much room and for those who want to find out themselves. Enjoy reading!
    Willow Creek
    Pendula View
    Slumber amidst sophisticated gardens and enjoy the city's namesake willows.

Ferryboat
    Take in the sights of the old ferryboat along the Willow Creek Canal. She lights up the night!

Home to Bob Pancakes
    Stroll around Courtyard Lane for a chance to see the legendary Bob Pancakes!
    Oasis Springs
    Brontosaurus Bend
    Visit your home away from home in the desert suburbs of Brontosaurus Bend

Abandoned Mine
    The old forgotten mine near Acquisition Butte is a must-see for any explorer

Mirage Canyon Lookout
    Visit Oasis Spring's namesake body of water while passing through Mirage Canyon
    Newcrest
    Lots of Space!
    Looking for vast open space to ponder your next building project? Look no futher

Peace and Quiet
    Not everyone wants an adrenaline rush on their vacation. Find peaceful refuge here

Plenty Room to Jog
    Newscrest is the perfect location to get in those steps that you've been promising yourself
    Granite Falls
    Camping and Cabins
    Whether you're roughing it or glamping it, Granite Falls has a variety of sites to choose from

Insect Collecting
    Power through your Squeamish sensibilities and discover some truly fascinating insects

Granite Falls Forest
    Experience the true perfection of nature by exploring the lush and beautiful Granite Falls Forest
    Magnolia Promenade
    Scout Out Your Shop Location
    Looking for the perfect spot to finally open your own retail business? Search no more!

Outdoor Park Activities
    Keep the kids entertained with a small playground and a small outdoor eating area

Watch the Ducks
    Enjoy a quiet outdoor seating area by the river where the ducks like to play
    Windenburg
    The Bluffs
    Visit this steamy, secluded natural pool overlooking the crystalline Lake Windenburg

Von Haunt Estate
    The original owners of this preserved estate loved it so much, they're still here!

Olde Platz Ruins
    Take a leisurely stroll around the old ruins that used to circle Windenburg Castle
    San Myshuno
    Festivals
    Festivals are happening daily in San Myshuno, so you'll never be short on fun things to do!

Night Life
    Who needs sleep? Experience the city at night and all the unique folks you may meet

Myshuno Meadows
    Enjoy some lovely views of the city while jogging or playing ball in this Center Park
    Forgotten Hollow
    Great for Night Owls!
    The sun rises later and sets earlier here, meaning you can enjoy more hours of darkness

Local History
    Tour relics of founders and meet residents that have "lived" here for generations

Unique Flora
    Rare plants like Plasmafruit and the Sixam Mosquito Trap can be only found here
    Brindleton Bay
    The Best Dog Walking Paths
    For a trip that will truly impress your pup, nothing beats Cavalier Cove's sandy dog walking paths

Lighthouse
    Deadgrass Isle has the most creative spot for couples looking to spice up their love life

Whiskerman's Wharf
    Come for the sea breeze, chowder, and lobster rolls. Stay for the cuddly local kitties
    Selvadorada
    Explore the Jungle
    It's literally a jungle out there! Don't forget to bring your spider repellent and machete!

Hidden Temple
    The more you explore, the more secret ancient rooms open up for discovery

Ancient Artifacts
    Find, purchase, and collect ancient artifacts so you can bring a piece of the jungle home with you
    Del Sol Valley
    Starlight Boulevard
    Stroll the Boulevard and spot tiles of stars like Brytani Cho and Dirk Dreamer

Picturesque Views
    Assuming the day is nice and clear, The Pinnacles offers a fantastic view of Del Sol Valley

Celebrities!
    Del Sol Valley is the prime location for a chance at meeting a Proper Celebrity!
    StrangerVille
    Strangerville Plaza
    Visit the Strangerville Information Center. This place is way more interesting that the Secret Lab

Shady Acres Vista
    Boasting the most beautiful view Strangerville has to offer, stay at Shady Acres and you too can wonder where all this wealth comes from

Interesting Locals
    You'd be hard pressed to find hospitality like this anywhere else. Just try not to let them get too close...
    Sulani
    Active Volcano!
    Get up close and personal with Sulani's active volcano! Or admire it safely from afar...

Ocean Activities
    Sulani's crisp ocean waters are your aquatic haven for Swimming, Snorkelling, or making a dolphin friend!

Local Culture
    Meet new friends and learn about local culture at various local events in Ohan'ali Town
    Glimmerbrook
    Magic Portal
    There are tales of a portal above the Glimmerbrook waterfall. Are you brave enough to see where it leads?

Casters Alley
    Casters Alley within the Magic Realm is your go-to shopping spot for wands, potions, and brooms

Enchantment
    Make this a truly magical vacation. Cauldrons are brewing and spells are a-casting here in Glimmerbrook
    Britechester
    University of Britechester Campus
    Come tour the historic University of Britechester where a budding artist can flourish!

Foxbury Institute Campus
    Come visit the innovative campus of Foxbury to see if a future in technology is right for you

Historic Mysteries
    From campus ghosts to an elusive Secret Society, Britechester boasts its share of the unexplained
    Evergreen Harbor
    Port Promise
    This smoggy old port may make you gag, but it's an adequate place to learn about industrialization

Grims Quarry
    The quaint suburbs near the historic quarry is a sweet destination for any evergreen enthusiast

Conifer Station
    This pretty area on the outskirts of the city has a historic train station to visit
    Batuu
    Black Spire Outpost
    This is your intergalactic hot spot for shops to purchase artifacts and try some local cuisine

Millenium Falcon
    Up your Scoundrel reputation for a chance to explore the inside of the Millenium Falcon!

The Resistance Encampment
    Take in the sight of a lush forest, waterfall, and an otherworldly cave to explore

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    mingusssss wrote: »
    For me, in the sim's pannel I'm able to see the sentiments both ways. It shows what sim A feels for sim B and the other way around and the sentiments do differ, the sim that initiated the drama has a different sentiment than the sim on the receiving end.

Ah, okay. Must be I looked too soon after the pop up saying she had a sentiment. I'll check again next time I get in the game. Thank you so much for replying to my question. Very much appreciated! <3

• Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    Wish I hadn't downloaded the patch! I can play for about 5 minutes then the lag is ridiculous and then the game freezes and I have to shut down my computer to get out of it. No mods, No CC. I repaired the game in Origin, deleted the localthumbcache, restarted my computer...nothing solved this issue. I've NEVER had a problem running this game. I had just come back to it after a 2 month break after seeing Snowy Escape but now I won't be buying that without a fix. I have to wonder if that pop-op from Origin about having to agree to download those new files (sorry don't remember what they were called) is the reason this is happening??
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Ugh this patch corrupted my game. I have no mods/cc, never had. And now origin wouldn’t load the game saying it’s corrupted. I’ll be mighty angry if my saves are ruined 😡😡
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited November 2020
    Bird166 wrote: »
    Wish I hadn't downloaded the patch! I can play for about 5 minutes then the lag is ridiculous and then the game freezes and I have to shut down my computer to get out of it. No mods, No CC. I repaired the game in Origin, deleted the localthumbcache, restarted my computer...nothing solved this issue. I've NEVER had a problem running this game. I had just come back to it after a 2 month break after seeing Snowy Escape but now I won't be buying that without a fix. I have to wonder if that pop-op from Origin about having to agree to download those new files (sorry don't remember what they were called) is the reason this is happening??

The update required you to download Visual C++ 2015 and 2019. It also required my computer to restart after that. Maybe they updated the drivers.

So far the game is running fine for me without mods on my laptop...I have not updated it yet on my desktop PC...
  • SantiagoWittSantiagoWitt Posts: 40 Member
    Downloaded the patch, removed all my mods, started a new save, everything looks great, no crashes, woo hoo! Then he went to eat, and immediately after walked to the bathroom to do the dishes. I was CRUSHED that this bug fix didn’t take.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I'm so happy about the bug fixes! Especially for saying goodbye to the neverending movies, chess and voidcritter games and the garden fix :blush: I can finally play with my families that have cowplants again.

I also can't wait for my sims and their toddlers to go on vacations. I wanted to do that before with one family and was a bit sad that it wasn't possible then!
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I'm installing all system updates that windows wants right now. And making sure my graphics drivers are up-to-date. And I've taken out my mods, tray and backed up my saves. I'm almost ready to let the game update. Wish me luck!
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I'm convinced - not going to install the patch. I'll just play offline.

I refuse to patch myself, but it stinks, because my son preordered the ep so now can't download it tomorrow night unless this fixed. I won't patch even to install ep.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    In some cases it may come down to specs and problems with specs are sometimes attributed to problems with the game.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    logion wrote: »

The update required you to download Visual C++ 2015 and 2019. It also required my computer to restart after that. Maybe they updated the drivers.

So far the game is running fine for me without mods on my laptop...I have not updated it yet on my desktop PC...

What does the Visual C++ do? Do you think that might have something to do with the issues I'm having? I am on a PC with Windows 10, all updated.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited November 2020
    logion wrote: »

What does the Visual C++ do? Do you think that might have something to do with the issues I'm having? I am on a PC with Windows 10, all updated.

They are drivers that makes the game being able to run and display graphics. It could be the issue, crinrict is listing the new MS .net Framework as a possible issue on Answer HQ: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Crashes-after-November-2020-Patch/td-p/9719086 if that's the case, all you can do is make sure that your graphics card is using the latest drivers and your Windows is up to date, I noticed that they released a new .NET Framework update today.

That's interesting, I checked the update history on my laptop and that update failed (KB45867819).