The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renovate My House...

Comments

• nali272nali272 Posts: 432 Member
    @icanhassims - you are welcome...the outside was enhanced and there is no shame in how you enjoy your downtime!
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    Thank you so much @nali272 for another fun challenge. You did such a fantastic job at building and landscaping this house. It was a real treat to renovate!
    I also just realized that I never responded to your nice comments from the last challenge :# Thank you so much for all your kind words they are truly appreciated <3

Entry form
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery name & Link: Living off The Grid
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes
    Link to slideshow: RMH - Hubbard
    Details: This complete project came in with a value of just over $85,000. I parked it in Granite Falls just because it gave me the best picture :) I chose to keep the Hubbard's cabin off the grid rather than wire up the house for power. I removed a couple of the trees on the one side of the cabin to make room for a horse shoe game and some water balloons for Patriarch to enjoy. The main floor of the home is where you will find all the activity. It has Tristen's bedroom as well as his parents room. I have given them a large open concept kitchen and dining area and have also added a small office space for those who need it. I have added a knitting area for Matriarch to enjoy in the sunken living room and brightened up the fireplace (which was absolutely stunning to begin with). The second floor is meant for the two couples without children. Each bedroom has it's own attached bathroom. I decided to make the house with 3 full bathrooms instead of the required 2 1/2 just to make it more convenient for the families. I hope that is okay.
    Pictures:
    Street view
    ZOOODbr.png
    Back view
    h8CAHJh.png
    First floor top view
    ImOwUAP.png
    Second Floor Top View
    xrGwj8g.png
    @AlJay, awesome front yard changes, adding the additional plants in the front. All of the outdoor games will entertain Nelson and his family for hours. The sunken living room is bright, comfortable and that fireplace is amazing, then you went duplicated a small version in the wonderful master bedroom!!!! The way you created the back half of the living room into a faux room is inspiring and Madelynn will enjoy knitting there. I would never have thought to flip the kitchen to the other side and create the bedrooms in its place. Doing that also allowed for the office/study space, which is a great place for homework or working from home. Plenty of room in the dining room for the family to eat together. Cute bunk bed in Tristen's room. The upstairs landing is beautifully decorated. The great-grand and grandparents will enjoy their separate spaces with on-suite bathrooms. Again your art is just the ribbon on the present/ Thank you for participating.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Thank you so much @nali272 <3
    @AlJay - you're welcome.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    AsPQsz5.jpg

The Avilla Briefing:

Background - The Avilla twins, Marisol and Gabriella are not quite ready to separate so what did they do?... Buy a house together. But what did they buy?!?! A house whose previous owner got way over their head and walked away from new construction home 1/4 of the way through. The twins have a trust fund, that holds the money that will be used to pay for finishing the construction to their liking. (they were to young to remember the trauma).

Gallery Lot ID: RMHAvilla BUDGET above lot and house cost: $175,000 Lot size: 30 x 20 Floorplan: 2 story 0 bd 0.5 ba Lot/World I used: Hillside Highland, Newcrest

Gallery Link: [url=Here [/url]

Exterior style:
    Both twins love modern homes and would like the house to reflect that. They bought the home because of the balcony on the front and would like to maintain that. May extend the 2nd floor to the back if needed to get all of the asks. Please a separate garage or carport for their cars. You may change the windows and doors to match the modern style you create.

Interior style:
    Here is where the twins have a difference of opinion…Marisol is a little more elegant modern and Gabriella is cozy eclectic. Please find a way to blend their styles. Any removed trash, plumbing, windows, doors, walls, and floors do not count toward your budget. Any appliances and furniture do count towards the budget. If you use the MOO cheat, there are items in some of the crates that must be used in the décor, you may change the color but not the item. Both twins like color, but only pops of it.

Landscape Style:
    Your choice, but they would like a place to sit and hang out with each other or friends.

Issues to resolve / things to know: (MOO is on)
    • A minimum 2 story, 3 story - must maintain the balcony.
    • A minimum of 2 bedrooms, 3 max.
    • Open ceiling to the living room with a modern fireplace.
    • A bathroom for each bedroom, 2 rooms can share. For resale purposes it would be great to have a master, Marisol is the eldest and laid claim to this room.
    • A quiet and tranquil area off the balcony for yoga and meditating.

Gallery TAG: #RMHAvilla - DUE 11/10
    QmWe2cf.png
    YnMnYt2.png
    nDw5iMw.png
    LLfvxh3.jpg

Slide Show: https://imgur.com/a/fIE8zoB

bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    This sounds really fun! You put a lot of work on the challenge, there are so many interesting aspects.
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Origin ID: icanhassims
    Link to the gallery: Avilla Remodel
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure!
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/avilla-remodel.html
    Notes: Built out the back on both floors. Installed a sunroof over the open living room. I decided to include the space for yoga and meditation in the basement gym instead of off the balcony because it ended up working better that way in terms of the configuration of the house. Master bedroom with attached bath was placed on the second floor with the second bedroom (also with attached bath) on the first floor. Also added a pool and garden out back, in addition to a BBQ area and place to hang out next to the pool (with the option for a little bubbly with friends).
    Pictures:
    10-28-20-4-01-59-pm_orig.png

Other sides of the house (3 photos):
    10-28-20-4-10-35-pm.png
    10-28-20-4-10-40-pm.png
    10-28-20-4-10-46-pm.png

Top-down views (3 photos):
    10-28-20-4-10-19-pm.png
    10-28-20-4-10-12-pm.png
    10-28-20-4-44-29-pm.png

Some additional screenshots (6 photos):
    10-28-20-4-04-04-pm.png
    10-28-20-4-05-49-pm.png
    10-28-20-4-06-18-pm.png
    10-28-20-4-08-53-pm.png
    10-28-20-4-09-27-pm.png
    10-28-20-4-07-54-pm.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    @Auroraskies - thank you, I am trying to keep it fun and interesting...
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @icanhassims - based on your pics I can't wait to DL and tour. I will post when I do!!!!
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited October 2020
    I liked this house so much, it almost felt a shame to complete it, looking so good with all its trash and tarp. But I did anyway, and did I have fun!

Origin ID: DonroaAkashu
    Link to the gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/40C4D1671AFD11EB883605BB85D44FD3?searchtype=hashtag&category=all&time=all&searchquery=RMHAvilla&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false
    Do you want feedback from anyone? No, it's alright, but thank you, you give very good feedback.
    Description: Created two bedrooms, the upstairs with a sole bathroom with a shower; the smaller one downstairs with a shared bathroom across the living room, but with an entrance from the bedroom to a flower garden.
    Changed flooring but kept the beautiful ecological facade wood panels throughout where they were applied.
    Balcony kept as is; and made lush and calm.
    Open ceiling living room enhanced by ceiling window, for even more light; placed an easel where the light hits in the morning for best result.
    Modern fireplace installed; and living room extracted in the back to make room for a sitting space.
    Made a laid-back social area in the back yard; built a car port; added lots of widows; removed some, and put in some more roof windows for the modern look and light.
    The items in the crates (did not enable moo before downloading) were used: the round vase in the upstairs bedroom, being old and dim it needed a repaint; the chair given new seating as it was damaged in the move; and the blue vase in Gabriella's bedroom, unchanged as it was well kept. The stereo in the living room, cleaned..
    Fully furnished and decorated.
    Money left: 135 000.
    Pictures:
    Grim is playtesting for me
    JWRoenu.png

Sides:
    Front
    RWsS9xf.png

Left
    VmY3svw.png

Back
    WXb1vdD.png

Right
    UQnJTkb.png

Floors
    Roof
    IzPEEtt.png

Top floor
    d6VPPGc.png

Main floor
    nLTJCnd.png

Bonus
    A grim awakening
    zXmtROC.png

Saved by a kiss!
    LWCYeUh.png

Proud of meself
    c5RhO3p.png

@Auroraskies I enjoyed the tour thanks for participating.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Everyone's houses look so beautiful!
    I am really struggling with this one this time, I'm not sure if I have ever built something so ugly, lol! Right now I am calling it "The Glass Tent" :s oh well, I'll keep plugging away. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
    @icanhassims - Another great redesign. The Avilla twins would be very happy living there. The teal and brown color scheme is beautiful together. You were able to get a lot in this house for its size. Bonus points for the gym with a lookout to the pool. Even the stairwells are spick and span. The balcony has just the right amount of décor to not take away from it. Wonderful entertaining area for the twins to enjoy with friends. The garden will get great use and the fountains in the front yard are the icing on the cake. I hope you enjoyed the crate surprises, I enjoyed how you used them in the house. Thank you again for participating.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @AlJay , you've got time to figure it out. I am sure in the end it will all come together!! As long as you are having fun.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Happy weekend to you too @AlJay ! Ugly can be very interesting to look at, meeting the abject makes us involved with ourselves with the disgust it creates; so uncontained and nausiating, inflicting upon our borders of self-preservation!

I have a couple of houses in my play save deliberately used for that reason, of builds that turned out so wrong they are right, and fill a purpose in my sim universe as a real experience of the obtrusive world. They irk me everytime I notice them, it makes me feel so alive and alert.
    Thank you @nali272 and @Auroraskies
    I am having fun, I like a good challenge :)
    And very interesting observation Auroraskies!
    Thank you @nali272. I'm so glad that you and twins like my remodel. ;)
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Origin ID: Clousinators
    Gallery name & Link: Modern Home Remodel https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/106925201CC911EB859305BB85D44FD3?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=clousinators&max=50&maxis=false
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes
    Link to slideshow:
    Details: Great idea to hide items under crates! I don't have all the same packs as you though so if I'm missing something, sorry lol. I noticed the girls both liked either water or island so I added a small "beach" area for them to relax and get away. I added on to both floors and moved around the main floor a little to utilize space. I didn't put as much decoration and clutter as usual that way more personal items of theirs could be added in as you play.

6QalMXD.png
    cD5hD9g.png

Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery name & Link : Elegant Modern Villa
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure!
    Link to slideshow: RMH-Avilla
    Details : Since the girls both loved the balcony on the house, I decided to use that as inspiration for the rest of the house. I made floor to ceiling angled glass walls in nearly every room and to keep it from looking like a glass tent, I added pillars of different heights and textures to the exterior of the home. I tried to create a classy elegant modern feel for the girls with feminine touches throughout the home. The backyard is perfect for entertaining and I also gave them a spare bedroom for friends to stay in. Thank you @nali272 for this fun challenge :)
    Pictures:
    dAROYTr.png
    5UdTY2K.png
    @Clousinators This is a gorgeous renovation! The roof takes the home up a level… wonder "beach" next to the pool. That carport is something I would have never thought to do...(will be stealing that, lol.) The patio is a great outdoor entertaining space. I love how you turned the enclosed front patio into the entry point. Nicely done landscaping. The balcony patio is warmly and inviting. The master bedroom suite is awesome as well as the secondary bedroom and bathroom. I like the catwalk from the balcony to the master bedroom. The office space that you created was a surprise. The spaces in front of the door and under the stairs are so cute. The color scheme of the living room is delightful with modern furniture selections. I would have never thought to use pink in the kitchen but it works, bravo! Thank you for participating.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @AlJay I knew you'd pull it off. The landscaping with all of the fountains and the pool gives off such a relaxing feel. This is modern on another level… The mix of all the different textures along with the steel beams is outstanding. (I have only ventured into doing 2 different textures…I need to work on that.) Now it wasn't until my second time looking at this, that I realized that the sides of the house were roofing, not windows!!! The back of the house and yard, no words! Then I looked at the inside… how did you get so much into this small floor plan…are you an interior designer in RL? It is so sophisticated but still welcoming. There are so many great things about this reno I would end up writing a book…so I say, I wish I could live here, probably couldn't afford it and Thank you for participating. <3:D
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Aww, thanks so much @nali272 <3 I'm just a lowly hairstylist IRL. My dad built stairs when I was growing up, so I got to see many beautiful homes and I think it inspired me :)
    edited November 2020
    AsPQsz5.jpg

The Manley Briefing:

Bo Manley is raising his 2 kids and asked that his mother, Mo, move in after Jo was born. Now that Jo is a toddler he needs to move into his own room. He is giving you money to convert a portion of the garage into a room and bath for him and he will give his room to his mom, this will open up her room to give to Jo… and with whatever is left give the house a refresh. What happened to Zo and Jo's mom? Bo is not ready to talk about Lo, he is still hurting. Give them a home to heal and move into a great future.

Gallery Lot ID: RMHManley BUDGET: $125,000 Lot size: 40x30 Floorplan: One story, 3bed, 2.5 bath Lot/world used: Optimist's Outlook, Newcrest

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2065547023B111EB81306119CC9F00CD?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Trinican&max=50&maxis=false

Exterior style:
    Your choice - Do not change the roofline. Bring some life to the back of the house, please!

Interior style:
    Your choice - add walls to the garage to create a new master suite. Any removed walls or trash do not count toward your budget. Any appliances and furniture do count towards the budget.

Landscape Style:
    Your choice

Issues to resolve / things to know: (MOO is on)
    • Bo would like a man cave bedroom, a place all to himself.
    • Mo would like a peaceful bedroom that reminds her of the ocean.
    • Zo likes the color purple and would a little of it in her room.
    • Jo needs space to play in his room and a potty.
    • Add a place for Zo to do homework that can also be used by Jo later
    • Create a play space outside for the kids if any money is left.
    • Keep Mo's rocking chair somewhere in the house.
    • Redecorate the home to match.

Gallery TAG: #RMHManley - DUE 11/24
    KJ82bGQ.jpg
    7AnRUBu.png
    B9p5t3G.png
    EMjAHBY.png

Slide Show: https://imgur.com/a/jsyiXUZ

Post edited by nali272 on
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Great briefing! Does this mean that Zo and Jo are sharing a room now? Because I see two kids rooms and am wondering if we can give them separate rooms.