Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Is Out! November 10 (Update Nov 17)

Comments

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    My sound doesn't work on my laptop, maybe the patch will fix it. LOL ;)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    A little MOO and you can add stuff to the platform wall :)
    11-10-20_9-14-00%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

Oh God, more MOO nonsense I have to worry about when browsing the gallery.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    OMG. They fixed the atrocious attire that sims wear when we are not in control of them? Again? Does it work this time? Oh please. It's one of the reasons I can't play.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Flexono1

lovely staircases but my eyes were peeled on what looks like such a fab manor :) is it on the gallery?
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Flexono1

lovely staircases but my eyes were peeled on what looks like such a fab manor :) is it on the gallery?

If I ever get around to finishing it, i'll stick it on the gallery. But its been several months and i am nowhere near done :D
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Flexono1

If you finish it and remember I asked just let me know :)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm so happy to see so many bug fixes. They finally fixed the sink problem. I can't even believe it.
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Still no UI Scaling for console, I have to wonder if it's even doable at this point.

The platforms look like they'll be fun to use.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    The clay/future cube bug that’s riddled my game for so long is finally being fixed! Fantastic!
  • CaityCupcakes10CaityCupcakes10 Posts: 91 Member
    edited November 2020
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    Only tried out the one platform finally creating a functioning staircase in Croft Manor 77b648e3a9c54ec814d703ba11d8ea1e.jpg

But i did encounter some issues:

-I've been having some bad lag when placing platforms, although it may not be patch related because i'm playing a large build.

-Platforms placed inside rooms cannot be raised/lowered with the drag arrow, it simply lifts the entire build. I instead had to use the arrows on the 'info' (not sure what to call it) panel to raise/lower one increment at a time

-Platforms placed against walls delete the wall

Certainly has some major potential, just a few QOL fixes and it should be amazing

edit: remembered something else. LET US USE ANY WALL COVERING ON PLATFORMS.... no offence but the trims are a let down, let us paint/wallpaper them to seamlessly blend into our builds

The platforms aren't actually meant to be raised/lowered by the drag arrow, that's exclusively for the foundation which is why it raises the whole thing :smiley: That's why they added the arrows on the panel you press. It is annoying having to keep clicking...I'm not sure what the alternative would be if they changed it though :confused:

edit: Forgot to add, the build looks incredible so far haha!
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    edit: remembered something else. LET US USE ANY WALL COVERING ON PLATFORMS.... no offence but the trims are a let down, let us paint/wallpaper them to seamlessly blend into our builds

A good workaround for this is with the new half wall heights you can put a half wall the same height as the platform next to it and use all paint/wallpaper/etc. as expected. New half wall heights are added for every platform level so it works pretty well.
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    Three random crashes and counting.....! Game just stopped working. It’s like Sims 3...
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I have not had any crashing or issues. I've been building and placing platforms with no problem either. All my mods are disabled right now, so I'm running vanilla. But the one issue I did notice was the Gallery. Has the patch broken the Gallery for anyone else?
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

A good workaround for this is with the new half wall heights you can put a half wall the same height as the platform next to it and use all paint/wallpaper/etc. as expected. New half wall heights are added for every platform level so it works pretty well.

The half walls are technically fences. You can't add stairs to the platform if you have half walls surrounding it. Most people want the platforms to work with the stairs. Half walls also don't work if you want to build a sunken floor , the part of the wall that is sunken will accept only foundation wallpaper, not the regular wallpaper. It doesn't look too good if you ask me.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I just had a crash. I'm on console.
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    Absolutely loving everything this patch has fixed! The Sentiments and Sim Profile are fantastic little add ons too.

Only thing that’s bugged me is the issue with lofted stairs, but it’s not a dealbreaker! 🥳
  • nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    Yay so many fixes. So glad about Sentiments being base game even though those were advertised with the next EP.
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    I can't figure out what I'm missing. Aside from the Platform Tool, nothing seems different about the game for me at all after the patch (and I had no issues patching or anything). I'm not seeing anything new with skin colors, I don't see these "sentiments" or any new Sim Profile anywhere, Sims are constantly barging into my Sulani house, and my Sim keeps trying to get water after every single action (wasn't that supposed to be in the last patch?).

Do I have to turn any of this on in a menu somewhere?
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I tried the platforms, they work great!
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    Jokubas wrote: »
    I can't figure out what I'm missing. Aside from the Platform Tool, nothing seems different about the game for me at all after the patch (and I had no issues patching or anything). I'm not seeing anything new with skin colors, I don't see these "sentiments" or any new Sim Profile anywhere, Sims are constantly barging into my Sulani house, and my Sim keeps trying to get water after every single action (wasn't that supposed to be in the last patch?).

Do I have to turn any of this on in a menu somewhere?

@Jokubas you’ll be able to find the Sentiments in the Sim Profile which is in the relationship tab on the Simology panel.

If you click on a Sim that you know or are friends with it gives the option to “view profile”. You’ll be able to view sentiments and other detail there. 🤩
  • StephL19StephL19 Posts: 4 New Member
    After the patch, half of my mods and base, stuff, expansion, game pack are having scripts called failed. I have repair the game, It's still saying it. Counchs, Bed, Kitchen cabits and counters, etc. I don't know what else to do, was looking forward to playing the sims.
  • TraarjoTraarjo Posts: 65 Member
    I have never had so many random visitors that just barge into my house. Almost never had this problem, and I saw that the patch notes specifically said that was something that was fixed.
  • ShachaaiShachaai Posts: 55 Member
    I've had a new modern Japanese style lot prepped to play with platforms when they came out, so I can only talk about BB issues, but, mods all removed for now, my game crashed once on a fairly simple lot when all I was doing was drawing a fence.

Drawing a platform up against a wall deleted the wall, and drawing a platform inside a room deleted the roof above the platform.
    As others above have noted, platforms are not separate from foundations, so they'll be raised with the rest of your lot if the buildings have foundations.

I genuinely can't remember if I had MOO on when I was poking at it, so take this with a pinch of salt, but I was super happy to be able to finally place a pool ladder from a platform/foundation directly into the pool that was on the level below it.

Also - so happy to see some sort of fix for situational outfits and the off-grid phone bug. My sims have been throwing temper tantrums for weeks when their calls suddenly dropped off!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Happy to report that after repairing my game I now have sound and TV video back in my game. :smiley: