Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update/Rework old packs

Several months ago there was a survey and one of the questions in that survey was which packs would you like to see get a little bit extra add to it and asked players to select 3.

This is a link to Plumbella's video talking about said survey and the subject in question comes up at 7:20.
https://youtu.be/38JATjN0kow

Now my question for you all is what 3 packs (EPs/GPs) do you think should get a second look at and what would you like to see be changed/added?

Comments

• Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited November 2020
    1. They need to scrap Dine Out and start over.

2. Certain aspects of Get Famous need a lot of love. Mainly Del Sol Valley and some of the more annoying “features”.

3. Outdoor Retreat is really old now and seems lacking. It needs expanding in all areas.

Honorable mention: Get To Work. For an expansion pack, it’s incredibly limited in its appeal. There aren’t a lot of reasons to own it, honestly.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Dine out never did work correctly.
    Parenthood needs more options to turn off character values and ask for advice.
    Island Living needs more fleshed out merfolk like vamps got.

Also, gardening needs to be fixed and that stems across several packs.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2020
    Now for me I have 3 packs that I believe should get redone.
    Edit: would of had this posted sooner but I had a lot too say :lol:

Get to Work
    I like GTW and for me it one of my favorite packs since I like active careers and I like running my own shops but I feel like since it was the first EP there is s lot they can do now to make it better.
    Retail - I think that retail shops should be given a rating system just like restaurants as well as the ability to be open without you the player having to be there. Another changed I'd like to see the ability to select what items are for sale in build mode much like how you can select the menu at a restaurant. This would make setting up a shop a little more easy, especially if you don't plan on having a household actually own it.
    Active Careers - I'd like to see all the active careers get a rework in their promotion requirements by putting some focus on skills. Detective should require fitness and logic, Doctor; logic and charisma, and Scientist; logic, gardening, and rocket science. I'd also like to see a general update to the hospital AI but having the staff actually tend to other patients while we are working with ours. If burglars ever do get added I'd like to see new scenarios added to the detective career that allows us to chase after burglars and maybe even do neighbrhopd night watches.
    Aliens - Aliens are the most boring occult in game. They have no real powers. Now I don't need a full on detailed power tree with levels and 30 abilities but they do need more to them besides the ability to erase memories and drain brain power from other sims.

Outdoor Retreat
    After seeing how much more interesting the hikes are going to be in SE I'd like to see hiking get updated to work the same. Our sims can go on group hikes and stop to take pictures, talk to each other, maybe pull out binoculars to look at bird or random forest animals. Update the water in Granite Falls so you could go swimming in them. The ability to swim at Granite Falls would add so much to the experience. Also sleeping bags this needs to be a thing just for fun. Lastly and idk how many of you will feel about this but I think if you have C&Ds installed then "foxes" & "raccoons" should be seen roaming around. Also add some of the Insect spawners to other worlds. It weird how insects can only get caught in Granite Falls.

Island Living
    It a pack that could of added so much but just adds so little for an EP and atm it my least favore EP mostly because it adds some my of most favorite aspects about Island Paradise but does them so poorly.
    Lifeguard career - The lifeguard part time job should be an active career. It doesn't need to be made into a full time career but it should be active. This was one of my favorite careers in ts3 so the fact that it came back as a rabbithole is pretty disappointing. Also lifeguards NPCs should spawn on Beach and Pool lots types.
    Scuba Diving - The big scuba diving buoys should take you to underwater lots where you can explore and collect new fish, underwater plants, and collect treasures. Basically the ts3 underwater diving.
    Mermaids -Personally I'm fine with how they are but for many they needed more to them. Maybe not a skill tree as detailed as vampires and witches but enough that your mermaids could stand out by having their own unique powers/songs.

Honorable mention
    Journey to Batuu
    This is the first pack that I didn't buy right when it came out and bought when it was on sale and for me that says something. Now I haven't touched this pack so I can't say much but what I can say is that there should of been a Force power tree like vampires. I know that if this was in the pack so many more players would find more enjoyment from it and some replayability from it. The "alien" masks should cover your sims entire bodies. Having the texture cut at the thigh, upper arms, and just below the neck really destroys any use they had since you always have to make sure any sims you use them with is wearing clothes that hide the cut offs.
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    Dine Out - Do I need to elaborate... Everything is sadly broken, how can they even leave the whole thing in that state I wonder.

Get To Work - It's really petty but i'd like to be able to choose the shop-type, between "tablet checkout" and "cash register checkout". The latter is much more immersive I can't even explain how and why but that's just how I feel.

City Living - Being able to build appartments in any world really. But with the way those are made in the game I get why that would be difficult. Also, improving the elevator animation, as in our sim coming inside and out of the elevator. The teleporting breaks the immersion somehow.

Get Famous - reworking, or adding a new tier, to the existing skill trees. I don't find any of the branches interesting. I also liked being harassed by paparazzis and hardcore fans in Sims 1 and I feel like the ones in Sims 4 are too nice lol.

Across all worlds: Being able to hike, a nice feature that is going to be introduced in Snowy Escape. Could benefit from new animations too, like taking pictures of the SCENERY, and not necessarily selfies.

Eco Lifestyle: make NAP interesting, or let you choose which ones you want to add to the NAP pool. HOW did the devs think that some of the NAP they introduced were even remotely FUN? NO, I don't like sims stealing random things from my lot with me noticing 2 hours later, NO, I don't like seeing random sims doing push ups at the restaurant.
    Some of them are interesting and are a real nice challenge tho, like the ones where you have to produce enough water/electricity with eco-machines or else you get a fine. But oh god are most of the other ones uninteresting, and the whole eco footprint is broken since you can't, even when trying really hard, get a bad eco footprint. Make some of the actions and the materials you use have more impact and not necessarily tend toward a neutral footprint. The whole EP is pointless as it is today, but yet had a lot of potential.

Realm of Magic: It's not really reworking, it's more like asking for new content so I'm not getting my hopes up but... Make some spells' effects exclusive to RoM? All of this GP spells borrow something already existing somewhere else in the game. No effect is actually new. It's kind of lazy.
    I wish they let the children play with magic too, like in Sims 1, with the tool that looked like a lizard.
    Magictown was fun too, with missions like chasing clouds, and exchanging materials for Magic Coins and various benefits.
    Overall RoM was a missed opportunity I guess, it took "magic" too seriously.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    1) Eco Lifestyle---a complete do-over from the ground up, aside from the lots themselves

2) City Living---make it more intuitive and easier to navigate

3) Discover University---if you can't go to classes with the teachers or student Sims, why even bother?
  • Options
    ShachaaiShachaai Posts: 55 Member
    1) Island Living needs a rehaul. At the very least its mermaids need some kind of skill tree to match most of the other occults, and I agree with a lot of others that the addition of at least one underwater lot in that world would be liven up a trip to the dive buoys. (Perhaps a hidden lot that only mermaids can visit?) The off-lot space in Sulani needs more objects to make the corners of the map worth visiting.

2) Outdoor Retreat needs to allow for bugs outside of Granite Falls, and just have more to do - for all the family - in that world. It's such a boring world for toddler, child and occasionally elder sims. Why can't the toddlers catch - and eat - uncooked bugs? Swimming would be wonderful, but I'd like to see an overhaul to the hiking now along the SE style, and more family/interactive play between sims.

3) Seasons needs something new added to it, because most of its main draw/unique features have been stripped out and reused now in other packs like Spooky Stuff and Snowy Escape. Maybe the ability to ice-fish in winter. Snow depth? I keep completely missing the fact there's a blizzard outside my sims' home because it looks exactly the same as it does every other day in winter in-game. I'd like to see my sims at least partially snowed-in. Every now and then during a summer heatwave, a water limit per day is randomly imposed for a few days.

Honourable mentions for minor touch-ups to:
    Get Famous, imo, mostly needs an expansion in which careers automatically grant you fame as you ascend in their ranks. My entertainer and celebrity chef sims should not be struggling to stay famous when they go to work, or relying on chance cards.
    Dine Out works fairly okay in my game, but the meals need to sped up dramatically.
    Realm of Magic just feels a little lacking? I've only had this game a little while and haven't done much with it yet, but the actual RoM just feels a little sparse. Also some spells/buffs/whatever that make it a little easier to play - and be acknowledged by other sims in-game! - as being an evil spellcaster. Because, sure, I can tell MYSELF that my sim spellcaster is evil and has the evil trait and everything, but there's not much ability to differentiate between them and the 'good' spellcasters.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I remember selecting Dine Out. I seem to recall most forum users selected this one, it's a pack that has not been updated well over the years.

I don't remember the other two I selected, I think I selected Cats & Dogs and Get Famous.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    1. They need to scrap Dine Out and start over.

2. Certain aspects of Get Famous need a lot of love. Mainly Del Sol Valley and some of the more annoying “features”.

3. Outdoor Retreat is really old now and seems lacking. It needs expanding in all areas.

Honorable mention: Get To Work. For an expansion pack, it’s incredibly limited in its appeal. There aren’t a lot of reasons to own it, honestly.

I think they need to scrap Get Famous. The only thing good about it is an extra world to build in, The Fame mod is far superior to Get Famous. I usually disable the pack and use the mod.

Outdoor retrat is salvagable.

My first choice would be The Realm of Magic and keep in mind I love this Game Pack a lot. Magic has zero consequences. There should be some kind of consequences for a Spellcaster using magic, Vampires have weakness they are required to choose when giving them strengths when they gain power. Yet Magic has zero random buffs, zero consequences, no problems like earning personality traits like inanity, memory loss, etc and this is one of the main things and biggest pet peeve I have with the pack. Also our sims should be able to discover new schools of magic and new spells for that school of magic. For example I should be able to create a sage and school for Ancient Magic and it be a separate chapter in a spellcaster's spellbook as a new school of magic. If a player wishes to have their sim become a Sage of a new school/discipline of magic they should have that option as an aspiration. I would like Simeon giving a lecture on ethics because of the nature of Practical Magic. It would seem like it would be a part of his personality. Comparing Untamed Magic and Practical Magic is like comparing Right Handed Path and Left Handed Path traditions. Morgyn would be Left Handed Path while Simeon would be Right Handed Path. However, Simeon though Right Handed Path in his tradition should have defensive and warior based magic like communication with electronics and machines kind of Adeptus Mechanicus Sims style. He should be able to use magic "to ease the machine's pain" He should be able to "bless" any machine or electronic. He should be able to control any electronic or machine with magic. Because of his high programming skills, logic and other geeky qualities it should affect what only he can do as The Sage of Practical Magic. Some spells he would not teach even to his best students who have mastered every spell in that school of Practical Magic because only The Sage Practical Magic or retired Sage of Practical Magic would know those spells. I would love se Simeon especially improved of The Three Sages. Morgyn could use some fine tuning but his magic should have things like magical "addiction" and erratic behaviour as his price for using and even mastering untamed magic. Maybe that type of magic has affected him in ways we as players have yet to see. I would really love to see magic improved.

There should be more schools of Magic. Not just custom Sages who have custom spells added any of the existing schools of magic. Though I don't want my sim to be a Sage I would like the option to have my sim being a spellcaster learning old magic that has been lost and discoving a new school of magic.

For these reasons Realm of Magic (though one of my favourite and most used packs) needs to be reworked, updated and greatly improved.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited November 2020
    I don't really remember what i chose back then as i had less packs at the moment but my current thoughts:

1. Outdoor Retreat
    -this one has fallen below stuff packs in contents by now and i honestly just feel it needs big additions to be considered gamepack

like even just add some small outdoor activities like bird watching or picnic baskets or whatever maybe even better cooking options for bonfires like kettles and pots and all

open water for the lake (whats the use of lake cabin if there is no swimming)

and more build items for better log cabins
    wall object and such

the flat walls offend my soul so much because real log cabins made of log are definitely not flat like that

some pictures for insights:
    9381248.jpeg
    4570b23.jpg2d491eaa576a82bc28d7da0481677367.jpg

it might be hard to achieve with wallpapers but they could use wall detail objects like they did in jungle adventures with stone details and add some good old logs there

also. i wouldnt mind more furs and animal heads and that stuff like i get ur tryna not annoy vegans but really its rather common cabin objects...

or if not that give me a real scary bear bear that should not annoy vegans cause its alive

oh and also make the world residential

or hey they could add the hammock taken out of IL... or sleeping bags or.. yeah too much possibilities not explored
    2. Get to Work
    I think this one just feels very lacking maybe cause its early packs but id like some improvements to the existing careers

like detectives need more interesting gigs than doodles at goth house

and i don't think drinking coffee and cleaning is exactly what being doctor is about (though i may be wrong)

i think they could add robbers in the game so then our detective sims could catch them and such and also like alarms or lot type to not have them in case it gets problematic

I also think they could add job manager here which lets you assign sims for the npcs like firefighters bartenders pianists maids (robbers) and such

or perhaps there could be new active careers added preferably either creative ones with new skill or maybe like less fancy ones like maid or repairman would be cool addition if you added some drama

oh and also let my aliens abduct sims too and live in sixam and let me make aliens that do not hide their alien identity as well as ones that do

ohoh and also let me place hospitals and police stations and science lab anywhere and make them possible to visit without working there especially for the hospital and police station
    3. Realm of Magic
    this one is more because my occult loving heart weeps for the gameplay

it had so much potential but it fell flat because the spells are too temporary (id like for sims turned into a fish stay fish until someone turns them back into sims for example)

I also think that we really needed the witch cloaks and hats goodness here

and maybe some more evil or unique spells that can't be done with other gameplay

also i think we should be able to do more with familiars like at least feed the poor creatures and play with them and such

aand yeah kids should be able to magic

and i would have loved magic shows or something like ts1 but :(

oh also smaller cauldron

Unhonorary mention: Snowy Escape
    I just wanted more japan specific gameplay objects really.

and more swatches and variations to the existing objects like i should have low dining table without heating and blanket as well since you started and i should have games for low tables and there should be more swatches and sizes to the painting doors

and id really have liked to have futons and some new teamaking object too

or japanese indoor firepits or such that would have been lit for the theme

just.. my heart weeps

oh and yeah the world is bit too shell infested for my tastes :|
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited November 2020
    I need them to update the following:

Get To Work: Needs more retail items and MORE RETAIL POSABILITIES( Grocery Store, Sports Store themed objects, Book Store, Floral Store themed objects, Toy Store themed objects, Makeup functional counters, Makeup themed objects, Bike cycle themed Store objects, etc. More Specificaly themed posters or objects and items. More stuff to ADD TO ALIENS: mothership, probe station, cool Alien themed posters and objects. (ALIEN WORLD PROTECHORS : MIB the Men in Black! OR USE THE PEOPLE FROM STANGERVILE AS A CROSS PACK JOB.

Get Together: Give us a (beer) juice festival, there is no reason of why we don't have a festival in this world. (October fest is real) Saint Patrick's day is real too. Laser tag should have been in this world. Mini golf course, mini race car or GO car track and Amusement Park. We want the sims to get together right, it's suppose to be fun things to do in this pack.

Seasons: MORE HOLIDAY STUFF TO ADD TO CALANDER!( Randomly give out valentine cards, Secret Present donation ( Sims actually receive donated gift and information of the sims who donated) Family appreciation day (Children sims invite family member Sims to there school on this day , the family member that goes brings back a card or picture fame made by the kid sim).

Discover University: ADD MORE JOBS, VEHICLES: learn a trade (truck driving, welding, news anchor, etc.) New Anchor could be cross pack compatible works with seasons, Get famous, And Island living. Your sim would really show up on TV with some pre made stuff to say or do. Haha I know there isn't any vehicles in the sims but that can be an update to add to this pack.

Island Living: fix the conservationist career. MERMAIDS NEED HELP ( there not fun enough to play with)

LESS SET DRESSING AND MORE ACTIVE LOTS FOR THE NEW WORLDS FROM NOW ON, PLEASE!

Post edited by motdk on
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    Dine out for obvious reasons of just it functions badly.

Outdoor Retreat because it's actually the most boring pack ever created. Add some activities to granite falls and make hiking a group activity.

Get to Work because the active careers are boring. Give them more variety in tasks as sims get promoted.

Those would be my three choices. I do however think all the packs should receive an update now that sentiments are a thing. I would like to see specific sentiments for each pack.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I think these packs are lacking the most, for reasons already stated:
    Outdoor Retreat
    Get Famous
    Island Living

Overall I think we have been needing more activities for 2 or more sims to do together. These packs have mainly solo activities.
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I don't remember this survey? It'd be hard to pick just three.

-Parenthood:

funerals
    slumber parties
    pool parties
    ballet
    baby showers
    meet the parents
    day care
    slow dancing
    cuddling in bed
    honeymoons
    bachelor/ette parties
    wedding parties
    strollers
    graduation parties
    teens getting grounded for throwing house parties
    pillow/blanket forts
    group sports
    tag

-Get to Work:

checking in to the hospital
    getting arrested
    shopping malls

-Get Famous:

musicians and singers and more instruments
    theatres and acting on stage, not just on camera
    concert venues and world tours
    entourages

-Island Living:

active scuba diving
    underwater world for mermaids
    hammocks
    multi-tasking on lounge chairs
    hotels

-University:

optional active classes
    active professor career
    wilder parties with consequences
    for the shower to work with tubs
    woohoo in bathroom stalls
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited November 2020
    All of the older stuff really need something fresh. Plus they were developed without the core of the standard pack's identity being developed. These include GTW, DO, OR, etc. These early ones have bugs that need fixing, content that needs rounding out, and a bunch of general improvements.

The rest are more of a wishlist, for me, because they are the packs that felt especially deficient.

First, Kid's Room Stuff. Voidcritters have become recurring characters in the worlds, but their initial and most substantial appearance is far too limiting. They are only relegated to the child life stage. Teens and adults should be able to play with children on this.

ROM is another personal disappointment. It is not the worst pack by a long shot, but it lacks the punch and identity that Vampires had. We need unique abilities not found in other packs and more crosspack that make spellcasters feel more powerful. Also ways to make them more unique.

Cats and Dogs is the pack I have always been most disappointed in. I have expressed it in long posts in many other places, but Pets packs have been my make it or break it packs since the beginning and 4 was the only one to break it. In comparison, 3's was near perfection. So yeah, anything to make it more like that. Develop pets properly. I want control, but even without it they should have proper relationships and an info panel. Children should be able to do care actions like bathing and walking. Cats should be able to learn tricks. They should also have skills again and maybe be able to get jobs. They need more traits. Also, I would willing accept small pets, farm animals, and equestrian things in other packs.

IL, I love, but it could use more underwater and mermaid stuff.

In Seasons, it is a super solid pack, but I just want to be able to control the seasons! Had I that power I already would have had my own winter world ten times over.

GF's world could use some fixing up. It always feels so small an unusable whenever I play, and it is supposed to be a city but not a CL city.

EL I enjoy, and I do not mind NAPs too much, but I am not opposed to limiting and restructuring some of the more annoying behaviours. Plus things still happen where the inspections are a fraud. Plus more options are always appreciated.

Parenthood is another solid pack, but it seems to be the best place to fit school reformations. I'd like options like private school, boarding school, and homeschooling. Plus it also seems like the best place to tack on children's activities like treehouses, lemonade stands, etc. If not put here, they can come in other packs.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2020
    These three are my picks and I think I chose the same in the survey, though not sure about Cats and Dogs.

Get to Work
    Realm of Magic
    Outdoor Retreat

There are many packs that have done some half 🐸🐸🐸🐸 things, but these three need help on almost every aspect.

Get To Work:

Retail:

Home businesses
    New unique animations for retail interactions
    Lost costumers in the store and new "Can I help you?" interaction
    Restocking craftable items can only happen if you have that same item in your inventory (does not check for item quality for replacement)
    Animated registers and checking sims through the register
    Changing room object and changing room woohoo
    Escalator stairs
    Sims who bought something should carry shopping bags when leaving the store
    Costumer loyalty/star system/business rating
    Better AI while in retail lots
    Clothing racks that allow for sims to purchase any clothing, and restricted access to clothing in CAS (option or cheat to disable for who doesn't want it)
    Fixed retail interactions with celebrities (sims do not need to know them to use retail interactions on them)
    Hire business manager (very expensive/needs max all retail skills), to manage business at a distance
    Modular shelves with corner pieces
    Awning tool to create our own awnings outside the store
    Store coupons
    Shopaholic trait
    Produce stands with inventory to sell harvestables (do not preserve quality like fridges)
    Fish tanks/freezers where sims can buy single fish
    Fridge restocking/having to buy groceries

Active careers:

Replace the event system with career tasks and "gigs"
    Sims should be more likely to get sick when going in the rain without an umbrella
    Ability to go to the hospital to get treated
    Better co-worker AI
    Sims waiting to be admitted should be able to sit at the lounge area of the hospital
    Cops and burglar NPC's
    Burglar alarms
    More variety of actions that grant a citation.
    Donut boxes in the police station
    Stopping robberies
    Expand the amount of electronic devices that can be done in the robot 3D printer
    Alien "brain power" need
    Alies should be able to travel to different lots via their saucer and teleport
    Aliens should be able to scramble a sim's whims
    Alien world should have alien furniture and alien sims should normally spawn there like realm of magic

Realm of Magic:

Children should use brooms
    Children should have limited spells
    Spellcaster children should have access to the "Magic classes" after school activity
    Spellcaster sims should be able to travel from lot to lot with their broom
    Different spells should have different VFX
    Spellcaster sims should have extra voodoo doll spells
    A smaller cauldron that can go on top of counters should be available
    Spellcasters should be able to talk to their familiars
    There should be a spell to bring back cowplants to life
    Sages should have a long loooong cooldown after teaching a sim a spell or potion
    Magic world should have festivals (dueling festival, supernatural festival (vampires, ghosts, plantsims, mermaids and spell casters should attend if you have the other packs, etc.)
    Human sim NPC's should not be allowed into the magic world so that the game does not force them to turn into spellcasters
    Classic european witch clothes in CAS with witch/wizzard hats and robes

Outdoor Retreat:

Sleeping bags
    More tent variations
    Campsite lot venue (this lot costs 0 to rent and NPC sims will plot down their own tents, your sims will need to bring their own tent if they intend to sleep/stay here)
    Natural preserve lot trait (this lot will make it so deer and doe spawn in the lot, sims cannot camp or build camfires here)
    Hammocks
    Outdoor showers (sims bathe in their swimwear)
    Swimming in the lake
    Updated hiking
    Littering sims
    Bird watching (sims use binoculars to check out birds and do different animations, raises fun need and logic/motor skill)
    Park ranger can fine sims for littering in the woods
    Sims should be able to gather wood and stone from the ground and build their own campfires instead of plopping an object down
    Deer animals in Granite Falls (ffs sake Freeplay did it sims team, step it up!)
    Camping stove with unique recipes
    Picnic basket/blanquet
    Romantic version of watching clouds/stars
    Coolers should have an inventory for fish
    Bicycles for kids
    Skipping stones
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    1. Get Famous
    I like the style, I like the actor carieer, but the world is a joke and I feel that Get Famous needs to have more variery of carieers.

2. Get to Work
    Honestly I see no reason to build or visit the shops.

3. Seasons
    It is difficult to choose one expansion as the third option, but I guess thet the Seasons expansion is quite more empty than Island Living for example.

*Eco Lifestyle + Snowy Escape - too many fake houses.