Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stereo Glitch? [solved]

Simmer2500Simmer2500 Posts: 247 Member
One of my Sims had a gifted stereo in his inventory that I didn't want since they have a better one already. So, I took it out of the inventory and tried to place it on the ground outside and then I was going to go to buy mode and delete it but when I tried to place it on the ground it just disappeared. Then I keep hearing the stereo music playing all the time and when my Sims go outside they get the enjoying music on their panel but I looked around for it outside the house and couldn't find it anywhere and the other stereo was not on. Then later the stereo that was in my Sims inventory reappeared back into the inventory. I placed it on the ground and deleted it in buy mode but I still keep hearing stereo music playing even though it wasn't on and neither was the one they have in the house. It's not a big deal but it is a little bit annoying to have an unidentified stereo music playing all the time on the lot that I can't turn off. I guess if there is going to be a glitch here and there it's better that it's a minor one and not a really bad one. Has anyone else had this weird stereo thing happen in their game?

Update: Thanks for the help about this glitch. I didn't end up needing to move the family out and back in as was suggested. One of my Sims was having a Birthday and the screen zoomed in when they started having their Birthday. I zoomed the screen back out and suddenly I was able to see the stereo on the ground outside that was causing the glitch. I was able to go into buy mode and delete it after I turned it off. I thought that only one of the Sims had one in their inventory but I found another one in one of the Sims inventory so I think it's possible that more than one Sim had the same stereo in their inventory and one of them caused the glitch. Anyways, the glitch is gone now.
Post edited by Simmer2500 on

Comments

• rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I just did some research, and if you move your sims out and back in it should fix. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Invisible-stereo-not-on-my-lot-and-I-can-t-remove-it-sims-3/td-p/5588993
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Simmer2500Simmer2500 Posts: 247 Member
    I just did some research, and if you move your sims out and back in it should fix. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Invisible-stereo-not-on-my-lot-and-I-can-t-remove-it-sims-3/td-p/5588993

Thanks for finding out info. about this glitch. I don't particularly feel like moving them out and back in again because all the furniture might go back out of the house and then it will have to be put back in and I had worked a really long time on that house and don't want to have to put everything back into it again. But, I guess if I want that stereo glitch to go away that's what I would have to do or just deal with it like I have been until the parent Sims die of old age and then maybe if I moved another family into that house it might be gone? I just keep not letting them turn on their stereo since I keep hearing that unidentified music all the time.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,274 Member
    You can choose not to pack the furniture when you move, if I remember correctly.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited November 2020
    Wouldn't moving the family out to the clipboard, saving the lot to the library, bulldozing the lot, placing the lot back from the library, and finally placing the family again from clipboard circumvent any such issues?
  • Simmer2500Simmer2500 Posts: 247 Member
    Cororon wrote: »
    You can choose not to pack the furniture when you move, if I remember correctly.

I don't know, there might be. If there is that option then maybe I will try moving them out and back in. I moved one Sim out of that house and it had me choose either to just kick them out and let them find their own house of those available in the town or pick them a house or empty lot to move to. But, if I were to move the rest out and move them back into the same house how does that work?
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,274 Member
    Simmer2500 wrote: »
    Cororon wrote: »

I don't know, there might be. If there is that option then maybe I will try moving them out and back in. I moved one Sim out of that house and it had me choose either to just kick them out and let them find their own house of those available in the town or pick them a house or empty lot to move to. But, if I were to move the rest out and move them back into the same house how does that work?

You get the option to sell the furniture when you move everyone out.

But I see you have already solved the problem. Great. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif