Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Keep in mind with the base game's dead, the game did not have any means of resurrecting dead Sims and there may not have been plans to do that until discussions for University started. So the shredded data on the dead may be fine until you try to resurrect them. Which may be why post-Uni dead Sims have data.

Yes, but at the same time, since Bluewater Village dead sims are always adult males, no matter if they look female and/or elder. It seems like even though they don't have gravestones or urns, they aren't meant to be resurrected either.

I'm still surprised that the delivery man in Specter graveyard may look like an adult, but is actually in baby stage.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    1. Pleasantview has most of the ancestors shredded, Skip Broke has no tombstone, and both Darleen and Skip have messed up ties to their family due to two versions of them existing in the files. The Goth ghosts, and Michael Bachelor, seem to be relatively fine.
    2. Strangetown has most of the ancestors shredded, two ancestors have their data intact, but they arent flagged as a sim, and almost everyone in Olive's graveyard has problems. Knut Futa is entirely missing from her graveyard, and is remembered as 'dead' by several sims, but has most data flags unset, resulting in the infamous baby man. Lou is also mising from her graveyard, and has shredded data.
    3. Veronaville again has shredded ancestors, several ghosts without tombstones, and many dead with broken features in their data somewhere
    4. Tutorial has shredded data for the ancestors of the Sim family
    5. Downtown has a dead sim that nobody can resurrect, and the Tricous have some inherent problems
    6. Bluewater Village has many dead ancestors with the Power aspiration and the wrong gender flag set
    7. Riverblossom Hills has a town-wide memory problem that extends into the dead, but otherwise probably has the safest dead. None of them have tombstones.
    8. Desiderata Valley again has sims without tombstones, and despite Luis Aspir being set up to wish his dead wife back to life, she will revive with no real relationship to him or anyone else in the family.
    9. Belladonna Cove made an attempt to house the tombstones but failed, and one of the tombstones oddly appears at the art gallery, by the street, instead of a meaningful place. One ancestor was fully deleted, resulting in fullscale unfixable errors that no package editor can touch. Shredding data is better than outright deletion, as this town cannot be fixed, you can only hope to isolate the corrupt bit.
    10. Four Corners has a single dead sim that has no tombstone, and he is unplayable in both versions of the town.
    11. Mesa Flats does bad thing to the data of the Girard family to simulate them leaving town on honeymoon; they are basically killed, unlinked and shredded.
    12. Felicity Island does the same thing to Bart Pittman, and to Winford Rhinehart if you choose the Banish ending.

There isnt a single premade town without some form of buggy dead. Everything to do with ghosts in Sims 2 is a mess, unless you make them yourself.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • WinthorpeWinthorpe Posts: 119 Member
    Adults have two voice sets for each gender, while elderly and teens have one assigned to each. I'm not sure about children.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Devalaous wrote: »
      There isn't a single premade town without some form of buggy dead. Everything to do with ghosts in Sims 2 is a mess, unless you make them yourself.

And this is ultimately what is required. Thankfully, there are other Simmers out there who have taken the time to do it with many Sims themselves.

I now have neighborhoods with 200 fewer extraneous Sims and all their attached baggage, only 1 of each NPC type needed, fixed ancestors and dead spouses, fixed memories etc. I also went through and gave the townies I kept better names.

I need to address Downtown now. I'm tempted to load up the empty Downtown template and just make Sims wholly from scratch to begin with rather than trying to wrangle EA's files.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    Winthorpe wrote: »
    Adults have two voice sets for each gender, while elderly and teens have one assigned to each. I'm not sure about children.

Children have only one voice for both genders. So do toddlers and babies. Oh, and young adults share same voice with teens.
    Also fun fact. Adult ghosts always have one voice for each gender, even though they might have had the other one when they were alive.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This weekend I was playing and put the MyShuno game thingy on a community lot which had some sofas etc. in a room. In all these years I had no idea Sims will sit and play the game instead of stand if there are some couches. Who knew. I had believed they always stood for this game. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Cinebar That reminds me of when City Living was first announced and I nicknamed San Myshuno “Saint Bingo” because of the Sims 2 game!
    Cinebar wrote: »
    This weekend I was playing and put the MyShuno game thingy on a community lot which had some sofas etc. in a room. In all these years I had no idea Sims will sit and play the game instead of stand if there are some couches. Who knew. I had believed they always stood for this game. :o

Yep, the Myshuno game in Sims Life Stories thats part of the plot has seating around for this reason, had four people all sitting down playing it all eager while one person did the calling on the box.

• Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    I recently learnt about Sims being able to steal a bite off someone elses plates when sitting across the table on either side, looks extremely amusing.
    L9q8VGi.png
    edited November 2020
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    I recently learnt about Sims being able to steal a bite off someone elses plates when sitting across the table on either side, looks extremely amusing.

I once learned that those play interactions that can be done while eating can be romantic. I accidentally made my sim have a crush in other sim after having her throw food at her friend. Well, didn't want to ruin a relationship, so I exited without saving.

So in the end, you'll find love in food fights. What a message...
    Colour me surprised but this hidden bookshelf actually works. Probably something most people know but forever I've always wondered how I can actually get into that one section of the DeBateu's apartment.
    mMOnloZ.jpeg
    L9q8VGi.png
    Colour me surprised but this hidden bookshelf actually works. Probably something most people know but forever I've always wondered how I can actually get into that one section of the DeBateu's apartment.

There is one in the family with the 'good' and 'evil' twins as well, it leads to a room full of spell casting items, further hinting at the transformation they are meant to go through.

• garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    There is an animation for a Adult Sim giving the medicine from the Science career reward to a child. I have never seen this before!
    mvln4k63dk0.jpg
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    garapoes wrote: »
    There is an animation for a Adult Sim giving the medicine from the Science career reward to a child. I have never seen this before!
    mvln4k63dk0.jpg

Ooh! I'm wondering... How did you discover the animation? I have never seen it either.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Cool~ I've never seen it either! @garapoes :flushed:
    Another funny moment I haven't seen before. I moved in a brother and sister both with a child of their own. I forgot I had the special event camera on and so when the cut scene (cab) got done they were on the side walk and the kids were screaming and crying, lol, and the little boy was very angry and doing all sorts of faces because the adults were arguing and poking each other in the chest (grumpy Sims). ROFL. I thought kids getting upset was just reserved for cheating couples and or divorce. I didn't know it extended to other relatives.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    mvln4k63dk0.jpg

I have never saw this either! That’s cute!

@Cinebar I thought the same, that kids would only get upset at their parents fighting. That’s pretty cool it goes beyond that.
    edited November 2020
    EgonVM wrote: »

I once learned that those play interactions that can be done while eating can be romantic. I accidentally made my sim have a crush in other sim after having her throw food at her friend. Well, didn't want to ruin a relationship, so I exited without saving.

So in the end, you'll find love in food fights. What a message...

Yes, I discovered this years ago when my Sherlock was dining with Edward Scissorhands. I thought it would be a fun thing to try to have a food fight since it wasn't under the flirt option. Edward got a crush on Sherlock. Became a stalker. lol Started calling all the time, coming by the house, barging in. Started getting those messages he hadn't heard from him (Before a patch to fix the amount of times this happened) when he had just talked to him a few hours before. Interesting twist to food fights. ETA: This was years before the BFF they added (which I dislike) so someone who liked another Sim were always calling several times.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    mvln4k63dk0.jpg

Ooh! I'm wondering... How did you discover the animation? I have never seen it either.

Alexander wanted to raise his logic skill so I let him use the career reward and then he had a mysterious disease. I tried to let him drink the medicine but it wouldn't let me interact with it, so I wanted Mortimer to sell it. And then it said: give medicine to Alexander. So wholesome if you think about it!
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    mvln4k63dk0.jpg

Alexander wanted to raise his logic skill so I let him use the career reward and then he had a mysterious disease. I tried to let him drink the medicine but it wouldn't let me interact with it, so I wanted Mortimer to sell it. And then it said: give medicine to Alexander. So wholesome if you think about it!

Thank you.
    Hmm... I'll have to get it happen myself.
    Seems like if there's a sick child, sims can give a medicine to them...
    Less of a Sims 2 Discovery in its own, but it's closer to a Sims 2 Stories discovery
    So do you know how Pet Stories usually has no elders, and Sims would die at the end of the adult lifestage?
    V7LRSwc.png

Elders are still in it to some extent. I copied over a Pleasant View neighbourhood and it's working fine, scripted events and all. But the main thing is, Mortimer still works without issue. Despite his lifestage not usually being in the game. Granted people will still die at the end of the adult lifestage and only premade elders seem to work
    300VCVG.jpg
    L9q8VGi.png
    edited November 2020
    Less of a Sims 2 Discovery in its own, but it's closer to a Sims 2 Stories discovery
    So do you know how Pet Stories usually has no elders, and Sims would die at the end of the adult lifestage?

Elders are still in it to some extent. I copied over a Pleasant View neighbourhood and it's working fine, scripted events and all. But the main thing is, Mortimer still works without issue. Despite his lifestage not usually being in the game. Granted people will still die at the end of the adult lifestage and only premade elders seem to work

You can use mods to age people up to elders in Pet Stories too. Insiminator has a component that can set ages, and I was able to turn all the main cast into elders as a sort of test joke. I wonder why they removed them the way they did?

• OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    I just discovered yesterday that Sims 2 has a feature that I thought was introduced in Eco Lifestyle. Namely, you can use the solar panels to produce energy. I put a big one on the roof of the dorm all my student sims live in and then next time the mailman came, I got a notification that I produce enough clear energy to be paid for it instead of paying bills! I thought the solar panels were purely a decoration.

I'm not sure if I love this, seeing how it's so easy to make money in Sims 2 anyway, but it's a fun idea and I was surprised to see it there!
    I just discovered yesterday that Sims 2 has a feature that I thought was introduced in Eco Lifestyle. Namely, you can use the solar panels to produce energy. I put a big one on the roof of the dorm all my student sims live in and then next time the mailman came, I got a notification that I produce enough clear energy to be paid for it instead of paying bills! I thought the solar panels were purely a decoration.

I'm not sure if I love this, seeing how it's so easy to make money in Sims 2 anyway, but it's a fun idea and I was surprised to see it there!

Next time your doing University content, put those student savings to use by sticking solar panels on the dorm roof :p Future students wont ever have to pay bills again.

edited March 2021
    I discovered actively controlled Sims can complain at stores owned by other playables while you're visiting.

Take Ashes surroundings that caused it, she's in a store where one of the Sims who attacked her is working there, the stores setup in a way where most of the workers are enemies and fight each-other the whole time rather than serve customers, and a little after a few fights she gets this little interaction.
    1x8VjGV.png

And she complains to one of the employees just like a OFB customer would!
    AtivF9N.jpeg

No star loss or anything from what I can tell.
    L9q8VGi.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top